According to Terminal Reality, the game sold over one million units by mid-July 2009

If you consider that the price of this game on release date was around 50$/60$, it is very likely that a poorly optimized game, released with no advertising at all, with an absolute giant array of problems and bugs and made with a low budget from a no name studio was able to beat the earnings of a movie that cost 150$ million dollars (that probably had another 100$ million dollars in advertising).

Let that sink in.

I keep hearing about this game. I have to find it so I can play it to see what all the buzz was about.

It runs like shit on PC, but the script is solid and it does feel like a ghostbusters movie. Give it a shot.

Here ya go. Here's Ghostbusters III. The movie that we should have gotten.

There's no multiplayer mode on PC, so yeah it's bad.
I wonder if people are playing it on the 360, I think it's the only version with multiplayer (they closed the PS3 servers).

The price of this game on release day was $60. I should know, I bought it. If they are counting the Nintendo DS version as part of the total of units sold, those were only $30.
It had a lot of advertising. Ads on TV, ads before videos online, It was even advertised on the sides of IMDB. Plus, if you were a fan of Ghostbusters, it was kind of hard to ignore all of the videos of the cast members back together circulating youtube.
It did not have a "giant array of problems and bugs", although I wasn't playing on the PC, I was playing the PS3 version, so you might be right about the optimization.

This game was a success because they pretty much took Luigi's Mansion, improved it, gave it "mature" graphics, and on top of all that, made a continuation of the series. Which is what people actually want, versus the shitty rehash we just got.

In the early 90s

It had no advertising outside the US then, I didn't hear about it at all back when it came out.

Now the optimization is shit, but unless you have a toaster-tier like HD 5000 or GTX 200 series cards, you can probably run it just fine even with high AA and SSAO

I have a GTX 750 and I can run it at 120 fps, but it still drops under 30 occasionally.

It's really bad

I had a GTX 580 and never had a rating below 60fps.

Then again the 580 is a bit better than a 750 Ti…

An R9 or a GTX 900 series, even midrange wouldn't have any trouble with it at all.

I've heard of people that have much better shit than I do and even they have been problems.
Dunno fam

Terminal Reality was a great studio, unfortunately not all of their projects they picked were all that great.

Still I remember playing Fury 3 on my old windows 95 way back in the day. Good times.

This was after their prime
I mean we're talking Star Wars Kinect years

Poorfag detected, get a computer that isn't a toaster.

wew
At least hacking the game for better FOV and stamina made it almost playable.

2GB and a 750 should be way more than enough to run a game from 2008 nigger

don't be a fag

A 750 is about as powerful as a 560 Ti, maybe a 570 in some cases but not the majority.

Also…
…I sure hope you aren't running a 64-bit OS.

It's literally one step above "buy this GPU for better performance in web browsing and watching DVDs" tier. It's shit.

Sure fam

Actually, the game's story is pretty bad fanfiction tier. You revisit all of the first movie locations, pretending that every single haunting was really part of Ivon Shandor's plan (i.e. the Sedgewick Hotel was a paranormal antenna too).

But the dialogue and chemistry between the characters are very good.

Is this true?

nice repeats, but mp isn't necessary for a game like this, and it's only drop-in/out co-op anyway so don't fucking fool yourself, cocksucker.

there's no reason the original writers would be amazing at writing video game plots without having done it before

the devs probably chipped in with the writing to make it work.

So it's like the South Park game

It can do triple monitors and run old games, it's enough for me

holy shit that game was fucking amazing

shame that the disc for the copy i had somehow got a crack in it, so at a certain point the game would completely freeze up and i'd have to ctrl+alt+del out of it, and i'm pretty sure a game that old doesnt have torrents up at all anywhere

and now i want to see if i cant get my copy of Jane's Combat Sim: WW2 Fighters working, i'd just need to find the first disc in the mess that is the den of my house

I downloaded an screener for this piece of shit hoping to laugh at its failure. Didn't even make it at the first scene with the coon.

1.76GB down the drain. I have no one to blame but myself

Yeah I just got this game recently. Surprisingly good and the ghost-catching works well.

Why the fuck I have to read some fucking vidya n00bs shit in my Holla Forums