Sadly these are the only real examples I can think of

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall
knowyourmeme.com/memes/tommy-westphalls-universe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think you forgot the godzilla movies.

I believe this belongs to you.

What about the James Bond movies?

They have M and Q, bond is based in London, and he's the best ladies man in the world.
At the moment he isn't black but that's all about to change.

I think they mean shared cinematic universes with multiple characters getting their own movies. So it'd be like M and Q getting their own movies along with James Bond movies. I haven't seen all the James Bond movies so that's all I can think for something like that.

theres that tv autism universe where quite a few NBC shows all take place inside an autistic kid's mind, including law and order.

theres freddy vs jason

Isn't there also a theory that all the Pixar movies(at least up until Cars) take place in the same universe?

Seems to me like a forced way to make Pixar like the rest of Disney

What about the Ghostbuters shared universe, where Ghostbusters and Ghostbustes 2 exist in the same universe.

Hello Paul, we're worried about you.

Aliens v Predator

Mad About You, and Friends. Law & Order and Homicide. The Muppets and Sesame Street…not so much anymore. X-Files, Millennium and the Lone Gunmen.

i think op wanted canon stuff and not fan autism over pixar's equivalent of hidden mickeys.

shared universe meaning movies/tv with stories focusing on different characters, but taking place in the same continuity. all in the family and the Jefferson focus on two different families, but characters from one show have appeared in the other, meaning they take place in the same continuity.
by your definition, literally every sequel is a shared universe.

Okay, so sort of like the Star Wars shared universe, that includes all the Star Wars movies. What a novel concept. Are the Flash Gordon serials in a shared universe with each other?

yeah, but i dont know enough about flash gordon to answer truthfully, so im going to say no. star trek would be a better example

thats a conspiracy theory.

I wonder if the "INDIANA JONES IS NOT A TRILOGY" guy will show up here.

wait is it not a trilogy because of the 4th one?
For the record not the guy you're talking about.

Funny you mention Law & Order, they did a crossover with an older crime show, I think Homicide: Life on the Streets (proto-The Wire). And a lot of those shows are connected due to Munch being in them.

Temple is a prequel.

I guess you could say Alien v Predator is a shared universe. It's a shame the way it went.

Trilogies don't have a prequel as the middle one.

They are. I remember in the credits of Toy Story 2 there were some of the Bugs Life bugs in one of the bushes.

And then they threw him, the last good part of SVU, off the show because paying to use other peoples' characters is bad we need that money to virtue signal instead

It's shit.

This is what Holla Forums has come to.

Not the straight Wars trilogy, that's too far in the opposite direction (unitary story/ consistent protag), if I understand OP's aim. Maybe if you included Caravan for Courage: An Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, and the Star Wars Holiday Special then yeah Star Wars fits.

That's right, lots of sitcoms crossed over with one another. Cheers and Frasier being an obvious example.

Simpsons has crossed over with The Critic and a bunch of other animated series, King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers, all the McFarlane garbage, some other stuff.

From there, King of the Hill, Daria, Beavis & Butthead and The Goode Family all take place in the same universe, and through Beavis & Butthead guest-appearing in other series like The Head they're connected as well.

And what you were alluding to I think, Detective Munch from Homicide was very popular, and went on to be in Law & Order and X-Files and it's spin-offs.

And as you mentioned:
Aliens
Predators
Prometheus
All the same universe.

Freddy vs Jason

Would Robocop vs Terminator count?

Because of Cartoon Network, all Hanna Barbara cartoons are stated to take place in the same universe. Flintstones and The Jetsons had many crossovers. What's more, because of their deal with DC, they're essentially in that universe as well. Scooby-Doo in particular had many crossovers with Batman. Many of them crossed over for stuff like Wacky Racers, and DC recently put out a (mostly terrible) comic line directly linking all the series (Galaxy Trio, Mightor, Johnny Quest, The Impossibles, The Herculoids, etc.) together.

I think it's funny, this points out what complete fucking idiots the people at Marvel (Warren Ellis in particular since it was his idea) truly are. They pushed for years to get the Ultimate universe made, because they believed these long, complicated histories of the characters were pushing away potential new fans. So they proposed restarting all of the stories every ten years and re-selling them again updated to reflect the writer's politics and proper diversity.

When what's made the films so successful is the exact opposite philosophy and making everything as connected and interwoven as possible.

Can't forget about The Simpsons/X-Files shared universe

Reminder that they were planning to spin off Hallie Berry's character Jinx in whatever the fuck Bond movie she was in into her own movie. Never happened for obvious reasons.

