VHS

What do you guys think of VHS? I thought it was pretty fun, not scary, but fun nonetheless, a few funny moments, like in the first movie where the bat-girl eats their dicks

It wasn't the greatest format but at the time it was all there was and we appreciated its existence

i liked the first and the second
the third was utter shit with the exception of the alternate universe episode

First was mostly good, second had a couple of nice bits but was mostly shit.
Didn't even realize there was a third and I have no desire to watch it.

Superior anthology coming through

Also, while the above is true, I can't help but feel jilted by the VHS Series. I enjoyed the first two enough, but the third was total garbage. I still had enough faith in the director to watch Southbound, and even paid lipservice to friends so they would watch it with me, thinking it would be another horror anthology just with a Southern theme.

…that movie is the film equivolent of watching a literal asshole move bowels.

fuck forgot image

i didn't know there was a three, i watched the trailer and it looked disgusting, as in it looked fucking awful

I like VHS & ABC's o' Death equally. They're cheap, hit-or-miss fun. If you're not enjoying one particular segment, you can always look forward to the wrap-around or the next segment. Trick r' Treat is by far the best "recent" horror-anthology, IMO.

Creepshow will always be the best anthology, folks

i remember seeing a weird anthology that was in japanese(?) it was about some guys going into a comic book store and the owner said it was the end of the world, then it cut to a band who wrote a song, it had the song playing in the background of people lives when they do some important shit, like when someone stopped a rape with the song play. it was super weird, anyone know what im talking about?

the lesbian wife in the first one was cute

ABC's of Death 1and2 is horror kino.
If you like ABC's of death go check out The Theatre Bizarre.

Why was the candy short the most disturbing part?

because it reminded you of yourself

It was shit.

Trick r' Treat was fucking great.

I thought ABC's of Death was shit, and the only enjoyment I got out of it was watching it with the girl I was dating at the time and trying to figure out what the word was before it was revealed.

V/H/S IMO sucked, all three parts, except for one story in I *think* the second one. It was in Spanish and it was about a guy who had invented a gateway to alternate universes in his basement, and he swaps places with a guy in a mirror universe. That one story was pitch perfect. It was disturbing, it was ridiculous, it was really interesting. From the moment the weird shit starts happening I was completely engrossed. "But what the fuck is that? What the fuck does that mean? Why are they doing that?" I wanted everything about that other place explained, but I know that would ruin it.

I thought Tick'r'Treat was meh too, though. However, I really really liked Krampus.

that was in the third one

Why do you watch movies like this?
Just watch ISIS execution videos and stop pretending you are a tough guy for watching gore movies.

Betamax was better.

You, sir. You have taste.

I didn't like it.

it's ok

but why?

sure thing kiddo

I didn't like that segment, obviously

vhs movies aren't even that gorey
you're just a pussy

it is still fake gore you pussy

I take it you don't like The Thing either.

your point being?

VHS was kind of meh to me. Not really that great in terms of a found footage horror anthology. Then again I was never a big fan of found footage horror films.