Did Mystery Science Theater deserve this?

Did Mystery Science Theater deserve this?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/cow/res/183697.html#q186831
8ch.net/cow/res/183697.html#186831
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welp, that's gonna tank.

Wheaton on suicide watch

Wait. I thought this was kickstarted. So now they got that netflix money involved. Are they doing the usual netflix style release of just dumping the whole season all at once?

You can't bring back MST3K. It was basically a show for its time, and it simply will not work now. Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic are about as close as you will get to it.

It is going to be crap. The type of people that generally like shows that riff on movies are not generally the type of people that would like the 2016 Ghostbusters, and don't want to check their privilege.

Let's all face facts. MST3K is over, and it's time to move on.

kek well he does miss his wife, and Day dosen't have much time left

Which one is the best?

Rifftrax have a whole bunch of people doing the commenting in different videos, so it's very hit and miss. If you enjoyed MST3K, you'll probably like most of them.
I can't talk about Cinematic Titanic because I'm not too familiar with it.

How is Rifftrax doing nowadays? I started tuning out with that Gamergate joke, not because I'm a staunch defender of GG, but because those kind of jokes get stale fast. Please tell me they don't make Trump jokes every half an hour to please some idiots. I liked it when they made jokes out of anyone, but then stopped doing gay jokes because THAT'S WRONG GUIZE :(

I think Cinematic Titanic is a live show only

I'm sure both parties are fair game

I can't wait until this show fails horribly and people start tweeting at Fatton Cuckold that it is as dead as his wife.

no but the tvtropes/TGWTG faggots who latched onto it decades after the fact sure as fuck deserve it.

MST3K was always Reddit-tier garbage

She likes it old and wrinkly.

Wasn't there some extremely minor controversy about this years ago? I seem to remember people getting upset over Mike making a gay joke at a convention.

MST3K was infiltrated by goons. Of course it's going to be shit now.

Precisely. They used to make gay jokes here and there sometimes, but stopped at some point. Shame. Faggots say they can take shit but the moment you call them gay they crumble and cry.

Only the ones involved in social justice.

Is this a natural evolution?

More proof that Mike is better than Joel.

No, if he were honest to his roots he would crowd source small-time talent too, maybe go through a round of auditions, but Joel is a sellout hack.

…or her boyfriend is like Louis CK.

Seriously?

A younger woman who is financially well off and yet is with a fat old guy is a sign that the woman is either insane or has venereal diseases and therefore has lowered her standards significantly.

Rifftrax is Mike and CT is Joel. They have different styles and depending on which host you like better, you will probably like that one better. I prefer Rifftrax but Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff from CT are great.

The recent reunion show had all of them including Jonah Ray. I think Jonah Ray is a huge faggot but he did have some good riffs. Some of his jokes were typical lefty bullshit which leads me to believe that the new iteration of MST3K will be pretty pozzed.

Is it true Patton Oswalt beat his wife to death? Let's ask him on Twitter.

He poisoned her.

Reddit3k was shit for normalfags though, as is redditrax. Fuck that shit and them.

Sorry guys, my bad.

Of course it's going to fucking suck, but you should criticize it on merit (or lack thereof) instead of giving them easy ammunition.

For what? Shooting themselves in the foot? Don't be a kike.

take the idpol back to reddipol, newfag

Well…Mike is a SA Goon, but he barely hung out there (because he knows the SA forums are a cess pool of shit).

Apparently Mike warned Joel how toxic Felicia can be, telling him to be careful with using her.

Joel is a lefty bookworm though if you've go through the old episodes though. A lot of the skits were vague references to books and philosophers no one gives a shit about.

>>>/reddit/

How the fuck is this person still around. She' famous but she's done nothing of note. HOW?

sauce?

He's very right-wing Christian

8ch.net/cow/res/183697.html#q186831

8ch.net/cow/res/183697.html#186831

Hopefully I did it right this time.

Like Chris Hardwick, she created an everygeek brand empire with connections

just fucking end it all

just fuck my show up fam

Here's a preview.

This

Fuck off millennial trash.

You're retarded. That's literally like saying Jew Jew is better than Lucas.

YEAH YEAH GIRL OH YEAH GOLD BOOTS YEAH GIRL YEAH HEY HEY BABY GOLD BOOTS MM MM

fuck that song

>>>/ovens/

She positioned herself as a "geek" which hollywood assumes is accurate and keep hiring her to do shit like this. Except she isn't and never will be, but when did facts get in the way?

They made a Trump joke during their e-begging for money to make the new show, which got me to withdraw the cash I had pledged for it.