Cheers, Frasier, Wings and the Tortellis is the Cheersverse.

The animated stuff tends to be crossovers as a joke. Although thematically I would say the Critic and Simpsons are completely a shared universe.

The Judge-o-verse I would say is maybe possibly one.

The Law and Order universe is non-negotiable as long as he is a part. The X-Files crossover may be a stretch. This gets into the COPS crossover territory.

Robocop v. Terminator works in the comic universe, but that is more Holla Forums.

The Barbara-verse is always crossing over.

What is sad about Warren Ellis is that my favorite comic series by him was the Planetary. Which basically created a comic universe history for Wildstorm that brought in both DC and Marvel with pulp mixed in. It was a great world building exercise, and something not done in other comics. He basically said "fuck this" later. That was sad. World building actually gets me into comics, movies, games, comics and the like. I like being the historian. Even if a fictional one.

Damnit, you got me.

It isn't a trilogy anymore, but if we take Crystal Skull out of it, it is. The guy was arguing that the Indiana Jones movies aren't a shared universe with different adventures for different movies. It was kind of confusing and probably the most autistic argument Holla Forums has had (which should tell you something)

i keep trying to tell you niggers its deeper than just law and order and homicide.
its called the tommy westphall universe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall
knowyourmeme.com/memes/tommy-westphalls-universe

Ducktales, Tailspin, and Darkwing Duck all take place in the same universe, because they all have Launchpad.

Rugrats and the Wild Thronberrys.

Most of the Hanna-Barbara cartoons.

I think Dexter's Lab and The Power Puff Girls take place in the same universe.

Hercules and Aladdin(and I think the Little Mermaid too.)

Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dam(Belle is in the background of one scene.)

I forgot, Power Ranger and Ninja Turtles.

The Buttercreamerverse

I think McCracken said on Twitter those were just references not indicative of anything

fuck you these movies are great.

i'm surprised only one person has really mentioned star trek here.

stargate would count as well. technically power rangers too. transformers to an extent, seeing as how g1 never had any real direct sequel or spinoffs, except for beast wars/beast wars 2/beast machines, but they're planning to turn the bayformers movies into a shared universe with spinoff shows and shit.

where was it ever written that trilogies needed to be in a chronological order? i mean ffs, i tried arguing with my friend over why star wars 7 was shit because it didn't follow the standard writing of trilogies, in that the first film is always standalone and not sequel bait out the ass (not to mention it doesn't really flow well with lucas' movies and completely throws the ring theory out), but we both concluded that there were no set rules on how to write a trilogy. ffs, gilliam and carpenter have set a few of their movies into trilogies simply because of shared thematic elements.

i mean, that autistic faggot also literally sparked one of the most retarded threads ever and said that only shit like the nolan batman flicks counted as a real trilogy.

The most retarded and desperate attempt of damage control i've ever read.

not really, it tied pretty well into the whole "it's like poetry" shit. the films obviously reflect each other, 4 to 1, 2 to 5, 6 to 3. shit, you can even argue that george has only technically made one movie and basically remade it 5 more times with bits changed out.

Seinfeld and Duckman are a shared universe you faggot.

Get a load of this retard.

Are just references bro, animation is hard, so they just Ctrl C=Ctrl v some stuff from past films

Sequels and Prequels are not shared universe, nigger.
But yeah, GoatFuckers share the same universe with Casper.

well, it's true. there's no "this is how it must be or else" in regards to writing, just a general guideline. like i said, i believe that star wars has to follow that beat since it's like poetry and rhymes with each other, and not just be a shitty fan-fic with sequel bait and plotholes out the ass.

Does anyone have an archive of that thread? I'd really like to read it.

how godzilla is not anime or manga. how is it weeb shit?

Psycho and Psycho are in a shared universe.

do you mean the original version and the remake?

That's what you're supposed to try to falsely prove. GOZIRRA IS WEEBSHIT

Except there is.

Anime is Japanese cartoons and Manga is Japanese comics. Godzilla is primarily a live action film series. I know that there are some manga adaptations of Godzilla movies like the manga version of Godzilla 2000. But the point is Godzilla started out as movies and gets its primary income from those films it isn't anime or manga since its live action. Good day autist.

ok, can you find them for me?

What is Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein?
What is House of Dracula?
What is House of Frankenstein?

Troma films largely share a cinematic universe (at least, the ones they produce themselves do).

More like shitematic universe.

The first half of Home Alone has a shared universe with the second half of Home Alone.