Aliens 2

archive.is/vSo2s

Is that a pic of Sigorny Weeever endorsing Shillary Cunton at the Democrat convention?

I actually liked Alien^3, it was the first Alien movie I saw, and I think it's a great idea. The problem with 3 is they killed off well-liked characters with little pay-off to show for it. And I don't think anyone's gonna complain about Cuck Whedon's Aliens 4 being sento the trash.

Now if we could only retcon Prometheus

I thought it set the tone of the film pretty well and it had to be done both because it was supposed to be the final film and because you couldn't have made Alien 3 with them alive. People were mostly assblasted that it wasn't another goofy action film like Aliens were.

I remember watching it when I was a kid and being disappointed because there were no marines and no guns. No "game over man!". Such a let down.

Alien 3 (assembly cut) is pretty solid considering all the development hell. It had a lot of great ideas, which, even executed properly, would have been way over normalfags heads, and being kinda a clusterfuck it's really way over normalfags heads, because now you have to use your brain to glue the original vision together. It was supposed to ditch the whole SHOOT EM ELIENS BOOM BANG action shit from Aliens and return it to a claustrophobic horror of the original. Apart from obvious script problems, it had a lot of fantastic design and visual decisions (that uncensored autopsy scene is worth the price of admission alone) and overall closed the series on a strong note. I'd rather drink a bucket of bleach than to see this ignored in favor of some modern nostalgia pandering trash (prepare all your references!) with a "message you guys", that will be a first entry in a planned trilogy of a new, expanded cinematic Alien universe which will bomb midway through and never even conclude.

Seeing how even Scott, who, for fucks sake, made the original masterpiece, couldn't make a decent new entry in the series, expecting something from (((current year))) directors is fucking laughable.

You have 30 seconds to prove to me that Alien lore isn't utter shit

You're a tasteless faggot.

Done.

Watch the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 with the forethought of it being an Alien film, rather than an Aliens film. The biggest mistake you could make with Alien 3 is expecting Aliens 2. Notice it's singular, not plural. Meaning it's more in the vein of the original, as it attempts to harken back to the tone the original established. I've mentioned in a previous thread it feels like an actual conclusion to the whole Weyland-Yutani conspiracy, with their attempt to capture the Xenomorph, in order to use it is a weapon. Ripley dies with the final known Xenomorph, when she casts her self into a pit of magma, in order to end the vicious cycle of the Alien.

Prometheus could have been decent with a good script and not making it a part of the Alien series would have made it much better. It was a mishmash of a soft remake with OC tacked on and was a mess even before they started to shoot it. Exploring the alien astronaut theory for human origin and the implications of that could have made for a decent film on its own if it wasn't strapped on to the crappy Alien prequel script.

It could have worked either way really, if it wasn't written by talentless faggots such as Lindelof. It's hard to believe there are people who actually defend that script and seriously think it's too deep for u. Fucking Lindelof writing something deep is a knee slapper alright.

Well yeah. You can see that Hillary's got her arm around Sigourney

Yes, I realize that now. You're right. What do you think about the 4th?

Yea, I was pissed off with that film, thought it was going to be better. I liked the alien astronaut theory too and the self sacrifice narrative, could of been something brilliant. Guy's make up looked like it was done by a fool. Script was try hard and cringy, idris elbas accent was shit.

Nobody was replying.
Don't even post images at him.

I still haven't watched it, due to Joss Whedon being the screenwriter. Maybe I should since it's looks like absolute shit, in the most schlocky way possible, to the point where it might be entertaining.

It is absolutely shit. Seriously, there's a scene where a bullet bounces around a metal room like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. The fact Whedon wrote it is extremely obvious.

I liked Prometheus a lot. I think all it needs is a second cut to improve a few issues, but otherwise I was satisfied with it.

Prometheus literally need a complete rewrite to be anything but garbage shit. 100% new script. This one is unsalvageable.

It's mediocrity incarnate but has few good points, ruined by an uninspired second half. Better than Prometheus at least.

This. The movie is fucking stupid, beginning to end. The plot, quite literally, moves only by having the characters act like complete imbeciles and making all manner of bizarre choices no sane human in that sort of situation would do.

na, it's shit don't bother haha

Alien 3 was a pile of shite but what I really want them to retcon is Prometheus because the main character in that is the most dull lifeless cunt I've ever seen and I dont want future Alien movies to star her

They aren't going to. The Prometheus sequel is doing away with her entirely

OMG THANK YOU I CAN FINALLY BE EXCITED ABOUT A NEW ALIEN MOVIE AGAIN

Also she ruined the Sherlock Holmes sequel, just watch her in any scene in it, dull lifeless eyes staring blankly, what a piece of shit

Part 3 sucked and you know it.

It's even worse than one, since it tries to replicate the claustrophobic horror of part one but you already know what the damn thing looks like.

Technically you don't because its Dog-Alien in 3.

I still can't warp my mind around the "birthing space abomination" scene.

So, okay, she shits out a monster, somehow staples her stomach back together and can just walk off having fucking opened her abdomen, and just so waltzes into the room where the evil CEO is preparing to go on a hike.

What I don't get is why she didn't think of mentioning that there is now a space octopus loose on the ship trying to kill everyone (her included).

