Do women not understand movies the same way they don't understand music? Pic related

Do women not understand movies the same way they don't understand music? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3GUbWZ81AY
youtube.com/watch?v=0IFNeP-N7Co
youtube.com/watch?v=ZahU3MsSzlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GmNqQYknnrE
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQqR-uOAS4
youtube.com/watch?v=oAczwhihCyk
youtube.com/watch?v=gzQM15neueQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e72A_MHnHDA
youtube.com/watch?v=pPjiT9iR8Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=WthKtOneZDM
youtube.com/watch?v=syeuhiGJIRs
youtube.com/watch?v=KDRx1ezNyII
mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2015_Final.pdf
mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2014.pdf
mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2013_032514-v2.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the ones that do are rare

Look user its deeper than that, you see women don't really have ambition except for family starting. Those that do go into careers are doing it to 'stick it to the man', not because they have a burning desire to become something more than the sum of their parts. And because of this they cannot connect with the kind of art that inspires you, because they have nothing to be inspired about.

this guy's right.

there are (rare) women who aren't driven 24/7 by "what is the rest of the herd doing"

these women are extremely unhappy because they don't fit in, and they'll take it out on you, so they're not worth bothering with either

They're more interested in what the singer looks like than what the music sounds like.

Also, wrong board fam.

>>>/mu/

thats not true, im a girl and I can connect to art just fine.

Wrong.

You are a tranny, not a girl

Well whatever, same thing applies to movies.

you know the rules

Connect to the statue in my pants bb

The rules don't apply when someone is asking for a females opinion or calls them out on something blatantly false

its not false but I don't expect you to have the insight to figure that out, keep deceiving yourself

Tits or GTFO, whore

The rules always apply. Not that there ever was a woman in this thread.

I'm a man and you're wrong.

Look I get it, you're young and hopeful, probably never had a girlfriend, so theres no reason for you not to believe when a girl says shes interested in X, Y, or Z. But with experience you will learn that they aren't really interested in anything more than the superficial, they are just really good at acting, its a survival instinct to keep the male around protecting the young. That is their sole interest in life.

When was the last time you had a deep conversation with a woman? Doesn't even have to be that "deep", even just discussing the obvious symbolism or themes of some normalfag entertainment counts. Not discussing characters or plot events that happened, I mean something a little deeper.
I can't think of a single one. Whenever I start, they zone out and just start nodding automatically, which is code for "this is way over her head but she'll still sleep with you if you stop nerding it up soon".

They always apply

TITS OR GTFO

Are you saying that women mirror men's interest as a survival mechanism?

Mozart's sister was a musician dude.

Was She famous as him or his father?

Bullshit, the only women on the internet are femishits and trannies.

It's a pain. What's the point of finding someone if you can't even connect on an intellectual level?

What's your favorite joint/flick/movie/film/kino???

Can't say I have one for any of those

ITT: permavirgins talk about women

You're not an "intellectual" then.

Just because I don't have divided up all the movies I liked in categories made up by an imageboard and then ranked them from worst to best?

Maybe you mean

Yeah, you're a real intellectual user. I bet your also one of those contrarion faggots who pretends the prequels are good npw.

I explained why I didn't like it in my post, what's wrong with what I said?

Fuck off, roastie!

You will never find a woman intellectually equal to you

Stopped reading there. It's a sin to lie and waste others time, user.

dude not joking

Yes, but to be fair, the same is true for most guys. People are plebes.

TITS OR GTFO

I know this is bait but

Why do you project your mother-figure onto every woman?

When you talk to a woman, you have to think of it as talking to a child, the only difference being is that you would stick your dick into her.

If you're not just shitposting you'll figure it out once you leave high school.

I hope you teased the shit out of her for liking such a terrible book. Women liking terrible things brings me joy because I get to make them the butt of many jokes to their faces.

what if i would rather stick my dick into a child?

The dude in that pic is a dweeb.

I laugh at the plebeians and their truly insignificant faces. I make sure to drag their faces into their own excrement that is their personal taste. When I'm finished, I laugh evilly and twirl my cape around. The fools never know what hit them.

So what you're saying is that she inherited the same genius musician genes as Mozart and yet never got anywhere?

Pretty much sums it up.

Mozart was a hack. Handel and Bach are way better.

lol nigga u serious nigga ha ha git out

See this is what we're talking about, you only do it for attention. TITS OR GTFO
just kidding I know you're a man but nice bait

Fucking modern women.

