What is it about these two that make people ubiquitously parrot their opinions and comments?

What is it about these two that make people ubiquitously parrot their opinions and comments?

I remember one instance when people were talking about Batman vs. Superman awhile back here on Holla Forums. When people asked if the film was alright, people were saying that "Doomsday looked like a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit troll," which is word-for-word what Jay said in the video.

In another example, many people in the Youtube comments of the Plinkett review of Episode III said that "Hayden Christensen did a fine job with the material given," which is another line-for-line quote taken from the review.

There's even been a new line of Youtube channels who are imitating the style of both Half in the Bag and the Plinkett reviews, in the same way that a host of Youtube channels cropped up in the mid-late 00's imitating AVGN. The obvious ones that come to mind are I Hate Everything and YourMovieSucks, with joke setups such as saying a random statement, succeeded by "I don't even know what that means" borrowed from RLM.

wew, look at this hothead

Joke's on you, I watch them and I don't even watch movies.

lmao at dis memecuck

I dunno. Some people just need to learn to build their own opinions instead of listening to two unfunny fagononla bars.

im kinda sleepy so sfhdsdc dfhv DDDA helpp

THEY JUST SAY WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN THINKING

I think they a couple of hack fraud schmuck, who write nothing but pig slop, their show is about as entertaining, as my taint.

People like them?

lol if you dont like the got ghetto then just dont post in or about it

same thing with rlm tbh

muh fugga

People think they're funnier and more authentic than CA, but soon someone more "funny and authentic" will take their place

Hack frauds.

I wasn't asking 'if' people like them, I was giving out 'people like them' as an answer to 'why does everyone copy them?'

So, you're all thinking that The Force Awakens was a good movie?

I was being a facetious, besides, you would have cried bullshit if they had hated the movie "only because they had to"

Muh muh and muh but!

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior - re:View

These people are cancer.

Their opinion that Fury Road does everything that Road Warrior does better is shit.

Fury Road is a good movie, but it's not as good as Road Warrior, it's too fucking silly. Road Warrior is gritty and realistic, something rare these days.

Fury Road they just dump a big truck with tons of guns in the protaganists laps and say "Drive!" while in Road Warrior, there's actually tension and a story. Not just intense action the entire movie.

You changed it slightly

Eagerly awaiting the shitstorm when all the fags on this board blow a fuse over this video.

No, no it's not. It's really not. I know you want to convince yourself that the pretty movie was good, but that's just you being a faggot. The movie was shit. It didn't make sense, it didn't tell an actual story, and it was produced to send a message using a one-armed whore rather than the title character. You're an absolute retard and I want this meme to die. Take your bluray and cram it as far up your ass as possible until you rupture something.

Too late

Imagine being this stupid and angry.

meant for

I only liked it because of the whole 'petrolhead apocalypse' thing, which wasn't really the point in the other films but I liked it.

Shame about everything else in it.

Well gee captain fartface, I guess having Furiosa do everything in the movie and Max just tagging along isn't enough of a clue that Max is a secondary character, right? I guess having a total of TWO scenes to himself in movie (the pre-title and the post-storm) isn't enough to give away that he's not a main character, right? It was never about how much he actually talks in the fucking movie, it's just that in every single scene where both Furiosa and Max are in the picture, EVERYTHING focuses on her, not him. That's what a main character looks like. Did the Gyro Captain ever hijack Max like that? No he fucking didn't, he was a secondary character. I never even fucking heard anyone say "hurr Max meddles in other people's affairs it's not like the other Max movies", that shit is just something fatso pulled out of his ass so he can joyfully belly-laugh at how right he is.

I love Fury Road as an action movie, but saying bullshit like that just boggles my mind.

Except for the part where that's not true. In fact the only shot featuring the two that I can think of that also explicitly focuses on her is when she's talking about the Green Place. Every other shot they're divided up equally in the screenspace.

The only reason I'd ever consider her the main character is that the closing shot of the movie is on her, but I'm pretty sure that's because it looked better in editing than the closing shot of Max.

Mel Gibson is a prick for life because of a drunken rant and being one of the few people in Hollywood to speak the truth. Meanwhile the real pricks are loved and respected because they know to keep their mouths shut.

Preach.

What's your point?

I swear I'm not backtracking here I'm just poor at using words when running on 22 hours of nosleep. I don't mean picture as in physical camera picture, I was trying to find a synonym so I don't use the word 'scene' twice. What I'm trying to say is, whenever Furiosa and Max are in the same place, she's the one doing everything, except for the five minutes when they first properly meet (which I already counted as one of the two Max scenes).

Critics are Cancer

They create nothing!

They do nothing!!!

As soon as you realize this and just watch movies for yourself while not worrying what other people think.

There's millions of movies out there, it's not surprising that people want some form of quality control. Unfortunately for the amateur that is searching for people who know more about the topic than he does so he can better himself, he does not know what he comes across are actually politics, insecurity and/or just plain retardation.

But the quest for wanting to know more about the hobby he entered will remain pure.

Well like they say it's a progression of silliness.

Mad Max is realistic, MM2 less so and MM4 lesser so.

