RIP R2D2

he beep booped for the last time

Checked, seems legit. Not putting up the link to The Guardian, which was Wikipedia's one source.

Poor fella didn't even get to play Artoo much in the prequel trilogy or TFA.

Rest in peace, Mr. Baker.
Thanks for making the R2 character charming and memorable in the OT.

RIP2D2

RIP Fidgit

At least he had a more robust career than that guy did the Akbar voice who only ever be known for saying "It's a Trap!" as his legacy.

The man in a trash can. Now he's in God's trash can. Domo arigato.

He's gone on to the big sandcrawler in the sky.

Marketing gimmicks never cease to amaze me. Like what did he consult on, how to not to bang your head against the inside of the trashcan robot when you're rocking it back and forth? Yeah right.

He didn't make it charming and memorable. The designers of the robot did and whoever did the sound design for the bleep bloop noises. Kenny Baker was literally the most useless actor in the entire franchise. Baker could have died after the first movie and literally nothing would be different.

user you don't yet understand. Like this user >> 441432 pointed out, he clearly made the R2 character charming and memorable in the original trilogy. Clearly his help was needed, as was his charming and memorable presence. How do you know he wasn't an expert in avoiding headbangs? He will be sorely missed, not just because of his seasoned acting chops but because he was a charming and memorable person who taught everyone how to avoid bangs to their heads.

RIP in peace HW's estranged father.

RIP, Mr Baker.

Do we really need to waste the space burying the little midget. Seems a trash compactor and a trash bag would work just fine.

ALSO….good. Everyone associated with Cuck Wars should die.

Will earth ever have another actor of such charm and memorability?

Well, there is a chance that a very tiny "to the memory of whatshisname mcdude" would be present at the credits, provided he died very close to the movie premiere.

Manlets, when will they learn?

Did the guy really never play any actual role to be remembered by, other than sitting in a shut thrash can?

rip tiny man, i'll miss your shuffling and beep boops especially now that you've been replaced in the limelight by a soccer ball to appeal to huehuehues.

no, anthony daniels of 3po fame who has made an entire career out of playing the literal actual same fucking character for the past 40+ years is on record for hating the tiny motherfucker.

Dead ?

No excuse for laying off work

At least he could actually act.

holy shit that is hot
do you got a full one?

It's funny because she can't have kids, so she'll probably never get fucked.

fucking seriously, I need to see the full vid

Really?

it's really hard to argue otherwise.

I should have known I'd get some shit for that. gave me a good laugh, actually.

It seemed like the right thing to say at the time.
No one else was replying to this thread, so I felt like the least I could do was pay my respects to the guy, if no one else was going to post in the thread.

But are you sure he didn't make the character his own? I know Anthony Daniels did, and Lucas decided to go with Daniels idea of the character, rather than his own idea of C-3P0 talking like a used car salesman.

I'm not saying I know, and right now I can't be bothered to check, so I'll just say:
Kenny Baker was…handy.

But it's just depressing when you say it like that.

Who the fuck cares? I bet 90% of the fans who are crying about it didn't know who he fucking was.

Not like it took any sort of acting skill. He fucking walks forward and occasionally turns. The bleeps and bloops are remote controlled anyway - which really the whole fucking thing should be. Saves you cash rather than hiring out an over expensive midget.

Anthony Daniels had lines and could do more than rotate.

With a friend, we used to refer to such people as "Tier Johnny". I have no idea where the name originated, but the meaning was "A 'celebrity' who nearly nobody ever cared about, but suddenly after they've died, suddenly there are thousands of people grieving and celebrating their work to gain facebook attention".
At least several Tier Johnnys come to existence ever year. Most of the time it's actors who played only a single well known role, or musicians who faded out of popularity two decades ago.

Second.

May be they just wanted to give old midget some money for nothing?