Pretty gud.

Everything can be Кино

КИНО
И
Н
О

just like my mangas
why can't modern directors do cool shit like this

It takes a strict soviet regime to make true кино. Art from adversity.

Which Manga's? Berserk?

Is Grigori Kozintsev on the level of Tarkovsky, Kurosawa, or Bresson?

[Enter: Guts and Armour talk in a surreal landscape]
Guts: What are you?
Armour: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Guts: We? I asked what you are!
Armour: We am I, and we are you.
Guts: I don't understand.
Armour: We will understand, in due time…
[Guts wakes up]

I think the scene would be better if the face on the armor was pained like this.

He's out there

Is this Кино?

bump

Romanticism can be Kino if it accurately reflects the romantic elements of real life.

Yes

Wait I thought

was surrealism, not romanticism.

the romantic elements of real life.
Which…are?

pic related
One of the few games that fully understands the potential of it's medium.

bump

this is Кино you plebs

Кино Говно

Things that cannot either be expressed or defined by words. If they could, they would not be Kino.

Фильм крови? как Макбет?

How can one be aware enough of these elements enough to put them to film? I was planning intellectual reflection though my memories, religious texts, sociology, neurology, psychology, all great pieces of art discussing the human condition, and though all philosophy's: determining the base motivations, observations, interpretations, instincts and emotions at their respective cores. Or is this study doomed to be fruitless?

Is this post Kino?

You can be aware of them without being able to put them into words. It's communicating them to others that's the hard part. Sometimes, by chance, they know what you're talking about, sometimes they thing you're insane.

I wouldn't say it's doomed to be fruitless, you'll just only be able to shed light on pieces of the mystery, rather than the entire thing. Gazing through a glass darkly, so to speak.

удар

Posting Moar Kino.

Tark would approve of these numbers.

Can dubs be kino?

Nice to see more true kino

Can you give more examples of "true kino"?

cape films

It seems that most of this "kino" are like short-films in themselves, with a "feeling" a "aesthetic" intrinsic to their nature that is not understood logically but, emotionally. Wouldn't you agree?

I am tired now, and when I'm tired I have found that "I cannot think straight", but somehow I still understand these clips by "thinking around".

test

Cool blowing capes like OP's video?

Yes

I think you could analyze it in a mundane manner and very logically but as with all art it is not enough to know the workings of the craft, you have to understand the higher values and symbols that you use and also take it seriously. Composition, motion, framing, action and acting, it all matters immensely.

>you have to understand the higher values and symbols
Which are?

Individual to a movie.

I meant in general.

Much of it is dependent on culture but a lot is also context sensitive. Film is about the aesthetics and experience of pictures in motion in its essence and you have to use that to communicate with the audience. That's why your understanding of the fundamental concepts you will be using to communicate and what you are communicating is so important.

Do any of you guys want to talk about Art-Cinema? Is there any particular film you guys want to talk about?

How about Au Hasard Balthazar? I really liked it but I don't know if I could watch it again. No other movie I've seen does a better job making humanity seem inhuman, as much of an oxymoron as that is. The way the actors acted made them seem like these weird, alien creatures(maybe with the exception of Marie's parents.), which only further highlighted all of the horrible things they did.

Also, what are some other good Bresson movies? I've only seen this and A Man Escaped, which is also really good. Diary of a Country Priest was supposedly Tarkovsky's favorite movie, but I haven't seen it yet.

Tark didn't like The Seventh Seal. He kept quiet about that flick and preferred Wild Strawberries instead.

The Seventh Seal was better than anything in his filmography.

I think he said Winter Light was his favorite Bergman film.

I disagree. Andrei Rublev was a better religion themed medieval film, and Stalker was a better film about faith. Honestly, it's kind of hard for me to go back to Bergman films after discovering Tarkovsky. He just surpassed them in almost every way. Even Bergman himself thought so.

Bergman was too self effacing about his work. Seventh Seal is a masterpiece. You rate Stalker far too highly. Frankly you come off somewhat sycophantic when it comes to the topic of Tarkovsky. It's unseemly.

I'm actually not the same guy that always spergs about Stalker. I don't think it's the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie Tarkovsky made, just better than The Seventh Seal.

Maybe, but I don't think it's better than all of Tarkovsky's films.

Do you guys remember the "Why are animes as shit as jewlywood?" Thread? It just 404'd Here's a archive: web.archive.org/web/20160914160619/https://8ch.net/tv/res/463450.html I was lurking Holla Forums a few minutes ago and I found a screenshot to the answer OP was looking for.

>>>/killyourself/

agree. best late-soviet post-punk band.

