Star Trek Beyond Marketing Spoils Plot Twist

screenrant.com/star-trek-beyond-marketing-spoiler-plot-twist/

youtube.com/watch?v=MdQcEn13ecY

lol

pegged and trekkers btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/08/simon-pegg-defends-gay-sulu-after-george-takei-criticism
ex-astris-scientia.org/episodes/stb.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What twist? That Idris Alibaba is a villain who hates the Federation?

pick one

he's not an ayylmao, he's a human from ENT-era who got mutated by magic crystals or some shit.

Is that the title? That should be the title.

no, it would be inappropriate because there's nothing beyond marketing in jj's star trek

ST beyond what? Salvation?

Please say more, spoilers are good.

I wish they were

Why is he talking about himself in third person?

His PR people run the account now.

TZEENTCH!

Pretty accurate, not pozzed at all.

Wait how did this Pegg man get drafted to write epic sci-fi?

Shaun of the Dead was mildly amusing britbong comedy but wtf.

Oh my god Pegg you fucking cuck

niggasisgay.wav

they're running out of people to manipulate.

So the big twist is the Federation created the bad guy.

….again.

Why is changing the sexual orientation or the race of character considered a good thing?

Besides from Jewish tricks?

It's only a good thing if it furthers the agenda of the kikes. Degaying a character is haram.

Seems accurate enough, the (((change))) always seem to be for the worse lately.

Enterprise was starting to get good when it was canceled, retard. The first two or three seasons of every Trek except TOS are shit.

the thing about that statistic is, during Apartheid they only counted the murders of white people

Nah, it just went from unwatchable to unremarkable.

ftfy

…and? What are you trying to say?

I liked ENT from beginning to end for some reason, same thing with TOS. ENT was painful during its first season and DS9 was always cringe.

that it's not a valid comparison

Basically, Pegg's done a few movies. In Hollywood, if you've written a screenplay you've more-or-less proven you're literate, which means you can get work doing re-writes on Transformers or whatever. JJ obviously didn't want to write this film, too busy shitting up Star Wars, so I guess they figured Pegg was available, Pegg was gonna be in the movie anyway, Pegg can write, might as well get him to write it.

Fat Riker only happened because they got cancelled. Most of season 3 and 4 were good.

well yeah, blacks aren't people. it'd be like counting every dead fly under police statistics because they technically got swatted.

>>>Holla Forums

Good riddance. This movie ain't worth the shit its filmed on. Just another generic scifi action adventure with Star Trek characters with shitty writing from Simon Pegg and "creative" influence by Jar Jar Abrams.

Wow, Pegg is a virtue signaling faggot. More news @11.

He probably intended to include the Ghostbusters 2016 bitches if they hadn't proved how shitty his point was.

I'm surprised your mother lets you stay up this late

And yet he has no respect for the wishes of the very gays he supposedly respects and will toss out their opinions if they don't fit with his narrative.
theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/08/simon-pegg-defends-gay-sulu-after-george-takei-criticism

Unlike Lindelof or any Bad Robot writer, Pegg is not a bad writer.

Gay Sulu begs to differ

He's decent at best. His acting however is dank as fuck and his forced scottish accent is the most irksome thing I ever heard.

That's fucking rich. And what makes him so sure Roddenberry would care about gay characters when supposedly Roddenberry got shit by women for having a women as Number One in The Cage? And TOS Roddenberry wasn't the marxist utopia leftist he later became in TNG's day.

Has he written action stories before? I mean action movies not his hybrid action-comedy stuff he did with Wright for the Cornetto movies.

And they don't seem to give a fuck that this offends Takei and that they're only helping people to think of him as "that gay azn actor" rather than that actor with the deep voice from Star Trek. Hell majority of faggots and teen sjws who follow Takei on Twitter never even watched the original Star Trek or older films.

Pegg seems to forget that they've had implicit homosexuals on TV and in films since the 30s. Peter Lorre's character in The Maltese Falcon, for example, was gay. To use another example, there's a lot of gay subtext in Strangers on a Train, the lead actor Farley Granger, was a bisexual. Just because broadcast censorship rules prevented depiction of outright homosexuality doesn't mean that they couldn't have suggested it through innuendo and subtext.

