Tfw the new blade runner of the 2010s already came out but everyone was too butthurt due to its liberal politics

when will people realize its the masterpiece that it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/08/the_week_democracy_died_how_brexit_nice_turkey_and_trump_are_all_connected.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will Holla Forums wean itself off of the dregs of western entertainment?

Now defend Chappy

Elaborate on how Elysium is anything like Blade Runner.

If anything, that title would go to District 9

This movie doesn't deserve to smell Blade Runner's shit!

The ending was shit, besides M-A-T-T D-A-M-O-N melodramatic shitty death the problem is it was rushed as fuck

D9 had closure, elysium simply had magical robot ships giving free healthcare to everybody, as if pollution, crime, violence and poverty weren't the biggest issues in the planet

>district 9
>not chappie

It took me three years to watch this movie, saw first third of it on an airplane then finally watched it a few months ago.
Even though I hate Matt Damon, I really liked this movie. I have a hard-on for exoskeletons.
I really liked the part where he popped out from behind the car while the robot was reloading and fragged it.
It would've been better if he had lived at the end and it turned out the mexican kid was his.

Blomkamp's movies ahve some great sci-fi visuals, but they're paper thin in terms of plot and characterization.

Everything past the 2nd act in Chappie was garbage. It had some decent music videos though.

I love it when someone saves a pic of mine.

It exposes the end-game of liberal politics by showing what happens when you flood the first-world with useless third-world sub-humans.

It's another sci-fi movie about Johannesburg, both literally and metaphorically, right? Seriously Blomkamp comes off like The Cranberries making singles about troubles in Ireland. It just comes off as insular and confusing.

Wasn't the whole movie about whites making a utopia for themselves and niggers and kikes chimping out, bringing the entire thing down because, muh feelings?

Personally I suspect it started out as a script for a Battle Angel Alita movie, then went through several rounds of reworks

It was more about muh 1% and less about race you nigger.

One of the most redpilled movies of the decade.

What exactly what "liberal" about it?

Anyone else think its weird that everyone (every nation, every political party, even individuals) is becoming more & more authoritarian and conservative while pretending that everything is getting more "liberal"? For example the so-called "liberal" SJW crowd, they couldn't be more fascist and yet they get called liberals, the current US president & Hilary Clinton run as "liberals" when they are clearly wealthy state fascists just like the republicans, and so on.

S M H

No. It's only weird to those who still thinks the labels of liberal, conservative, left and right wing holds any tangible meaning in the last decade. The real fight has always been the vertical axes of authoritarian vs libertarian, and not libertarian in the Aaaaayyyn Rand or any politicians or fedoralord Libertarian, or god forbid Gary Johnson for the Libertarian party.

It is weird. And interesting. Here's an interesting piece from Slate in which a liberal writer who obviously sympathizes more with what he calls "undemocratic liberalism" than with "illiberal democracy" looks at the ways these two approaches are unfolding against each other: slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/08/the_week_democracy_died_how_brexit_nice_turkey_and_trump_are_all_connected.html

dangit when will those right wing hollywood elites let a proud left wing movie get the marketing it deserves dangit

I'll never understand this whole idea that the new right is supposedly so "populist" in contrast to the old establishment. I mean the Democrats in the US and the social democrats throughout Europe has been as populist as it gets for decades. They've been extending citizenship to foreigners just like how Julius Caesar extended Roman citizenship outside the Italian peninsula to make the populare faction more popular. The leftists have also been pushing all sort of policies that seem like bribing the people to vote for you. They promise voters bread and circuses and call it welfare.

Surely the economic protectionism promised by Trump etc can be considered as populist to some extend, but in contrast to the welfare state, free health care, higher minimum wage, free fucking everything the right wing populism is fucking nothing. The left wing populism is much more closer to real populism in my opinion and it doesn't even seem to gain too much criticism, or at least it's not called populism like it should.

I do understand that the leftist media call their opposition as right wing populists partly just to bash them, but it really makes me wonder how self-aware they are about their own populism, or do they really believe that populism is just a right wing problem?

