The First Japanese Reviews For SHIN-GOJIRA Are In: Hailed As A “Masterpiece”

skreeonk.com/2016/07/26/the-first-japanese-reviews-for-shin-gojira-are-in-hailed-as-a-masterpiece/

KAIJUKINO IS BACK

Other urls found in this thread:

scifijapan.com/articles/2016/07/22/shin-godzilla-press-release-from-funimation-films/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/japan-box-office-tohos-godzilla-916071
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That zilla is marvelously ugly.

More like masterpiss lol

Well at least we know it's a shitty film.

Whatever your option on the quality of Hideaki Anno's writing is,you have to admit that he is a incredible director, especially of action scenes.

Meh, george miller is still better.

Question is, how to get it?

If there was a new Carnosaur sequel, I want it in.

The best a kaiju movie can ever be is "a classic". You can't make a masterpiece out of such a ridiculous concept as a giant monster stomping through a city. Same with capeshit, you can't make a masterpiece out of a guy in spandex punching people in a city. It's all too silly to ever really take seriously, to the point where if you do try to take it seriously it actually only becomes more absurd than if you just went over-the-top with it.

Iron Man doesn't wear spandex.
Checkmate.

kek

King Kong is a masterpiece.

Furiosa Road Miller?

Not masterpieces, classics. You're transplanting its classic status of today onto the past. When they first came out they were thought of as well made entertainment, but not masterpieces. And they're still not masterpieces. You're not understanding there's a difference between a classic and a masterpiece:
King Kong came out in the 30's. It is a classic.
Gone With the Wind came out in the 30's. It is a masterpiece.
Godzilla came out in the 50's. It is a classic.
Seven Samurai came out in the 50's. It is a masterpiece.

More like Nux Road, but yeah, the use of frame centering of that film is pretty amazing. Mad Max 1 and 2 have the best cinematography among all exploitation flicks.

1933 King Kong is literally masterpiece though. Along with Metropolis and Birth of a Nation, it was the most revolutionary and well made visual effects and cinematography ever put on screen. The plot is simple, but beautiful and easy to follow. The performance and execution are perfect.

k

You lacking reading comprehension really isn't my problem, kiddo.

HE'S BACK BBY!

looks like a fucking meatball with teeth

So this poses a question. Well, two actually.
1. Is this actually good, or do japs have shit taste.

2. What does this mean for godzilla? Legendary is moving on with their own series, with their next one supposedly having ghirdorah in it. Is this godzilla going to start a new series as well? Are they both going to use the same monsters? Is the new series going to have new monsters?

Please stop exciting me like this, OP.

Yeah he's a ugly sum'bitch, um-hum.

Couldn't comprehend anything through all that bullshit.

I know, low IQ retards like you think that way about everything you don't understand.

There was nothing to understand. You said the movies you think are masterpieces are masterpieces, and the movies you don't like aren't masterpieces.
'Citation: user, faggot, 2016, >>417405'

You probably loved Emmerich's Godzilla faggots.

Fucking children, all of you.

gud job

Step up your game nigga.

Trailer looks so dumb. Like a guy in a rubber suit being pushed along on a trolley

eh. I like the concept, but the one thing holding it back is the little googly eye. I think they should have gone with the GMK blank eyes for this design. And maybe add a little more claw to the hands

Shin Godzilla is not ugly, it's a crude one.

all u

Nope. Trips win:

Sucker.

Holy shit I hope that wasn't the same user. That's just so childish I can't believe it's someones actual reaction.

Anno has always been a "muh grorious Tohu cinema" autist. He's loved the shitty looking rubber suit aesthetic from childhood.

Never said He was ugly

ver. 2

Probably it literally is. Just like the special effect in Carnosaur 1 and 2.

*since childhood

That pic fits this song very well.

Nice, I haven't really liked Godzilla all that much after the first one. The cartoony direction it went was still charming, but I always considered the first to be the best. When I saw the trailer for this one it seemed a lot like they were taking it back to what made the original so good. It's just Godzilla being a unbeatable force of nature who man desperately tries to stop..

all that said are there any torrents yet?