Then it was revealed that Felicia Day was the new mad and some super uber-left wing nigger was the new voice of Tom Servo and I felt stupid for impulse-pledging dosh for the revival of my favorite show of all time.

The poz in this one's going to be overwhelming.

That all said, I do find it hilarious in a why would you do that way that Joel and whoever was writing the e-begging blurbs would think it would be a good idea to alienate approx. half of the potential buyers of their new product.

And then it got funded like six times what they were asking so fuck me, where do liberals get all that money? They don't work

You dumb bastard.

It got funded because of nostalgia and liberals that agreed with their social media's display of politics.

Also it wouldn't be surprising if a few of those involved funded it with a few million to help prop up the project so that it would look more popular.

If you don't have enough money to not work then you don't have enough to be a liberal. They're all upper middle class who get "jobs" doing nothing (i.e. giving talks to people who don't care but have to listen to it for an hour or get fired) at insane pay rates. It's an exploitation racket where you WILL hire special snowflake or they will fuck you over on social media. So you pay them the money just to shut them up as it's cheaper.

Exploitation money + Daddy's bucks = they can find shit like this.

Also, don't expect the funding to have come from liberal retards exclusively. Normies are now "geeks" this sort of thing is right up their alley. They can watch mainstream movies like star wars and feel extra nerdy because of the people making fun of it "being nerds" and telling jokes they understand.

It's a shit show to begin with. 3 fucking silhouettes making shitty commentary about terrible movies.

Its the equivalent of visual cuckoldry. You're enjoying people watching things instead of watching the thing in the frist damn place.

Faggot, it's shit. I watched an episode and it was the most boring thing I've ever watched in my life.

A criticism leveled at almost every piece of entertainment ever made. Often voiced by the dim and slow-witted.

>>>/reddit/

Hi Reddit, MST3K was literally never funny.

Stop posting this passive, obnoxious fucking word in every thread you stupid piece of shit.

The only reason MST3K worked was because it came out before the internet age. Now anybody can record themselves watching shitty movies in their basements while cracking jokes and release them on Youtube and make money off of it via Patreon, including hundreds of thousands of people funnier and more likable than Felicia Day, Patton Oswalt etc. Hell, the reviews of shitty movies Nostalgia Critic does is basically the modern day equivalent of MST3K.

Yeah but only mst3k was funny, and you know successful.

I know (I'm not a fan of Nostalgia Critic myself), but you get the point I'm trying to make.

They will not stop until everything is ruined or we make them stop.

How enlightened do you have to be to type that with a straight face?

What the fuck is she even famous for? She's like Kim Kardashian.
No actually, that's not right, because Kardashian got famous from a sextape. I have no fucking clue what Day ever did.

a lot of jewish "men"

More like Misery Science Theater.

Name a single thing Felicia Day did wrong.

Danced for all of 6 seconds in a glass elevator.

Name a single thing she did right.

That one episode in House where her brain was not working properly

Felicia Day is something of a mystery for me. Im not a burger, but I'm more or less aware of where do some of your celebrities got famous, maybe even saw the show or an episode where they appeared.
But never Felicia Day. At least I know where Wheaton came from and how he keeps "guest star" appearing on BBT, but not Day. I sure dislike her whenever I see her, especially how they call her hot or attractive. I can go to a local con and find chicks more attractive than her in no time.

Or she just knows the only way she has a career is if she sticks with these people with better connections than her.

Riffing on bad movies oddly isn't done often. Reviews are easy to come by, but that's a more condensed activity and isn't really pressuring people time-wise.

If you look at MST3K's 'first' season you'll see how there are those dead periods where no one really says much anything, versus when they got on cable and changed things up by planning out jokes for the different periods.

It does show a bit of the greed at work here that rather than try doing a youtube show that depends on that ad revenue that they instead tried e-begging for donations and in the end end up getting a Netflix deal which will just garner them even more money.

If they just wanted to get a pilot going then there was really very little reason to need millions of dollars, especially since they could have gotten some public domain movies to joke over to help show what they could do on Netflix.

She's an attractive woman who lacked onto beta males for fame. Low hanging fruit etc.

She was really cute on Buffy.

Every girl I've ever dated or slept with has been more attractive than her, including the fat one.

so only the fat one?

Seriously, fuck off samefag

That's not a scooner.

Now listen here, whelp

you filthy N'wah!

Yeah I went to the reunion too and when I saw that this hipster douche in hornrimed glasses, t-shirt, suitcoat, and FUCKING SWEAT PANTS was the guy in charge of the reboot my hops were dashed

And dashed again when he revealed he's not funny and also a leftie who can't shut the fuck up

Acktually faggot can take it hehe
The SJW are the one that ride to defend the honor of fags.
Look at Priscilla Queen of the desert one of the few good gay movies I've yet to met a homosexual that don't like it but have yet to met a genderfluid pandemibreadsexual that can stand it

My dad funded it and he can't wait for Trump

But he's not keyed into internet bullshit and doesn't know who any of these fuckers are.

