Zombie movies

Is this tired old trope truly and finally dead ?

Fortunately yes.

Even TWD isn't about zombies anymore, and barely anyone still watches it.

TWD ended after the premier episode in 2010.

What are you talking about?

The cornetto trilogy is like england's "dude weed lmao", is still better tough.
SotD 7/10
HF 8.5/10
TWE 6.8/10

found the redditor

Nigger are you retarded? It was always a soap opera.
That's what you get when your zombies are slow and easily disposed of, being no real threat to anyone unless the writers felt like hamfisting 'emotional depth' that week by setting up a dumb situation in which they kill off the soap character.

I mean, fuck, the last episode I happened to watch because I took a nap had literal self-insert fanbase characters. The tumblrite that thought she wouldn't be able to waddle fast enough across the street versus the slow as fuck zombies. Hilarious.
TWD is a soap opera with the looming 'danger' of zombies that require two seconds of contact with a knife at most to dispose of.
Anyone who thinks it was actaully representative of horror at any time was just deluding themselves because everyone else watched it.

and there still was no good zombie movie.

28 comes close but..

Its a bigger problem in vidya I'd say.

28 Days and Dawn of the Dead remake wasn't bad. But then again these two basically restarted the Zombie trend in the first place.

didn't it basically die with The Last Of Us?

No, with tat only the serious zombie games died, there's only unapologetic cancer left.

The zombies have never been the point of zombie fiction.

That's right, it's either survival story of overwhelming odds, the chronicling of the timeline of infection of whole populations, the story of crippling loneliness in a post-apocalyptic world, or several others with a bit of the above sprinkled in. With or without fast zombies.
The zombies are the looming, ever-present danger catalyst. That's why fast zombies are much better at invoking horror, compared to slow zombies that can (especially in TWD's case) be taken out of the picture with what could be, in practical terms, hitting them in the head for a few seconds.

Guess what TWD is? A soap opera with zombies as a catalyst. No horror director will touch AMC's bullshit because it's just a soap opera, has been since the beginning. They're just serials that examine the lives of characters. By definition, a soap opera.

but it offers le special snowflakes viewers the feeling of being superior and watching something edgy when in reality they're just watching the same shit as their dumb latina neighbor.

Zombie games will never die, since programming zombie AI is pardon the pun braindead.

I think so, but let's not jinx it.

SotD 7.5/10
HF 8.5/10
TWE 6/10

I liked 28 Days Later, but they fucked it with the sequel.

I sort of hope zombie movies stick around, but aren't made out to be complete ass like WWZ.

Never liked zombies they were the most boring movie monsters of all. Only Zombie movie I liked was the original Dawn of the Dead thats about it.

For a Zombie-specific thread it seems to have an awful lot of newfags to the genre.

Doubt you've ever seen any movie made outside of the 2000's.

Voodoo-zombies are the best btw. Unfortunately completely gone, because a bunch of autists wanted a action-movie genre of zombies instead horror. 28 days later is an action-movie, that Dawn of the dead-remake is an action movie, The Walking Dead is a drama/action-series.

There's no horror or suspense in them, because they reveal the unknown and kill the suspension completely.

okay I like day of the dead mainly for the gory ending where the military guys get ripped apart but other than that I'm not a big zombie guy.

TL;DR – They've been flogging a dead horse for years.

It's at a point where zombie media just really needs to fuck off.

At least in TLOU you get a good movie kinda. It's better than most movies made anyways.

Gameplay wise? It's shit but zombies or whatever they are in that universe are considered pretty deadly even if it's only like 5 of the iirc. TLOU in concept is a pretty good zombie set up it has a balance between Human enemies and Monster enemies. Like Uncharted, TLOU is better off as a movie because if we are judging these games as games they are completely shit but story wise, voice acting, and story telling etc all that shit you don't need in a game but in a movie it does pretty well.

You shut your fucking mouth. One man, Pegg, is writing/directing/acting his ass off, weaving a world, leaving easter eggs and respects his craft.

Rogan is a fat cucked jew who is one trick monkey. Shit actor and writer, can't say anything about his directing since, like a typical jew, has someone else do the work and takes the credit.

The best Rogan did was, "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle", because it's a "Dude, lmao weed" movie without that fat fuck.

You skipped "iZombie" a decent though slightly hipster-y comic with a fair amount of supernatural world building and concept, which is then turned into an extremely generic police procedure show where the main character gets a wacky new quirk every week and the zombies are all caused by mixing an energy drink and super-meth.

There are no zombies in TLOU. The enemies are parasitic fungi that take over large tracts of land and anyone on that land.

if it's a violent, mostly mindless horde, it counts as a zombie.

I zombie had its momments imo. It's okay I guess.

I couldn't get into it for some reason, it wasn't bad, but I just couldn't bring myself to give a shit, but I guess it was okay.

I actually had no idea it was a thing, I've managed to totally miss it. Going from your overview and a skim of a few pages, it's World War Z all over again: a recognizable name used to sell a barely relevant, generic "X meets Zombies" thing for quick profit.

They're zombies by any other name. Arguing that they're not is a carbon copy of the mid-2000s "are rage/fast zombies really zombies?" circlejerk.

The only reason anyone praised TLOU is because of lesbians.

That's a funny way to spell cunny

>Steal title and premise from I, Zombie comic series
>rip-off a huge aspect of the Chew comic series
The CW is one of many reasons why we can't have nice things.

Zombie games did it better from the beginning.
Dead Island/Dying Light > all zombie movies

Kill yourself Holla Forums.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is pretty much the only good zombie movie out there.

Did poor user make you stutter?

Dead Island and Dying Light are steaming piles of feces, and Dying Light is going to follow suit in turning cashcow; saying they're better than either other zombie games or zombie kino is fucking laughable. It's more open world shit chosen because you can stack hours onto playtime: stick objectives miles away, pile tons of minimum-effort enemies and obstacles in the way, add a few monsters with different attacks (cause you've got to copy Valve), and give plebs some gimmicky shit like parkour and a grinding/crafting system to work with, and they'll piss away hours like a retard in a Skinner box. All of this, of course, is before mentioning that they're the same dull zombies carbon copied from other shit, and that the plot is built around zero substance and flat characters.

Last Of Us was admittedly award bait and like 85/15 for story/gameplay. But at least they did something imaginative with their zombies and plot and characters. At least it's not the same old schlock curled out for the Battlefield/COD pleb types wanting effectively the same old shit annually just to distract them for thirty hours. At least it isn't duplicated, bland, same-y shit being churned out for a few more shekels out of a long-dead fad.

TL;DR – You're a fucking idiot, your tastes are pleb, and Last Of Us was the last half-decent zombie entry in this cancer fad (and even that was fucking pushing it).