Blair Witch

I respect Adam Wingard, but what the fuck is this shit ?
It looks like a basic shitty horror movie made by a random director like Unfriended or Annabelle.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hAkmHSzUIHQ
bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3399467/review-blair-witch-the-woods-horror-game-changer-will-completely-wreck/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's been probably over a decade since I saw the original Blair Witch movie but if I remember right the whole reason why it was so spooky, at least to me, was because of how "realistic" it was. I think it had nothing supernatural in it. Seems like they've ruined this one with actual supernatural elements.

In the original the reaction to the stick figures was confusion as in "what the hell is this shit" rather than "OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S HAPPENING". That's the beauty of the original, it has no overacting and the emotions feel "real" and from what I've heard they partly were.

I don't understand why they make sequels to Blair Witch without keeping the original style because by making them generic horror they'll just make the fans of the original mad.

At first I was gonna scold you for being a tasteless faggot for shitting on Blair Witch, but then I clicked on the video and it says 2016… They are remaking Blair Witch? Are you fucking shitting me?

It's a sequel, it was called "The Woods" or some shit like that not long ago but the director, who was apparently decent at his job if you watch his previous movies, just said "it's a Blair Witch sequel now.

Looks like a soft-reboot to me, which is a remake posing as a sequel.

It's gonna be another Carrie, Poltergeist etc, where they try to make scary stuff """""cool""""" scary. Fuck this.

They kind of already fucked up Blair Witch with that sequel Book of Shadows. I remember watching that fake documentary on Sci-fi channel (before it became Syfy) and it really added a lot of lore and realism to the original Blair Witch. I forget but I assume the video games were pretty shitty as well.

Also, don't forget the parody of the Blair Witch, Da Hip Hop Witch which was terrible. No fault of Blair Witch directly but when am I ever going ot mention Da Hip Hop Witch that stars Eminem and Ja Rule ever again?

T…the fuck is this…

The second film confirms the Blair Witch exists but it's a meta film. In the 2nd movie's universe the 1st movie is a movie, but the legends told in it seem to be real.

I like the 2nd movie. Actually no I don't. I like what the second movie would have been if the studio didn't meddle with it.

I agree, it was pre internet(pre good internet anyway) so it was lightly harder to right it off as a fake straight away. I think I was about 12 or 13 when it came out, scared the shit out of me, it was like no other film I had ever seen before, I honestly thought it was real.

There was another parody video, it was like a lot of little parody's on one film, anyone remember??

The internet was a key part of it's marketing you pleb. They set up fake websites full of folk lore and shit. That's why so many people thought it was real, they did all the leg work to make it look real with fake documentaries and websites before people had ever considered doing that.

Yeah, the second film already made the same mistake as the 3rd one. Of course you could make a descent witch film with supernatural elements but using the Blair Witch name while making a generic horror film is just a waste of a good title in my opinion. That's the biggest problem I have with these sequels. Even if they were 10/10 horror films I'd still hate them just for milking the Blair Witch title.

I'd be less harsh on this 2016 film if it was called The Woods instead of Blair Witch.

The second film was making fun of them milking it. That's why it's interesting.

but it was a shitty movie

There were like a dozen Blair Witch parodies and knockoffs. I do remember seeing this one on a shelf at my Blockbuster

There's a youtube reviewer who goes into the background of the film. give ot a watch and see what you think

kys

Yes, I should kill myself for appreciating a movie more after an entire sub plot is revealed that is damn near impossible to find on your own but answers one of the central mysteries in the story that opens up some interesting questions.

Are you fucking kidding me? They're remaking BWP? Already?

I want Hollywood to burn.

Haven't you learned that executives honestly seem to believe that assraping things in front of their own fans is a good way to make money?

Just reading their names in order comes off like bix nood speech.

Nothing outwardly so, nor did it show anything too eyecatching, but the film crew definitely paddled their way up shit creek.

Do you have a link or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=hAkmHSzUIHQ

The guy became a complete faggot after Fantastic four flopped but this is a good video.

found footage was a mistake

Eminem has only a very tiny cameo in it but his face is on the front cover.

Now I'm in a mood for good, recent, horror movies.

Anyone have any recommendations? Last time Holla Forums gave me As Above So Below and I liked it well enough.

Oh gee, what a fucking surprise.

this shits on everything that made the original good. it wasn't good because of how realistic it was, what made it a good horror movie is that it was subtle, and the scares were put together with modest means, in a relatively amateur way. this new one has so much polish that it loses any pretense of even attempting to be realistic. it looks like a horror movie.
when they're running through the forest screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" yeah it might not seem subtle, but it is. it was all shot on a shit camera. the video quality and cinematography feels genuine and realistic.

whoever is in charge of this shit remake, i hope they die in a barn fire. this is so overdone, it has so much detrimental polish. i guarantee that it will actually show the blair witch at the end. its going to end with the witch jumping out, going BOO!, and it cuts to black, then the credits roll. i fucking guarantee that's how this piece of shit is going to end.

this 4 minute muppet parody is a better remake than this shit

Definitely.