What game?

why even live

This game, graphically, looks like complete shit.

Is this a PS2 game?

I never liked it when Super Robot shows try to outdo each other.
When the mechs start getting taller than 50 metres is when shit gets a bit ridiculous.

the "super ridiculous" era of mecha shows, I believe, began with shin getter robo armageddon. It was going to be a generic mecha show with transformations and monsters and whatnot, but the producer left after episode 4 and TOOK ALL THE SHOW NOTES AND THE REST OF THE SCRIPT.
so, for the remaining 8 episodes they pulled a ridiculous plot out of their asses that pushed the boundaries of what a mecha show even is, ending with the getter robos ascending to a dimension of all getter robos from every parallel universe fighting an infinite amount of space monsters forever until the end of time.
this is what primarily inspired TTGL

Here is the problem with any jap film. They all have fish faces so they can't show real emotion. When they try it ends up looking like a human wearing a weird yellow mask.

Mechas always been crazy. Even all the way back in 1980 with Space Runaway Ideon doing what Eva did in the 90s.

TTGL was more of a love letter to all things mecha. With it referencing more then just "getter rays" and getter Gs/Gunbusters crossed arms. It combined a lot of themes and ideas a lot of mecha shows have.

Kill em all Tomino in top form. Always felt that Ideon never got its due and proper.

He is more of Michael Bay director. His stories and cgi characters are terrible and hides it with a bunch of explosions.

Godzilla starts off as a tadpole and then grows into Godzilla later in the movie.

Sounds like shit.

I never liked Eva, it felt far too much like it was trying to be smart.
The fans of it are the most annoying fucks as well, most of them seem to just hate mecha in general and act as if the show was made to mock mecha or something.

Eva isn't all THAT bad. People just need to realize all the christian imagery is just for show.

For better or worse it did change the giant robot landscape.

Oh god that wobbly rubber neck. Is it supposed to be funny?

This better be a lie. He's not fucking Hedorah.

Evangelion is not a mecha anime so comparing it to mecha anime is not going to work.
**Evangelion is the Lost of anime"

Lost was great.

Then why does it have mechs in it?

>>>/m/

So at first i hated the design just because i thought the legendary one was spot on, but the more i look at this the more it seems like some conscious design choice like the time he went nuclear.

The constant forward movement without stopping, the arms drawn in, palms up but hands stiff and unmoving and that rictus grin looks more like a corpse struggling to move.

It aint just because its a suit, we've seen people in the suit fucking drop kick stuff before, so is there any story reason why he looks and moves so fucked up?

he's literally formed by the Fukushima disaster and is basically a massive cluster of mutant organisms trying to duplicate itself

On the account of that "tadpole" looking like a squash that was spray painted gray, I'm going to choose to believe that it was planted there by some faggot on purpose and that nothing you said in your post is true.

The Beast would be proud of his legacy.

1: Not sure yet

2: Legendary is still going to do it's movies in it's own 'verse. Mothra and Rodan are easy to see as being super old organisms who feed off of radiation, but King Ghidorah is a totally different beast. He's always been either an alien or a specifically constructed artificial creature. The cast seems to be lined up to be a variation of Ghidra the three headed monster.

Get Godzilla Vs on ps4.

it's a good city destruction simulator.

thanks doc

Speaking of city destroyer simulators, EDF finally got a pc port too. Can even beat up kajus with bigass robots

Will we see the return of desutroyah?

Hmm, I doubt the tadpole thing only because it doesn't really make sense unless they literally combine the physical presence of Godzilla with the biology of Hedorah.

Still, God Godzilla is something the title IS saying and there was a one off image of God Godzilla long ago.

Is it God Godzilla? I thought Shin meant True, but the tadpole thing is true though. The one other form I think it was suppose to be are mini-sized forms of Godzilla that break off of his body.

Anno explaining why Godzilla's atomic breathe is purple.

trashed.

Dropped

Well, it's due to Shin being written in Kanji that results in it having three names; Real, True, and God.

