Why did this show not age well?

Why did this show not age well?

Why did your mum not age well?

Because it's a badly scripted show full of unlikeable characters and unmotivated behavior.

SOMEBODY GET THESE HOTHEADS OUTTA HERE

This. People only 'liked' it because of the hype. It's boring as shite anytime theyre not cooking (which is 99% of the show)

Although I will add the parts that are about the Science/Engineering side are pretty damn cool. Just not worth sitting through 10 episodes of muh sister in law is shoplifting hurr durr hank got shot in the leg boredom for.

DUDE METH LMAO

Still holds up.

Great television, but overhyped.

The fifth season really drags it down. They should have just wrapped it up after he killed Gus.

Schizophrenic pacing/writing jumps between each new season (and the pilot episode).

Yeh right and have Walter win? We can't have that, have to show muh downfall and muh redemption and muh sacrifice. TV is always predictable shite, everyone is too afraid to go outside of established literary patterns.

Why do you think S5 was bad? Do you think they wrapped up all the loose ends too neatly and quickly? I thought they wrapped everything up pretty well.

Walter was able to leave something to his family, it's what he set out to do, even if he's now a monster who will haunt them forever because things went to shit. And he was able to truly live during the last year of his life. I don't see how he lost.

It's a "what happens next" soap opera type show and when you know what happens next it ain't very interesting.

lmao

`to be fair it is a soap opera, all of the time is spent on their shitty family relationships even though its boring as watching paint dry and people are just waiting for the next action/meth part

First few seasons are good. They should have made him slowly build his drug empire in suburbs, complete with dealers and foot soldiers, overtaking rival gangs, like he talked about it in one episode. Instead he just spends too much time working for that Latino guy with very little progress, and in the beginning of season 5 he is roughly at the same point as he was in first few seasons.

Every time. This isn't an argument for youtubers, but against virgins.

because they started writing for the fans somewhere around season 3
the first season was actually really promising

This is why you sit at home and shitpost all day.

If they hadn't continued at least we could have imagined a better conclusion than what we got, BITCH

it wasn't good to begin with

Wow, you're 2kewl4skewl

Too fucking nihilistic, and the characters skirt far too close to real people, thus you end with a downer show filled with unlikeable people doing shit things to each other.

If I wanted a reel of reality highlights I'd just get off my couch once in a while.

It was always shit tbh. I feel like I was hoping for it to get to real Sopranos tier insight into the American condition but it never did.

1. It's all about money
2. Crime is only bad if they catch you

What show is more American than BB?

Because it's the typical overdone 'golden age' program that relied on muh epic speeches and filler. If you're watching it week by week this doesn't matter but watch it all in one go and you've just got blandness followed by one tiny movement of the plot. You end up only remembering the good bits and not the boring shit.

Basically the same reason people think TNG is the best Trek series.

ITT: Contrarians

Really sharpening that hipster edge in this thread aren't we?

Funny, I think that's why I really don't like it. My friends hyped the fuck out of it at the time it was airing, I began to watch recently, I'm in the start of the fourth season….and my god, I have to do a herculean effort just to press the start button and force myself to watch each episode from beginning to end. With stuff like Daredevil, i had to stop myself from watching it all in one day. urgh, wish I either watched it when it was airing so I wouldn't "notice" the bad and only focus in the good or to didn't started watching at all. if anyone is thinking of watching, DON'T. It's one of those series that is golden if you watch one episode by week, but painful to try to watch more than that.

GoT has a similar problem. These shows rely on the discussion about that one 'epic' speech, twist or death because they're really soap-opera tier plots which can't stand on their own if you aren't in there being drip-fed it bit by bit. Anyone coming in cold will see it for the silly shit it really is.

Also it feels too much like watching a TV drama trying not to be a TV drama at times. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly but when you go from pure filler to someone overacting some dramatic moment or a perfectly plotted event it just takes me out of the experience entirely. Babylon 5 had this same problem for me.

imageboards + millennials = a cancerous concoction

Even if this were true it wouldn't mean Breaking Bad was actually good simply better than the rest of the shit out there. Least shit =/= great.

I watched it from the time you had to download .avi standard definition TV rips onto the time that I was watching it in 1080 live every Sunday on the big LCD with a surround system.

I stand by my prior comment

pretty accurate assessment imo

This is why I stopped watching GoT after the 2nd season. If I could go back I would stop watching BB, tbh. Wouldn't recommend watching it all the way. Read some classic novels or something, you'll get much more out of that amount of time spent.

I made it to the 4th season but after 2 it was only because watching it with Holla Forums was fucking brilliant. Sadly it was also the high-point of my week.

LMAO, fuck off grandpa

Reading is for fags.

on a related note I recently stopped watching Stranger Things after the 2nd episode. Not going to complete it.

Also didn't watch that netflix crime mystery series.