Bottom line, if Roddenberry intended for any member of the Enterprise crew to be homosexual, he would have made them homosexual.

They've stopped short of accusing Takei of internalised homophobia, like most progressives tend to do when faced with a minority that doesn't share their viewpoints.

You think Pegg gives a shit about ST or what Roddenbitch intended? He just wants to get pats on the back from his peers while being called an idol of progressiveness and he'll even step on Takei to get his way. Also I like how he originally said that he made Sulu gay to honor Takei, but when Takei hated it Pegg changed his story and said he picked him randomly because he didn't want to make a brand new faggot character. Lying brit shit.

No, but that's what he's using as his shield, so that's what we're picking apart

dumbest thing I saw today

Seems to happen with every third film, huh?

Is the next movie going to be about some fucking whales?

I just saw the movie and Kirk just vaporize the evil nig at the end…

Oh boy i quiet interested how this will turn out in the current chimp out situation…

SO WE GON SMOKE AN OUNCE TO THIS KIRK UP NIGS DOWN WHILE YALL MOTHERFUCKERS BOUNCE TO THIS

Please dude mercy on me, i from eastern europe. I can't translate nog speak at all!

Found out "das rite" mean "that's right" taked me literally 2 fucking years!

I'm not proud of that

A LITTLE TO MUCH WODKA

You cheeky cunt.

"SO WE GON SMOKE AN OUNCE TO THIS KIRK UP NIGS DOWN WHILE YALL MOTHERFUCKERS BOUNCE TO THIS"
=
So we are going to smoke an ounce [of marijuana] to this*,
Kirk is a winner, niggers are losers,
While you motherfuckers** dance [or ride in cars] to this

*Meaning this music – this whole quotation is taken from a Snoop Dogg song.
**This is an insulting term, but used here with affection.

Even fat riker was upset. He had never watched the show so he didn't know what he was really called in for until the fans told him.

Still going to pirate it, but now I am happy this movie has the honor of killing cisbusters and being more successful.

I hope its not successful as I don't want another success to feed Pegg and Abrams' already inflated egos. But regardless, Cisbusters will be killed soon anyway and that's good enough for me. Also, I'm not Holla Forums, but them killing the black one at the end may hopefully start some juicy drama.

Beyond will do alright for at least a weekend or two. Maybe longer with international play.

Cisbusters is pretty much fucked even without ST but this makes things even worse for them.

What, they just went up to him and said, "Hey John, could you do this Star Trek thing we've got going on? Marina's signed on, it's a little TNG-related thing."

Really? Fucking hell.

I'm surprised you suck so much nigger dick.

This movie succeeding is pretty much a foregone conclusion, ever since they plebbed up Star Trek and filled the cast with pretty young metrosexuals. You might as well enjoy the fact that it will kill Cisbusters.

Yeah, sometimes change is for the worse. Sometimes things become traditions because they work and are valuable.

So I got curious and tried to watch Into Darkness just to see how shitty JJ's Wrath of Khan remake was but I had to stop just a couple of minutes in because all the camera shakes made me nauseous. Is this really what people pay to watch in cinemas these days? Why would someone swing around the camera everywhere intentionally?

I really hope you're trolling and not seriously this much of a pussy.

wow whose the tzeentchian fuck THAT running this account?

Lets producers pretend like they're being provocative, avant-garde, & intellectually challenging when the writing is bland, kosher, and norms-compliant. And they are encouraged by braindead viewers who think it's edgy to support it.

This is another reason why I can't stand the new ST. It doesn't treat its viewers with respect or makes them think about how human interaction with other worlds would really be like and how each others influences would effect one another in both good and bad lights like in DS9 and the original show. Its like TNG where those shits were always in the right because Gene became an old uncreative shit during the 70s.

Change is only good if makes things better. If it doesn't, there's no point in doing it. Like they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Because good cinematography is dead.

Basically this. Improvement would be preferable to this which isn't really change, its literal replacement where they take something liked and instead of enhancing it or updating it with better writing, they just slap on a new coat of pain or replace it with something less than impressive.

good call

Reactionary > Revolutionary. Change is never good. Fuck off, Communists. Forever.

Why is Holla Forums the number one spot for Holla Forums to pour their shit into

Because it's no secret that this board is part of Holla Forums's bloc and so Holla Forums are trying to spread their influence here.

