So the CGI in Star Trek Discovery looks pretty terrible

So the CGI in Star Trek Discovery looks pretty terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefederalist.com/2015/09/15/how-star-trek-explains-the-decline-of-liberalism/#disqus_thread
collider.com/new-star-trek-series-details/
theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/08/simon-pegg-defends-gay-sulu-after-george-takei-criticism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_kiss_episode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It looks bad because it was quickly made (they never waste time and money on the rendering a CGI shot for a show that hasn't even started filming yet).

It's based on a rejected design that should've stayed in the trash.
I hope it's not the final version. It looks so old.

There's too much fantasy fiction in the world, it's making people stupid. It's rotting their brains.

Looks like it was made in Blender an hour before the trailer aired.
Also why does the ship have lights on the outside illuminated the exterior of the ship?

Gee maybe if you faggots stopped giving them money they might have a reason to start putting effort into these turds?

take a look at this hothead

Wow, it looks like a 90s video game.

tfw we'll never have a Star Trek show that follows the crew of a federation warship in the middle of an intergalactic war. Always the same preachy shit "look at us wearing pyjamas, we're so progressive".

Judging from the registration number of the USS Discovery the series takes place between Enterprise and TOS.

I thought it was confirmed between Star Trek 6 and TNG.

Did a D-7 rape a prostitution class?

That ship is ass

This has been a thing in every Star Trek except for TOS. The intent is to illuminate the ship's registry markings painted on the hull.

Yeah, it's based on some old designs by Ralph McQuarrie from the early development of TOS "Phase II" / The Motion Picture. It wasn't particularly good, but it still looks better than what the Discovery trailer presents.

The Discover design looks like the artists learned all the wrong lessons from the NX-01.

Yeah, I totally gave them money to do this shit.

I quite like it. It looks like something from the original movies, which is appropriate for the time period the show will be set in. Mostly, i'm just glad it doesn't look like the JJ Enterprise.

It's the same ship as in McQuarrie's design, they just added more details on the saucer part. It's still fugly.

The NX-01 was nice. The CGI stuff in ENT didn't age well (it looked already bad at the time).

I can handle bad CGI if the story is good, if it's SJW bullshit then I'm out.

Don't forget what show we're talking about here.

>One of the most beautiful things of Star Trek is that you have people who see this show and they want to be scientists, they want to make it into space, we have to celebrate a progression of our species, because it seems right now we as a species need a little help. There’s nothing like the guiding light that Gene Roddenberry hung high in the sky. - Bryan Fuller

DS9 turned out ok, ToS was good too especially since they were more innocent about communism then and genuinely believed a chimp could be elevated to a space switchboard operator. TNG was also pretty good.
It's SJW bullshit if it's obvious ham fisted pandering and injection of idiotic bullshit issues.

Obligatory link for when SJWism comes up in the context of Star Trek:

thefederalist.com/2015/09/15/how-star-trek-explains-the-decline-of-liberalism/#disqus_thread

USS Discovery is NCC-1031.

Enterprise is NX-01 (ent)

USS Kelvin is NCC-0514 (kirk's father)

USS Enterprise is NCC-1701 (tos)

USS Excelsior is NCC-2000 (st6)

USS Voyager is NCC-74656 (voy)

USS Defiant NX-74205 (ds9)

These faggots are always talking about IFL scientism, not science. They think science is magic, devoid of the same human failings that exist in every other human pursuit, and that history is on a continual march toward an nebulous ill-defined utopian "progress" and that looking at Hubble telescope pictures effectively replaces what a spiritual/religious experience provides. But that's Star Trek I guess.

I'll just take the space ship fights, lizard monsters and girls in miniskirts thanks.

*pew pew spolsion sounds in space*

muh science

Exactly, and if a character dares to not share the same ideals as the almighty Federation, they'll send a ship to destroy him from orbit.

just as long as they don't fag this up by having time travel in the first episode or two

Star Truck has a lot of problems, this being an obvious one. The humans are the best life forms in the universe and all the aliens are just a particular human vice exaggerated to extremes.

Humans are people.
Vulcans are logical.
Ferengi are greedy.
Klingons are violent.
etc etc etc

It's almost like the show was made by humans and possess an audience that needs something both familiar and Alien. An amorphous gas people who communicate exclusively through interpretive dance would be different but no one would get it or empathize with it.

