Why is Ange Lees Hulk generally ignored and swept under the rug as if its some big embarassment?

Why is Ange Lees Hulk generally ignored and swept under the rug as if its some big embarassment?

It's fucking silly but so is everything else surrounding Hulk. At least it has some interesting cinematics that are more inspired than the standard flat angle mastershots and shakycam we see in every other capeshit movie.

It's hard to give a shit about what is going on when everything on screen is just a bunch of computer animated bullshit. Towards the end they kept the guy in Hulk mode for so long that it became impossible to care about the character.

When they tried rebooting the character they did a little better about focusing on him while he was in human form more, but that movie also fell a bit flat.

Main issue I think is that there's no good villain in the Hulk movies. They tried just making it be the faceless government for the most part rather than something that seemed more emotionally connected to the main character as you would find in Iron Man, Captain America, Spiderman, and so on.

Because it was terrible.
-Hulk's CGI look didn't age well.
-His origin is changed to include witnessing domestic abuse against his mom, being injected with frog DNA and watching a nuclear explosion go off.
-He does battle with dogs injected with the same shit, leading to a scene where Hulk fights a giant monster poodle.
-The comic panel thing looked dumb.
-Most of the action felt pointless.
-The Absorbing Man is re-written to be Hulk's DAD.
-Their final fight is resolved in the ocean by Hulk learning to talk and developing a new power to release his rage as green energy which somehow defeats his dad, I guess?
-Movie closes with him saying "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" in Spanish.

I cringed at that scene

because it was an utter shit movie

I honestly think its superior to most of the capefaggotry out these days. Definitely enjoyed it more than boring toomuchshitonscreen Avengers.

Take that back nigger, I enjoy that kind of shit. I agree with the res though.

I think the comic panel shots looked interesting. There are a lot of interesting shots in the movie that are pleasing to the eye. Most movies of this kind are just shot so plain and boring.

If you make a dumb fun movie at last make it visually interesting like 300 or Fury Road did in my opinion.

What? The main villain was Hulk's father. That is much more "emotionally connected" then any capeshit i have ever seen. Did you even watch it?

lol they turned into puffs of green smoke.

The only thing Ang Lee did wrong was he failed to include le wacky memes. His Hulk differs in no noteworthy regard from any other Marvel product, I can say with great confidence he would've achieved economic success if only there had been quirky dialogue every five minutes.

I like the part where the hulk just flexes his muscles so hard it breaks the dogs jaw. Now that's great Kino.

Holy shit. Was it always that fucking dark? Maybe my vision is getting worse.

I don't understand the hate. Lee tried to bring a degree of emotion to a super hero story that wasn't done before. Batman Begins did very similar things with a darker and more psychological approach but I guess BB came in at just the right time, whereas Hulk was a bit too early.

The desert action is top tier and beats most other capeshit films I'd say.

I really don't like Hulk growing as he gets angrier though. It was a neat idea but didn't work.

Its a perfectly fine comic book blockbuster, better than most of the others easily.

But that's canon.

It requires some degree of thought rather than carrying you on shallow action and a cliché plot. Most people want superhero films to be of the latter variety. The CGI is really not a huge issue for me but that puts some people off also.

I remember watching this movie as a kid and I remember not being able to see shit.

Yup. Especially the fight with papa hulk. I couldn't see shit. I'm gonna watch it again though.

Found a Hulk vs Hulk dogs clip that someone brightened up.

This scene was great, I really like Ed Norton was the Hulk fuck Mark Rufflo that lefty faggot.

That's a scene from the bad no-fun-allowed Hulk movie, this is about the good Hulk movie.

wew

He's mostly fighting the army.

That was really stupid and boring.

Does Jennifer Connelly even do anything in this?

Why did that one soldier have superpowers?

The game was so fun

What did he mean by this?

Poodles can be vicious little shits , man. Don't let those queer pom-poms and ridiculous hairdo tell you otherwise, they were used for work for a reason.

He gets stronger and tougher, not taller. The comics are a bit of a blur to me as most of Hulk's run is actually pretty shit, but the only time Hulk actually grew was when his psyche changed.

Mr Fixit Hulk (Grey) is smaller but has a mean attitude, ordinary green Hulk is essentially a retard with super retard strength, then we have Hulk without Banner who grew to like twelve feet tall and was just a beast of rage and finally egocentric, macho Banner-Hulk who is essentially just Banner flexing, who was taller than usual as well.

Because it's a crappy movie. It could not decide on being a fun popcorn cape movie, or a serious drama cape, it's CGI was shit, Ang Lee doesn't understand the source material, and some of the critics were busy fellating the chink's dick thinking someone like Ang Lee will 'elevate comic book movies into serious films'. Contrarian faggots loves it though because they're contrarians, and they're faggots.

