This show redeemed itself with S4 and then immediately crashed afterwards...

This show redeemed itself with S4 and then immediately crashed afterwards. The final seasons were nothing but a race to the finish and the finale was terrible.

At least the first season was great.

Edgelords love their edge. On par with Breaking Bad, amirite?

Here's to (You)

I liked first two seasons, then the third one was meh, and the fourth one was meh as well (except for the ending). And then all other seasons were shit. Why did I keep watching it.

The show started sucking when they killed Doakes (is that the negro's name?) he was the foil to Dexter that needed to exist.

S2>S4>S1>>>>>>>Everything else>>>>>>>stool>S8>S7.

Are you retarded? Season 1 managed to tell a complete story. They could have ended the show then and it would have been perfect.

Because we (naively) thought it could be better. That's why.

The books are no good either. The negro was left in a vegetative state by Dexter's brother

That's fucking dumb.

That's why season 4 was kinda decent.
idk what the others had.

Season 1 was undoubtedly better written but was slightly boring in directing and execution.
S2 doesn't have big flaws and was very exciting.

I can't believe they managed to make it last for 8 seasons when they clearly had no more ideas after 4. Did all the writers from the beginning leave or somethinG?

1st 2nd and 3rd books were fun

I'm a peaceful person with high tolerance.

tfw in season 2 Dexter has a paranoid fantasy about Deborah knowing he's a killer and she acts very in-character.
Comes season 7, Deborah realizes Dexter's a killer.
Acts completely out of character.
I really fucking hate when they went.

I didn't watch past the first episode of season 5. Please elaborate.

So remember in season 2 when Dexter hallucinates about him telling the truth to Deborah and she understandably arrests him.
Well in season 7 not only does Deborah realizes Dexter is a killer but also the butcher.

What does she does?
Cries. OK, predictable.
But remember how murder is bad and how murdering bad people is still bad and you still deserve to go to prison.
Well she treats him like some heroin addict with anger issues and even decides to let him sleep in her house to "control his urges".
Some incestous bullshit is made as an excuse about why she doesn't arrests him then and there but is still idiotic since that breaks her moral standards completely.

Then LaHuerta is catching up to Dexter for being a fucking murderer and we're supposed to not root for her which is easy because her character is still insufferable.

For fucks sake.

i liked that twist

Tbh I watched season 2 just for her

Terrible after S2 when they killed his worthy rival, the guy who should've caught Dexter. S3 jumped immediately into "hey I'm an amoral psycho but I GOTTA GET MARRIED LOL wonder if I can kill people while wackily hiding my dark nature, wakka wakka!".

I remember that. At some point Deborah wanted to pursue a relation with Dexter, she even confesses that to a psychiatrist she was attending to.

She even resorted to the "Dexter is not my real brother cuz' he was adopted" men tal gymnastics. Then she discovered Dexter is a Killer when he killed the christcuck.

I fail to see a problem

Does this show have cool shots of murder scenes?

No.

Well, that's one less thing I have to watch.

I really started to hate it when Dexter was starting to hamper the capture of criminals that could have easily been captured by the police. It wasn't even that he was doing it to prevent other people from dying he just started doing it because he wanted to murder them.

Then towards the end when he suddenly falls in love with some blonde cunt for absolutely no reason made me rage even more. Especially how blondie tries to kill Deb and Dexter doesn't even bat an eyelid.

Everything after S5 is trash, fuck the finale.

At least those things make some sense given that he's supposed to be driven to murder and have only shallow attachments to other people. In other words, he isn't really a good guy, he's just trying to act like one.

Would a realistic show centered on a serial murderer just be too grim and depressing to watch?

Or is it a concept that could actually work for a TV series?

I'm writing something actually.
Well I'm not I'm writing something else but lately I've been thinking in a side project like this.

Tell me more.

Well is the classic cop and murderer/Cat and mouse plot.
But the cop and n the criminal are the same person.
Not like Dexter, they are the same person but aren't.
No. Is not time travel, alternate dimension, or paranormal demon/doppelganger stuff.
Imagine like if you hear it in a dream. Now picture yourself dreaming.
"They are the same person but aren't."
And no, its not a dream.