Seventh Seal has some witty philosophical dialogue and memorable moments, but overall it just falls flat compared to the cinematography, acting, and non-pompous dialogs of Andrei Rublev, Stalker, Zerkalo, and Nostalghia. Seventh Seal could work as a play without losing much of it's charm, but you can't convert Tarkovsky's films into a play just like that, since everything in the film is essential, not just the dialogs and actors. Tark's Bruegel inspired scenes, focus shots of nature and the characters' surroundings, and synthesizer sound effects surpassed anything by Bergman.

good post

smh fams tbh

I have conceived of a film (before I had even heard of Stalker) similar in concept to Stalker for the Divine Comedy. I conceived of Dante having theological/philosophical debates with different people in each "circle" of hell. The Tarkposter talked about how a truly mystical film shows man as wretched, and the concept of man I conceived of is similar. But, I have also conceived of how to depict God in it's purest form as well, Something so noble, and beautiful it truly fits the original meaning of the word "awesome". I conceived of Dante in each level of Hell as a short film about the folly of one of the 7 deadly sins, all would be surreal, tackling theological and philosophical concepts in highly original, lateral ways. That which is human is wretched, that which is God is pure bliss incarnate. There is a score only at the climax of every circle and in the heaven sequence. What do you guys think some of possible failings of such a conceptual film? I intend to make it and I will not accept defeat in this matter the concept is a spark of hope deep within my soul, I will not be deterred. I 'will make this film, I simply ask you guys to help me conceive of any problems of turning people to the glory of God.

bump

Film at best.

go away

What is montage theory? Is it ok to use montage in the opening credits of a film?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_montage_theory

I don't have much idea of how to do that, Dante's Divine Comedy is a difficult concept to be interpreted as cinema. Kino is more of a spiritual propaganda than religious propaganda, so make it more subtle, simple, and natural. I think surrealism might make something feel unnatural, so I suggest that the surrealism you create mostly or even purely comes from the set, lighting, sound effects, and shot techniques. Make it dreamlike rather than surreal.

Collaborate with film school graduates, they have practical experience in cinematography and photography. I imagine that if done well it would turn out like The Seventh Seal, but with less humor and more elaborate cinematography.

What makes film "the most truthful" medium of art?

Nothing. Literature is the highest medium of art.

all russians should shoot some krokodil and drink bleach to wash it down

russkies are subhuman

indeed. that's why both my grandpas killed dozens of them in the 50s

Why does Kino have to feel natural?

Not the highest, the most truthful.

bump

because natural = truthful

What are the best dreamlike films?

Zerkalo(AKA Mirror) for starters.

bump

Any more?

Learn how to read, Jesus.

I'm not sure I would call it the most truthful but it is the medium with which it is the easiest to most convincingly tell a lie.

There's Big Lebowski, which has the most accurate silly dream scene.

Can you give an example please?

I bet no one knew who he was until he put on the mask.

where do you think you are?

I know were I am, I just wish we could be serious sometimes.

what dsid he mean bt his?

ehat sdi he m,ean bty this?

simo haya pls

what did he mean by this?

Almost any film based on a historical event. They're all distorted to fit one narrative or another.

nocent victems to the second most pointless site ever!!!! I'm back. And really angry, and confused. I've always known that I was weird, that's always been a given. But now I realize that I am considerably more normal than the rest of my family. Today we had a "family outing." Now, most families will go bowling, or putt-putt golfing. They may go to a resteraunt with an arcarde, or the movies or to a theme park. Not my family! No, we got the greatest family outing of all. We got to go to a bar and play pool!!!!!*waits for readers to become insanely jealous* Yep, that's right, a bar with a pool table! Not only did we get world class cuisine (under-cooked hotdogs and over-cooked hamburgers), my little sister (age 10) got taught pool by someone I strongly supect is an ex-convict! Naturally when it was announced that we'd be eating dinner in this place, I could hardly contain my excitment(I glared at my mother and asked why we must mean that you'd rather be here than anywhere else! Hey, w

Won't get anything of substance while the board is getting nuked like today.

what d id sd he maen bhy thkis/?

what did he mean by this?

wew mods

bump

don't speak my name, bitch

;_;

Can he even speak?

bump

Is this Kino?

there's a whole board for that actually

Is this Kino?

yes

russkies are whiter than you. Deal with it mongrels

Is this a montage?

Anime will never be kino.

Ya sure?

I noticed in Majora's Mask's, that certain cutscenes deliberately use motion-blur too reinforce (quite effectively I might add) the surreal and dreamlike nature of the setting [vid related]. If someone were to utilize this effect in a dream-like live-action film, do you guys think this technique would work well? Or would the effect be too "unnatural"?

Jesus, I feel terrible…Our culture at it's heart is sick isn't it? Jesus.

The real answer is - most pretentious. When the progenitors of marxism & communism saw the potential for propaganda in film, they made film their most predominant medium for dispersing propaganda. Then came postmodernism which added an obligatory layer to everything, where you absolutely must detect "themes" in a work in order to better understand it. Aside from the actual propagandists that began to flourish in the 60s and 70s, because of postmodernism, there is no work that is immune to the obligatory thematic deconstruction test. Every work is now supposed to be composed of themes, have a "deeper meaning" and if you can't detect it then congrats because thanks to postmodernism you're now a simpleton and the work is 2deep4u.