More like "humans are perfect" (except the humans from ENT, they were still people)

Unless you have the misfortune of being this guy.

possibilty 1: its enterprise all over again, fan service and retro active retcons to tng events
possibility 2: its a ship being rebuilt, saved form the scrapyard, in a joint exploratory venture with the klingon empire in a stargate universe way
possibility 3: the rusty logo suggests its the far future, the earth adn the federation is long gone but this forgotten old ship is found adrift in space and fixed up to start rebuilding the federtion again andromeda style.

That's not how space works. Ships would be so far apart you wouldn't be able to see such details.

Okay. I don't watch it, I just thought it was a bit odd.

I never said it made sense. Go complain about it to Matt Jefferies, he's the one who introduced it to Star Trek's aesthetic.

I know nothing about Warhammer except the memes and the nice art style. If I wanted to know more, where should I start?

a torrent of all the horus heresy books.

Holy shit you're a retard. HH is incredibly hit or miss and it's 30k to boot.

Start with Gaunts Ghosts.

Are you sure that's real? The studio would debut their trailer on their own channel.

Wow, stop posting any time.

Books like Flight of the Eisenstein and Fulgrim/the first heretic are excellent examples of the pre and post heresy astartes mindsets.

The two Inquisition trilogies by Abnett, Gaunt's Ghosts, Dawn of War games, Titanicus, also by Abnett.

HH goes to complete shit past book 8, and it's clear all the writers, Abnett, included, have swallowed the blue pill hard.

And by that you mean the Legion Astrates are filthy, heretical shits that didn't worship the Emperor and thought they, much like the Primarchs, knew better than Him.

IGfags are insufferable.

I'm a Lectitio Divinitatus man myself. HH is pretty much "Emperor told you not to do stupid shit, yet you did it anyway and now it's His fault somehow" liberal whining.

Luna wolf pls go.

Jesus, just let Star Trek rest and die already. It's science fiction from a time where people still had to do most of the work, but now we're heading sans inevitable nuclear war and soylent factories towards a future where humanity is more cerebral and has a mind-numbing supervising job. Science fiction stopped being so big scale because we've realized that we will never get out of this dumb rock before we die, and we're doomed to perish here. That's why nowadays we focus more on cyberpunk shit and global warming shit and infosec shit and people having interpersonal dramas in a high-future setting, because we will never find aliens, never ever, or habitable planets, or ftl travel. Star trek was an optimistic future portrayal, but now it's just cynical, a reminder that we're as good as dead.

And Horus was just a scared little bitch afraid of dying.

Sci-fi is shit because leftists have taken over, and as anything else that is controlled by leftists, it becomes shit by definition.

Also most jobs are by robots and we're heading there so it's useless to portray humans as doing anything other than being at a space mission control

Its almost like this genetically engineered demigods were flawed by their innate humanity and a cosmic evil preyed on that like a manipulative form of character development that went counter to your power fantasy :^)

How fucking hard is it to listen to the Emperor?

I'm serious here, He's the fucking Emperor. It's not like he told them anything too complicated, yet they still chimp out.

If by "cosmic evil" you mean nu-male Marxist cucks, yeah.

The thing that pisses me off the most about HH is how fucking childish everyone keeps acting. It's like the cuck authors couldn't think up any smart reasons for the Primarchs to chimp out.

Hours rebels because daddy wasn't paying attention to him and he was afraid of dying. Magnus kept being a complete moron despite repeated explanations why the Warp is dangerous, Fulgrim was just a flamboyant faggot, Lorgar got upset when the predictable happened after he broke the rules.

And they don't even give a good reason why the Emperor forbids religion, even the one worshiping Himself. I would have found the exploration of the Emperor's concerns of having a Warp entity bearing his name being memed into existence to be interesting fodder for discussion, or even the idea of starving Chaos out.

But nope, gotta shove in more female Mary Sues and niggers in the setting.

Brainwashing pleb masses into believing in fictional non-existent things?

That's only because (((they))) are busy wasting all the time and money we could be using researching this on welfare for parasites and muh divershitty.

.t twelve year old Space Marine kiddies.

Thanks

This REEKS of stormfag.

t. cuck

Yeah thats goonspeak bro.

Isn't it based on Jew Jews ST?
So it doesn't matter since it'll shit over everything anyway if need be?

When do they announce the transgendered black midget captain?

t. goon.

nope. "Prime" timeline. it's clean.

Am I supposed to be surprised?