That pic is bullshit tho.
Are always grills saying that the singer are "litteraly talking to them, and the lyrics are about their life"

Yeh because they think the world revolves around them. Doesn't mean it insipres them, it just inflates their self-importance even more. When they listen to songs about pain and turmoil I can assure you they aren't contemplating the duality of man, more likely they think the song is about not being able to afford a bag they want or when a guy doesnt call.

You need to have a vagoo pussboi

Mmmmmm that actually make sense.

That was your first mistake user. They want someone caring and mysterious and hot while being a 5 at best

Then you fuck off to Masterchan, pedo scum.

Oh god it's so true, almost every cunt i looked at were ugly as sin. I ain't the best looking fucker on the planet, but even i felt odd looking at these desperate vapid shitheads.

Well it's a biased sample. If they were good looking they wouldn't need to be on a dating site to begin with. Of course they all want to think that they are 9s and just 'haven't had the opportunity to meet their Prince Charming yet', or at least that's what they tell themselves. In reality their subconscious probably knows their true objective - to be fawned over by a bunch of desperate betas online.

Lol, good thing i never said anything past "netflix and chill" to them, i mean ffs, half of these cunts write that they want someone to have an intellectual convo with, i say hello and then it's like i don't even exist. Shit, i even tried being somewhat more quirky and mentioning some of the jargon they wrote in their profiles and it still didn't get anywhere past a single response.

Women are truly idiots. The only pair of legs I'll ever have a chance with is basically the female equivalent of myself.

will this stupid viral marketing campaign never end?

They write that to not appear as sluts, in reality they are incapable of having an intellectual conversation. To some this may seem biased but not only have I myself tried this countless times but also I have seen a study that tested the theory and the result was that you can say whatever dumb shit you like as long as you have a hot photo, but if you don't have a hot photo you can try any avenue you like and for the most part will be ignored or at best get 1-2 replies out of courtesy.

This is why Tinder was such a success, it cut out the middleman, no more having to construct an elaborate (and mostly untrue) profile that shows how much you aren't a superficial slut, you just get to swipe left or right.

It takes a while to swallow this pill after decades of media brainwashing, but I am thankful for dating sites as they quite readily expose just how uninteresting and worthless most women are.

As much as I dislike the concept of Tinder its overall more in touch with reality and frees one to spend all of that effort instead on more meaningful projects.

tl;dr Don't look for intellectual, spiritual, or any other kind of fulfillment other than sexual in women. Put the least amount of effort possible into obtaining satiety and move on. If you can't get a 7+ on Tinder you certainly won't on OKC or anywhere else anyway, no matter how on point you think your game is.

Tinderslut thread?

This man right here is the king of baroque music. He's the classical equivalent of Overkill.

He stayed true to his (clerical) background, while traveling Italy and evolving his style, inspired by the beauty of the countryside.
He wasn't a womanizer, he was a man of church. He was the opposite of Casanova, a fellow Venetian.

Casanova didn't do jackshit and sold himself for money and favors. Vivaldi worked his ass off, studied, and remained a man of God for the rest of his life.

He didn't jump on the whorehouse train as soon as he left the Venice school of arts. He was a true gentleman and a man to look up to.
He's everything a true musician should hope to become. Inspired, humble, perfectionist.

Despite the fuckloads of names we get from that period of time between the late 1600s to the late 1800s, I think, without a doubt, that Vivaldi is the single greatest composer of all time, matched perhaps only by fellow Italian Giuseppe Verdi and Russian Tschaikovsky.

Bach? Rhymes with hack.
Mozart? The AC/DC of his time, overrated as fuck.
Paganini? Too revolutionary for his time, never really had a chance to show his powerlevel.
Beethoven? Too autistic to perform most of his works.
Chopin? The definition of overrated.
Grieg? Skilled, but ultimately too obsessed with his work to find true inspiration.

No one comes close to Vivaldi, because he wanted to capture the world with his music, not his ego.

What do you think of Schubert?

If Mozart is the musical equivalent of AC/DC, Schubert was the musical equivalent of Dream Theater. Incredibily talented, but in the end produced a lot of uninspired works.

I have similar thoughts about him. A pity he died so young, I think he might have reached more of his potential with a bit more time.

Okay, then. What's the musical equivalent of Kraftwerk?