Holla Forums is also salty that their numbers will always be shit. Holla Forums has surpassed them on the roster and it triggers their sensitive hearts.

That's Holla Forums, imo, but either way they need to get fucked off of this website and go to Reddit. Seriously, what do they have to lose by fucking off? They'd be among friends elsewhere.

It's literally the Holla Forums's Cold War

a Holla Forumsld war, so to speak.

I don't see why Holla Forums and Holla Forums don't get along. They both love Steven Universe, replacing white characters with black characters and are overall cancerous.

i dont like the new star trek movies, but what's wrong with the concept of change? change is what being human is all about, we change & we get better. if we'd never changed you wouldn't be on something called "the internet" right now, sitting comfortably and enjoying some easy-to-purchase processed food.
it's why conservatism is inherently critically flawed: everything must change or die, that's like the one law of nature.

You're thinking of 4/co/. 8/co/ hates that shit.

seriously, full Holla Forums treats SU like everybody used to treat Homestuck – full quarantine to their containment thread.

This is just a weak hint about the movie plot.
Crazy black man (who was a war hero) want to bring back the good old days by starting the galactic world war II. His reason? Everything was better then and war make people strong. At the end Kirk tell him the war was fought for the peace they currently live in and kick the guy into space with his genocide weapon (which kill him during the process of course).

As if any change is for the better. The times have changed, we need to live with terrorism its what the French PM said.

He's writing the Niggermoine movie?

Trek is dead.

I'm lost, why is trek dead? I'm not a fan but I am curious

It got Abramsed

Everything got bigger louder and more destructive. Villain in the first JJ Trek had a super ship that drilled into Vulcan and they dropped black hole juice to destroy the planet. Then in the second Robocop has a super ship built that can do shit that no other Fed ship can and is much much larger.

hard to tell how bad the set and cgi looks when they can't see it clearly.

Also, the capital world of Federation has no self-defence capacity.

ex-astris-scientia.org/episodes/stb.htm

spoilers lol

that tumblr hair tho

Usually, the use of shaky cam is to give the impression that it's filmed by a documentary crew.
The Shield and Battlestar Galactica had good shaky cam.

These days, it's used to give more effects and power to action scenes.

"It's like the original but slightly different and bigger" is the perfect description of JJ Abrams' work on movies.

I love that 2.5 of these movies are all "muh Starfleet's peaceful exploration!!!" and they dress up like Nazis and the solution to everything is just 'shoot everything in the most retarded way possible for the most retarded reasons.'

That would imply his movies have a decent chance of being decent on their own but that isn't the case either.

This doesn't actually address whether change is good or not, just that tradition is the enemy of it. Tradition is the enemy of change, but tradition usually came about due to being the best way. Unnecessary change for emotional cripples isn't "the best way" and should lose out to tradition.

You're missing the point nigger. Takei would find a reason to complain no matter what.

What this is doing is outing SJWs as not actually caring what their pet fag mouthpiece thinks.

He was always a marxist, he just couldn't get away with much on 60s television.

Remember at the start of Into Darkness some primitive village was going to be destroyed by a volcano so they saved it by putting a cold fusion bomb in the volcano? Then Spock got angry at Kirk for saving him because it violated the Prime Directive even though their whole mission there violated it, but for some reason Spock was too stupid to realize that. Also for no reason what so ever the Enterprise was underwater.

It was a way for the Enterprise crew to stay hidden, like in Homeward from TNG or its remake called ST Insurrection.
…but it's in a JJ-Verse, so there's no reason other than "it looks cool".

Going into detail how retarded every moment in these (((Star Trek))) reboots are would take walls of text.

Also, not only was there no point to going to the primitives in the first place, cold fusion doesn't work that way. They could have referred to it as Cryo tech since that does exist and the Breen are big on that stuff but goddamn there's just no attempt in the technospeak

But couldn't they just orbit the planet in fucking space? It's not like anyone would see a spaceship if it's in space and not in the water.

They dress like commie shits, get ur facts straight goyim.

Of course, but then it would look like something from a Star Trek show, but JJ never watched that stuff, he's a Star Wars fan.

Yeah that was really retarded on so many levels. I wonder which retard on the project came up with that.