No, this wont fail as hard as Ghostbusters. This would be more of a success than Ghostbusters if they don't add any feminism shit.

Ghostbusters flopped because it was absolutely dogshit though, regardless feminism shit. Terminator 2 and Aliens were feminist yet successful as hell

Sarah Conner and Ellen Ripley were more badass though. They didn't make stupid queef jokes or say stupid shit like "safety lights are for dudes."

So, for men who want more serious pegging?

I really enjoyed the original movie. It actually felt believable, which made it so creepy and immersive. Same thing with Marble Hornets. This reboot however seems to have all the same problems that most modern day found footage movies have where it feels like you're watching a movie instead of found footage.

I don't know if it is for men with serious pegging, but you must have experience in being pegged if you think that those movies are for serious peggers.

No, Terminator 2 is the Thinking Man's film.

Is it found footage? It's hard to tell with this new reboot, people just seem to be holding the camera ways that wouldn't make sense.

I would happily get fucked in the ass by T2-era Linda Hamilton.

MFW she was married to James Cameron and she got the rights to terminator in the divorce … drove the series into the ground just to spite her ex husband

Jews want their shekels.

I swear to kek I thought that was a parody photoshop pulling the "bix nood mofugga moop bop nigga" thing.

Is that a cum stain?

Neither movie was remotely feminist. Terminator 2 is about a woman trying to protect her child, which is pro-family so anti-feminist.

Aliens is about Ripley trying to save Newt who is a replacement for her dead daughter while fighting against another mother trying to protect her family.

You're taking feminism on it's word instead of what it actually does. Patty falling on her ass and shouting "RACISM OR MISOGYNY!" was feminist. At no point did she think "I'm a fucking gorilla, I'm at fault for trying to make people lift me up"

It was feminism too, but you know. Feminism has changed.

I read that director actually kept the cast "in the dark" as to which scares were coming and pushed them further to film, to increase tension, etc. That is why that movie has such realistic vibe to it.

Why did they cast Zoe Quinn?

No, feminism was never good, it never served any real purpose, it was always Communist gobbledeegook. Look up the story on the founding of the National Organziation for Women in the '60s. Look up the article "strange doings in south america". It was always, always subversive bullshit meant to destabilize countries. It's intention is to tear countries apart by driving their women insane and forcing their men to either smack them into line or submit to their rule.

The first one worked because at the time nothing like it had ever been put out, it was filmed with complete unknowns and advertised as if it really happened. It greatly popularized the "found footage" genre, to the point that people hate that stuff now. The creators of the movie made a show called Freaky Links which used the same style and a lot of 90's interweb slang.

Has this ever happened? Has there ever been a sequel to a movie where the fact that it was a sequel was a surprise you only found out after going?

Are you implying that T2 and Aliens were good?

best blair witch parody coming through

Fuck off pleb.

is this the next movie trend? making a movie under one title and then revealing it as a sequel to something from 10-15 years ago?

and does this mean next Halloween is when "The Saw" comes out?

Those weren't feminist films at all since strong women preceded feminism. Deborah from the Old Testament (Biblical Old Testament) was a female war commander who won a war.

Feminism has always been bad from the start. It's an ideal that destabilizes the family while demanding men to assist them repeatedly. There were always safe spaces and trigger warnings, only difference is that the setting changed from churches to academic environments. It's why when you state that you prefer first wave feminism over third wave, feminists look at you as if you were a moron. It's all the same.

Sarah Connor literally talked about replacing men with robots you faggot.

What are you babbling about ?

So it's not another 10 Cloverfield Lane?

Agreed, the studio wrecked Book of Shadows so hard it's basically a comedy.

Can't wait for the new Texas Chainsaw movie to be called something unrelated.

see

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll watch it.

My favorite part about BW was at the very end when they go through the house and you could pause it and see the kid's head on the window, and it's all quiet with when they're going down through the basement.

Apparently this film is pretty meta 2/3 in, and third act they take that concept and turn it to 11, where it gets really quiet and you can sit there and manipulate the video and see different shit. I had a friend who saw it at Comic Con and was saying how he was so so about it until the third act, where they take the lore and directly fuck with it.

I'm optimistic about it, I liked VHS and a few shorts out of VHS 2, so here's hoping the new Blair Witch doesn't suck. I don't think it will, but you never know nowadays.

please explain
for the love of god, explain

Really? I always wondered if there was anything visual hidden at the end, but I never noticed anything at normal speed, so I didn't try to look frame by frame.

Turn on the subtitles when they're chasing shit in the woods. They list shit that you clearly can't hear.