Don't explain your reasoning.

No you fucking faggot. >>>/r9k/

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself as well.

>>>/christian/

Gas yourself.

Did you even read what I said?
I hate Tinder probably as much as you, that was't the point of my comment.

It doesnt 'change' anything, things were like this to begin with, you just assume otherwise either because of the media or because you don't have good looks and accepting this fact is accepting your own fate to never be successful with the opposite sex.

easy mass internet communication made it easier for whores to whore; now they have thousands of dicks ready to fuck them and thousands of betas ready to serve them with just a press on a touchscreen.

If only tinder worked for me, i probably only ever met a handful of real people on there, the rest were card scammers

pure cuck

no exceptions

you are truly the worst turk

Every. Fucking. Time

I mean, we talk shit specifically about women, but 90% of all normalfags are equally as bad.

You may be on to something. Using IQ as a basic metric (yes I know IQ is not perfect but it still is some indication), women are on average lower, meaning that finding a woman with high IQ is rarer. Now add that to the fact that any woman with half decent looks doesn't have to work as hard, that means they don't have to think as hard, so even if they originally had latent ability they wouldn't have developed it - so basically if you are with a half decent looking woman the chances are that they are the equivalent of a lower than average intelligence male at best.

That combined with the fact that they rely on 'muh emotions' instead of logic means that they simply have no framework to comprehend complex topics. It's not that they inherently have to be that way, its just very improbable that the contrary is true.

*tips fedora*

take it back to facebook, sport

Neat, pretension.

Listen here, cunt. This is an anonymous board for a reason, don't ask don't tell is in full effect here. When you decide to reveal your gender and it isn't cis male, you must provide proof of one of the following and include a timestamp:

Tits
Sharpie in pooper/vag
Shoe on head

This is, of course, provided you are still here. If ye have vacated the thread, then good fucking riddance, you're probably ugly anyway and on backpage.

You gotta be more direct, go straight for phone-number and with phone number, text her some stuff and then go directly for date.

Don't waste time on those bitches, all should be set up within a day or it's just a bust.

Be warned, lot's of catfishes in the internet dating-waters.

They are supposed to be the mothers to our kids in the future. Women is like water, they tend to adapt themselves to the environment and culture that they are put in. So, if you just treat them as cum-storage, they are never going to have your babies and be good mothers.

Be a man, think less of muh dick.

These are all by female composers:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3GUbWZ81AY
youtube.com/watch?v=0IFNeP-N7Co
youtube.com/watch?v=ZahU3MsSzlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GmNqQYknnrE
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQqR-uOAS4
youtube.com/watch?v=oAczwhihCyk
youtube.com/watch?v=gzQM15neueQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e72A_MHnHDA
youtube.com/watch?v=pPjiT9iR8Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=WthKtOneZDM
youtube.com/watch?v=syeuhiGJIRs
youtube.com/watch?v=KDRx1ezNyII

Every time.

Or maybe this has more to do with culture than sex.

TITS
OR
GTFO
YOU DISGUSTING BITCH

It has to do with culture and biology. But culture has it's basis in biology.

What exactly is stopping women from being good composers culturally?

I don't know, but it seems like American women don't compose much.

Right. And brown people perform worse in school because of socioeconomic problems?

That has no relation to what I'm talking about. Take it to Holla Forums.

Well then what the smeg ARE you talking about, gimboid?

I didn't mention brown people anywhere.

No but you're using the exact same argument style as egalitarians, are you really this dense???

>>>Holla Forums

I have no interest in talking about brown people with you.

Jesus christ you're stupid

I'm stupid because you want to debate me on a topic I never mentioned and have no interest in talking about? Yeah, ok.

No you fucking retard I was pointing out you were using the same argument people make about niggers, replace brown people with women.

Just kill yourself, its obvious you have the intellect of a nit.

Once again: I have no interest in this topic and never brought it up.

>>>Holla Forums

false equivalence

Women are a good deal below average. The statistic you are referencing is actually cherrypicked to fluff their averages up.

They do have to be. Their brains just don't function the same. It is a sickness that western society pretends there is equality in the first place. You need to identify where this sickness has colored your own judgement on women.

What does it mean to understand a movie or an album? Just being able to say "this is the message of the film/album" after watching/listening to it? It doesn't seem like that would be gender-specific. Maybe men would better understand masculine media and women would better understand feminine media, but that doesn't preclude cross-over. Some media isn't even made with male or female in mind.

it's when you shoot a logy out of your ass

Both of the people in this comic are fucking retarded.

