100% positive reviews

rottentomatoes.com/m/blair_witch/
Wew, I know that it's still early, because there are only 7 reviews at the moment, but that's still surprising.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/07/the-woods-lionsgate-comic-con-secret-screening-the-blair-witch-project-sequel-1201791361/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

brb suicide

oh shit this is the reboot! I thought this was the original. Didn't like the original much, not sure if I'll go see this one.

Good fucking riddance.

Anyway I can't say I'm surprised that it's probably not completely awful. Its not that hard to improve on the original.

Oh God I remember this one. Good memories man.

I hope this zoe quinn wannabe gets raped and murdered.

There's a reboot of this dog?

Why? The original was a 1 star movie with ingenious marketing.

The original was good atmospheric horror on a budget made possible by an ARG. It had nothing to do with marketing. I'm sure if the studios got their hands in it during production it'd have been total shit. Just like this is going to be total shit.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

Nostalgia money.

Im gonna see it because its better than CISbusters, just as long as it never gets another sequel like Paranormal Activity

eh the concept of the movie was nice and I get what they were doing with the whole fear of the unknown thing but it just comes off as dull to me. Then again I'm not one for found footage horror movies.

It seems to be more of a "remaquel" along the lines of TFA or Evil Dead 2013. As in, a sequel where the plot doesn't change at all.

Because of so many retards that think watching a remake is the same as watching the original

Stellar logic there faggot.
People like you are the reason Saw didn't stop at 3.

How the fuck have I not heard about this until just now?

probably had bad marketing. Maybe thats why you haven't heard of it.

Name 1 reboot of a cult classic that wasn't trash.

Evil Dead reboot? Dredd?

lel

Dredd isn't a cult classic.

afaik it was supposed to be called something else and they panicked and decided this name would be better for "marketing"

yeah but Dredd is a reboot of the Judge Dredd movie from the 90's and Dredd is considered better than the previous one. Personally I thought Evil Dead reboot was meh. I was just spit balling to see which reboot is good.

It was a massive hit, it's a classic not a cult classic.

An user confirmed that it was originally called 'The Woods' or some shit, he had all the marketing with the previous title shipped to his theatre weeks before they shipped the rebranded marketing with the Blair Witch title.

And I just found this:
deadline.com/2016/07/the-woods-lionsgate-comic-con-secret-screening-the-blair-witch-project-sequel-1201791361/

I remember there being a video game based on this movie. Haven't played it but I did see a walkthrough and it was pretty interesting. Essentially in the game the woods are a crossroads for different dimensions. The people that disappeared in those woods over the centuries ended up in that dimension and the protagonist has to fight some demon thing from Native American folklore.

Scarface

I think thats more of a remake than a reboot.

The Thing

you lying sack of shit.

The 1982 "The Thing" is based off the 1951 "The Thing From Another World"

oh sorry I thought you meant the one from the 2000's my bad.

How am I a lying sack of shit?

Oh, post came in while I was typing.

ITS NOT A SEQUEL?!?

blair witch already had a sequel it wasn't good. Unless you like seeing wiccans and edgy late 90's early 2000's white kids losing their shit and getting killed off.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Original director's cut was interesting in the concept, at least, it's a shame that studio fucking destroyed it in post-production.

yeah the idea was good but execution was horrible. Also what do you guys think of the tie in video game I mentioned here.

There are several and they're all survival horror. I want to play them but doubt they will run on windows 7

What? Yeah it is, it's one of those "years after the original sequels".