That's irrelevant as long as it looks cool, and can be used as trailer material.

nothing new under the sun

Well… in SW7 there's a Death Star but this time it doesn't look like a moon, it's literally a planet.

This.

Same reason it's the number one spot for Holla Forums to pour their shit into.

Whoever did probably got a bonus.

Outside of the sports pages, the majority of Guardian comments are usually calling out the article for being shit. Most get deleted.

Really bringing out the space nazi in Starfleet.

Idris Elba is a human starship captain mutated into an alien.

They save the day by playing the SABOTAGE song.

The end.

you don't need to see the movie now.

What a load of fucking bullshit. Abrams has shat on the ST universe harder than he did on Star Wars.

I like how he's using infinite multiverse bullshit to justify the fact that he really doesn't give two shits about Faggot Takei despite claiming otherwise and just wants to justify the fact that he's a self-righteous and hypocritical cunt.

I can't even discuss this shit without flying into an unnecessary rage.

It really is the constant fucking up of little easy-to-get-right things that pisses me off about Abrams Trek. It's been a while since I watched Into Darkness, but I distinctly recall this one scene where Cumberbund mentions that he's targeting the Enterprise's life support systems "behind the aft nacelle."

See pic related. The Enterprise has two nacelles, they're both aft, and there's nothing behind them. The writers have watched enough Star Trek to know that "nacelle" is a word that is used in Star Trek, but have no idea what it means. I knew what "nacelle" referred to in Star Trek back when I was a tiny stupid child and yet professional writers screw it up.

Somewhat related: it really peeves me that they put fucking glowing nozzles on the backs of the warp engines. They're not thrust-based engines, they operate by bending space around the ship. That's why it's called a "warp" engine.

This is god damn entry-level Star Trek stuff and these people with an infinite budget apparently can't be bothered to hire anyone who knows anything about Star Trek.

The original script for Star Trek Beyond was scrapped because it was too star trekky. Star Trek fans aren't the audience they want for these movies.

Who is their actual target audience? Fake nerds? Dudebros? Faggots? The movies seem to faggy for anyone with high T but not nearly intelligent enough for educated people who make up the dweeb population. Who watches this crap? Teenage girls?

Do we know what they had in mind originally?

I wonder who could be behind this post…

I really like this video because it showcases a lot of the problems from a writing level with nuTrek

They want plebs. That's why they've turned Star Trek into another dumb action movie franchise. They basically took out all the philosophical content because that stuff makes stupid people think too hard and JJ Abrams, who never watched Star Trek and who is a stupid person, never liked the show's distinguishing feature. Then they filled the cast with pretty young metrosexuals with maybe a tenth of the talent and charisma of the original cast, and got them to dress up and pretend to be the original cast.

The worst part is that it works. My faggot younger brother, who is a massive pleb, hates Star Trek. Whenever I put it on he goes on and on about how he hates it and how it's gay and all that shit. And yet, he'll go and watch this new one. He says he likes the new ones.

Big surprise to no one it seems they fuck up the Enterprise once again.

That's not the new design, is it?

But why?

This movie was double-dumbass tier. I had pretty low expectations but it's like they didn't know when to stop with all the stupid. The damning part was that it got off to a good start, with the overview of life on the Enterprise and Kirk's rambling about life getting humdrum, which seemed like a good setup. And there was a good Chekhov remembrance scene toward the beginning (it seemed odd that he reappeared, it looked for a second as though they were just going to have him be died due to some mission/accident that happened between films, and the reason McCoy searched Chekhov's quarters was as some post-mortem duty; otherwise it's strange that McCoy searched Chekhov's locker).

Don't try to understand plebs user, thats like trying to understand being a retard.

Sure you can imagine whats its like, but you won't really know for real until you stick a power drill into your head.

Checked

Well that parts realistic.

No, that's in the first act when the Enterprise is attacked by the swarm, they lost the nacelles.

kek

Will JJ do a crossover between Star Trek and Star Wars?

Yes but as a consequence of the fact that they can't write and instead must resort to dumb gimmicks

This. I remember when they announced that the script was going to be more like a true enlightening and intriguing Star Trek film, a return to form. But nooooo, that wasn't adventurous, action packed or gay enough, people need a dumbed down piece of crap full of mindless action and special effects that is completely devoid of thought-provoking experiences on the nature of space exploration and expanding horizons among alien worlds and their similarities to human history and culture. Fuck it all.