I'm telling him not to get his hopes up

Joel was always left. You don't remember a lot of his shitty skits (he was really pretentious with some of them). Mike had better skits in the long run. What made the show great was you had different kinds of people working on it with their different senses of humor.

Sadly, the newer generations won't get a lot of jokes from the original MST seasons because those jokes were meant for a generation that experienced [shitty] media from the 50s-80s. Even the crew admitted they made a lot of inside jokes only they grasped (because again, Joel was in his own world half of the time).

Made Dragon Age even worse with her bullshit Mary Sue.

She was on an Internet show called "The Guild." She was kinda cute as a mage.

Betas are easy to persuade if you're a girl.

Mike, with Kevin and Bill, did the hard work of sustaining the flame of MST3k through an indie company that succeeded for over a decade.

Joel, failed in all his other post-mst3k career attempts including his mid 2000s Rifftrax copy Cinematic Titanic, is using brand name recognition to attempt to breathe life into the corpse whose spirit is already alive walking strong with Mike, Kevin, and Bill over at Rifftrax.

Everything about this is pathetic. There already is an MST3k heir in Rifftrax. It's hilarious and great and many fans love it.

This whole thing is nothing but a power grab, like an old highschool linebacker who can't let go of the state trophy he won at 17 right before he dropped out of college and spent the next 3 decades watching his peers supersede him in all areas of achievement

Mike and the others had some failures too (No really, this game was a piece of fucking shit).

Joel's Cinema Titanic wasn't too bad, but it was more of a "I'll do it for fun" cash grab. Rifftrax riffing on Dark Knight was horrible because that movie was actually good.

Dude, why the fuck?

Cinematic Titanic was a disaster. It wasn't a cash grab any more than the mst3k reboot is a cash grab - it's an irrelevant, otherwise unsuccessful old man's attempt at reviving a long dead glory on name recognition.

Unlike the rifftrax crew, Joel and his CT proved that they didn't maintain the funny over the years. They bombed, hard, bad, and consistently. The whole new mst3k project reeks of a stench of failure and desperation.

Now that it seems that they're going to go full Sarkeesian, it looks like we're going to have this ageing boomer dork humiliate himself while he unwittingly drags down a few gen-X c-grade failed comics with him, all under the umbrella of the mst3k brand name that THE RIFFTRAX GUYS WERE BASICALLY CARRYING ON SUCCESSFULLY UNTIL THIS LOSER JOEL HAD TO STICK HIS NOSE IN AND CAUSE THIS HOT STEAMY MESS

No… No it didn't and Joel can fuck off.

But at least now the Joel vs Mike shit is over. Mike won out in the end.

You loveable cunt.

You know what else failed hard? The Film Crew by Mike Nelson (which later became Rifftrax).

CT had its funny moments. No one is diagreeing with you that the new MST3k looks like a potential disaster. It's nearly a year, and what's came out of it so far? Patton being a twat, and something with Netflix money despite Joel made a shit load off Kickstarter to actually get shit done.

Film Crew was nowhere near the shameful disaster of CT, primarily because they didnt' bankroll all the efforts independently. Joel's crew couldn't even have gotten the offer that Film Crew had if they shopped around.

Our universe currently runs on memes and monkey's paw logic. It's fucking wild.

So the only thing you should want is more memes.

Not when the normalfags are using memes to tumblrfy everything. Memes were a mistake.

Film Crew was almost impossible to watch, and didn't even get past the pilot season.

Oh my god, you weren't kidding (I watched some horror movie about tiki gods. Only two jokes were funny). I can't believe I almost paid $60 for a seat.

They riff on plenty off decent movies and it works fine. The original Star Wars trilogy & the LOTR trilogy are both funny because they make lots of jokes which show off how much they know (or at least looked up) about the material. They're respectful, because they like the movies, but they still poke fun at the dumb stuff that happens.

Can't believe there are so many underage kids here who hate on old MST3K.

reddipol triggered as fuck

That's all good if the riffs acknowledge that the movie was great, but the Dark Knight one was piss-awful because it tried to make a great movie look bad.

Underage kids aren't going to get half of the jokes from the original series, fam. It's like someone comes up to you, and makes a joke about something from 1900 or 1875.

You know most of season 1 and the pilot were really unwatchable despite a few good episodes like SST Death Pilot and Robot Holocaust, right?

