The sky is always dark the entire movie despite many hours passing

The writing in Aliens is prett retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Acheron_(LV-426)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so? it's an alien planet, retard
where is that said exactly?

I'm going to go kill myself.

Aliens have heat vision, easier to spot prey at night when the environment is cool, also gives them an advantage because they can see and their prey cant

Not that difficult laddy

So the little girl says that they mostly come out at night on a planet that is dark the entire time it is on screen, but that isn't stupid to you? 1: The girl shouldn't know the difference and 2: The xenomorphs have no eyes.

Xenomorphs do not see light.

You're really stretching there fanboy. In what way does it make sense for the little girl to just say "they mostly come out at night" if night is some small time frame she has no way of determining? Why was day dark too then? What's next for you? You going to claim it wasn't day even though that would destroy the logic of the writing even more?

You have no excuse. The line makes no damn sense.

You just can't admit to the poor writing, can you?

Poor writing? It's a common trait in nature for predators to come out at night. You also haven't proven that there is no day-night cycle on the planet, in fact since the inhabitant of the planet says there is one then obviously there is one. You're grasping at straws smeghead

It's also a common trait for them to have acid blood and mouths within mouths too, right? Fuck off with shit arguments like that.

The planet is always dark, so there is no fucking day-night cycle. The girl saying that they mostly come out at night and that it will be night soon when it is pitch black around her makes no sense. For that matter the xenomorphs do not see light and shouldn't have any bearing on whether it is night or day. It would be like a deaf person knowing when a noise is loud or quiet. They can't fucking hear any noise, so it makes no difference to them.

Poor writing being defended once again by fanboys.

Its a silicon based lifeform, its physiological processes obviously wouldnt be the same as a carbon based lifeform, having blood with high acidity isn't even that far fetched.

The xenomorphs can detect heat ergo it can detect when the Sun is out. Also when the girl said it is night soon wasn't she indoors/underground?

As for the mouth within mouth thing, blame H R Geiger, it wasn't the writer who came up with that. Again though having an appendage within your mouth isn't farfetched either - you have a tongue don't you?

You just have a small imagination my friend. These aren't plotholes.

Moray eels have an extra pair of jaws you know.

he is just nitpicking to be an edgy contrarian faggot
and failing miserably at that

There is a neat invention that can tell you what part of a day it is without looking at the sky. It's called clock. You truly are an idiot.

no wonder you have no friends or sex life

Debate is fine it's what we're all here for.

It's kind of sad when someone yells about things being 'impossible' when they don't even have fundamental knowledge of Biology or even common logic though….

in b4 Alien kaiju in Prometheus 2.

Fuck you those Kenner toys were the best.

they were, and I kind of want these "remake" versions. but the mantis and scorpion Aliens made the least sense in terms of "how does the host get facehugged?"

then again, with Prometheus Goo, anything is possible.

You know it's not set on Earth? Night time can last as long as they want it to.

Oh, fuck yes! Gorilla alien!

And now I remember what was originally planned as Fifields transformation.

I'm getting a boner.

Xenomorphs don't have vision, they sense electrical impulses of their prey in a way similar to sharks.

You faggots should try reading and understanding the points being made next time before you respond. The point isn't how possible xenomorph biology is, they weren't being questioned at all. The point isn't what night is like on an alien planet vs earth.

You haven't made this example of shit writing go away by constructing such strawmen.

No you retard. People care. And Xenomorphs care when people are most vulnerable. That's at night.

I guess the people let the xenomorphs know that it is night and a good time to hunt them, huh? How could you be this fucking desperate to defend shit writing? You are practically kicking and screaming on the floor that it all makes sense despite it being such a poorly written line. Admitting that the line was poorly written won't suddenly make the rest of the movie shit, user. It's okay to be honest.

Nice straw man faggot. People are usually sleeping at night, so they are easier targets. The colonists were not expecting an attack so they had no reason to be awake. You have no argument.

