Are pic related inherently bad or some can be saved?

Are pic related inherently bad or some can be saved?

Some can be good the matter is execution. Alot of these types of movies have their own tropes but as long as they are done well its alright.

i miss english romcoms

also, what's a chick flick?
wiki:
Chick flick is a slang term for the film genre dealing mainly with love and romance which is targeted to a female audience. It can be specifically defined as a genre in which a woman is the protagonist. Although many types of films may be directed toward the female gender, "chick flick" is typically used only in reference to films that contain emotion or themes that are relationship-based (although not necessarily romantic as films may focus on parent-child or friend relationships). Chick flicks often are released en masse around Valentine's Day. The equivalent for male audiences is the Guy-cry film. Feminists such as Gloria Steinem have objected to terms such as "chick flick" and the related term "chick lit" and a film critic has called the term "chick flick" derogatory.

of course she'd bitch about it. any english romcoms you'd recommend user?

I'm morbidly curious now

I thought Her was a step in the right direction

Doesn't even have to be a manly movie or "guycry" for me to cry about, I cry when I watch anything even remotely sad. Even movies that aren't even really sad at all, that maybe have one or two somewhat sad parts, I'll tear up at the very least

It feels good to break down and cry every once in awhile.

I completely lost it when I watched The Notebook. I'd never cried like that in my entire life, not even after severe beatings from my father when I was a child.

I'd say yes. Chick flicks are 95% cliché paint-by-numbers shit that rarely deviate from the same structure. While fantasy hero stories do the same, for example, the hero will typically face different foes in different settings with different societies and different canon rules (i.e. things will be unique to a degree). With chick flicks, it's almost always "girl and guy overcome their bumpy start and will stay together because it's fate" with the occasional "also they can't be together because [family/cancer/war] is keeping them apart" stirred in.

The exception seems to be stories about love and relationships that actually try to be unique. Films like Her, Eternal Sunshine, Lost in Translation, and I Love You Philip Morris where the relationship is a central, key part of the story but isn't shown as this ideal, perfect thing that is the protagonists' only want. IMO love and feelings only work as a key part if you're willing to deconstruct and explore it rather than do it incredibly shallow to pander to overly-emotional women.

Film about love or relationships ≠ Chick Flick. I'd say Her doesn't apply because it doesn't follow the rigid structure as closely as Chick Flicks do. It does have the "joyous beginning, troubled middle, resolving end" but deviates quite a lot from it at parts. That, and the film is less about a relationship and more about the male protagonist, especially as the ending letter places emphasis on the arc really being about Theodore finally accepting his marriage is over and forgiving himself over it.

i only cry if there is a dog in the movie and he dies. i can never finish haciko or me and Marley or any movie where a dog gets it

Couldn't agree more, chick flicks are the same formula over and over again "how to lose a guy in 10 days" even if they have a secret deviation "when Harry met Sally" they will always get back to be all good and all perfect

I'm not going to pretend to be a double barreled bastard here, but how does it physically make you cry? I don't get it, even if I watch a sad documentary about something that actually happened I wouldn't cry even if I wanted too or felt like I should

Mixture of empathy and being comfortable with yourself. Some people feel empathy stronger than others and are thus more prone to mimic sadness, and if you're not apprehensive about crying then you're more likely to let it overwhelm and wash over you. When you're talking stuff like The Deer Hunter or Grave of the Fireflies, the kind that's about getting to know some protagonists intimately then watching their lives collapse around them, it can be a lot easier to find yourself getting easily upset.

That said, if you watch shit like "I fell in love with a cancer patient" or "Dog protagonist that will inevitably die" you're a fucking pleb. There's "sad story designed to move you" and there's "the lowest-tier oscar bait" bullshit like that to get sentimental women and dog lovers to buy tickets.