Shut up, Wesley (or Felicia Day).

I saw this show on netflix and it was fucking stupid. What's all the hype about?

Go to bed Felicia

That really wasn't funny, or even particularly sensical, when it first came out, and it still really isn't.

The Don is bad because his ancestors changed their name? Is that the jist of it? (((Jon Stewart))) did the exact same thing and got all asshurt when The Don called him out on it, I seem to recall.

The live shows were WAY funnier than the DVDs were. The DVDs were fucking terrible and I barely laughed, but I went to three live shows and yeah, they were all breddy guud.

Are there any links that might have the live shows?

It's Death Flight.

Moon Zero Two, Project Moonbase, Black Scorpion, Phase IV, and The Last Chase, don't hurt me, I actually thought that was an okay KTMA episode were all pretty funny too.

but the new one has a LIBRUL and I must virtue signal against perceived LIBRULS on anonymous imageboards because I'm a pathetic millennial with no identity outside of lamestream media non-issues #trumpcuck #duckspeak #wageslave

Fixed that for ya

Thanks for the correction. Robot Holocaust was pretty good though.

I've seen them all (even KTMA) four or five timess, I am the guy when it comes to MST3K & Rifftrax. But C.T. was mediocre and this new version is gonna suck, no doubt. I've lost most of my respect for Joel. People should spam this image at Joel and the new crew.

Mike had the better host segments, agreed totally there.

But I was talking about an actual literal uber left wing nigger. Like. Not Joel, but some jigaboo that they have voicing Tom Servo now. I decided to look him up and his routine is virtually entirely the standard issue stupid "Da white man be gettin me down, vote Hillary, Fuck da NRA" etc. type of shit that every nigger "comedian" does these days. If there's one thing that I find funny, boy howdy, it's TOWING THE PARTY LINE HARD AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE

No shit nigger, I grew up watching MST3K with my dad like all the time.

MST is pretty much exactly in the demographic of people that are on here, which is to say 21-30 year old men. This board ain't that young.

Minus you

I would assume this baord has a sad amount of 16-20 year olds tbh. hey I'm 31 i'm … still one of you kids right?

but yeah, you can't be a leftist and then try to use attack humor. It just comes off as you being butthurt and retaliating. Just doesn't work.

aaaand that's part of why this new series is going to flop at best, or be inundated by anonymous trolling that slowly whittles away their sense of accomplishment and enjoyment (of which I will certainly take a part and enjoy doing so)

MST3K

What else can they dig up, shit on, then prop up like it's new and improved and attack me for disliking?

Goonies?
Gremlins?
Predator with a stronk woman who don't need no man lead remake?
Farscape rebooted with all blacks and women doing gay stuff?

Seriously, doneski.

Get back to retirement home gramps!

Damn, I guess I just might be the oldest one here.

anyone else notice that the younger generation can only talk about gender and race and social justice? it's starting to freak me out. I come here to get away from that stuff, dont need to see that shit here.

31 here. I disagree, you can't escape it no matter what your age. There's no way to avoid talking about it. It affects the culture at large and in every way, not just the young culture.

Scram back to snapchat and whatsapp containment spheres where you belong

This is gonna be like another Ghostbusters. The hatred and bile spewed to him online is going to be the main attraction

I'm only two of those posts

If Current Year Man had done research, he'd have found that there was never a Drumpf name. Donald's great grandfather was called Trumpf, and the "F" was dropped to Anglicise it when they emigrated to an Anglosphere country.

Somehow, I don't think the Anglicised version of Liebowitz is Stewart.

>>>Holla Forums

No Mirror-Tumblr, it is you who has to go back: >>>Holla Forums

Louis? That you, man?

You forgot to add a jab against cumskins in your post, matey. Come on, you know you want to.

it's going to be too good and over produced

it needs a good dose of shit too succeed for the cult camp crowd

in other words,it needs to be as bad as the movies it laughs at

Did you make any beer with them?

>>>/reddit/

No I just jumped and ran

gotta give you credit, 'fam', that's the least applicable use of the word cuck you'll see outside of Holla Forums

link?

Back to the Future Current Year, a plucky wacky nerdy adorable genius scientist tinkerer pansexual proud black wymyngyrl gets sent back to the past, accidentally interrupting the moment her racemixing jewish and black parents meet.
Can she reunite these two while dealing with the horrors of the cisgendered patriarchy of whitey America and save her pedophile dad from hanging for looking at her coalburning mom?

Without fail.

>>>/oven/

Honestly, it peaked with the Mayor. Subpar death aside, that was the best the series ever got.

Fucking shitlord.

You're not wrong.