Why the Nolan hate?

Alright Holla Forums, I've got to say this. I don't get why most people here hate Christopher Nolan so much. Sure, his stuff is a little overrated and he likes to act as if he's making Kubrick-tier films, but Nolan still does a really good job in his field. The Dark Knight trilogy is vastly superior to most superhero films and even the majority of Hollywood blockbusters in the last decade. You can't say to me with a straight face that something like Inception is 2deep4u when shit like Prometheus is out there, or that TDK Rises is schlock when compared to Man of Murder or The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's not highbrow kino, but it's also not Michael Bay pig slop either. For fuck's sake, Nolan doesn't get anywhere near the amount of praise most people here act like he does. You know who gets their dick sucked relentlessly despite making overrated garbage? Joss Whedon. That fedora tipper is worshiped like a god irl, while Nolan only gets passing praise. Nolan's movies have their rough patches, sometimes dialogue comes out worse than on script, and TDK Rises was weak due to Heath Ledger dying, but he still does a stellar job in spite of that. Directors can't make good trilogies while anticipating losing their top talent. That's why Empire ended the way it did and Jedi suffered tying up the loose ends, since they thought the main stars weren't going to be there for the last movie.

I just want to end it with this. In a world of Abrams, Whedon, Kurtzman and Orci, Fieg, and Snyder, is it really fair to bust Nolan's balls so hard when his worst is nothing compared to those hacks?

I don't like capeshit, but if I had to choose, captain america first avenger is still better than any dark knight flick.

They're both gay.

Don't make fun out of Michael Bay. Outside Transformers sequels, he's a quite competent action flick director with a lot of unique styles. He also has more Criterion releases than Nolan.

They're shit directors. Nolan is just mediocre. End of story.

His work really speaks to me as an insufferable normie who has the philosophical depth of a tweet by Niel DeGrasse Tyson and the taste of a rootless cosmopolitan who likes to wear scarves.

No one has ever claimed inception is 2deep4u.

Nolan is really good at taking his "vision" and not having it completely raped by studios. He's a good filmmaker that is able to bridge studios and "indie" shit.
Following is hard-noir short, and it's great.
Memento is one of the greatest films in the past two decades, easily.
TDK trilogy is the best capeshit series, which isn't saying much, but they're a great display of his talent and ability to bring his sort of "independent" feel to big blockbusters.
Interstellar was great, although not for the hard sci-fi fan, it was superb mainstream sci-fi.

I don't believe anyone hates Nolan, I think people want his films to be deeper than they strive to be. Which, really, aren't deep at all. His films are very upfront and straight forward entertainment, and work primarily in emotions, while having that sort of "independent" production feel. As in, don't have the feeling of studios shitting all over it.

Please, user, stop this.

That's kino post you made, user.

Is this thread kino?

Come on now, you weren't around when The Dark Knight and Inception came out? I've had people telling me the Dark Knight might be the best movie of all time.

Well it's not. I've yet to see a Nolan film that doesn't lack tempo and is utterly autistic in the sense that he has to have "realism" in every single detail. You don't have to explain everything, he's a hack, a mediocre filmmaker.

Fuck, Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight is so fucking overrated to the point where he has this like god-status amongst youngsters and millenials, it's bs. Hadn't he been such a loser and kill himself over taking drugs, nobody would praise this like it was a thing. The movie stinks, it's not a good movie even.

Nolan is competent but bland as shit.

there is nothing wrong with prometheus

Dear OP,

People are never satisfied.

When Tim Burton made the "original" Batman & Batman Returns, they liked it, but it was very dark and really went far from the 1966 series and most of the comic books.
Then Joel Schumacher made the 3rd and 4th installment, which were more like the Adam West series and the comic books, and guess what, people hated it. Why? Because they were not like Burton's two.

Now, Nolan made movies that were like Burton's, except even more grounded in reality, lacking anything supernatural (Catwoman's 9 lives, for example). The first 2 Nolan-Batmans were praised, while the 3rd wasn't, because by then, the viewers got tired of the darkness.

Now, they are bashing Uncle Chris in retrospect, because his movies are too dark.

See the pattern here?

I don't know how Nolan could be hated after he made this scene

I'm not a fan of his first B&W movie or Memento nor did I like Inception (which is in line with those flicks)

The Dark Knight trilogy and The Prestige are some of the best cinematic experiences I've had in my life and I've seen a lot of movies.

because he's a reddit fedora tier director who's only liked by neckbeards who think they have a superior taste when they really only watch capeshit

His editing is autistic.

What the hell is this kino meme about? What "kino" does mean?

It's ironic shitposting, I think it has to do with making fun of some youtube faggot.

kino means cinema in several languages
here it's adapted for shitposting

kino
film
movies
flicks

yes but apparently the shitposting started in response to some faggot youtuber abusing the term as if it referred to "independent cinema"

Because critics overrate his movies.

1 of 3 Batman movies were good. Interstellar was avg but really emotional. Inception looked good at 1st glance but avg looking back on it. Manly people like to think his movies are a masterpiece but in reality they are not

batman movies are capeshit trying to be serious, resulting in ridiculous garbage
interstellar is utter crap
inception is trying to be smart and intricate so all the neckbeards can brag about being able to understand such a complex movie, while it's really a just simple and yet pretentious flick

That's because the viewers merely adopted the darkness.

"its shit" "its crap" "its garbage"

Great opinions, I really value your viewpoint and thank you for bestowing your wisdom upon us

the only one i didn't motivate is interstellar
but that's because it's interstellar

>>>/reddit/

Proof that people who use that word are idiots