So I started watching this on netflix and it's pretty subpar. I keep hearing from friends how good it is...

So I started watching this on netflix and it's pretty subpar. I keep hearing from friends how good it is, but I find myself thinking "this is what buck hwhedon would do if he had made brisco county jr in space. I don't mind the anime he borrowed from, but why couldn't he at least borrow some better characters? Apart from the pilot and animal mother I have no fucks to give about the crew, the whore and priest are close runner-ups though.

Hipsters pretend like it's Christ's second coming but it's merely okay. It's not a bad Sci-Fi show, especially compared to the other hot garabge that comes out but it's also not the greatest thing ever.

Also requesting the screencap of user who described how every gang in Joss Whedon shows is essentially the exact same tropes.

I'd do Morena. Other than that, the show can burn

It's themed soap opera, like 90% of sy-fy. Now realize that the most advanced technology of TNG, like the holodeck, was a product of the late 80s.

We've gone all the way backwards from there. Not a single innovation ever since.

>not wanting to do wash

Which faggot is Wash? None of the women, I'm guessing

the qt pilot fag, what are you? gay or something?

Not gonna lie i was diamonds.

Louis pls

So was Whedon

i was really hoping she died in the pilot (op here)

Glad hipsters like it so much, maybe they'll stay away from actually good shows.

I like firefly, it's not great but it had potential. That's honestly the only reason why it got popular. It had a lot of potential and got dropped because Fox is retarded.

Anyone who says it's the second coming are retarded and should be ignored. It was a decent scifi, maybe even a good one but there are better ones out there. Like Farscape.

He ripped off the plot from an anime. Whedon doesn't have an ounce of originality in him.

You mean Nerdmalfags

You better not mean Cowboy Bebop and imply that invented the Cowboys in space trope.

outlaw star, actually.

I tried watching a while back as well, but I got bored of it about 20 min in the pilot episode. Not my thing I suppose. I gave Farscape a shot and I liked the first two episodes. I haven't seen it in a while though.

Firefly got popular because a lot of people saw it when they were teenagers.

yes that's a real word, nigger

Firefly is solid at what it does but the real reason it's popular is ironically its cancellation. It's the type of show that would have quickly run out of ideas and started repeating the same few character traits or relationships with slight variations (like post-cancellation Futurama). Hell even within what little there was released the lean heavily on the a small number of ideas (Mal and Inara, Kaylee and Simon, Guberment is hunting River etc etc). The second season would have been an inferior rehash for sure.

The concept of virtual worlds wasn't invented by Star Shrek.

MY NIGGA

Rygel is the reason I have kept watching this show.

He got annoying sometimes, but much more amusing than all Mary Sue females they had to put in.

MY
FUCKING
NIGGA

Firefly is NBC wendsday 7pm fare

Is this bait?
>muh evil wizard yes, really
>muh aussie lass kicks ass in space

Firefly had its fair share of shitty characters but Farscape was no better.

The show has episode dedicated to shitting on equality and all that. Plus, the blue plant chick was hardly feminist, other chars were more annoying.

And who is evil wizard? He was literally in only 2 episodes. Scorpius was once of best villains.

I heard in another friend that it was Joss Whedon's libertarian friend that made the show pretty good and not Joss himself. Personally I found the show to be allright. I think what makes it work are the characters: Captain Malcom, Zoe, Wash, Jeyne Cobb and Inarra. Serenity was a pretty good film though.

Wow, that's a spot on breakdown. Jesus, what a hack.

i got bored by this series and didn't finish it
claudia black is a kike now (dunno if she was then) but i'd smash

I can't confirm this but I do know that Whedon has outright stated he disagrees with everything Mal and co stand for and prefers big government.

now that is just fucked up. I thought serenity showed that they would fight the Alliance. Whedon is truly a cuck.