Movie is 2 hours with cheeky banter with some lame attempt at a plot and action

Why am I watching Star Wars, the farce awakens?!
JEeeesus

There's something I didn't quite understand is the location. I know the general answer to any question about The Mary Sue Awakes is basically: "It just happens".

Did the entire movie take place in the same star system?

It bothers me that no one noticed a planet changing into a super-weapon in their own system. That think doesn't get made in a day or two, it might have taken years, perhaps a decade.

Well, this one is two hours of the same.

I don't mind coincidences, but there's a limit between believable one, and lazy writing.
Like how to be "evil", you need to actively choose to, because humans supposedly naturally is inclusive and thrive in diversity :^) .

I would say I would have rather seen how long it takes before George destroys the franchise, but three prequel-style movies is enough.

It's the spiritual sequel to Spaceballs. Just think about it. The silly incompetent childish villain you're supposed to laugh at, the self aware heroes…

I just don't know if he would have axed the projects Kennedy axed

Clone Wars had some good in it.

Who else /stillhasntseenit/ here?

congrats

you'll always have the EU.

Here.

No, that's the best part about it. The Hosnian system (aka not-coruscant) was a fuckload of lightyears from takodana (aka not-endor) and starkiller base (not-hoth) was equally as distant from both. But magically the galactic weather was clear enough that day where you could see a red beam of death fire trillions of miles to a location also trillions of miles away.

Which is now more fanfiction than ever

You know that Episode 8 is basically going to be Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Haha, no nigger. Try the Legend of Korra.

Really?
I'm ok with JewJew directing, but he shouldn't write scripts.

More like The Legend of Rey

If you really want to be picky you should also mention that even if they were magically able to see it they wouldn't see it at the same time due to light not travelling instantaneously. Rey and didn't would see it long after it had happened.

I dislike his directing style just as much as his scripts, it's really obnoxious and way too frenetic for my taste.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this trend in modern flicks. What's up with that? It's not as though shit like SW is so heavy that it needs to be lightened up, anyway, so it's extra jarring.

I never watched any of the Star Wars movies. I planned to watch them some day, but after observing the fan base for the movies over the years, I decided it probably wasn't for me.

Isn't that what the leaks said? Rey is the new chosen one, just like Anakin and many before him.

No, it'll be more like Avatar.
Korra lost fights, and two of her main enemies were an arrogant queen and a power-mad empress, both undone by their own hubris. Jewjew would never depict women as archvillains, unless they're being manipulated by evil men. Rey's "personality" really doesn't match Aang (doesn't want to fight) or Korra (doesn't want to wait), either. She's closer to Katara (humble origins, way stronger than she has any right to be, never called on her bullshit) than any one else in the cast.

what the fuck happened in that gif

I disagree with you user. Rey is exactly like Korra after they rebooted the character in the second season. Both know how to use their power without having to go through a series of basic learning. They are never hold accountable for their mistakes (if they ever make a mistake), they're both arrogant know-it-all bitches.
It's a problem that I find in every "young stronk female character" written these days. We don't see them weak or having to learn how to fight or survive.

There are only 3 Star Wars movies (Episodes IV, V and VI), just like there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies.

Cartoon or CG show?

You're not missing anything.

Wasn't a reboot so much as she didn't learn anything in the first season because all she did was play fucking probending and angst over Mako.

M8, there was literally a timeskip of thirteen years for the first three elements. And another timeskip of six months for airbending. We already saw Aang learning all the elements. I didn't want to see that again.

Tonraq: "Because you saved me, there will be war."
Lin: "Thanks for starting a war, Avatar."
Mako: "You screwed up the world, Korra."

Rewatch season two. She is literally blamed for everything, including shit she didn't do.

Korra spends the first two episodes bitching that she wants to learn more because she's not good enough. Her problem is she's impatient and she feels no one trusts her, which is proven right when she finds out her father, mother and mentor were lying to her her whole life. Tenzin, Mako, Lin and her uncle and her father all call her a fuckup
Rey is never called out on anything. Everyone likes her. Korra has children calling her a bastard because she was convinced through bad counsel that she shouldn't intervene in the north's invasion of the south or she'd be responsible for the ensuing civil war.

Korra is symbolically raped three times in the series. Amon stole her bending and Aang had to save her. Unalaq ripped Raava out of her, and she loses her past lives forever. Zaheer breaks her back and she spends three and half in-universe years (nine whole episodes) recovering from it.

I think you've internalised a perception of Korra that's not borne out in the show, which you use to justify your hated of her.

Underrated post.

Thank you Chuck Wending you piece of shit…

Just fucking right.

I learned my lesson from the Prequels.

The stick broke and he hit his head.
He fell because he went to lean on the stick, so when it broke he already had his weight shifted towards the table.

That's what you get for wearing fedoras.