Well duh.

Indeed it was. I also like how the TV spots only bring up the rotten tomatoes meter as their biggest positive review while ignoring the fact that even major news sites and even libshits have their fair share of criticism towards this film. This movie in no way tries to treat its audience like thinking and intelligent human beings, instead delivering mediocre writing, half-assed dialogue while throwing in eyecandy and pandering bullshit to keep them content. It's an insult to classic Star Trek, mankind, and all sense of decency.

Most definitely. They even had R2D2 as a brief cameo in the first film and crossovers these days are far more common since that's what pleases the masses, so they'll do it but mostly rely on cheap shit like this guy said

Fuck off with your facts
>>>Holla Forums

You chaotic neutral shitposters are truly the worst.

I miss DS9… I miss what Star Trek used to be… I miss the days when being a "nerd" wasn't trendy.

Yeah it was even more plebbed down than i expected.

One obvious example is the 'philosophical' angle they used for this one. I mean, i don't expect something deep but ffs, this was power-rangers tier.

That's an ILM thing.

Sometimes CGI companies hide little easter eggs of their previous work.

When Zoic worked on Battlestar Galactica miniseries, there was a Firefly-class ship in the background of a scene, later when the CGI were done in-house (most of the artists worked on Star Trek) there was the Enterprise-D hidden in the rag-tag fleet.

jewjew did yelchin

No less than a week and the masses are already accusing Takei of internalized homophobia along with anyone who agrees with him even if they're actual faggots and these lib faggots would rather agree with the "white cis male" who claims he is pansexual in a parallel universe. What the fuck is going on in the world?

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are already shit

This fucking guy.

It makes action scenes really easy to film because you don't have to coordinate a bunch of dudes to execute it perfectly with good timing, you just film some bodies rustling up close and the audio guys will figure it out so that it makes sense. It also makes it easier to put in low quality CG without anyone noticing because it doesn't stay in place long enough for anyone to see it.

Pretty much it's the same reason that any fantasy or sci fi movie is exclusively shot on green screen, because it's easy for the lazy ass director.

The target audience for anything with a budget over $100M is everyone. They pander to what they believe to be the lowest common denominator which is now "traditionally nerdy source material in the format of a blockbuster summer action movie"

This goes for games too.

Does this shitty new movie have a gratuitous sodomite marriage as promised?

Yes, and it (along with Sulu's daughter) has 30 seconds of screen time in the whole goddamn movie–literally nothing is done with it. It's the writer virtue signalling to progressives and shitting on the character and pissing of George Takei for nothing.

Thank you, are you by chance a professional Niggerologist?

Don't bully but i kinda fustrated how there is no porn about her.

What the fuck is with the lighting in this movie

Enterprise is possessed by a being of pure light.

pick one

The veil is coming off. (((They))) don't really care about wymyn, fags, nogs or trannies. Only the ones that parrot the (((correct))) ideas and opinions. That's why (((they're))) turning against fags, especially. Wymyn and nogs are easy to control, and trannies are mentally ill, which are also easy to manipulate. But fags, particularly white and Asian ones, see the bullshit in identity politics just as easily as a straight guy. They're called "bad gays".

black actress is white

TRIGGURUDDDD

This. Something tells me they just put in that scene at the last minute after the gay bar shooting to show how virtuous and righteous they are. Only thing worse are the fan/normalfag shits shitting on Takei and anyone who disagrees with them and calling this shit amazing and innovative. I don't even like Takei (especially since his VA career) but this shit is getting Beyond Ridiculous.

I think one or two on tumblr whined about it. A shame it wasn't more.

The JJAbramis. A being of unholy light that blinds all in its path.

She's literally been whitewashed.

Also, they've forgotten the way shields work. Shields resist physical kinetic damage which is why they need to be taken out with energy (beam) weapons. Once shields are down, you use torpedoes for maximum physical damage.

In both the first reboot and Beyond there were instances of physical/kinetic damage bypassing shields completely.