I don't even like that film, you're just retarded.

k
K

How do you know it wasn't night the whole time they were there?

Because there is day. Day exists on the planet. It doesn't exist during the duration of the film. That, or it's a dumb girl's approximation of what night is on that planet. You're the one stretching this logic.

Could have also been day, could be that WAS day and that was brighter than night gets. Night being pitch black, so when they landed they could actually see shit.

Can you prove it with the film without assuming there is day because the girl mentioned night? No, no you fucking can't. It's nighttime the entire time they are there. It's 5 hours of night by the time the marines get butchered in the heat exchange. You can clearly see their operation time at over 5 hours. Roughly an hour after that is when she says that it will be night soon and that they mostly come out at night. Guess what, it doesn't get any darker after that, it stays the same level of night that it was since they first landed.

Doesn't hold up with the internal logic of the movie.

You're the faggot that cant into logic. Being a faggot is bad enough, but you are over here reveling in the fact that you are a retarded faggot.

Your point was that acid blood is unrealistic therefore bad writing. I disproved the former so you are now deflecting saying that's not the point. Very unsportsmanlike of you. You used biological implausibilities as an example of bad writing and I disproved them as implausible. I did not miss the point so just accept your defeat like a man.

In addition, you're making the same argument AGAIN!
Here you are making another biological assumption, that animals only tell the time via the presence of sunlight and can't have a circadian rhythm without it. There are plenty of other stimuli that could cause this - humidity, temperature, the electromagnetic field of the planet.

Of course now you're going to say 'muh bad writing' because they didn't outright explain this function in the movie. Well. since they built a colony on that planet that means the humans weren't aware of the Xenomorph's presence. If they weren't aware of the Xenomorph's presence then obviously they never captured one or did an autopsy on one, thus they wouldn't have the knowledge of how their biology works. So any exposition of this nature by the characters would be impossible. Would you prefer if they introduced a random character that suddenly knew everything about the aliens and explained it all outright so that your primitive intellect could figure out what was going on? To me THAT would be bad writing. You just have no imagination bub.

Also, you still haven't proven bad writing. Even if one were to grant you the fact that it is silly that it never gets light out, that is bad directing/editing not bad writing, if it says it was daytime in the script, it was daytime during that scene as far as the writer is concerned.

Stop watching TV and read more, it will improve your imagination.

Not even close. I brought up acid blood to point out how the realism argument is stupid, and acid blood is unrealistic. I wasn't saying acid for blood was bad writing, I was saying that her saying it would be night soon and that "they mostly come out at night" was retarded since it is always dark, had been dark prior to the "whill be night soon", and stayed the same level of dark later on when it was supposedly "night."

This was shit writing of her dialogue or of the script in general. It's funny watching you fanboys twist about trying every last "logical" explanation you can muster (even ridiculous strawmen like yours) and failing.

This is how convoluted and retarded your logic is. It's whatever excuse is convenient enough for you to invent instead of just admitting that the movie had a stupid line in it.

That's a mighty big if, and besides that it is bad writing. The girl's DIALOGUE is part of the writing as well. On top of this you are just playing semantics. I don't give a fuck if it was bad writing or bad directing or bad editing. I'm pointing out the flaw, but of course you being a fanboy have to deflect away from this flaw however you can by quibbling over irrelevant details.

Another strawman. I can't give you any similar advice, because there isn't anything that is going to make you less retarded than you apparently are. Let's hope for your sake it was all just a ruse.

So why did you even mention it if it wasn't to support your point that its bad writing?

No, the fact that you are assuming everything works as it does on Earth even though it is an alien planet is retarded and illogical, in fact when Sci-Fi movies make everything like Earth even though its in a different fucking galaxy is MORE retarded. However after speaking to you I get why they do it now.

Yeah no shit, but the fact that the scene is poorly lit is not in the DIALOGUE, is it?