And there in lies the problem with critics and audiences, you think movies are a hobby, that they're for you. Pathetic.

Everyone is a critic.

Fuck the gatekeeper shit though, Rotten Tomatoes should be shut down.

wat do

It's called friend simulation.

Patreon is basically autists trying to buy friends or a girlfriend.

Tell the truth, that you have no hobby and you're an empty human being.

Okay, now I get it. It's more disgusting than I thought…but now I get it.

Pick one.

RLM is funny that why I watch them. I don't use their movie reviews for anything more than laughs/entertainment.

A lot of their commentary is spot on but some are just ridiculous for example their apparent love of Star Wars TFA.
It makes one question if they got big enough to get paid off to like certain movies or perhaps they really genuinely have poor taste in movies.
Why haven't they ripped apart a major movie Plinkett style in years?
The GB2016 review was weak and a freebie everyone else already beat RLM to the punch. Many of which laid out the films problems in much greater detail.

They sell easy answers and justifications for people to not like a movie or for them to like a movie so that they won't have to formulate and justify their opinions on their own.

It's a result of the convenience times we live in. Why bother putting together a simple spice rack yourself when you can go to a store and buy one? Why bother putting thought into why you hold the opinions you do when you can have others tell you why and what opinions you should have?

That's so fucking depressing, but there probably are people who think like that.

you cant make this shit up

as above so below

You just did.

you've been duped
if anything, fury road is anti-feminist

I assumed that Furiousa's character was part of the brides or maybe their bodyguard or something that betrays Immortan Joe. But then I heard that she's literally just encountered on the road.

And the movie being called Fury(osa) Road?

they're fucking retarded, but they have a sense of humor so i can't let go.

you can't deny it has extremely feminist overtones. the problem with feminist writers is they can't see the bigger picture so all their plotlines and characters end with women looking fucking retarded. what do the writers know? they're women. in their eyes the women looked badass and in charge.

If I want a stupid movie with nothing but action, I'll watch Fury Road. You're acting as if I called it Citizen Kane, holy shit.

All they said it wasn't an incompetent trainwreak like the prequels

They will never make real movies
They will always be failures

I only hear about them in 4chan. Here too now apparently.

They're boring. It's the Stoklaska guy with the friendship equivalent of beta orbiters around him. The whole dynamic is cringe worthy and generally not funny or entertaining.

Besides the ep1 review I'm amazed people are still paying attention to this. This is the 85-99 IQ chan posters I think behind this fad.

The real pricks can murder people while driving drunk and get away with it.

Congrats, man. You've passed the Holla Forums initiation test. Now you can hate everything and be pointlessly cynical with us cool kids.

It's worse than the prequels, TFAfag. That's the hypocrisy I spoke of. TFA is worse in every way than any of the prequels. Any category of film-making the prequels were better in than TFA.

Havent seen tfr but 3rd mad max was pretty bad.

Like them, I just thought it was watchable for what it was trying to be. It feels like you're exaggerating them saying it was a flawless movie so you can spam this shit everytime.

Seriously, did you not watch the Star Trek 09 review?

It's easier to crank out these glorified "hangout" videos on a regular basis

You're trying real hard to deflect as much damage from TFA and RLM's selling out to Disney as you can. The reason they didn't say anything remotely negative about the movie was obvious.

You mean where the sellouts set up JJ as being perfect for directing a star wars movie as if it wasn't already in the works behind the scenes? It's not a fucking coincidence. You probably believe in coincidence and the timeline of events hollywood gives you though.

No, can't at all have to do with the fact that "fury road" is referenced as an actual place in the movie!

*tips tinfoil*

classic stand alone complex.

Where the hell did it say that in the OP?

IHE was begat from YourMovieSucks. At a quick glance, both seem to focus their energy on creative ways of describing how much they hate certain movies, in ways that could be drawn from one of those lottery ball dispensers. For the uninitiated, that exact same "creative pattern" happened with AVGN and imitators like the Irate Gamer and the Pissed-Off Gamer.

These guys attempt to take after RLM, but the problem is that their criticism is mostly surface level. Plinkett reviews even all the way back to the TNG films are also a lot of surface-level, jokey commentary, but at some point, Mike calls back to fundamental issues with each picture in good detail with specific examples to back what he's saying. He wrote the persona to make it watchable for people other than Trek fans.

As respectable an image as these two YouTube critics take up, this isn't going to work out for them for more than a few years. Classic Game Room and RLM in particular have shown that long term success on the internet requires being genuine. I think it was Mister Rogers who explained why he was the same gentle person on and off the camera, saying something to the effect that children can spot a phony a mile away. This is a good philosophy for any would-be E-celebrities and other hacks to live by, because they and their viewer base can often be very childlike.

That's right, Jay.

I think YMS and IHE are gunning for that same reception, that same audience. I don't think OP was calling on anyone criticizing the prequels and TNG films, though.

They blow up his car and kill his dog. It's heartbreaking, and Rich said that himself.

Fury Road was a solid movie, easily the best follow up to the original.

You're a disappointment, OP. You should hang yourself in the bathroom of the gas station.