Wish more people would stop sleepwalking through these fads. It'll force them to make legitimately good stuff

The Man in the High Castle had the same flaw. It's a shame too because the surprisingly compelling Nazi character (and I don't say this as a Holla Forumsack, he was well written and acted) could have been interesting.

lol
I also stopped watching that series after episode 2
the netflix bubble is going to burst any month now tbqh

I stopped paying for their shit a while back once they started cracking down on VPNs and put cash into shit-tier original programs. I understand part of that was big networks and studios guarding their dying business models by refusing to renew deals or asking for unreasonable prices but fuck it, back to pirating. Gaben might have sold out long ago but he was right about one thing: piracy is a service problem. If you make it inconvenient for me to pay for your content I'll just take it for free. Netflix actually used to be mildly more convenient than torrenting…

At least Bryan Cranston is on the right side of history.

He was on the right side of hollywood. That's all that counts in his line of work.

It's a very good show, but BCS improved over it in pretty much every way.

what the hell is this spic shit?

""""""""the right side of history"""""""
Progressive delusions never cease to amaze me. Like they think they're time lords or some shit.

Because it's problematic, toxic, blue-pilled jew-made garbage where a white male trying to provide for his family is cast as the "bad guy" while his cheating, baby-endangering wife gets all the sympathy. If Trump could build his wall, that mexican Fring would have to go back.

anti white, is anti Holla Forums, sage and report

Are you kidding me? Besides maybe Twin Peaks, this is easily one of the best tv-series ever made.

Just contrarians: it's overhyped, but not bad.

It's a shitty soap opera.

…like Twin Peaks

both are literally the worst shows ever made.

That reflects real life, and works well as a political message. Mexico is not sending their best.

millennial newspeak for "I just saw this recently and decided it sucked".

gen-x newspeak for "my taste is shit because I'm old and out of touch".

I watched two episodes when it was just coming out and everybody was pissing their fucking pants over it. It was uncompelling and, to be perfectly honest, boring. Never cared to keep watching.

I can see the same shit going on with Game of Thrones right now, or really I guess it's already over isn't it? Game of Thrones is already worn out.

Tell me oh great one, which is the best shows ever made then?

TL;DR – The show is far from perfect and overhyped as Hell, but it's by no means bad. Also AMC needs to stop being so fucking Jew-y and spreading shows as thinly as possible like they've done with The Walking Dead.

It's a shitty soap opera.

Maybe, but just because it deals with "regular" people (for god sake, there was one highly ranked agent, two meth-creators, drug-lords and a hitman, not really ordinary people) does not mean it was just some melodramatic shit like Glamour or something like that.

Nothing wrong with Twin Peaks. And the whole soap-opera theme of the show is there for a reason.

game of thrones.

also, american horror story.

I thought the pacing of S5 was good: it was a pain waiting for the second half, but as far as the pacing of the episodes themselves, when you consider that they tie up all the loose ends well.

😂😂😂😂😂💯tbh😂👌

The year gap really feels like they already committed to disheveled Walter with the beard, and just had to awkwardly fit it in somehow. The absurd coincidences of the plane crash in S2 is also pretty stupid.

Jane's father, while he was grieving, looked on while two planes to collide as an air traffic controller.
Whether it was intentional as an act of rage after his daughter was taken, or it was due to not being able to focus as an air traffic controller under the circumstances of grief, I'm not sure how it's a coincidence.

More the fact that he just so happened to work as an air traffic controller and just so happened to crash two planes right above walter's house, right when he's chilling by the pool no less. It's a step too far, right into blatant absurdity.

I didn't remember it being directly above. Did it really even symbolize anything? I know they brought the teddy bear back again.

It wasn't that. He's clearly not in a fit state of mind, as even a colleague comments that he shouldn't be back to work so soon. That and he's not a fucking sociopath.
Yeah it was this.
It's a coincidence that of all the bars and all the people Walter runs into, it's the one where Jane's father is and they have a talk that just so happens to influence him in the way to get her killed. Then they throw in that Jane's father just so happens to be an air traffic controller, bodies and debris end up on the White household and Walt ends up figuring out he's to blame. You're looking at a huge fucking stack of coincidences lined up just to make Walt's actions kill more people, to get dead bodies and evidence all over the house so you can build flash-forward cliffhanger stuff, and to paint him as more villainous. It would have been fine if they'd left it at causing Jane's death and came up with more imaginative teasers.

Pretty absurdly close, given the planes had an entire sky to crash in.

I guess the coincidence was to create a symbol of all the violence and suffering he has wrought?
Cheap and sudden shock value, in that case, compared to the violence and suffering surrounding his product by the end.

I remember catching the tail end of the last season hype and starting to watch it and for every single season I kept thinking "When the fuck are they going to make more meth?"

Stop grasping at straws.

Stop thinking in absolutes like a simpleton.

The teddy bear was a symbol they brought back multiple seasons after that, not sure how I'm grasping at straws, with several characters staring at it for one reason or another.

BRAVO GILLIGAN

You watched the last season then watched the previous seasons? Are you retarted?