This explains why liberal arts classes train students to inject their own beliefs into a work and claim the work stands for whatever they claim it means. This of course is known as subjectivism. "Art"-house cinema is the biggest offender in this regard. They present to you vague and completely pretentious garbage and you're supposed to train yourself to add layers upon layers of extra meaning. That's the real reason why film is treated with such high regard. The irony through all of this is that actual plebs complain when others are pointing out obvious propaganda in movies, those same plebs will defend obvious pretentious propagandist garbage.

Sorry pleb, the (((the cultural revolution))) demands that everything does have a message, everything is inherently political, and everything in unconditionally propaganda through varying degrees. But why is it that? Well all of this was intended to be used as a cultural and political weapon. (((They))) intended for the brainwashed youth to detect traditional values whenever they're represented and reject them. They inadvertently turned film and by extension art into a war of propaganda. When a movie in the 1930s was about a time period where traditional values was the unconditional and unquestionable norm, that movie is now graduated to something that bears the label of toxic patriarchal capitalist propaganda. Conversely, people who see through the facade point out the propaganda coming from the left but the leftist puppets stand by their actual propaganda as if it's immune to this test.

The most horrific effect to come from all of this is that ignorant masses have increasingly become reliant on films as their reference for reality and their basis for understanding the world. The Simpsons used to be good at pointing this out. Hey look, I referenced a TV show as proof. In this sense, their basis for understanding reality is actually a mishmash of propaganda and seeing film and television is the very definition of brainwashing. No really, even if you give the average person credit for being smart what's the first thing you or others think of when you run into a situation that challenges the way you handle things?

Face it. Propaganda, brainwashing, and postmodernism works even if you are aware of its effects. You can only separate reality from it for so long. Western culture in the hands of these propagandists causes the masses to spend more time thinking about movies than they do reality. And the scary part is there are of course people who never learned to separate reality from fiction. They see something happen in a movie and they think whatever they saw actually is acceptable. Can anyone tell them otherwise? Everyone loves movies. Movies are a testament to culture as it is!

Is red ice kino?

What's so great about this "documentary"? If I put together every mention of the Irish in Hollywood filmmaking it wouldn't be much different.

bump

Can you give an example please?

"I am constantly being asked what this or that means in my films. It's unbearable! An artist does not have to be accountable for his intentions. I did not do any deep thinking about my work. I don't know what my symbols mean. I only desire to induce feelings, any feelings, in viewers. People always try to find "hidden" meanings in my films. But wouldn't it be strange to make a film while striving to hide one's thoughts? My images do not signify anything beyond what they are… We do not know ourselves that well: sometimes we express forces which cannot be grasped by any ordinary measure." - Andrei Tarkovsky
"The most truthful medium of art" is what Andrei Tarkovsky said about filmmaking in sculpting in time and if you look at the quotes here: archive.is/4q7cz you will see similar beliefs. He was one of the rare filmmakers who lacked the spiritual and cultural cancer of which you speak.

bump

So the assertion isn't that Anime is good, but that that it is something another culture still has that our own has lost somewhere along the way: a conception of innocence and beauty. Interesting.

Is anyone even here?

bump

;_;

The cinematography is interesting in this.

O…woshit…O…woshit…O…woshit…

That sound pattern, seems like something Shakespeare would do.

It seems this video was made private. Here's a replacement.

The base intelligence of the human being is fascinating, it's almost like I can see the spark of intelligence and ingenuity within the human mind itself.

This truly is the worst board for actual discussions.

Really? I can count eight threads in the last two months with actual discussion.

1. web.archive.org/web/20160807051802/https://8ch.net/tv/res/426590.html (8-2-16)
2. web.archive.org/web/20160805005007/https://8ch.net/tv/res/427504.html (8-3-16)
3. web.archive.org/web/20160828202201/https://8ch.net/tv/res/448740.html (8-18-16)
4. web.archive.org/web/20160827174604/https://8ch.net/tv/res/451546.html (8-20-16)
5. web.archive.org/web/20160827174542/https://8ch.net/tv/res/451713.html (8-20-16)
6. web.archive.org/web/20160914160619/https://8ch.net/tv/res/463450.html (8-31-16)
7. web.archive.org/web/20160911045721/https://8ch.net/tv/res/468917.html (9-5-16)
8. web.archive.org/web/20160910172710/https://8ch.net/tv/res/469263.html (9-5-16)

You say that like it's a good ratio.

That wasn't real conversion, only spam.

Can a montage not be "soviet montage theory"? IS the basic idea of montage "soviet montage theory" or is "soviet montage theory" a type of montage?

I don't know what you're trying to convey.

It's just a sad reaction image m8.

bump

zamp

gump

hrump

Bane?

Aye.

wtf guys

No one?