Who else watched Chaika? BONES fucked up the second season, like they always do, but other than BONES, it was fun

Who else watched Chaika? BONES fucked up the second season, like they always do, but other than BONES, it was fun.

Goes on >>>/a/

BIG GUY
FRONT PAGE
ON

Which Chaika do you think has the smelliest farts?

I was expecting Chaika to be very popular, but it had lame sales in Japan and the second season seemed like it had its episodes cut by two. No idea what went wrong.

It wasn't very good. It had a cute main character but nothing much else.

I don't care for the art style.

BONES
Search for it in your heart user, it's always BONES

It had several good characters, and the story and production values were at the very least good enough. I figured the Chaikas alone would become popular and at least ensure good merchandising prospects. But I think only one figure was made.

We will have to agree to disagree. It was nothing special to me and the market seemed to share that opinion.

You tried

You brought up the sales user.

Nope, I'm not the user you were talking to.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda didn't have good disc sales but there was a new figure released this month even though the show aired in early 2014. So sometimes even if a show isn't popular it might still be good for merchandising because of the characters.

Chaika, Vivi, and Zita were cuties who would usually push merch. It just didn't happen this time. What else was on that was big there at that time? Maybe it just got overshadowed.

During the same season there were Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka, Love Live's second season, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and No Game No Life.

The second season was contemporary with Unlimited Blade Works, Shirobako, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Yuuki Yuuna.

Maybe it did get overshadowed.

Predictable and rather lame story and the ending was pretty shit too, but Chaika a cute which makes up for it.

Is it Yuri?

welp, treachery from within

is this it lads? do we have to burn the fucking place down with danger close nuclear hellfire?

I mean it was always a shithole but at least sans bugeyed ayy faced jap shit, I dont know if I can deal with this

THICC

wrong it's >>>/am/

Chaika on the front page?

I for one enjoy our anime overlords. Finally Holla Forums can be whole and discuss true kino.

Chaika on the front page

Chaika on the frong page!

Chaika om the fnord pagg!

guess who's on the front page?

chaika seems really cute. Is it worth watching?

It's on the front page

I had fun watching it with /a/ but alone, the second season shat itself horridly.

Kill yourself

The standard millennial response to things that trigger them (i.e. 99% of things in existence).

Chaika was a talking meme, and the autistic brocon sister character was a joke. Tohru was the only one of the main three who could carry on a serious, intelligible conversation.

So there was no interaction, no banter or rapport, with the three main leads. It's too bad, the show could have been pretty decent otherwise.