ITT: films that jumped the shark in the third act

ITT: films that jumped the shark in the third act.

I don't think any recent film is a better example than this.

All comes down to a slasher flick with Mark Strong playing a fedora tipper with delusions of grandeur.

So much, SO MUCH wasted potential.

would Prometheus count as one of these. Granted its stupid in the beginning with the scientists but it gets even dumber in the 3rd act.

Yeah, they could've just done something where the ship goes wrong because it can't handle the suns rays.

Could have been worse.
Couldhave been SUDDENLY ALIENS

that piece of shit jumped the shark right at the beginning, faggot

let me guess, sciencefag can't handle the "nuke to start the sun" thing
did I guess that?

Even with the sunburned fedora tipper really good kino tbh fam
very good music

Hitchcock was pretty shit at ending movies in general, but Vertigo really takes the cake

Interstellar

Interstellar has an awful first act, a great second act, and a Shayamalan-tier third act.

no you didn't

do tell, then
what pissed you off about the movie?

it's a shitty attempt at creating some sci fi kino stuff but fails miserabily because danny boyle is a flick director

buzzwords: the post
you didn't explain jackshit, opinion discarded

Not an argument

I love this movie, but it's probably the worst offender.

>Third act starts with the last appearance of the detective, who fucking flies off into space, freezes to death and is never mentioned again and the protagonist turns into Superman

It doesn't help that the third act lasts half a movie.

It manages to be legitimately scary even when using old tricks by calculating the atmospheric anticipation perfectly and then delivering a well timed scare.
Then the ghostbusters appear.
And then they all go to spirit world.
And then end in Twin Peaks rip off ending.

Fuck me, forgot the image.
At least is a better ghostbusters movie b than Ghostbusters 3

what's there to explain
the movie tries to be kino, while it was doomed to be an simple flick since the beginning
basically a big bait for redditors

That shit was hysterical.

Neither is a bunch of buzzwords.

Psycho was fine though

The 3rd act in Prometheus was actually good in conception. Problem was that they had already blow the tension with stupid action and character arcs leading up to it.

Sunshine sucked the entire way through. What potential?

I'm convinced this was caused by studio interference.

I loved it.

Sunshine has some great visuals and a decent Sci-fi plot, but ya the sunburnt monster man at the end completely ruined everything

holy shit the pleb is strong with this one