How much less would the hobbit have sucked, if guillermo del taco had stayed with it?

how much less would the hobbit have sucked, if guillermo del taco had stayed with it?

Less bullshit cgi maybe.

MAYBE.

Because he went and made that Evangelion ripoff called Pussyfuck Rimjob.

bump

*All Mecha shows/films are Eva Clones.

Would have it been The Hobbit not LotR 0?

jes

>>>/a/

Eva is a specific show, don't be such a faggot.

o im laffin

I bet it would have felt like someone involved actually gave a shit

Eva is shit

It was the inane shitscribbles of a depressed faggot running out of a budget and time trying way too hard to be deep. There is no meaning to it. It is just pointless symbolism that doesn't actually relate to anything. It is objectively shit, and anyone that thinks otherwise deserves the rebuilds.

Del Toro would have completely butchered the source material for the sake of implementing his own vision in both story and visuals.

You think Jackson was bad? Del Toro would have been worse. Toro wasted years of pre-production and only left garbage behind when he finally pissed off.

Del Toro hasn't even been following up on that Haunted Mansion remake.

I think Del Taco must have ADHD, just look at his IMBD profile where it has like 15 upcoming projects listed and probably like 3 of them will ever actually get made.
He always seems to go hard on a project for like 3 months then just drop it in favor of another.

It wasn't even enough like LotR to call it that.

The Hobbit films didn't seem to know what they wanted to be, jumping back and forth between brief glimpses of Jackson's original Middle-Earth aesthetic and jarringly over-stylized Warhammer-esque weapons and costumes. The new orcs were made with the fakest CGI and the new dwarves were made with the fakest plastic prosthetics.

We will never know how many of these terrible design choices came from Del Taco before he left and how many Jackson earnestly fucked up.

might have been worse. Why did he leave it in the first place, was he the guy that made Azog back story? If so fuck him

I would blame Warner bros tbh

THIS.
Jackson was bad, but Del Taco would have been worse.

IMDB is shit for upcoming movies, all it takes is a rumour to be published and as far as they're concerned it's in pre-pro.

It would have sucked worse. Del taco is almost as much of a cuck as robert rodriguez and would have done something to trample over the intrinsicially european aspects of the setting. The irony is that peter jackson fucked it up and we're left wondering what if and meanwhile del taco proved he is a cuck in that same timespan.

Did he trample on European aspects of Pan's Labyrinth's setting? Did his buttbuddy Cuaron trample on British aspects of Children of Men's or HP3's setting?

fuck newfags

These terms have been here for a while though.

His next line is "fuck off reddipol".

inb4 legolas webms

But that doesn't mean all Mecha shit is an Eva ripoff.

Your digits is proof enough.

Cuaron race swapped the pregnant woman so that it was a black african in the movie and not a white British woman like in the novel.

Was this shitty or am I just mad I got gothic snorefest instead of lovecraft?

Would there have been less non-whites in the background in a white man's fantasy?

speaking of lovecraft - are there any movies that faithfully respect the mythos like eternal darkness: sanitys requiem? or are we just shit out of luck?

read more lovecraft so much of his shit is derivative of actual gothic snorefests

Certainly. Look at Pan's Labyrinth, a rather dark children's fantasy. Everything was makeup/prosthetics, except for the fairies. Pacific Rim is a summer blockbuster action movie about robots vs monsters, were you expecting men in suits to work in current year?

Definitely closer to the book, but who knows? The studios might have shoved in elf romance and bloom anyways. Taco would have handled it better regardless.

The props and sets were terrible because of time constraints.

Wew. A mighty claim to make after we got sandworms from Dune, elf-dwarf love triangle, a child used as a cross-bar in a giant crossbow, elf-king on a stag-steed, Bad Guy Orc with a metal spike for an arm, and 2 hours of gandalf wandering around a castle. All that was missing was Aragorn, although even he got a mention.

Probably.

On a related note the casting and acting of Thranduil was pretty top-tier (I didn't bother with more than 20 minutes of the third film so no idea if it stayed good). One of the things that stood out to me as rather well done in the whole shitfest.