Watch KONG: Skull Island trailer

He's like 3 times bigger than the Peter Jackson version if this poster is worth anything

I heard that was because they were going to have him fight Godzilla in the sequel.

The fat American Godzilla?

But is he as durable as Godzilla?
Godzilla is invincible because his skin is thick as hel, his bones harder than any known metal and his healing factor is Hulk-tier, plus he's invulnerable to radiation. Which is why human weapons can't kill him.

But how can Kong survive, let's say, a nuke?

It's fiction, they can change the rules any way they like.

Yes, they're all set in the same universe where giant Kaijus exist. There is a possibility that since Pacific Rim is set in the future that their universe is also part of the LKEU (Legendary Kaijus Extended Universe).

But I'm asking for consistency. If they pull some bullshit out of their asses as to why Kong is invincible to human weapons I'm ok. If he's just a re-sized version of the original Kong (which is just a gorilla 10x as big and 100x times as strong) then I'll be disappointed because he can easily be killed with the weapons they already had back in the 70s.

I completely misread your post. Kong does seem like a weird choice for that level of monster.

You realize no mammal could ever be that large because #1 the bones would never be strong enough and #2 because the amount of heat generated by warm-blooded cells that are 30 feet from outside air will mean that the animal will cook from the inside, there's a reason why the largest animals ever were all cold-blooded.

Point being, asking for reasonable standards when it comes to giant mammals is fucking stupid.

He wasn't talking about realism but consistency. Godzilla has all kinds of bullshit to explain why the military can't just kill it, but how about this Kong?

realism = consistency
it applies to everything including capeshit
if a character/monster can do whatever the plot requires it becomes lame, you can't justify it by saying "it already violates the laws of physics so everything that happens it's a-okay!"

I want to see an anteater kaiju that crawls out of the sea and discovers the bountiful hives of human cities as food source.

It claws open buildings and licks up people by the thousands with a long, sticky, slimy and tentacly tongue.

Is that your fetish?

Nice work, but it should be called DONG

I just think it would be absolutely terrifying. And a kind of natural behavior of a giant animal monster, too.

I agree. Seemed like specific so I had to ask.

76 Kong barely survived in a coma in that hilariously bad 80s sequel after tumbling from the Twin Towers and getting gored by helicopters

I'm seeing this a lot more unironically. Did we meme that song into everything?
It used to be used almost exclusively in war films.

Confirmation bias.

We need an ape-themed lyrical parody of the song now.

Some apes were born
made to knuckle-drag

ooga booga
bix nood

But when the tribe plays Hail to the Chief
they throw their poo at you

Still waiting on that Shin Godzilla torrent…

never ever

Is it going to be a regular Kong movie or a different plot this time around?

Also this is in the 60'- early 70's. Godzilla was in 2014 so how is Kong going to have a kid with his dong or is kong gonna get old and get white fur?

The whole movie seems to be on the Island, and this Kong looks like more of a force of nature than just big monkey.

wait are they really doing this cinematic universe shit for fucking king kong and godzilla?

They did it before. I hope this Kong has Lightning powers too.

It's going to come out in America from October 11th - 18th. Can you wait that long?

I know the 63 Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla was kind of durable, but more clumsy. It even had lightning fingers and knew how to do a judo throw.

No, more like

It's just easier to assume that they're actually stupid instead of just pretending to be stupid

Jesus you faggots sound like the kids in Stand By Me. Reporting everyone ITT for underageb&.

That was a great movie. I wish my childhood had been like that.

Legendary's monster universe is dead in the water. King Kuck will flop and Godzilla 2 is rudderless since poor wittle Gareth quit because movies too swessfull.

Found the thin skinned underage newfag.