Is Stranger Things any good?

Is Stranger Things any good?

No. I got bored after 3 episodes. I don't see how people like it. It's avg at best.

RLM is doing a review of it for some reason.

Pretty mediocre but you might enjoy it if you don't have anything else to watch.

They're probably being paid by Netflix to advertise it. Disney and Netflix just inked a high profile deal recently. They're whores.

It's a very solid average show, with very nice imagery. It's the superior Super 8.

The little girl is annoying, but the rest are fairly good actors, even Winona Ryder. The story isn't anything to write home about, but it has enough mystery and fun to keep it going and it doesn't fall for the normal pandering that shows of this nature tend to do. There's no problem with pacing either, and the main man (the cop) starts off looking like he'll fall into the "stupid unbelieving cop who doesn't find out the truth until the end" trope but quickly shows just how competent he is.

It's a solid 7/10. Just like Suicide Squad. Don't trust the internet, people tend to have polarized views of "if it's not fantastic and exactly what I wanted then it's shit" or "if it's not absolute shit and I like one thing in it enough then it's perfect and uncriticisable".

Better Silent Hill movie than actual Silent Hill movie. It's a solid series if only it didn't go overboard with "muh 80s" references.

It's a decent show that I'd say is worth a watch for anyone with an interest in this type of downplayed contemporary fantasy or whatever it's called.

However it does have some lengthy subplots that I can't imagine anyone enjoying. No idea why they're even there other than to bump up the runtime.

It's a bunch of 80s movie plotlines stitched together. Have you seen ET, the Goonies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Poltergeist, The Gate? It's a lot like a cross between those, and a bunch of other 80s movies.

If you like the decade, or movies from it, I think you'll like the series. It's actually pretty engrossing, the pacing is good and I watched the whole thing in two sittings. There are some missteps, particularly using some shitty modern directorial techniques in what's supposed to be an 80s nostalgia fest. There's the CGI, too, which isn't very good, but isn't used too much.

All in all I'd say it was a fairly solid series, nothing superbly spectacular but fun nonetheless.

The final is shit, but the rest is pretty fun.

They said that they're paid to review it in their video you retards

The problem is that it doesn't actually feel like the 80's. It says that it wants to be 80's, but the direction and dialogue all just seem like any other generic network horror show, like Sleepy Hollow or Fringe. Granted, this show was a bit more satisfying, probably because the Netflix format allowed them to work out the ending ahead of time, but the 80's vibe felt forced to me. The Cliff Martinez/Hotline Miami music didn't match the boring, grey, network-TV visuals at all.

And they stole from way more things than they admit.

It's still better than any of the many other shows that have attempted this sort of genre, And I'd even include Lost in that list. Something is missing, though.

So progressive.

Oh they mentioned it "ironically" oh hhaha how funny of them to play up their relationship with Netflixx like that so funnay and ironic. (Fuckin sellouts ):

Women pretending they're interesting. Hilarity!

Triggered
T
r
i
g
g
e
r
e
d

Yeah they could've done better on the monster design.

At least we saw enough of the monster. I was expecting 99% girl drama, 1% monster stuff like most horror series.

80s sci-fi nostalgia - the series

You're forgetting a woman, shitlord.

It's 2016. Why not a retard too?

Sounds like a plus.

You can't please these fucking people, ever.

Probably because they've been drooling over the show for weeks now. Hell they had a big hour long discussion about the show on Previously recorded last week.

Yes because they were being totally serious about that, just like when they said they were sponsored by Dan Aykroyd and his Vodka.

Does the main kid look like Piper Perri to anyone else?

no, but expect him to be a trap in 5 years. it's all planned