Holy shit, it's Godzilla in Hell

Kinda like how Scorpion's fire (Mortal Kombat) is actually from his sorrow, not rage.

I'm still gonna say "Thanks Doc"

Has anyone noticed that Godzilla has no tongue? How can Godzilla roar without a tongue?

I don't mind that part about it representing suffering and turmoil, but the part where it was to honor Prince is stupid though.

Just the unending suffering screams of the damned

I won't argue that. Also, before anyone says, Godzilla has had purple breath before. His spiral breath in 91 king ghidorah had purple lacing in it and whenever that breath is shown in a game, it often has purple energy in it.

Source?

>>>Holla Forums and don't come back

I hope you realise that probably >50% of this board are Holla Forums crossposters.

The terrible state of the board leaves no doubt as to that. Frankly, I'd rather Holla Forums die then watch underage Holla Forumsirgins shit all over it.

But this site is almost entirely Holla Forums.
Something happened at halfchan Holla Forums which caused people to come here.

You're a mongoloid.

I know that. Still doesn't mean they should be welcome here. Holla Forums is a pit of cancer and they drag it with them everywhere they post.

Then what was Holla Forums like before Holla Forums came? And what are the traits of Holla Forums posts?

Actually I'm pretty sure that's a bitter melon painted gray.

Anno's a little bit nuts, isn't he?

Have you seen Evangelion?

Godzilla's design looks like trash

I'm not even going to bother with this edgy japshit.

It's not a guy in a suit this time though, It's all CG. And it look more real than Amerifat's CGI monsters. American CGI is getting more like video game graphics while Japanese CGI is improving. American CGI sticks out horribly and moves in an unrealistic and overly dynamic fashion. You really think that such a large lumbering creature would be able to preform such complex movements? This isn't a T-rex, this is bigger and bulkier than that

weeb please

I don't watch any anime though.

Are the Japs good at uploading camrips at least? I can't wait to see this movie.

End of this year

No, I don't. he sucks.

Garbage.

Fuck off gook.

This game is slow and awful.

No, it's a rubber suit.

Man you are fucking salty. Booty-blasted nobody gives a shit about Murrican pride monster King Kuck for the past 62 years?

>>>/out/

Just what the fuck is this gook nigger talking about.

You're a fucking retard

Fuck off cucks.

he's a tryhard faggot who wants you to think he's nuts for the sake of attention because his work can't stand up on its own.

the eyes are just retarded. If they made it lizard-like, it would look sweet.

But no, they gave it beady little Canadian eyes and it looks retarded

He's an above-average anime director and animator who became a meme because he made a TV show while depressed as the studio he helped found in a garage neared bankruptcy. Outside Evangelion his work is consistently solid: Gunbuster, Nadia, Kare Kano, and so on possibly including his arthouse films if you're a /film/ fag. I enjoy his directorial style and imagery but there's far better anime directors out there and is a massive fucking faggot for linking Digibrony.

OVER POWERED AS FUCK

BRAVO ANNO!

That looks like shittier than before. He doesn't need back and ass lasers.

This, he needs to be made entirely out of lasers

shoop da woop is back on the menu boys

If I shoop dat woop would you die?

Fathoms are a distance.

Above average weebshit director means nothing, because anime fucking shits no matter what. Even his live action films are weebshits.

It's really a mutated frog, isn't it?

Jesus Christ.

Yep, he is a mutated Kermit the frog.

I don't think anyone ever contested that.

He doesn't fire atomic energy from his wounds. He fires it from his dorsal plates.

