Happy birthday to one of the greatest autists ever to grace film with his brilliance! Kubrick thread...

Happy birthday to one of the greatest autists ever to grace film with his brilliance! Kubrick thread. So what's your favorite Kubrick movie?

I still can't decide between Full Metal Jacket or Dr. Strangelove. Paths of Glory is also up there. I particularly love the scene where the colonel is walking through the trenches and of course, the failed assault into No Man's Land. Has anyone seen Lolita or his earlier works? They're next on my list.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY
soundcloud.com/brainpicker/a-rare-interview-with-stanley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The moon landing

Kubrick a shit

Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange are the ones that I really like. I think I should finally watch Paths of Glory.

Listen commie That as retarded as claiming the holocaust never happen. Fuck off back to europoor

You definitely should. The cinematography is absolutely on point and even though I'm not a fan of Kirk Douglas, he's fantastic here. This goes for the rest of the cast as well.

pick one

Give me a proof that isn't a ms paint retard shit. I will wait

Only commie and not patriot American fags or euromudslim say the moon landing was fake. Commits because they are still butthurt that we were, and always be number one. The other two because they can't stand our star shining that much. Trump will kick all of them out and bring us at the top of the chain

you want me to prove a negative?

Really user? Really?

Funny, for an american you type in a thick eastern european accent. Look, the fact that it's the cornerstone of American exceptionalism AND fake is a big part of why everything today is as degenerate and dishonest as it is. The commies did and continue to do plenty of their own lying about the space exploration btw.
youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY

/poleddit/ needs to leave

are you the same kike who's shilling on /newsplus/?

Off the wall with you commie, and pick your tin foil hat somewhere else.
Here have another proof of some crazy shit that surely you believe in:^}

Well memed user. Well memed +1 karma for you

What dead board are you shilling kike?

Here's a rare interview of a then 37 year old Kubrick. Interesting stuff.

soundcloud.com/brainpicker/a-rare-interview-with-stanley

FMJ is probably my favorite. But runner ups are The Shining and 2001 A Space Odyssey. His whole line of work in general is stellar though, it's hard to pick which is the best.

MY GOD IT'S FULL OF STARS

I want to say Eyes Wide Shut since that's the one that got him killed, but Tom and Nicole are fucking awful in that movie, never mind that it was CGIed up.

When it comes to a movie I just want to watch because it's so well crafted, I always go back to The Shining.

Barry Lyndon

Ranked from best to worst of the ones i have seen:

Strangelove, great as it is, is massively overrated in my opinion.

I'm curious as to why FMJ is ranked so low on your list. Any particular reason?

I don't hate it or anything but when you compare it with the rest of his films (particularly Paths of Glory) it feels like he's kind of on auto-pilot. I don't get the feeling of artistic flair that i get from his other films.

And i know it's not exactly an original critique but i think the movie really deteriorates in quality after the first half of the movie. In this section the characters all feel flat and the acting is really unconvincing and lifeless and I never felt invested in the plot. The second half seems like a series of "this sequence/ line of dialogue seems cool let's do that" without any real point to it. I always get bored whenever i watch it.

hoax u>hm
as pe.hnap tdedrera reven Fcuk namcilig eth omimce to enLtsi lastocohu Ttha kcab ooeprour as off

81>>6647
esendi it >eh
tderra rofop liwl a wiat I hatt nipta a its'n sm em .htis iGev

14>6>596
corhepoimnsen eganidr I> kalc
fsag ew hncai be alyasw prttioa yas us Cmsoitm het swa of uhtrtbtu will hcmu. ruo lal ,ewre nerbmu cna't otn they of eth o.en hte adtsn and baseecu tars uaeescb eTh nAiecrma lrmsdouieum dna ek.af eorht htat era nad nOyl kikc ta nibrg Tumpr uto pto ro yeht wto imocme thme ttah noom nihgnis illts annlidg

66174>>1
eikl I ntod' ekli ptos yuo> otmginhse
.slee lwal uyo immoe,c semeohrew pcik Off tni hta lofi wiht het dna ruoy
heoratn yruels eHre hsit fo yzcar uyo hvae some elbveie ofrop :i}n^ ttah
you mmeed Wlle a.nno emdem Well +1 kaarm rfo
6717>>45
dbaor are nsgiihll oyu ikek? daed haWt

Are you retarded?

7>640>81
3>7410>8
40218>7>
uoy erA ?rdeertda

I agree 100%. It feels like it could have been an Oliver Stone movie, maybe even a Spielberg one.

I can completely understand that, but I also disagree. I feel it's one of his best and outranks 2001 and Eyes Wide Shut by a significant degree. You can very much see that Kubrick flair with certain shots, moments, and of course with his trademarks. I think you have to look at the film as a whole in order to really appreciate and "get" it. FMJ isn't the story of Joker or his own experience, but of the Vietnam War itself. I know people argue about whether it's pro-war or anti-war, but it seems pretty obvious that it's simply about war and, as mentioned it the film, the duality of man. Joker and the rest of the characters go back and forth with their emotions and actions throughout the film, and the whole thing is like an oxymoron. You'll have scenes where they're sitting around a tent joking around to a devastating attack in the middle of the night, or one like when they're entering the city and it's loud and intense, but quiets and shifts tone completely when one of the soldiers gets his first kill. I also think the acting is very good. Vincent D'onofrio, R. Lee Ermy, Matthew Modine, and Adam Baldwin hit it out of the park. But in the end, I believe that the many characters are all essentially various aspects of man that make up a singular body or character. It's stuff like that that really strikes the film as extraordinary to me. I could elaborate a bit more if I wasn't clear enough, but I'll just leave this here. I think it completely sums the film up in one scene.

Never seen that one before, thanks and nice trips. Another good one here.