Adam makes a short 5 minute video saying he didn't like Suicide Squad

Is SS really such a divisive movie?

My point isn't if you like YMS or not it's the reaction to such a short little video.

Never underestimate how autistic people can be. People bitched when a youtuber simply called Uncharted 4 boring and they also bitched when another youtuber refused to watch the new Ghostbusters.

A lot of it is probably blowback from Ballbusters. SS wasn't a 10/10 but arguably the best post-nolan capeshit and definitely the best capeshit of 2016.

Autism is one hell of a drug.

You don't understand OP, Suicide Squad MUST succeed to prove a point about why Cisbusters is so shit.

That and DCfags getting really fucking defensive probably.

I'm glad SS made more money than Ballbusters, but I won't be giving it any of mine because I don't want to support a black man who wants to "cleanse" America of people who disagree with him.

OH SHIT
I just realized that SS blew the feminist reboot out of the water. That's some symbolism there.

It's a shit movie, but DC fanboys don't want to accept it and move on.

Comic book fanboys (or any kind of fanboy, really) generally put their loyalty to whatever company they like over quality.

Let me take you back 10 years, to the summer of 2006. Within the span of a couple weeks, both X-Men 3 and Superman Returns came out. Both movies were pretty bad, but that didn't stop a nerd war from breaking out.

Marvel and DC fanboys each went to bat for their respective company of choice, viciously arguing and wishing ill of the competition's movie. They were going to IMDB and other sites, giving "their" movie a perfect score, and rating the other one a 1. It didn't matter that they were both shitty movies, they somehow took it personal and needed to dedicate their lives to protecting the honor of big blockbuster movies.

I always thought this was due to comic movie fans rather than comic book fans. Then again Holla Forums is pretty cynical when it comes to DC and Marvel because their comics have been shit for the past years.

This is more of a Holla Forums question, but this thread's on the/co/ side anyway. Is it worth it for me to get into comics for the first time now? I already have an appreciation for movies, video games, manga, anime, tv shows and books. Somehow I comics never caught my eye. Neither did tabtletop games really, but that's a topic for another time.

I guess if you like the super hero stuff I'd suggest trade paperbacks of certain runs. I know marvel has this for their characters called the essential stuff. Like Esssential X-men, Essential Spiderman and so on. These usually contain the classic stories that everyone loves. Currently for modern DC and Marvel it's not so great right now but there are a few diamonds in the rough. The current Daredevil run is good. Also if you don't want super hero stuff there's Hellboy and Bones. Both are consistently good. Hope that helps.

>>>/zoo/

if you're retarded enough to watch chinese children cartoon shows, stick to it.

Are people saying that? What does Suicide Squad have to do with Ghostbusters?

The MSM is pushing the fuck out of this movie so tryhard normalfags are pushing that narrative hard.

That seems accurate.

The movie is decent in comparison to most, so the idea that there's nothing good about it is idiotic.

The movie should have been better, but it's being a bit shitty to suggest there's nothing positive about it.

In comparison to what? Compared to Fant4stic? Well good fucking Job. Compared to Avengers? Not really.
Is this just another thinly veiled "just lower your expectations goy"-post?

I'd say it's about equal to Avengers 2. Also mess of a story, same shit with useless characters on the team, forsed romantic subplot, feel-good ending about friendship, shit fights. It's a passable summer movie, the shit you watch with friends when there is nothing good going on. It is definitely not an abomination and not a 3 out of 10.

>>>/ovens/

who cares?

I think this is another case of people unfamiliar with Adam and his ratings.

In his eyes a 10/10 is a perfect, utterly flawless movie. I don't think he ever gave that rating.
A 5/10 is a mediocre movie, not really good.
Anything below is exactly that : below average, pretty bad.
And SS is pretty bad in execution.
Saying it's just a trashy little movie you had fun with doesn't invalidate that argument. It can be fun for you but it's still a bad movie.

I guess people are to used to the "9/10:It's shit" IGN-reviews.

Not a day goes by where I don't wish IGN and its userbase would disappear off the face of the Earth.

Did it have a forced in and random character from out of nowhere near the end like Avengers?

Nah, all characters are introduced in the first half of the movie.

DCfags are pretty fucking desperate these days.

People discussing it.

Don't bulshit me
Adam's ratings are always 7/10 for amazing,good and bad movies
He rarely gives anything but seven to any movie at all

This shit right here is why I don't think we'll see an end to the stream of capeshit anytime soon.
Fucking fanboys and normalfags have to waste their money on garbage and then cry and argue about it. It's in their very nature.

This is beyond capeshit.

It was probably shit, we'll all find out when theres a decent rip, now stop fucking talking about it

There are some diamonds in the shit that is current comics. You can also get into older runs that are pretty good.

I remember there being a Holla Forums must read list for the big two or for any title, but I don't know where it went.

I don't see "capeshit only" on there.

hes a furry so who cares?

I don't see none capeshit only