The ending is CLASSIC Annokino

Opens with an underwater explosion, releasing the red substance. Some of this spills into a tunnel and gets on people. Still not sure what it was, since my Japanese is minimal at best. The film wasn't "boring", but there are a LOT of meetings/discussions, and if you don't understand Japanese… Lots of old music themes, and the original roar. Godzilla starts out tadpole-like, in the sense that he has big eyes, back legs, long tail, and gills. At one point, the gills release the red substance. It kind of crawls it's way through town, just pushing itself with its back legs. Makes a few attempts to stand up, and finally does, sprouting tiny arms. Goes back in the water. Glows red, then purple, then yellow for a little bit. Breath starts as breath, then fire, then that concentrates into a purple laser as its lower jaw splits in two. Can also fire lasers from its back. After a large attack, he seems to turn to stone, with the color draining and him standing motionless. Later in the movie, it shoots laser from both mouth and tip of tail. They develop some sort of chemical to freeze Godzilla. They knock him down, then trucks with cranes in them pump the chemical into his mouth. After a couple of attempts, they succeed. The very last shot is silently panning up Godzilla's frozen body, and you see frozen partial human skeletons reaching out in agony from Godzilla's tail, and many of them have Godzilla's spines

This sounds really stupid, and I'm honestly ashamed that I was excited for this movie. Somehow Japan has managed to make a worse Godzilla movie than the American version that came out in 2014.

Are you seriously content with Godzilla being the same fucking thing for decades upon decades? Something drastically different was needed this time not just to revive the franchise with a new era but to also reflect the times this Godzilla inhabits.

These Japanese dubs are ridiculous.

Not the guy you commented to, but all of us expected some sort of change. It is just how that change is presented is what's making this stupid. It is just too much of it.

This is me through out the whole production:

It may be insane, but it's no less a horrifying idea of Godzilla being more of a "Force" than a living creature.

Hedorah was the embodiment of sludge and pollution and was a colonial creature.

Destroyah was also a mutant from the byproduct of the Oxygen Destroyer and, again, is a colonial creature.

Godzilla was the mutant of radiation but was a singular form creature, and I have little doubt that people mentioning Hedorah and Destroyah in conference suddenly went "You know ,it'd be horrifying if Godzilla was actually a colonial mutant like Hedorah or Destroyah" and then everyone was silent a moment before they said "this does sound horrifying, lets do it".

Yes, it's not the same as a "Dinosaur" tearing the city apart, but honestly, what a lot of people forget is that Godzilla is the DaiKaiju equivalent of Superman; they bullshit in any power or ability he needs to be the threat/hero of whatever story.

The idea of him just becoming a living turret of fuck you paints a very horrifying image, even moreso than a walking 300+ feet tall dinosaur. The fact that his body weaponizes it's self and even absorbs and converts other life forms is terrifying.

I will agree that it's probably jarring for most people, but they DID say this movie was a reboot and closer to the idea of Godzilla just being a giant "Fuck You" to humanity.

And I think that is what's bullshit. I don't mind the small gimmicks like regenerative healing, tail sliding, flying, organism absorption, or the fact that he was either a dinosaur or a mutant. It is the bullshit gimmicks that you know that is going to stick around like the atomic pulse, the super atomic breathe (the red atomic breathe the Heisei Godzilla had from vs. MechaGodzilla 2 through vs. Destroyah), and the the back and tail lasers. He does not need all of those. It's just too much.

Which would make this edgy shit Godzilla's Man of Steel.

what the fuck, anno

Did they really superman it in the heisei series? I mean, the nuclear pulse wasn't anything that necessarily gave him an edge against ghidorah, and I don't recall him ever using it again.
The red spiral atomic ray was also fine, because it set up the meltdown in Godzilla vs Destroyah.

back and tail lasers is just too crazy

I think they really did Superman the Heisei series. He had the atomic pulse in vs. Biollante (I think) and vs. Destroyah as well and it seemed like the red spiral ray was added as a "just because" excuse to give Godzilla a new super power.

You're a pretentious faggot

How can you justify gonzo shit like flying and sliding on his tail to do a dropkick but take umbrage at something as relatively simple as him being able to emit a nuclear pulse?

He used the pulse about three times (Biollante, King Ghidorah, and mothra) that I can recall.

But what I'm talking about is each incarnation has different aspects to it.

It was added as a response to the the victory he had over the Super X 2, which could reflect his ray.

When mechagodzilla was made, a simple things to think of was "how would Godzilla's ray work on it?" and they came up with the idea that it worked on the principal of absorbing it and firing it back. When it came time for Godzilla to overcome that weakness, then he got the Red Spiral ray.

