RISING BOX OFFICE MASKS GLUT OF BIG-BUDGET FILM FLOPS

RISING BOX OFFICE MASKS GLUT OF BIG-BUDGET FILM FLOPS
AS STUDIOS BET BIG ON SUPERHEROES AND SEQUELS, MORE MOVIES ARE FALLING SHORT IN A WINNER-TAKES-ALL ERA

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/r8ocP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

archive.is/r8ocP

What was (((their))) fucking problem?

(((Hollywood))) is dying because (((they))) have made most Americans poorfags through (((their economic policies))) and technology has made it easier than ever to pirate.

People often can't afford to go out to the movies or to see all that many movies.

There's also been some poor marketing like in the case of Warcraft. I go out to the movies at least every couple weeks and didn't even notice it get released. They really ought to have tried at least putting up some posters in different areas or doing something to market the thing.

There only seem to be a handful of true flops like with Huntsman and Ghostbusters where you just have to wonder what the hell the producers were thinking.

I literally haven't heard or read anything about the Ben-Hur movie. No wonder it flopped so fucking hard.

Movies make their money because of expensive ticket sales and rising population, the bubble will burst at some point and everyone will just watch the latest movies on Netflix or whatever.

Warcraft is a tough sell because at least 50% of the audience are just waiting to get it digitally, see BvS for a similar situation.

Yup. This is fantastic news for Netflix

Time to seize the moment and hit (((them))) where it hurts

As long as they cater to the lowest common denominator, Hollywood will survive.

They have first-run rights to Disney movies, and not much else (besides their original content of course)

I suppose. I mean, many times a movie flop, because people really want to see it, but not in the cinema. They prefer to see it in their home.

Deadpool was actually a good movie if you looke past the reddittier humor. Sorry it didn't have enough strong female characters for you Whedon.

John wick + deadpool two smash hits for under $60 million, heres a lesson for you hollywood give us cheaper movies with better writing and we will eat that shit up give us $150 million dollars worth of bland shit (gotta appeal to china) and we arent gonna fucking show up

Consider the following: John Wick was an indie movie, made by a small production company, but distributed by a major studio.

Deadpool was basically Ryan Reynold's baby, and pushed real hard for it. He showed (((them))) that there's a market for R-rating comic book antihero movies.

Mad Max: Fury Road was also George Miller's baby, and was in the works for over 20 years, and when it came out, it mopped the floor with every action movie of the year.

Those were all major hits.

If there's anything they should learn from this, is that not every major blockbuster has to be a multi-million dollar investment. They should make sure they're putting out GOOD movies, for once.

I enjoyed Deadpool, fuck you

Is this why they're trying to push through that remake of The Crow?

Why? the original was pretty good. They can't use the excuse of the new generation never saw it since the new generation can pirate it like they always do.

I don't know why they're remaking it, all I know is that they've cast Jason Momoa as the new Eric Draven

I'm surprised by that. I thought they would've gone with Keanu Reeves since he looks like Brandon Lee.

I'm surprised as well, though my main concern is that Jason is too ripped, if he 's going to portray Draven then he's got to slim down to match Draven's physique

I've read something about that in passing, didn't know they are going for it.

I've never read the comics, and the Brandon Lee movie is more than decent at what it sets out to do IMO (it shows its age, tho).

I'm not sure how close to the source material the Brandon Lee movie was, but depending on who's directing it and how close it follows the comics, it may or may not turn out better than expected.

So I have to look away for half the movie ?

It's being directed by Corin Hardy

It's been in development hell for years

Spielberg said the blockbuster scene is gonna blow up sooner or later a few years ago, I see nothing that isn't indicating that his predicted trend is off course. And the shit economy hasn't helped things out in addition.

Hell I haven't been to a theater in years, and last few times I went they were getting emptier and emptier. Nothing like the pack-in I remember from the 90s, or even the still-decent take from the late 2000s.

recurring theme with all these underperforming pikles of shit is REMAKE/REBOOT/SEQUEL

have some fucking original ideas

but original ideas dont have statistics to ensure investors that they will get ROI

The whole netflix is good meme hasn't been true for years now. Its of use to people who aren't internet savy enough to stream their stuff elsewhere and not get viruses, and or torrent. I'm watching streams, a good portion of the time I'm posting on imageboards. Like right now? I've got kiss anime up and I'm watching planetes. The funny thing about me? I go to at least a movie a month, I'm the sucker that holywood wants.

I just like seeing movies on the big screen it feels great

Shit movie that sold on name alone. They marketed it the same way they did Suicide Squad with the Joker. They fooled people into thinking Max was anything more than a prop in it.

You might need to give "The Road Warrior" a rewatch. Max doesn't do much of anything, he just roams around the wasteland and he (just like the viewer) is caught in the middle of something, and only intervenes just so that he could GTFO of there and go on his merry way.

Yeah, no shit, that was always the shtick with him.

Difference with Fury Road is that Furiosa is the main character, Max is merely there so they can have him in the title.

It's just a godawful movie made by a cuck, but at least the stunts and cinematography look nice, I'll give him that.

what are you comparing this to?
It may not be a "classic" and never will be, but compared to most of the shit made this day i thought it was pretty good and fun. definitely didn't regret watching it

Fair criticism, I guess. Wouldn't call him a cuck though, after all, he basically showed that a stronk womyn community (or any sort of tribalistic attitude) is not meant to last. Everything dies, even the silly idealism that pushed Furiosa to go to "the place of many mothers" (basically Vaginaville) with Immortan's wives.

Instead, she ran into a couple of old hags in the middle of nowhere who told her that Vaginaville is kill.

I'm not sure why this idea went right over many people's heads when they watched the movie, for me it's cut and dry.

Compared to the movies that were out at the time of release (Avengers: AoU for instance), it made Avengers look like a saturday morning cartoon with actors.

If anything, Mad Max and John Wick were the final push I needed to finally stop watching capeshit movies. even though I watched Deadpool and enjoyed it

Ruined the series and only "mopped the floor" with that year's action movies because those movies sucked.

I guarantee you that it wasn't intentional. Leftists like him are incapable of self reflection, let alone understanding what moral his story ended up giving.

Look at these comic book pages, these are actually meant to strawman, yet they end up sounding perfectly logical and grounded in reality. Leftists are that far gone.

And then the movie ends with them opening both the literal (water) floodgates, and the metaphorical ones, lowering the ramps and opening the gates, and this isn't followed by an ominous music cue, or a shot of a band of raping cannibals coming their way, but as a good thing, a good ending to the rule of the patriarchal white man.

I think people that think this movie isn't feminist propaganda have trouble understanding just how far into insanity leftists have descended over the year.

That honor goes to Thunderdome.
Furiosa Road wasn't good, but it wasn't as atrocious as that piece of shit.

wew

Thunderdome might have been a piece of shit, but at least it wasn't a piece of shit with a generous coating of political agenda smeared on top.

Of course it was feminist. It didn't validate my pathetic fantasies or inflate my sense of masculine self worth.

I
Considering the stronk black woman it seemed to have an agenda to me.