Who would win in a fight:

Who would win in a fight:
Teal'c of Chulak, dressed in Jaffa armor and using a staff weapon
or
Teal'c of Tau'ri, in full military gear, wielding two P90-s?

you already know the answer, but i respect your wishes to have a stargate thread.

Black on black violence isn't real, racist.

Goku would kill them both and then fuck Sailor Moon.

if it's so obvious, then what is it, huh?

jaffa armor cant protect against 5.7 rounds, as the show has demonstrated a thousand times.

bulletproof vests can't protect against staff energy blasts, as was also demonstrated.

did they ever wear plate carriers? looks like tac vests to me, but then again im only up to season 4 in my rewatching.

anyway, if jaffa gets the jump on tealc, then he may land a killing blow, but considering that tealc has the wisdom of age and the expierence of many more campagians, i find that to be an unlikely scenario. even if it did occur, the significantly higher ROF, and the much smaller frame, of the p90 gives tealc a good chance of returning the favor to jaffa.

so how much prep time does daniel jackson get?

Staff weapons are shit

Silly user.

Who cares? He'll probably just die and come back for the eighteenth fucking time.

Tau'ri obviously. God. This is such a shit thread.

I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE GUARUULD ANY LONGER. DO NOT CONTINUE THIS THREAD.

P-90s

Man I haven't watched this show in years, how does it hold up?

Holds up pretty damn good.

surprisingly great

Ori saga: Yay or fuck god no >>>/farscape/

For a storyline thought up in a hurry it's as good as it could have been. Still better that, say, the fucking space 9/11 in ENT which took a good year of planning.

Fuck off Farfag.

well I'm fucking sold
why did my perfect milf have to become this unkempt thing that she is nowadays

even Australian genetics have to shitpost

which fug?

When I said I didn't want to see the new Star Trek Discovery (all I said was "this show really doesn't look that interesting to be honest and it looks to be too human centric") I was told to fuck off and "watch conservative trash like Star Gate". Similar thing happened when I said the new Star Wars was human centric "watch the prequels oldfag". Like what the hell? Is liking aliens considered racist now? And how could Star Gate trigger these new age ass hats?

Sarah Palin obviously.

Really though Fraiser is objectively the best SG waifu.

Military is bad, BLM etc etc. Remember most of these people haven't actually watched the show so they're judging it based off the short clips they've seen of people dressed as soldiers in space.

Without a doubt.

I honestly thought SG was better than TNG and that both SG and DS9 and maybe Farscape were all equally grand and superior to most other shows that were out at the same time as them.

I forgot, where there any episodes where the Star Gate took them to an alternate version of Earth?

Not the gate itself, but there were episodes where they ended up in AUs on Earth.

The Lantean quantum mirror could take them to parallel realities.
They did travel in time using the gate, though.
There is this thing where if the path you're taking through the gate don't ask me what that means goes through a solar flare, it causes a time disruption, and the traveller ends up in the future/past.

no, but they had a mirror thing that they use to jump through dimensions for a while. they did use the stargate to time travel though.

beat me to it, off by one. how did they go forward in time again?

But why.

While stuck in 1969, they found the Stargate in secret US warehouse, or something, and, well, simply travelled through it to hit a solar flare again. That sent them to far future, where adult daughter of Frasier arranged a trip back to their time for them.
Also, I just remembered that Time Jumper existed, but don't exactly remember what was the deal with it
also, talking about off-by-onenness, I see that we're close to a 4get

TNG seems great if you watch it weekly since you only remember the great episodes/moments and the bland parts sink into the background. Watch it all in one go and suddenly a lot of filler starts to show up. This doesn't even start on S1 and S2 which are almost without exception shit.

TOS is hurt by nostalgia, it isn't as camp as you think. TNG benefits from nostalgia, it's an 80s corporation in space down to the fucking pseudo-scientific councillor, the pandering to minorities and the board meetings.

The P90 makes a lot of sense in the specific situation SG-1 often found itself in. Light, good at penetrating armour (looked at a Jaffa recently?), lots of spare ammo etc. SG-1 are a 4 man recon team so they need to be armed in a way that is versatile and does not hinder movement which is also the reason they aren't wearing plate carriers. They aren't supposed to engage in heavy combat. That's the job of the other SG teams made up of marines which you do see called in from time to time.

I still think TOS is better than TNG. The fact that isn't as camp as we remember makes it more charming.

Man, I forgot how good this shit was.

I squee like a little /k/girl every time I watch this.

Definitely. Even when it is extremely camp I prefer that to fucking bland. The lack of Wesley, Crusher and Troi are the icing on the cake.

Fuck you, you made me remember that shows are shit now. Especially Vikings.

Never gets old.

Lol'd, I love this show.

benis

If the staff weapon was a weapon of terror how come the system lords never brought out the real weapons to combat Earthlings in personnel skirmishes?

I hate how this show raped the mythos of the movie by taking all the wrong things too far.

Because the Goa'uld are parasites that don't invent technology, simply steal it. They're also rather set in their ways and only used to fighting inferior technology or other Goa'uld.

They were successful only because they was 1st to claim everything and established their order while "older" races just ignored them. They never fight with anyone like tauri who was really good at war/guerrilla warfare/dirty tactics and ruthless ways. Even Earth diplomats in Atlantis want to start negotiations just to win time for bigger nukes to arrive.

benis