But the main thing I'm trying to say is that each incarnation of Godzilla is as strong or weak as they need him to be.

GMK Godzilla is seen as insanely over powered to the point he ABSORBED Ghidorah's gravi Beams through his spines, something he could never do, but could do this time to kill Ghidorah.

Showa Godzilla seemed to develop powers at the drop of a hat whenever a foe needed to be taken out.

Magenetism? FLIGHT? Godzilla got the spiral breath seemingly for no reason, other than to cut Ghidorah's head off and the pulse was a response to a foe gripping him. Every version of Godzilla has had the "superman" treatment to one point or another with a baseline of abilities transferred over.

Except Godzilla isn't trying to "save" humanity here.

sauce?

scifijapan.com/articles/2016/07/22/shin-godzilla-press-release-from-funimation-films/

Apparently Godzilla can release red fluid into the water and make it toxic.

You don't even know what that word means.

Uh
Do you mean blood?

THOSE FUCKING TINY ARMS

i'm kinda sad now after hearing the stuff from this movie. I was really looking forward to it.

Can't be worse than this pile of shite.

I think it's bloody diarrhea.

Am I the only one who thinks that this looks absolutely retarded.

The head does look pretty stupid from some angles.

>>>/normalfag/

No, this is not blood.

Shin-Goji gets the same amount of screen time and most of the movie takes place in a boardroom.

Tokyo Story is considered one of the greatest films ever made.

it's shit

That's wrong, he's in it for more time (not counting the two other forms) and is far more of a spectacle than goofy ass Burgerzilla who was more based on the Showa hero Godzilla than the serious one.

Burgerzilla had awesome reveals but no payoff. Blue Balls: The Movie.

Did Anno sneak any Eva references in? I heard Sagisu straight up just reused tracks from the show for the movie

[spoiler]The film starts with the coast guard investigating an abandoned small yacht off the coast of Tokyo. Because there is no sign of struggle, they theorize a suicide.

Suddenly the boat is disturbed by a huge eruption in the water. At the same time, a car tunnel under the ocean collapses and copious amounts of red liquid spill into the tunnel.

The government convenes an emergency meeting with all the bigwigs to discuss. The prevailing theory is volcanic activity from an undersea volcano. However, one person brings up a theory that has already surfaced online: that it’s some unknown giant creature. This person is the closest character to a “main character” in the film: Yaguchi. He is the assistant secretary of the cabinet, which is not too high in the overall government scheme but is #2 responsibility for handling national crises.

Yaguchi is mocked, until an enormous tail comes out of the ocean. Stunned and unsure what the right thing to do is, the government has all the ministers put on emergency rescue gear as if they are going to help deal with a crisis directly. After some debate, the prime minister gives an emergency press conference decked out in his emergency crisis gear, announcing that there is no risk of the monster making landfall.

This is a deliberate call-back to the March 11, 2011 disaster, when the prime minister in real life took a lot of public flack for appearing in press conferences wearing emergency rescue gear as if he was going to go help at Fukushima in person, which of course he never did.

Ironically, right after this press conference, the creature makes landfall.

A stupefied government watches as a giant creature comes crawling out into Tokyo. This is Godzilla’s first form, totally unrecognizable, crawling on all fours with gills in its neck spilling more red liquid on the streets.

As it destroys everything in its path, killing civilians, the government finally scrambles helicopters to attack. As they approach, Godzilla suddenly stops and evolves to his second form, growing arms and standing on two legs.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The prime minister is extremely indecisive about order the helicopters to open fire. This is because Japan has a peace clause in its constitution and takes weapon usage really seriously. In real life, this is a major political topic in Japan right now as the very right-wing Prime Minister Abe wants to revise the constitution to give Japan the most military autonomy it’s had since WWII.

Eventually the prime minister orders the helicopters to fire but immediately retracts the order when they see that civilians still haven’t completely evacuated the area. Godzilla mk 2 gives a skreeonk that is verbatim the exact same as the one from Gojira 1954. He goes back on all 4s into the ocean.

Cue long government discussion scenes.