Men arent supposed to cry

It's ok Chad. You are the alpha, now go back to be a normalfag

I can get sad on a real scene but never cry, said that if the movie have a dog in it I will tear down like a slut at her 40th Bday……probably because I'm more connected with dogs than with people
no I'm not a furry. I just grow up with lots of animal

Did John Wick fulfill your revenge fantasy against dog killers or did you just stop watching after the dog died?

hey faggot,
its a movie.. the dog doesnt really die.

god, ur worse than my mom

My life is in shambles and basically I am on the verge of breaking down almost at all times

I use film and anime as an escape/medium to release the emotions I constantly have bottled up, and the levies don't hold very well for me

he fulfilled it. And if I had his skills I would do the same shit to anyone that mistreat dogs
other animals can fuck themself

Take a look of this cocksucker cam

Don't keep them in user, you need someone to talk about them. Someone that will listen and don't judge you, remember that even if you don't believe, He will always be with you wanna talk about it brother? let the emotion rise

her was shit

Everything I do ends in catastrophic failure, I'm constantly on the verge of homelessness for the second time (first time I was homeless for over 8 months), I'm now back living with my mother for the third time, I have no ambition or drive to fix my problems (and even if I did, I definitely don't have the resources to anyway) and I don't even have any real friends. The last friend I had was my manager at work, and he quit back in April, since then I've had nobody to talk to at all.

I've wanted to die for the past 9 years of my life, I'm nearing 30 and I've only managed to live on my own for roughly a year and a half total. I feel like a complete failure, and I worry about the future of my country and my race, and the fact that my being a white male is for some reason a valid excuse to be antagonized for any or no reason whatsoever

I'm tired

Maybe you should start to get out and stop be autismo maximus pub, conventions, sport pubs whatever fancy you but at least meet random big guys where you can start sharing stuff with and have a connection to lead to friendship.

Drop the "future of country and race" no one give a shit out of chans and edgy teen clubs, and sure as hell no one give a crap of white being bad outside of Twitter and tumblr. Tone it down if you are still attached to that crap. if you really want to start enjoying things again, otherwise everything will start to crush with no survivors around you, and you will see dyed hairs or hooked nose even in bacteria

Get a fucking job instead of complaining. The "I can't find any" or "they give it to cheap immigrant" is an excuse only small guys use to not menup and face reality. Jobs are everywhere, put the bar lower if needed Pick even cleaner of toilet at McDonald's if it's the only one, somewhere to get an income and be indipendent

Make a fucking spending review, you can't always bring friends and call them in. Check where you spend your shit and cut it slightly to save up and be indipendent. Liberals want to deny it but money have power over you.

Find a hobby and reborn in it, get molded by it. The little satisfaction from that will make you enjoy life again.

Appreciate the fact you're free. Anyone like

who tells you "independence" is scrubbing toilets for minimum wage is rusing you. You're not tied down to a mortgage, the whims of some bipolar shrew or a monotanous, soul crushing job. I know it sucks sometimes but "be careful what you wish for" is just another way of saying that basically everyone's miserable regardless of their lot in life. The best you can hope for is to avoid boredom and minimize regret, far as living at home just remember you never asked to be born.

I have a job.

The only small token I have is that I'm not in debt.

what's your job

serious suggestion, help out at a fucking homeless shelter ya whiney cunt

sometimes hobos can blow your fucking mind, they will try to jib-jab some shekels out of you but youll definitiely have someone to talk to and get a different perspective

I dont fucking know you, this can backfire depending on your make up, but it can also help

Gee user, I don't know I rather stick my hand till the elbow in a clog wc rather then sleep on the sidewalk and blow niggers for meal cash

I work at a university, for the food service contractor. I do whatever it is they want me to do, whether it be catering or working one of the stores.

I don't really care about helping anybody.

The homeless shelter in my town is in a really bad part of town, I'd probably get stabbed and/or culturally enriched.

I'M GOING TO FUCKNIG EXPLODE

I bet the guys who finish life before middle-age and tasting shotgun agree. God forbid you feel something and let yourself get upset when you're alone; someone might find out and call you a faggot, so it's much better to push it all down till it all resurfaces as a mental illness.