Honestly, this meme is bullshit. You could say the exact same thing for Alien as well with all the characters fucking up at different times. All the events in Alien happened because of bad decisions from characters like Kane and Dallas. I think though a slightly longer cut exists that would alleviate a few issues. Ridley mentioned it before, but it didn't end up on the Blu-ray release for god knows what reason. Guess we have to wait for more milking from Fox.

lel, nope.

Going off memory:

The movie was fucking stupid, and you're a fucking idiot for pretending Alien was anywhere near as bad.

Half of that shit in your list is pure autism powered nitpickery. My point is the characters in Alien act pretty fucking stupid in similar ways to your complaining about. Other wise, they would have never let Kane back on the fucking ship.

There are some pacing and slight continuity issues, but it's due to shit getting cut out and moved around during the editing process. It's not unfixable.

By all means, give examples.

the characters in Alien were space truckers so them not being particually bright isn't a deal breaker, whereas in Prometheus they were supposed to be sceintists but were especially buttfuck retarded, much more than the space truckers.
also give examples

Did you even watch the fucking movie?

How are any of those anywhere near as bad as Prometheus?

Didn't Alien die for good when that Alien vs Predator shit was made?

This list is correct. You also forgot to mention the crew in Alien consisted of a bunch of cargo handlers or something, not professional soldiers and scientists like the crew in Prometheus (which made the mistakes in Prometheus stand out even more).

Still, at least Prometheus had some good cinematography and actors, it was the script that fucked it up. Gravity was even worse.

ha, no. i'd rather watch prometheus, with its retarded plot and characters over alien resurrection any day.

I don't agree with the idea of academics having street smarts when put in strange situations. Also two of the characters were supposed to be high during the scene most people talk about, which was less apparent due to stuff being cut out.

The only good actor in Prometheus was Fassbender. Oh, and Charlize Theron was hot. But she wasn't good.

I also thought the Swedish women was decent. I completely agree on Fassbender and Theron though.

I always hear this when Prometheus comes up. Apparently the movies makes a lot more sense if you watch the cut scenes. Problem is, I shouldn't have to wait several months to get a blu-ray or whatever, in order to understand the fucking movie!

there's a fanedit that puts the ted talk and deleted scenes in to make the movie better

and it really does, btw

?

Is it going to have his usual tropes?

Yeah, it's shit.

Technically.

I can tell you haven't seen it, i believe the phrase is "viral marketing", it actually ties in very well to the movie.

I liked the viral stuff more than the actual movie honestly.

I don't understand this meme.

It's okay to be gay, user, but try not to flaunt it too much.

Found the faggot.

Colonial Marines was better.

>>>Holla Forums

Which, the shitty movie or the shitty series of games that has never ever had a good entry?

Are you retarded? That was the worst thing Alien related to ever happen.

There doesn't have to be a fanedit. There's actually a longer version Ridley referred to before and talked about releasing, even giving an exact runtime, but that changed at some point before the Blu-ray came out and Fox changed their mind.

I just watched Alien 3 for the first time after seeing this thread. Why do people not like this, but like the first two movies? Sure, you could say Aliens is a good movie, but it certainly isn't a good Alien movie. 3 felt a lot more like 1, which is a good thing since the series works better when it leans towards horror (1, 3) rather than action (2).

I've seen complaints in this thread about them killing off characters. Well why the fuck not? It's a horror movie about a nearly indestructable alien that kills any non-host human on sight. Starting the movie off with nearly all the previous characters dead due to circumstances out of their control is an excellent way to set the mood of hopelessness that the series works best with. It's supposed to be dark. In fact, after seeing Alien 3, I like Aliens a lot less as an 'Alien' movie, knowing what could have been. (As a standalone it was great, though.)

I will say there are a few quirks that stuck out like a sore thumb, notably the crazy prisoner who existed solely to move the plot forward in a very cliche way.

Do people dislike the movie solely on the basis that they expect Aliens 2 instead of an actual Alien sequel? I feel like I'm missing something big, considering what I just watched was a perfectly fine Alien movie.

>>>Holla Forums

And it's better than Ayylmao 3, Insurrection, and Prometheous. Think about the implications instead of just throwing a knee-jerk reaction.
>>>/reddit/

Alien 3 was pure trash!

Aliens got us emotionally invested in Hicks and Newt. Them and Ripley became a family in it and then when Alien 3 comes along the filmmakers just give us the fucking finger and kill them off.

The plot of Alien 3 is just a tired retread of the first movie's plot.

All the characters, with exception of the nigger, are the same interchangeable bald British fag.

The only good thing about it were the effects and set design.

Alien 3 has always and will always be shit sandwich! Even David Lynch the director acknowledges this.

>>>/tumblr/

They're not the same at all other than in general setup and mood, the story and characters are completely different.

It's just one or two Cameron fanboys that are mad because Alien 3 wasn't a lighthearted action movie with a feelgood ending.

it was actually just another slasher movie set in space. with a magical nigger because jewywood lol.

I bet Giger drew that

Anyway, yes, it was another big budget science fiction monster film. Did you expect a romantic comedy or something?

You were, uh, expecting, uh, The Addams Family?

I was actually expecting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

i'm aware, but we'll never see that version since people called him out on the stupidity of the theatrical cut and he got butthurt over it.

Actually it was Mark "Gideon Hoss" Parsons.

You're just in denial.

this newfag is mad as fuck

I know you trollin' but god damned there are people who actually did this.

Alien is the only good one.

No trollin'. Just stating facts.

Xenomorph detected