The government divides into 2 groups: The main ministers focus military strategy and civilian safety, while a vindicated Yaguchi is put in charge of a team of young all-stars to research the monster.

3 major discoveries happen at this point:

1. A monster that big could only possibly use nuclear energy to sustain itself. Further, the monster leaves a trail of radiation in its wake. From this, they figure out that Godzilla has nuclear fission constantly occurring inside of him, which continuously heats him up, and that he went back into the ocean to cool off.

2. The second “main character,” Kayoko Ann Patterson, a Japanese American liason to the American Ambassador in Japan, arrives to say that the owner of the deserted ship at the start of the movie was a now-missing zoologist that was researching the monster. He figured out that something big was down in in the bottom of the ocean, which he named “Gojira” after a local legend in his hometown. The Americans got wind of his research and give the creature the codename “Godzilla” in English.

3. They figured out that Godzilla was eating nuclear waste buried at the bottom of the ocean.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]In the midst of all this research, Godzilla reappears, further evolved into his “main,” familiar form, walking on two legs and twice as big as before. He makes land in Kamakura, which is a ways south of Tokyo, and slowly walks up towards Tokyo, destroying everything in his path.

The Japanese Self Defense Force (SDF) prepares helicopters, tanks, and bombers to attack Godzilla. Once again, the Prime Minister is extremely hesitant to give the order to fire, but eventually he does, this time for real. The SDF lets lose, and in classic Godzilla fashion, nothing phases him. The prime minister orders retreat but it is too late for some SDF members.

The US military offers to step-in and help, and after some hesitation the Prime Minister agrees. This harkens to another major political hot topic in real-life Japan today: the right-wing government and its supporters feel that Japan is overly dependant on the US military and needs to get more military, political, and economic autonomy in order to be a truly legitimate international player.

The government figures out that the location where the prime minister and the cabinet are gathered is in Godzilla’s probably path of destruction, so Yaguchi talks the prime minister and most of his other ministers to flee via helicopter, while Yaguchi and other lower-level officials flee by car.

As they flee, the US military sends in stealth bombers, which are finally able to deal a noticeable wound to Godzilla. In retaliation, Godzilla glows purple and Godzilla fires his atomic breath attack turning 3 districts of Tokyo into a fiery wasteland, destroying the American bombers, and taking down the helicopter with the Prime Minister and cabinet in the process.

After this great expulsion of energy, Godzilla stops and enters a state of hibernation.

With the Prime Minister and the next 10 in line to succeed him all dead, the Minister of Agriculture becomes temporary Prime Minister. He complains about how hard the job is.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]At this point, Yaguchi’s team tracks down the rest of the zoologist’s research. Additionally, the US and Japan are able to get somewhat close to take readings. But not too close—Godzilla has a sort of natural sensor and will disrupt any equipment that gets too close.

Through this, there are 3 more revelations:

1. Given the amount of energy that Godzilla expelled, they figure out that it will take 15 days for him to recover and reawaken.

2. Godzilla doesn’t have “normal” cells, he’s made up of ancient, nuclear-energy-consuming mixotrophs. They theorize that Godzilla started as a collection of these ancient mixotrophs that ate the nuclear waste dumped into the ocean. This caused them to evolve and come together. The pace of evolution increased, to the point that Godzilla goes from undersea creature, to 4-legged Godzilla mk 1, to 2-legged Godzilla mk 2 in a matter of hours, and soon after became the Godzilla we know and love.

3. Bits of Godzilla fell off him in his attack, and these also start the process of evolution. They realize that Godzilla can reproduce asexually (like a worm, not like GINO), and that if they can’t stop him soon the world will be overrun by constantly evolving, unstoppable monsters.

The US Government fears that Godzilla will evolve and reproduce out of control. They decide to use the H-Bomb to wipe him out, and give Japan 2 weeks to evacuate Tokyo.

The new interim prime minister fears that nothing else can be done, and agrees with the US’s plan. But Yaguchi and Kayoko, who’s grandmother died in the Hiroshima nuking, want to come up with another plan. They don’t want Japan to once again be the victim of a bombing that will take decades to recover from.