So you are admitting that you just want to shit on the movie regardless and that you have no real point. Directing, editing, and writing are all VERY different things done by different people and affect the movie in different ways. You specifically said the movie was poorly written, now you want to extend that to poorly directed and edited too just because it fits your poorly constructed argument.

Also, I suggest you look up what a strawman argument is before you keep using that term incorrectly.

I haven't seen this level of denial since Ghostbusters came out.

I know exactly what you mean. The wet/shiny look of the aliens always turns me on.

I already told you that I can't help the retarded. Why I mentioned it should have been obvious, but you are retarded. I am sorry, there is nothing that can be done for you.

shut up cuck

shutup, cunt

why would you mention it if not to support your argument? you were just saying that it was unrealistic completely separately from your argument?

give me a break

I can't help that your reading comprehension is shit and that you are retarded, but you can help us by not posting anymore.

My reading comprehension is fine, I am just not accepting your shit excuse that you just said it was unrealistic for no reason. It was part of your argument and I demolished it.

This is why it was originally mentioned. Bringing up what predators (on earth) do has no relation to a fantastical made up alien species with acid blood and mouths within mouths. The excuse that some predators on earth hunt at night doesn't magically make xenomorphs have the understanding of night/day on an alien planet (to them as well) or erase the fact that there is no day on that planet for hours upon hours before the girl says that night is coming.

Now, I know you will continue your shitty retardation ruse (it is a ruse, right user? please tell me it is a ruse and you aren't really that retarded), but that's fine.

Here is the reason you are wrong: there is an evolutionary advantage to the predatory strategy I mentioned, yes it is on Earth, but since the alien planet was similar in that respect (it had a day/night cycle) then the same tactic would give an evolutionary advantage there too.

Now if you take Prometheus as canon then both humans and the Xenomorph have common space jockey DNA, and so their predatory behavior is likely to coincide because of that too.

We have already addressed the girl argument and the script was written as if it was daytime so its not poor writing its poor directing. Either way it has nothing to do with the biology behind the Xenomorph.

I originally mentioned acid blood and mouths within mouths to show how ridiculous it was to bring up earth predators in relation to the xenomorphs, but clearly what I should have done is said "fuck you, stop trying to divert away from the films fuckup."

I do not, and for that matter a movie coming out decades later doesn't fix the issues in the predecessor movie.

With a million retarded excuses that don't actually address it.

Tell that to yourself the autist trying to use earth predator biology to excuse the movie's fuckup.

A strategy that works for a predator on Earth would work for a predator on any Earth like planet. If you cant even accept that basic logic you should probably gas yourself. Like no, they'd come out in broad daylight where theres enhanced visibility and they suffer a disadvantage to creatures that can see just because… they're not on Earth?

You're not being rational.

They land > its night > they go underground > its day time (roughly 3 hours) > they come out > its just becoming night again (as the girl says it) > movie ends before another 3 hours pass

Day-Night cycle is 3 hours each. There, the movie isn't flawed.

Why are you shitting on Aliens for one thing when Alien 3 is 100000000000000x times worse in every respect?

You do know that there are places on Earth that are entirely dark for six months?

Yes but it doesnt matter about Earth because its not on Earth so apparently all the rules of Physics/Biology go out the window.

Correct.

Pulled from your ass, its night the entire time they are there.

Nope, these asspulls are not in the movie. You never see daylight so you can't just assume that daylight fit into a small window of time that was never onscreen. You fucking pleb you don't even know the basics of "show not tell" or in your case "show not make shit up in order to defend a shitty line of dialogue."

It's a wonder that you think this even defends the dialogue since none of this was ever addressed. How much daylight or whether there was daylight is never addressed except for when night is implied. So you have to go on these fanciful fanction tier stories about how the planet and xenomorphs work.

The line doesn't make sense within the logic of the movie. Just accept that fact. It doesn't turn the movie into shit to have a bad line in it. Just admit it man, game over.