Fucking landlubber.

Midgets are unattractive so they'd never do it despite these faggots' supposed need for diversity. But we might see a tranny black pansexual captain with assburgers in 2 years or so.

Tell me, captain. If the Federation is so great, then why does your ship look like it came out of a bad video game?

I kinda want too see peter dinklage as a captain now

I think they look rather impressive, Captain.

Besides, even if that were true, they look better than smoldering wreckage they happen to create during their tour of duty.

The first officer will be gay. The science officer is guaranteed to be a women or black guy. The white guy will be the captain's steward and every red shirt.
Set your phaser to POZ in January!

Frell you.

Isn't it interesting that the main demographic that watches this shit is straight white males and yet studios still think it's a good idea to shit all over that demographic. It's gonna be Ghostbusters all over again. I can't wait to see more Hollywood studios and franchises tank because of prioritizing """""""progress""""""" over reality. It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion. Delicious schadenfreude.

I remember when the first trailer of Axanar went out, most of the people who were making shitty quality Trek fan movies were butthurt over the high quality production of Axanar. Some were even happy to see the Axanar people getting sued by CBS/Paramount.
They refused to understand that the reaction from CBS/Paramount over Axanar and the whole business of fan films was bound to happen. Technology changed fast. Nowdays a guy with a computer in his bedroom can make great quality CGI scenes, sets are easier to build than before. They were all jealous that Axanar got a lot of press while they spend decades doing potato-quality fanfilms.

You won't see the same reaction with the trekkies. A lot of them are pozzed, Trek is like a religion (TOS was created by a marxist). They won't react like the Ghostbusters fans, they'll welcome muh progress without the lube.

is that normal?

What is magnification?

This new Star Trek isn't a reboot or openly hostile towards its audience like Ballbusters was, so moviegoers probably won't care and see it anyway.

Yes. Sometimes an episode is out of the editing room a few days before it airs.*
Like you said, the show is supposed to air in january and they still haven't annouced the cast. It might be a decision from CBS to avoid any confusion with the ST movie, but I find it weird that they didn't release something at the SDCC (excepted for the shitty CGI promo).

Earlier this month (I think), Bryan Fuller posted on twitter a pic of the captain's chair, it wasn't finished yet (only the wooden parts were assembled).

* I was gonna talk about South Park but I think that's the exception in the business. They can deliver a 20 mn episode in less than a week (writing, voices, animation) because everything is done in house. The rest of the animated shows (The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) take months to make because all the animation is done in South Korea. South Park made a documentary called "6 days to air", you should check it out

Trek fans are often the worst kind of autists.

Oh my yes.

That's because said demographic is also a bunch of pozzed beta males.

collider.com/new-star-trek-series-details/

I'm not even Holla Forums but even I find this fishy.

So basically this is going to be pure, distilled cancer

Basically yeah. But the Big Bazinga Theory fags will love it.

Fuller is gay, so… yeah the push for LGBT characters isn't surprising.

A part of me wants to see a fully pozzed Star Trek with tumblr language instead of technobabble.

I agree. Throwing some crazy gender pronouns in there along with "spliced" otherkins would make my day.

So how is Star Trek Beyond Awful?

Outside of Rotten Tomatoes, most of the reviews are saying its okay, average, could've been better or nothing like Star Trek, but they all praise the special effects. Most of the TV spots only mention the Rotten Tomatoes meter as their main selling point.
Personally, it felt like a generic scifi action flick. Most discussions about the film on other sites get derailed by SJWs talking about change and attacking anyone who dislikes the film as seen here: theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/08/simon-pegg-defends-gay-sulu-after-george-takei-criticism

The movie did pretty good during its opening but its looking to gross lower than its predecessors.

So the villain in this is basically a nigger having a chimp out?

Yes. But they'll never admit it.

I felt this move felt more star treky than the first two. But it did have some problems but also some highlights

I like this twist.

God, I love the old days when they'd do shit like this. The progressives could have a wank over how progressive it was and the rest of us could have a wank over two hot babes making out

this.

Keep it up, your posts are good OC crazy Bizzaro Plinketto.

This will be two pink haired ugly bull dykes in the new show.

Back then they didn't do it for political shit or to try and be progressive or virtue signal. I mean hell, they even had a hot ass episode that you just knew they made for us to fap to but wouldn't fly today because it would be sexist.