They're not fascist. They're "fascist."

The two parties aren't actually in opposition to each other. The left and right thing is a facade that's mean to divide people into two, and only two camps. The Clintons and Bushes and other political dynasties are actually closer than you think and they follow the orders of people from elsewhere. Nothing is as random and bizarre as you think, it's only meant to look that way.

The reason why people are betting on Trump is because he has a ton of outsider support that is tired of the left vs. right facade. You're right about labels being owned and operated in various senses but Trump's popularity is built off of the silent promise that he's going to take the presidency and by extension the US government out of the hands of globalist puppeteers. In the primaries you had record breaking votes on Trump's side of things and tons of first time voters because they see him as a way out. Whether or not he'll actually do that, that's why the "right" is seen as populist today.

Generally, the right itself is closer to the values that people want even if the party working toward it may actually be another facade. People want what's Right, not what's "Right," and in the case with US politics, Trump utilized this and used the Republican leaders (fake right) against themselves and roped in lifelong republicans, outsiders from all kinds of camps, and first time voters that would have never voted otherwise. That's the real reason why his republican "allies" are working against him. They were never really republican, they were never really the right, they merely exist to keep the actual right subdued and defeated by the left.

DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF
DRUMPF

First of all the word you're looking for is authoritarianism. Fascism means merging the best(or worst depending on who you're talking to) of both the left and the right to create something that isn't entire like either. To quote Mussolini "We are free from both the backwardness of the right and the self-destructiveness of the left."

Second of all, liberals always become authoritarian when they get into power. The revolutionaries in France were supposedly in favor of free speech, equal rights, and the will of the people when they overthrew the king, yet they killed tens of thousands of people who they deemed to be "reactionaries". Likewise, the Soviets claimed to be against any kind of censorship when they were the ones getting censored, yet when they got into power they censored and persecuted their dissenters more than the Tsar could have ever dreamed of.

Liberal =\= libertarian

Pretty much.

I always thought the conflict driving the movie didn't work since it revolved around an amazing sci-fi device with no stated limitations and the white people running the space station and the magic healing devices were just racists assholes for the sake of it. But none of the people who are denied access to the magic healing terminals are likeable or have redeeming traits so they kept shoving that mother with the Leukemia kid in everyone's face for forced sympathy. And everytime some group of spics invade the station they always break into the exact same house for the healing terminal and get surprised when they're quickly apprehended. Then when they brought the magic healing device down to Earth the movie makes it look like it would somehow solve all of Earth's problems when the problem was overpopulation, not spics unable to have access to the Obamacare bed.

tl;dr: Social commentary and politics aside, the movie was fucking dumb and the plot made no sense

lol nigger

After the movie, Elysium (the station) is pretty much fucked. As everyone is now a citizen, there'll be a mad rush over there. And since the droids can't arrest citizens for some reason, there's is nothing or no one around to keep order. Sooner or later, the station will either be destroyed or made uninhabitable.

On Earth, things will improve at least for a while. But the medical supplies won't last forever, given the massive need for them. Eventually things are as bad as they were before, but now there's no hope of better place.

The end was odd anyway if you start thinking about it. For such a vital piece of hardware, you'd think there are contingencies.
Like, just pull the plug and revert the database to the last backup.

FTFY

Yes they will, the healing stations run on magic and have no known limitations. Blomkamp tried to make a social statement…using magic as the metaphor for healthcare and used the most unlikable group of people I have seen in a movie and forced the audience to be sympathetic to them and not the people barely keeping the peace

I thought the whole thing was just strongly rich versus poor. Didn't even care about the races presented, it was honestly a bland movie using cinematic effects to hide how meh the choreography was.
It's watchable but it isn't Bladerunner in the slightest.

im triggered

this

Those healing machines would have been infinitely replicable and you could easily put one on every block in a slum with a couple robot guard and charge fuck all for its use.

Its like people who write this shit do not get economy of scale and mass production

They do, they just didn't care and make something retarded for the immigration and healthcare message

>>>/reddit/