I was 17 when this came out.

X-Men came out 3 years prior. It is widely regarded as the first live action comic adaptation and the source of the fad.

X-Men 2 had recently come out. It managed to mix historical elements with fast paced narrative, characters a generation was familiar with from a Fox saturday morning cartoon and 16-bit videogames even if they weren't comic fans, it had iconic generations-spanning actors.

Raimi's Spider-Man came out one year before this. We grew up with Kirsten Dunst, Tobey McGuire was absurdly nerdy but impossible to dislike, and horror kino fans would recognize Raimi handcrafting that they knew from Evil Dead. It was the right match at the right time.

Hulk came along with X-Men and Spiderman. Looking back, you can see how the 'serious, dark' depictions you hear about from Nolan's trilogy started most of all with Wolverine and indeed Hulk. I cannot explain why I liked this movie. It felt the most literally comic-bookish of all of them up to that time, perhaps aided by the autistic azn eye of Lee. Perhaps because I was young at the time. For whatever reason I have always liked this movie and consider it to be a very good comic book movie, as somone who stopped watching them some 10 or 12 years ago.

In short, X-men to Hulk were really the only good years in Superhero flickdom. Lee's Hulk is a vastly underappreciated, competent and even good movie.

Came out 5 years too early, mainstream capeshit was only just becoming a 'thing', and the marketing machine for these sorts of films wasn't perfected until Avengers. Anglehulk is closer to 1989 Batman capeshit mentality.

Because they didn't live up to the standard of the Lou Ferrigno-movies.

It had potential with stuff like Bruce Banner's psychological problems with his abusive dad but it didn't blend well with all the other comic book stuff.

Batman came out in 1989. The Superman movies were even earlier. You're a moron.

But the Batman movies didn't convince Studios to flood cinemas with every capeshit franchise they can get their grubby fingers on. That was X-Men and Spiderman.

I remember one comic specifically where he grew fucking colossal. Something made him so mad he was about chest height to some of the smaller skyscrapers and they had called in some impotent containment unit. On took his mask off and the radiation or whatever melted his fucking face off. Cool issue.

Yeah it was 11 years after Batman from the X-Men movie.

After X-Men (2000) they have been coming out every year for literally 16 years.

Burton's Batman was cartoonish and stylized. X-Men was 'dark', took place in an unironic and uncartoonish real world. This is what set the mold for the capeshit fad we are currently saddled with, not Burton's Batman.

lou was a GOAT Hulk

Stop being a fucking pussy kid.
Christ, there must be a dog version of toxoplasmosis gondii to cause this faggotry.

Batman was on TV in the 50s. Don't tell me you millenial faggots don't know of the Adam West television show. You even had shitty memes around 2006 for it.

The abusive father who use Bruce as a Guinea Pig is canon

It's a big embarrassment.

This isn't the game based on the movie though.

His father has never been the Absorbing Man in the comics.

I liked the two movies, I just found the comic panel editing confusing and dizzing, like when you sit in an office chair and spin it over and over again. Besides that I loved everything about the Hulk movies.

he's abomination

YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANG LEE

Hulk looks like he's rapping into a mic

The movie is only good when Hulk is smashing shit. Every other scene is cancer.

And even that took too fucking long to get into.
Pretty much. Well ok vid related scene has some unintentional comedy nugget involving classic crazy Nick Noltay, though the comic panel effect are still retarded and will never not be retarded.

That was a pretty great performance before 1:37 and onward.

I saw it on the theatre, not opening day but much later on a matinee 5$ deal with a friend. And we lost it and laughed like niggers at 1:37 and the cable biting. The crazy part to me though, the teaser trailer did look interesting when it came out. Eric Bana IMO is still the best Banner to date, and the trailer hinted a movie with a more dramatic and serious believable treatment of Hulk. Even in the final cut of the movie there was traces of this, like you wrote before the 1:37 mark that scene with Bana and Nolte was alright, and if the whole movie had more of that and Hulk punching things. It would have been a far better movie.

But that could've been version of the movie doesn't exist in our universe, the one we got was the one Ang Lee shat out on screen.

i actually liked this hulk, he looks really angry compare to norton and that spic magician hulk.

Actually it did. Batman did well enough to make movies like Spawn, Captain America, The Crow and other cape shit all get produced. The difference is being a geek wasn't fashionable at the time so no one gave a fuck about comic movies and they all went straight to DVD when the first set flopped.

Check out the documentary about Superman being made by Tim Berton and staring Nick Cage as Clark Kent. It covers this shit.

I just really liked the smashing part.

Storywise it was shit.