Also unrelated and I hate TNG, but vid-related always got my rocks off back in the day.

One of them played by Lena Dunham!

They did, in a way. They knew gays cause controversy, they knew that controversy meant better ratings. So they'd show two women kissing, because it was homosexuality so it was controversial, but it was two women so they knew most of the anti-homosexual contingent wouldn't get too angry about it, as they would if it were two men instead.

It was basically a win-win for everybody. But no, can't have that any more.

That episode was terrible.

Coincidence?

No

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_kiss_episode

I saw it the other day, it was way better than Into Dankness. I thought it really felt like what a Star Trek movie should be.

A movie about gay adoption…

So it should be some mind numbing Star Wars-esque garbage that doesn't use both wits and brawn while showcasing cleverly thought out dilemmas and universal exploration and only panders to the masses and tumblrites while being as simplistic as possible? Good to know it should be that way from now on and that we should all have such weak taste.

What are the current box office results? Anyone?

Congratulations on designing an uncontrollable ship that can not be docked. If you design a small ship, you can also get away with having no reverse thrusters because it can just turn around quickly to counter the majority of its forward thrust. The only improvement of this design is that, unlike the enterprise, the engines are (basically) in line with the center of mass, so it won't fucking pitch down if the engines provided a reverse force on it (which would need to happen if you don't want to collide with some shipyard you're docking on.)

>But, once we get the government to stop subsidizing niggers, instead of focusing on getting a balanced budget or making the government relinquish control of the money supply and interest rates so it can't easily destroy the economy, we should take all that money and give it to the people at NASA who are shielded from all market forces and will totally be efficient at providing their promised goods in the same way any monopoly always provides goods at a lower price and a higher quality
oh, wait, that's the exact fucking opposite of what monopolies do

It was a dumb idea but it only took 3 seconds in the entire movie.

Star Trek as movies should be "dumb action blockbusters" because the goal is to make a lot of money and you can't write complex stories within 1h30-2h max and typical Trek philosophical bullshit for a bunch of characters that we never saw working together in this universe. That's why for exemple the Kirk/Spock relationship doesn't work in the JewJew 'verse.
To be honest I'd be ok if they stop making Star Trek movies (for both timelines).

They don't use conventional thrusters for main propulsion on a ship. They use impulse engines which, I assume, perform better than regular thrusters and boosters. The only time I've seen thrusters being used in any of the series is during an emergency, like a power failure

They managed it just fine ten other times

Learn to read, nigger.
My point was that the government is shitty at doing everything, whether it's running charities (welfare) or space programs. If you recognize the government is shit for giving niggers additional resources for breeding more low-IQ children, holy fuck that's literally a recipe for dismantling civilization you should realize NASA isn't a fucking well-oiled lean and mean machine. The government doesn't do anything well except being inefficient.
Why? Because it has no incentive to be. Wal-mart doesn't employ useless mouthbreathers (except when government imposed diversity quotas force them to) because they have a profit incentive/competition. No such quality-requiring mechanism in government programs. Government is not going to be careful or efficient with your money, that is the antithesis of government spending.

Oh, I was wondering what the autistic ad hoc justification for the shit designs was (or if there even was one), thanks.

And just to clarify, it was pretty fucking obvious that my suggestion was that when you stop giving money to nigger welfare queens, instead of giving it to space welfare queens who provide no value to anyone on Earth beyond neat photographs and c00l science experiments which have amounted to fucking nothing, use it to pay down our 20 trillion dollar debt or 200 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities. Seriously, if the service they are providing is so God-damned invaluable they should be able to convince people to fund them voluntarily, and the money not given to the dindus shouldn't be burned at tens of thousands of dollars sending as "diverse" (non-white, male) a crew of affirmative action hires into space as possible. Fuck NASA, space niggers and no, I'm not a fucking retard flat-Earther that hates NASA because DURR THEY LIES ABOUT URF BEIN FLAT

Look faggot, I didn't say the designs weren't shit. If anything, anyone who thinks that ship designs resembling the original TOS Enterprise could function irl should kill themselves. I was simply informing you of something you clearly know nothing about so that you would think twice before opening your fat fucking mouth. But I'll say it again since looks like I didn't get through to you the first time: the warp nacelles are there to create a warp bubble that encloses the ship which bends space and possibly time to allow it to travel ftl. They don't do anything outside of warp.

Besides, impulse engines are usually located near the center of mass anyway.