Do reviews actually affect whether or not you will see a film...

Do reviews actually affect whether or not you will see a film? I only read reviews because I enjoy people roasting things or getting butthurt over them

Only normalfags need to be told whether to watch something or not.

They can give me a second thoughts at least

Yes

Yes. If something is REALLY bad I will watch it as I enjoy laughing at awful movies. Positive reviews? Not so much, I know roughly what I like and will give what I like a try.

i.e. if a good thriller is reviewed becoming aware of it is more important than the review score.

I use GoodBadFlicks for recommendations but I don't avoid movies if people say they're bad.

\/

both kill yourselves

No, I watch what looks interesting to me regardless of whether or not faces on my computer that I'm never going to see or meet like it or not; depending on who is doing the review however, I'll see what they have to say and compare to my own opinions

I'm the exact opposite of this guy.

If I already think a movie is going to suck, if I have my reasons (unfaithful to the source material, agenda pushing, etc.) someone saying it was "entertaining, dumb fun" isn't really going to get me to go see it. The Force Awakens for example. The positive reviews didn't effect my opinion of it at all.

If on the other hand it's a film I had no opinion about or had never heard of and they say it's really good, I'll go see it on their recommendation if I value their opinion.

I used to trust Pleb Leddit Memia's opinions, but they've gone full corporate shill.

It's hard to believe that someone's tastes would actually get worse over time, but they managed to do it.

I mainly use them to gauge my interest in a particular movie. If something doesn't sound appealing to me, I'll avoid it. If it's something that sounds interesting and has a positive reputation (or at least a historically significant or even infamous one), I'll be inclined to check it out.

Their taste wasn't good in the first place. The main reason to watch them is just that they're entertaining.

I hope that broke your faggots' brains

Nope, because their opinions always sucked.

That you can chalk up to Mike's Lucas hatred honestly, and the fact that he suggested in a drunken stupor that JJ would be the best director of a star wars film.

Your forced meme is not sticking pal

>>>/reddit/

Maybe if something I wasn't at all aware of gets a really good review.

I dont like capeshit, but if RLM says it's amazing I'll give be more like to give it a chance.

Though, I like when RLM does their quick recommendations of other movies they saw this year ones that wouldn't get clicks if they did a stand alone episode on

that's how I found a lot of great films in 2015 that I had never heard of or missed all marketing off like Ex Machina

Yes, but only RLM's. Of course I'm not going to go out and watch obvious shit just because they say to though. Capeshit, reboots, remakes, etc. all belong in the trash.

I don't like to waste my time on any other movies except the best ones.

I only care about Holla Forums's opinions on movies since they only ever recommend true kino. :^)

I don't watch every movie that ever comes out so yeah I check out reviews to decide whether or not something might be worth my time or not.

I can't just judge a movie off of a poster or trailer so having some reviews going in the background like RLM's can be nice for helping decide later on what to try out.

I saw cowboys and aliens because these assholes recommended it. never again.

They lost all credibility with me after that. That was an objectively shitty movie.

>>>/normalfag/

Fucking "average people" are nothing but Chad's and Stacy's. God, I'm sick of all these "average people" fucking everything up. Ree.