Movies where you wish things were different

Not cause what the movie was bad or anything, just that you wish things happened a different way.'

Pic related. The first part always makes me kinda sad on rewatches cause you realize the narrator never actually had a friend.

Was he autistic or just a cuck?

Autistic as fuck. He beat himself up because he was too much of a beta to stand up to his boss.

There's literally no reason why he would want to stop the bombings

blowing up the credit card buildings was going to cause a massive breakdown of society. The Narrator didn't want that because it was just going too far. Some people are more interested in either reforming society from within or just dropping out of it and retreating to their own little niche. People like Tyler however try to force their own vision of what's right on everyone else, no matter chaos results.

But narrator agreed with him on everything until that point

In the book he wanted to rule or some goofy shit so it would make sense for him to want to stop Tyler but I think they just kept the climax without adjusting anything else.

Fincher and the screenwriter did make Tyler more sympathetic and less of a psychopath in the movie. It's probably one of the main reasons why the movie attracted so teenagers who didn't quite get the idea that Tyler was supposed to be the bad guy.

Tyler actually mentions in the car scene "hitting bottom isn't just a weekend retreat." This is the big difference between the narrator and the Tyler. For Tyler, this is a whole revolution and he doesn't care if he causes the complete and utter collapse of society as long as he gets what he wants. For the Narrator, Fight Club and doing some vandalism here and there was more of just a release, when it became Project Mayhem and when Bob died and when Marla was threatened, he realized that maybe this wasn't a good idea.

I don't think a lot of people realize too that ultimately the movie is not saying Fight Club was a good thing

I wish there was a massacre at the children's hospital, or at least some sort of payoff to the scenes where the nurse is talking to the kids.

Hide and Seek

After it turns out who the girl's imaginary friend is, all the intenisity and creepiness goes away. I wish somehow that the movie would end there, despite I know it's impossible

Stop calling him Narrator, his name is Jack.

What was his fucking problem?

It's only plebcore because every fag likes the aesthetics, no one understands the message, and thats because the movie does a poor job of coherently getting it across unlike the book.

(source)

Pic related because the good guys didn't win.

read the screenplay.

I thought it's message was pretty clear, but I think a lot of young people and plebs didn't understand that both the main characters represent two different extremes you should avoid.

I bet that was a request from pitt and his agent

Pretty boys don't like being the villain, even if they really are one

pick one faggot, if i wanted to read i'd read the book. narrator isn't named in the book either.

What an interesting image; it's 100% fallacy.
Dont get me wrong, Avatar sucks on every level, and that guy is a bad cartoonish villain.

His name is Sebastion you autistic fucks, read the Comic Book, it's an interesting continuation to the Book which is also written by the same Author.

Is still cucking if you fug you GF when you have multiple personality?

Law Abiding Citizen

The ending win for Jamie Foxx, the guy is a crooked lawyer who makes deals with murderers so it doesn't hurt his conviction rate, with no thought to the victim. Him winning felt incredibly forced.

it also made no sense, since butler was still technically the good guy. he never went bad, he realized the corruption in the city and sought to take it down by whatever means necessary.

Isn't Tyler secretly the leader of ISIS in Fight Club 2

Yep, he's basically destroying the world when Sebastian was getting his psychotherapy in check, fast forward, we discover Tyler is a pseudo-voodoo shit infection in Sebastian's family and he ruined everyone's lives, even the fucked up doctor who's secretly helping him thought about the fucked up idea of being used as a "vessel" for tyler, but it only happens with Sebastian and his son, and he kills himself. But seriously, this sequel is fucked up, the final issue is literally a bunch of fans of Fight Club gathering around Chuck (The Author) and then travelling to some obscure island and then being killed, it's very cartoon-ish, but also interesting.

Which Fallacy?

but read the book, the ending is better than in the movie.

That sounds really shit.

Honestly, I always liked the idea that Tyler Durden was Sebastian's real name and he had just spent so much time assuming other personalities going from therapy group to therapy group that he literally forgot who he was. Sure, the Tyler he sees is obviously just a projection, but the story at least of the movie is more interesting if you imagine that the name plate at his work actually does read "Tyler Durden"

Tom Cruise played bad guys at the height of his career with Interview with a Vampire and in Collateral.

No reason for Brad Pitt to not do the same.

it didn't go very high, then. i saw a trailer for jack reacher 2 and it looked more like a mission impossible movie.

His name is Robert Paulson

I always assumed that's how it worked.

Even though I normally hate Matt Damon, I actually liked him in this.
It would've been nice if he had lived and it was revealed the little girl was his daughter.
Also not even space can keep minorities away from you.

I kind of wish Fight Club wasn't a meme movie.

Youngsters these days know it as either
or

To me, it was more about disenfranchisement.
Also the power of cults of personality.
And besides anything it's just a great movie.
Tyler Durden is boss, that's why he has so many followers