You never see Paris either you autistic manchild, that doesn't mean the aliens universe doesn't have France.

For all we know the girl mean 'night time' as 'the time when people go to sleep on this dark planet.' The aliens WOULD have a good reason to go out when people are sleeping, and would be able to detect when people generally aren't moving.

It's not pulled from my ass, its logical deduction.

When they land its nighttime, when they meet the girl its transitioning from day to night.

Therefore when they go underground it HAS to have transitioned to day.

Just because you can't comprehend basic logic doesn't mean the movie has none.

OP, please stop, seeing someone get this BTFO on an user imageboard and still coming back for more is making me cringe.

was I the only one who liked resurrection?

But YOU are the one who wants the movie to tell you everything about the planets day-night cycle and can't accept that the sun may only be as bright as a moon or only appear for a few hours a day, just because THEY DON'T EXPLICITLY SAY SO and you have to infer it from what the Girl says.

"They mostly come out at night. Mostly."

What kind of retard thinks a passing comment, about the current movements of the aliens, are supposed to be a documentary on their species' habits? Why is Holla Forums the most cucked board on Holla Forums?

I enjoyed it.

Alien = female horror aka being stalked
Aliens = male horror aka being mauled

Alien 3 = intellectual horror aka existential crisis

Paris isn't referenced and is irrelevant to the conversation, but please do continue your silly desperate attempts to defend the shitty line.

Never shown on screen. 100% pulled from your ass. Day is never shown.

These are your defenses. Laughably sad.

WEW
E
W

What's it like to be so pathetically attached to a movie that you have to make ridiculous arguments like these to defend one throw away line?

Jesus another of these kids that can't understand basic analogy.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the only one here who thinks you are retarded.

Apparently you need to be told explicitly that the atmosphere is denser or the sun is further away thus making it dark although still somewhat visible (as it is in the movie) during the day.
If they made a character expose this fact directly like a modern day movie-for-idiots would we wouldn't even be having this conversation because then you would be satisfied, you want all of the Biology and Physics about the alien world spoonfed to you otherwise you reject it and have a pissy fit then have the gall to say shit like 'we don't need everything to be told'. Obviously you do, since you dismiss any attempt to explain it because 'no one in the movie said so', even if its based on common sense that a child could figure out.

What's it like to have the mind and disposition of a toddler? Actually scratch that, at least a toddler can use their imagination.

You do in the fourth film.

Oh, it was understood. It is still stupid and irrelevant to the point that was being made. Paris isn't referenced at all. Night/day are. Day is never shown even though it is implied that it is day and that night is coming. This is the problem you are avoiding because you are so fucking desperate to defend a retarded line of dialogue.

Uh huh, sure thing. I'm sure everyone just happens to have the same retarded arguments and to all pretend at the same time that they are retarded. You actually think your faggy style isn't easily discernible?

>Apparently you need to be told explicitly that the atmosphere is denser or the sun is further away thus making it dark although still somewhat visible (as it is in the movie) during the day.

More asspulls. Do you really think this is the point? What needed to be shown was a difference is light.

I wonder what you will pull out next from your bag of wacky desperate defenses.

*difference in light

why does it have to be shown if its already implied?

It is shown though. It just doesn't look like day on Earth, because they are not on Earth.

Yes, that's why its called analogy, you utter shitbrain.

Actually they used arguments different to mine, but I suppose since you didn't understand any of them they must all look alike.

No it didn't "need" to be shown, if daytime on that planet is not bright, why is this so hard to understand? It's not Earth, it's not Earth, it's not Earth. How many more times do you need to be told this before it seeps through the great wall of feces which has erected itself between your meninges you sub amoeba hyper-retard? Your parents should have put you down the second they found out you were this mentally handicapped.

Great thread, guys.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU AUTISTS

Read it. 2 hour day/night cycle.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Acheron_(LV-426)

Is that from one of those shitty comics?

If day is just as dark as night, why does a girl that has been hiding in a completely artificially illuminated complex for weeks talk about them coming out at night at all?