They look exactly the same, have similar opinions but contrasting personality, they're both in love of the same girl, the only one who has seen them both but never at the same time, they're never at the same place until the end of the series and even then they're alone.

The word choice I'm looking for is that they're the same person, but different outcomes.
Same past everything so there's not really an excuse for the murderer, all his bad actions are his own free will.

I do wonder, the murderer is charismatic, funny and memeable while the cop is kind of a dick. So I do wonder how many people will make apologies for him cause he's the "cool" one and since but the show/movie doesn't give them any apologisms

Hah! I have been watching this episode after episode. So it can't be that bad right? I physically can not stop. Half way through season 6.

/thread

This sounds like fun. Especially if it were done a little weird, like one of David Lynch's more grounded movies.

This would be rampant. Fans would come up with all kinds of rationalizations for his behavior.

Well I won't deny that Lynch has been a major influence in style if not intentionally and directly, subconsciously for sure.
Probably the reason I want to use the same actor for the two roles now that I think about it.

A conscious influence by him is to not having to explain shit, if I want to make "two different persons who are the same" well there's nothing stopping me and doesn't need any explanation to satisfy any fanwank.

My problem is if to make a series, but there's no way I can pull that for too long.
And the movie seems fine but I'm not making it without the intro I've thought for it, but I guess there's nothing stopping me from adding that to the movie really.

Lars von Trier was actually developing one, but for some unforeseen reason, it was cancelled and reworked into a feature film format. Knowing Lars it will still be 8 hours long though.

The title couldn't have been more clear for me.

Drafts in DubScript, actual writing in trelby.

Go UK/Euro style, and plan on a limited run. One or two seasons, with an end in mind from the beginning.

Why axolotl?

Every episode was the same, hate that kind of show

That will definitely be grim and depressing.
But beautiful!

Because is AXOLOTL the song I was hearing when the intro popped in my mind.

And I shit you not that this is complete coincidence. since I was hearing that fucking word everywhere I decided to search to its meaning in case it had one (You know how artists get all esoteric to get "deeper" meanings".) and the result I got was axolotl as animal spirit and was a description of myself to a t.
I do not believe in esoteric stuff but the coincidence was just too much to ignore and couldn't get out of my head.

and part of its meaning was double personality (I had already though in the two persons who are one by that point).

And caught in the bandwagon I decided to search my astrological and chinese symbols and found a website who told you the meaning of both combined, turns out is also to a T (I still believe is coincidence but is starting to get creepy) and double persona is also mentioned.

So why to fuck with fate.

You best start believing in esoteric stuff, buddy!

Does Lynch believes in esoteric stuff?
I know he believes in pretty weird shit but dies hw qualifies it as esoteric?
As far as I know Twin Peaks was pretty christian.

He practices transcendental meditation, and the subjects and themes of Twin Peaks (& etc.) make me think he's given some serious thought to the spirit world and the physical world interacting.

Major Briggs is a very good christian character.
Also his meditation is most some individualistic stuff.
Most of spirit world things came by Frost actually.

Christians can get esoteric, too. There's no conflict there. And TM is a particular form of meditation that comes from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's movement.

He follows a cult who believe that mentally chanting nonsense reduces crime and provides medical benefits, among other things (designated version of feng shui)

Not really, he believes in a cult who tells him to act like Dale Cooper to become a better person and bring the best from others.

Also, I started writing but as I did I realized I had to do something important but I'm back and haven't loss track.

It was such an insane cheat that at the end of the series none of his co-workers ever figured out who he was. That could've been a major final plot point and they completely pussed out.

Now they're talking about revisiting the show or continuing it, but it's too fucking late. The moment has passed.

Also, his so-called dark passenger is still fucking there. He's eventually going to start killing lumberjacks and we'll be right back at square one.

What if, because eventually people are going to figure out the big twist, you double cross them and it turns out they really are two different people.

Then a lot of assumptions people made about character motivations go completely out the window and they have to re-evaluate everything they thought they knew. Make sure their actions are still internally consistent though.

Anyway, just spitballing.

They are two different persons with just identical lives.

Do you guys know how much time on screen does it takes an average script page?
In my main project, (Remember AXOLOTL is a side project that's gaining strenght) I got quite far but I didn't liked it at the end so I restarted.