The opposite is true. Most media is targeted either at males or females. Your confusion comes from the modern delusion that male interests default to being genderless so as to not exclude women. This is the entire push of feminism, which dominates the majority of media.

Let go of your delusions. Women have been masculinized. That is part of why they are such terrible people anymore.

You changed the word "some" to "most" when you quoted me. I agree that most media is gendered, but some is not. Even still, OP put forth the question that all females don't understand all movies and all music. This ignores the fact that a percentage of movies (and music) are made to be understandable to women, and another percentage are equally understandable to both genders. I imagine these percentages would have some degree of subjectivity, since whether a movie is deemed male or female depends upon the interpretation of the themes within it. Could you list interests (are you using this word as a synonym for "theme"?) that you find masculine and feminine? Are there any genderless themes? If women have been masculinized, why do they still have interests different from men?

Off-topic music question: if a song is instrumental, what determines which gender it belongs to?

The MPAA keeps records on gender ratios in the industry. On page 15 (of both years' reports) it finds that ticket sales and "share of moviegoers" are 50/50 for male and female. On page 21 of 2015's report and page 23 of 2014's report, they list gender ratios of individual movies (though only for top grossing ones). Going by audience demographics, the most masculine recent movie was 2013's Man of Steel, with a 60% male audiences, and the most feminine recent movie was 2014's Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, with a 57% female audience.
2015: mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2015_Final.pdf
2014: mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2014.pdf
2013: mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2013_032514-v2.pdf

I couldn't find any other data on audience demographics for individual films. The data also doesn't cover how people use movies as a social experience, so we can't see how many women went to Man of Steel because they wanted to spend time with their boyfriends, vice-versa for Hunger Games, and other situations like mixed-gender groups.

But the question isn't whether women watch movies, but whether they understand them. So, what percentage of Man of Steel's female audience understood it? What percentage of Hunger Game's male audience understood it? Using gendered approval ratings gets us no closer, because whether or not one understands a movie is not necessarily related to whether one likes it or not. How is "understanding" measured? Do you tell the person to write an essay on the film after seeing it? OP's pic implies that "understanding" a film means recognizing and appreciating the technical aspects of it, such as camerawork, composition, lighting, acting performances, etc. That would be less of a division between male and female, and more of a division between people who understand what goes into making a movie and people who don't. Another, broader interpretation of understanding a movie is, like I said, just being able to articulate the message behind it. Most top-grossing movies barely even have a message, like Jurassic World's "Don't play God or whatever, you'll get eaten." It wouldn't be that difficult for adults of either gender to understand that.

I'm so glad they moved the international pyschology symposiums onto 8ch.net/tv/.

No it doesn't. The "a" in each make different sounds.

not surprised

more importantly, the ch is a completely different sound than the ck

MAXIMUM WEW
A
X
I
M
U
M

W
E
W

Sorry, some people are just really good at pretending to be retarded.

its not about 'understanding' what the film was getting at (although women mostly fail at that too) its about connecting with the content on a deeper level, something that you can't do when your innermost desires are 'those shoes you saw the other day' and 'i wish the other wives were jealous of me'

You butthurt lefty faggots never fail to accidentally compliment Holla Forums.

wew

Could you give an example of connecting with the content on a deeper level? Does it mean just being emotionally invested in a film, sympathizing with what you're watching? If the hypothetical woman you describe watches a film where the main character shares those innermost desires and the plot is about her acting on her materialism, what's stopping the hypothetical female in the audience from connecting with it?

You also claim that women mostly fail to get the message of any given film. Could you link the source you're looking at?

The complete lack of famous female philosophers should be adequate to establish that. When you remove feminist philosophers who are famous for muh vagina, you've got very close to 0.

Not the person you're replying to.

reddit the post

I don't see how being a philosopher is necessary to grasp the message of a random movie. Many of them are tailored for the lowest common denominator and require little to no brainpower. The most profitable films for in the past 3 years include capeshit, Despicable Me 2, The Lego Movie, Jurassic World, and two Hunger Games movies. You don't have to be very smart to get the surface-level analysis that The Lego Movie is about letting children use their creativity and putting your child before your own desires.

I can understand how more complicated films would go over the heads of some females, but how many males also wouldn't get it?