Checkmate.

What?

Because they mostly come out at night. Mostly.

Amusing thread. OP is laughably retarded.

Well look, I was right, I predicted both the thick atmosphere AND the shortened day-night cycle, without any exposition from the characters. More proof that OP is just a retard and the kind of ADHD kid that modern films are made (ruined) for.

If giant monsters that threatened your life daily came out at a predictable time I reckon you would get a knack for knowing what time it was pretty quickly.

You do know that sense of time is one of your senses? If you lived in a place that was all dark or all light, like say in the Arctic circle, you'd get a sense of whether it's day or night

Pleb.

What part of the level of light not changing did you not get? It doesn't have to look like day on earth, it just needs to be brighter than the "night" and it wasn't.

The analogy doesn't work because it isn't even remotely similar to the issue being brought up. Paris has absolutely nothing to do with the movie, it isn't mentioned or alluded to and neither is fucking France. Day/night are. Day/night are what must be handled within the movie. When it is implied they come out at night and the night looks no different from the "day" this is a problem.

Your paris analogy does not fucking work.

No they are all the same level of desperation and none of them have dealt with the issue at all. Just a bunch of sad fanfiction tier excuses.

They are fucking standing right outside when she says all that shit. It did need to be shown because it is part of the scene.

Says the guy who can't accept that a movie he likes has a bad line. What's it like being that pathetic?

This is what you faggots think is being implied. I don't hate the movie, I like it. Only autists would be unable to accept valid criticism of something they like.

NOT MENTIONED IN THE MOVIE

Wikis do not solve problems for movies and neither do the books they are based off of. The movie must handle its own internal logic itself. For that matter the xenomorphs timing their activity to two hours of "more darkness" while not being able to see light is hilariously convenient, not to mention how the fuck does that planet only have 2 hours of light as it rotates? It would have to have a 4 hour rotation, which would have serious problems for those trying to live on it.

Op you will never get these autists to admit a failing in their nostalgic "masterpiece".

except it doesn't ruin the continuity in any way

its a moon, not that you'd know that

How much difficulty do you have in normal day to day life being this stupid?

I want a good Aliens vidya. AVP series is pure shit, Colonial Marines was buggy and broken, and Gearcucks are responsible, and there has not ever been one good game for the series.

>>>/furry/

>>>/pone/

Fuck off millenial.

Seems you don't know how basic geometry and think that just because you label one ball a moon and another a planet that you can have a ridiculously unequal night/day timeframes.

No that was a poorly edited line. The "he" wasn't ment to be there and was originally part of the word "the".

More like something that is irrelevant is irrelevant and can't magically be made relevant just because in some imaginary scenario you have concocted would make it relevant. Night/day are relevant to the movie because they are brought up. Paris fucking isn't.

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT ALREADY

the movie is perfect, stop fucking shitting on kino

You autists are the ones bumping the thread. You could just accept that the movie has a bad line/continuity in it, but like true autists you can't let it go.

Is it ever established that there is no sunlight on the planet?

this fucking thread OP jesus

its tragic and hilarious when autism combines forces with being really fucking stupid, but you pull it off effortlessly

KC tier post.

ever notice how kc sperg look leetle bit like rapey slav?

krauts are basically russians with more intelligence, but also far more autism

thank god they never combined forces

No never, the OP is just assuming there isn't because he wasn't explicitly shown it or told about it in a useless exposition scene.

People like him are the reason that modern cinema is so hand-holdy about every fucking thing. It just ruins the experience and takes you right out of immersion when two characters are talking about shit that is common knowledge between them as if it was a new discovery just so they can expose it to the audience.

OP you are a literal retard. Just drink some Hydrogen Sulphate and turn YOUR blood to acid for the sake of us all.

Daily reminder that OP is a tool and Aliens did nothing wrong.

that's not what I was implying at all, I just wanted to point out that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about