Also check out the second film which contains like 20 easter eggs that spell out a message.

I'll do that next time I watch it and it's 10 a.m. on a sunny day, with the curtains open

fun story time
the first time i watched it, my neighborhood had a black out at 2 AM, while they were approaching the house in the woods

That is fucked up.

in addition to that, what caused the blackout was that a transformer on a power line burned out right next to my window. it produced a very loud hum and a bright flashing light through my curtains. i had no idea what it was and it scared the fuck out of me.

That sounds horrifying, how freaked out were you at that bizarre coincidence?

Looks a lot better than Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 that's for sure!

well, the title's related, but it's not "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Leatherface".

That isn't 80% of the movie. There is a scene where they run off into the night with cameras, it's fucking obvious.

so I'm not the only one who gets massively fucked with by this film? Like it doesn't even feel safe to read the thread at 3am?

She wasn't talking about replacing men with robots on a grand scale, she said she'd spent years trying to look for a replacement father for son, and that for lack of his biological father, the only suitable replacement was a machine originally intended to kill him reprogrammed to obey his every command. You're reading way too much into it. Hell, she even says it's insane in that scene, and she's happy to have the robot melt himself down in the end.

No one has any original ideas and marketers think that need pre-established brand saturation for anyone to come see a film.

With social media saturation these days a new property that's actually good would succeed but they want to be lazy and milk what they have the rights to, because it's less of a gamble.

how big of shills are Bloody Disgusting? because some of this sounds interesting if it isn't pure shilling:

bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3399467/review-blair-witch-the-woods-horror-game-changer-will-completely-wreck/

So its just an M Night WHAT A TWEEST moment?

I love horror movies, and BWP is one of the scariest I've ever seen. I know some people shrug it off, but unseen dangers in the woods or in dark houses scare the shit out of me, and I think the movie does a great job of making the whole thing believable.

Dr Donny?

BWP was really scary back then, because of the ARG and because the theatres didn't have five niggers texting on their iphones, ruining the immurshun, because cell phones weren't widespread.

it's pretty underwhelming unless you have a huge TV and turn off all the distractions at home.

It was all a dream?
It's a simulation or game show?
The whole movie is being watched by executives after the fact?
It's a meta-horror movie, and the protagonists eventually address the camera, because we are the real monsters?

oh, supposedly YouTube is enchanted and can time-travel video.

what kind of stuff shows up in the subs? i downloaded a sub file and the only thing that was subtitled during that were their lines.

Sorry I'm back.

In the original Blair Witch Project, whenever you are watching it and they stop the sounds except for Heather walking through, if you pause right as she enters the house, there is a kid or skull peering through the window. Generally assumed to be a kid since there were the murdered children fucking up the tent previously in the film.

There's a bunch more easter eggs throughout the film. You can in fact see the Blair Witch, or the design of her, momentarily on the OG cut, isn't on the DVDs though.

wow sounds awesome

NOT

buried those cawksuckas

Fuck I love that movie, I really do. Some people are too young to remember when it came out but aside from Cannibal Holocaust and maybe some other fringe shit, something in this style on this scale was never done.

It really was the ARG/immersive element that did it, I caught the fake doc on TV one day and it really is a companion piece that makes more sense of the movie. You can't recapture that unless you scale it out and up, the only way it makes sense is to not even have it be a direct sequel.

Expand the extra storytelling and websites and make it about the house but don't even bother replicating the "lost in the woods documentary" shit. Hell, make a county contractor who finds some deed to a house that no longer exists and ramp up the easter egg thing, in the peripherals like the first Insidious movie. It's such a great concept to explore.

I guess that's the point, isn't it? A few indie kids made this strong and original movie and all these fucking studios with all their writers and money and CGI can't figure out how to build on it.

during the original filming, it was just the filmmakers, the actors and the crew. the studio bought it afterward and the only way they could "change" it was through editing.
i think the biggest problem with this new one (with that above paragraph in mind) is that the studio and execs clearly hand their fists up the asses of the production crew since day 1

Funfact:

This movie was initially advertised as it's own movie called "the Woods" My theatre got posters for it and everything, but last week we got NEW posters which look basically the same advertising it as "Blair Witch" instead.

I'm either assuming they're trying to viral market the fuck out of this or they're just retarded and relabeling it as a Blair Witch movie because they think it's going to fail.

Agreed.

It's really atmospheric as well, which a lot of horror films don't get nowadays.

I really enjoyed VHS in that regard, so I'm hoping that Wingard doesn't fuck this up too much.

It's really neat though what you can do on a limited budget. Creep was done on a $1000 budget, and I just did a fantasy film on roughly 1800-2000 (no CGI shit).

It's insane to think that films like Cisbusters has a budget of 150 million and looks like trash, compared to a film like Blue Ruin or other films with lower budgets but are monumentally better.