In reboot 1, after the Enterprise leaves late for Vulcan, Pike gives the order to put shields up (while in warp no less). Yet when they arrive in the debris field caused by Nero's ambush, the debris goes straight through the shields and starts impacting the hull.
In Beyond, the swarm ships similarly bypass the shields.
Why Starfleet doesn't make use of this knowledge to develop a weapon that simply ignores enemy ships' primary defense mechanisms is a complete fucking mystery.

Why not just have an original couple of characters in the background being gay?

If Roddenberry had wanted Sulu to be a fudgepacker, I wouldn't care. Sulu isn't Pegg or Jewjew's character. Making him a faggot is disrespectful to the creator's intention.

reminder that George Tekai, the person who he made this "change" for, thought this was retarded.

It's whiteface, not whitewash.

Starfleet is a bunch of space hippies.

surely you jest

That's actually a pretty funny scene and I have no idea why those fucking lens flares were there.

I refuse to believe this.

Oh shit. The movie is doing poorly at the box office. Its only gotten 117.7 million compared to its 185 mil budget due to their scattered release dates across several limited countries (gee I wonder why that could be? ( ° ʖ °)). Faggots and SJWs are now blaming the box office's weak gross so far on the fact that they cast a black guy to be the main villain, which is worse than casting a white guy to play Khan apparently.

Also to rub salt on the wound, The BFG did better than it in the UK.

Wow. Didn't expect this movie to actually fail.

Of course they'll learn the wrong lessons from this and just get Jew Jew back in to direct the fourth one.

Although, if they also got Alice Eve back in and showed off her tits and tummy…it could be worse

Meanwhile Finding Dorry and Secret Life of Pets is blowing everyone out of the water. Suck it reboots!

seriously? barely anyone knew it existed, let alone gave a fuck.

Not even my old man knew this movie was being made and he's a huge ST/Abrams pleb. Only reason I even knew this movie was coming out was because of a trailer I saw in the pirated version of TFA I had.

Oh fuck please no.

Not likely after she made Hollywood's black list after she made fun of Bruce Jenner.

A black guy in so much makep he could a fucking oompa loompa for all the audience can tell.

You're sayng the new Star Trek movie has shonen anime level writing?

They should be blaming the negress in whiteface, it's incredibly racist to watch a film where a minority has to be disguised as white. :^)

Everyone in this universe must have burnt fucking corneas.

Remind these cunts that that's no different than calling a black a house nigger.

Yes. Its that silly. The motorcycle scenes are also lame and out of place as fuck.

Should this topic have its own thread?

Remember when the Enterprise-D nacelle got a little fender bender and then the whole ship exploded

I doubt they care that much. See, underneath the wig, the face lift and the tit implants beats the heart of a conservative shitlord.

Ah of course. So much for their "tolerance" bullcrap.

Well, I just watched it and it wasn't as bad as JJ's films. I wouldn't go so far as to call it good or real Star Trek but I felt like it tried and was a step in the right direction. The characters were actually fleshed out a bit this time around and watching the film wasn't like getting your eyes raped.

So naturally it wasn't a box office hit.

They're just looking for any excuse now. Even the new Jackie Chan and Tarzan movies did better than them in the international box office.

That's not really saying much. Despite your attempted defense of it, your enthusiastic description of it cements the fact that the film is basically a small turd that doesn't smell as bad as two bigger turds that emit radiation.

Yeah but pretty much every newly made movie is shit. At least it wasn't capeshit or a soft remake. Relative to other new releases it was good. Maybe the plebs wanted more lens flares.

fags btfo

that's what they get for trying to celebrate deviant behavior.

I really like how the first time around, they called Abrams a racist for casting Cumberbatch a white guy to play Khan and now they're throwing a shit fit because they cast a black guy to play the main villain. Is there no pleasing these people?

No, user, there isn't. You give (((them))) an inch and they will demand a mile. That's why the best decision when handling these faggots is telling them to fuck off.

Just goes to show that Hollywood is run by uncreative hacks.

Hey, you know what's also tradition? Peter Pan is always played by a chick in live shows! Oh gee I wonder if that's a tradition they'd like to break? I bet they also see the tradition of kabuki as empowering to tranny rights even though the tradition behind that was that women were banned from the stage for being too erotic during performances in the 1620s.

But that's Xist, user, and very Xphobic. You should aways tell fags to fuck on.