Kayoko decides to use her political connections to get France to convince the US, Russia, and China to extend the countdown until they nuke Godzilla by one day, i.e. until right before he wakes back up. The American Ambassador to Japan warns her that if her plan fails, it will destroy her political career and shatter her dreams of becoming US President in her 40s. She decides to proceed nonetheless.

Kayoko and Yaguchi’s plan is pump freezing liquid into Godzilla, cooling the organisms inside him until he completely freezes over. They call this plan Operation Yashiori (Yashiori Sakusen). This name goes 3 layers deep:

1. Everyone wanted to call it Operation Yaguchi but he didn’t want to take all the credit, so he took the “Ya” and made it Operation Yashiori.

2. “Yashiori” comes from yashiori no sake. In Japanese folklore, yashiori no sake is a legendary sake that is given to the demon Orochi in order to make him drunk, leading to his defeat. If you’ve played the game Okami, there is a boss fight where you defeat Orochi by feeding him Yashiori no Sake. In this movie, they force feed Godzilla coolants in order to defeat him, a la Yashiori no Sake

3.It harkens back to the name “Operation Yashima” (Yashima Sakusen), which originally comes from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and then was used on the internet in 2011 to refer to the nationwide campaign to conserve energy after the Fukushima nuclear reactor meltdown.

They complete preparations on time, and on the day of the operation, Yaguchi gives a rousing speech to those who are participating in the operation, thanking them for their service and their sacrifice, since there is no guarantee they will make it out alive or be safe from radiation poisoning.

They first use unoccupied trains and drones to send explosives at Godzilla. This is a ruse to get him to expend all his energy via atomic breath. When he runs out of juice, they topple him by causing the buildings around him to fall on him. When he’s down, they force feed him coolant via fire trucks.

It takes a couple attempts and many lives are lost, but eventually it works, and Godzilla is frozen.

After the climax, we learn that the half-life of Godzilla’s radiation is only 20 days, meaning Tokyo will be able to make a quick recovery. The Americans postpone the nuke, but remind Japan that, should Godzilla ever reawaken, they will finish the job and nuke him. Yaguchi declares his intent to help rebuild the government into something stronger, that can support Japan in the age of Godzilla.

The film ends with a close-up of Godzilla’s tail. We see human skeletons coming off of it, reaching for the sky. No explanation is given for why they are there.[/spoiler]

Literally the rebirth of Kaijukino.

If this is true, it will really beat the fucking 2014 Amerifat movie.

Make Godzilla Great Again

Anno does it again

Amerlica godziwa shit

Japan godziwa better

Fuck Amerilca

**It looks like shit
Godzilla looks like someone put a Godzilla toy in front of a cat and imposed it on the footage of the city**

Enjoy sucking Emmerich's cock.

Ok

those eyes tho

I think that figure is supposed to look silly.

that's actually a pretty cool way of giving him a weakness
I'm not sure that I like the evolving/tadpole thing. It would make more sense that they want him dead not because they can spread, but because he can just keep hiding and eating radioactive sources, becoming Super Tengen Toppa GigaZilla. also if he uses nuclear energy to sustain himself, wouldn't hitting him with a thermonuclear device be the exact opposite of what you would do

Yeah, but Japan needed to find a way to make America look stupid. For some reason, Japan has been really anti-America in their media.

This movie isn't anti-American whatsoever. The US is instrumental in stopping Godzilla. In fact the bunker busters are the only weapons that injure him and later it's the US who depletes his energy enough for the Japs to enact their plan to freeze him.

This movie made the number 1 spot, but financially it flopped just as hard as the feminist Ghostbusters.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/japan-box-office-tohos-godzilla-916071

Alternate forms leaked. No tadpole.

sheeeit

Godzilla is the Purple Rain
Why haven't we turned this into a meme you lazyfucks?

double dubs confirm miller is a better director

Is this even getting an American release? Or any English-language release?

Indiana Jones is not a trilogy.

Godzilla 98 isn't a good film, but at least it isn't a pretentious retarded piece of shit.

SIGNATURE SPICE

Well at least the music is good.

Any shitty cams of it yet? Id go watch it but but the singles policy is still in infect and the only stupid son of a bitch dumb enough to go with me died last year after offending our Muslim overlords by being white.

H A C K
A
C
K E K O L D

I mean this one.

wadafug

Is Anno autistic?

B
B R
B R A
B R A V
B R A V O
B R A V O A
B R A V O A N
B R A V O A N N
B R A V O A N N O
B R A V O A N N
B R A V O A N
B R A V O A
B R A V O
B R A V
B R A
B R
B

Have you SEEN Eva?

I'm really having trouble getting over how much I fucking hate his design in this, and I say this as someone who grew up on Godzilla movies. Godzilla vs. Megalon was the first movie I ever saw.

I really hate all the tiny little needle teeth. I hate the skeletal little arms. I hate the ridiculously long tail. Nothing about his new design appeals to me.

Fucking pedant.

Is this supposed to be some allegory of humanity is the monster because we harvest nuclear energy?

It's Anno I recommend not digging into it because it's literally meaningless.

Since this Goji is the enemy, do they factor in how angry Godzilla usually is?

This Godzilla has no personality to speak of. He is so literally above us he is totally indifferent and ambivalent to mankind until the Americans injure him with bunker busters and he goes berserk,

Ooh.

Yes. That'll do nicely. Eldritch Godzilla. Just the kind of thing you'd expect out of Anno.

DOES HE LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

Holy shit, if they do a direct reference to The Beast from 20,00 fathoms, I may jizz hard enough to make a new crater on the moon.

DOES HE LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

Holy shit, if they do a direct reference to The Beast from 20,00 fathoms, I may jizz hard enough to make a new crater on the moon.

It could just be a note that any people godzilla came into contact with were absorbed and being converted into his body ALA The Thing.

The official localized name is Godzilla Resurgence

That's the rebuild one faggot

I'm quite aware, which is a little interesting but I can't help but think they could have come up with something better.

Really? i remember Lilith looking like that in NGE. Not that there was any shortage of her being shown off.

Nah, check the mask

Both are shit.

Are there any versions where Shinji just shuts the fuck up and gets in the robot?

or are they all just as bad as the first series where he's a faggot and just turns the human race into Tang over and over again because he had to kill the guy taming his boypussy?

Who knows? i know it's potential down the drain.

So that's his second form…

I need to see the first form and see if it is remotely similar to the Rhedosaurus.

Again, a tribute to Beast from 20,000 would make my dick diamonds.

Yeah the manga

Anno didn't create evangelion, he didn't even create shinji and the rest of the characters, he was simply the director and he shat all over the original idea

Evangelion was actually Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's creation, and the manga shows that. In it shinji is less of a wimp and more of a cynic who had a really shitty life including adoptive parents that treated him like shit so you kind of understand why he is depressed

Also the ending is way less fucking cryptic

The ending is devoid of any substance. It's just a rip-off of Madoka. EoE actually said shit about depression and how you get over yourself. The only good thing about the manga is that it gave Kaji a much-needed backstory.

Movie's out in Japan, right? No torrents yet?

Shit, sounds a lot better.

Are you basing that on the manga coming before the show? It's common for manga to be released just before the show to drum up interest, but apparently NGE's air date got pushed back significantly. NGE was not adapted from the manga.

The manga ended Jun 2013, ages after the show.

Seeing all the normalfags talk about anime is really cringe inducing.

Oh god, just kill yourselves
>>>/normalfag/

What does that have to do with anything?

And? It was a diversion from the show, retard. The manga was made to drum up interest, the show was already a concept long before it.

It hurts my brain.

No, check this post

Kill yourself weeb.

Steal from the best.

>>>/a/

Stay mad.

That's form 2, neither one is form 1 where he has 4 legs.

Actually, the top is form 1 and the bottom is form 2. There is a noticeable difference between them. Like the top one has a fatter neck with more profound gills and no arms. From how it hunches over, the first form would have had a difficult time standing up and would resort to crawling.

Hmm, would explain the "tadpole" rumors.