‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot Hovering $45 Million at the Box Office

The rebooted “Ghostbusters” is heading for a solid-but-not-stellar $45 million opening weekend for second place at the U.S. box office, early estimates showed Friday.

Illumination-Universal’s “The Secret Life of Pets” will be the winner with around $50 million at 4,381 sites this weekend, declining only 52% from its massive opening. The animated comedy’s 10-day total will be over $200 million by the end of Sunday.

variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-ghostbusters-secret-life-of-pets-1201815410/

Other urls found in this thread:

dp8hsntg6do36.cloudfront.net/5788973ffd2e6133ce000000/9696b2a3-34b8-436c-9daa-62838f448859low.webm
archive.is/DOs4o
archive.is/FCPuw
archive.is/jecrM
archive.is/iAYPY
archive.is/JBsNt
archive.is/mrjsd
marinabaysands.com/entertainment/news/ghostbusters-guinness-world-records.html
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=similar&&view=&id=ghostbusters2016.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm
archive.is/HZTql
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704
archive.is/atTIF
dailymotion.com/video/x39wwu2
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4673713
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4818104
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4244317
archive.is/e9owU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What exactly is this shit about? Another talking animals movie?

The BFG, which was a 'disaster', made $43 million.

That's overall gross. This will do around $45 million in it's first weekend. Still a bad number, though.

Yep. Wasn't Pixar-tier, but decent enough.

The movie just failed. It had to come out with a strong number one to be considered a success. It being number 2 not only looks bad, it also means it will get completely killed by Star Trek next week.

That's not exactly a mark of quality these days. I'm assuming it's at least better than the minion shit?

Doesn't take a lot for an animated movie to be better than that shit.

The cartoon was better.

I never saw Minions/DM1&2, but it's by the same animation studio that did those.

Yeah that was why I was drawing a comparison.

I still can't get over how much worse everything about this new movie looks aesthetically.

That's the first week, imagine how it'll flop on the second one.

Once people realise the critics lied to them, expect the film to make not much more than that.

Means it's not there and they're hoping it's getting there, though aren't very confident it will.

Holy shit, these two are different people.

Archive it faggot.

Archive your life

So did BFG movie flopped? Great, fuck Spielberg.

Surprising that there havent been a threadd in Holla Forums about this.

How is that solid? It couldn't even win a weekend against new IP and it can't even make 50mil with a budget of almost 150mil.

That's a fucking disaster.

Worse, this is an early estimate.This movie could even earn less money.

So basically it is now a confirmed flop. It will have about an 80% drop off against the movies coming out next week.

There were a few.

Nobody cares about that movie

Neither did I. I havent even watched any trailer or footage of that film!

Besides, the Spielberg version looked like a giant kike beggar malnourished recently scaped from the Autswizt giant electric chair.

BFG didnt needed any reboot. The classic will always be the clasic

CGI in it looks like shit and it's entirely CGI based, so fuck that.

These trips confirm

No, user, positive word of mouth

sorry I even can't finish it

Nigga, you need better glasses. Elizabeth Bnaks is pretty, while that on the left isn't

Oh fuck, ST is next week? Who the fuck decided to release a weak controversial movie one week before the biggest sci-fi of the year? Is there a single competent person left at Sony? RIP cisbusters.

All that money is coming from the jewtube neckbeards paying to see it so they can make a rant video about it.

That would amount to a nickle and a dime.

This. Without the likes of boogie, mundane shill, Mike and his hambeast, Sarcuck and his wife and his wife's son etc it probably would have opened #3

You do realize most of those faggoits got in on a free sponsored screening, right?

That's what you get with a female crew.

Pixar-tier has been abysmal for the past 8 years.

Most of them saw it for free because Sony are desperate for JewTubers to shill this movie. Just look at the amount of response AVGN saying he's not even going to see it got.

There was

the video of the 'real men'

dp8hsntg6do36.cloudfront.net/5788973ffd2e6133ce000000/9696b2a3-34b8-436c-9daa-62838f448859low.webm

Do they even know what trolls are.

It probably would have gotten a little more if they didn't actively shit on their audience. I might not be a business major but I think that would be one of the most important things you shouldn't do if you want to promote your product.

Yeah. Pretty standard fair and what you'd expect if you watch the trailer. It's okay.

We've got another one coming along the way but this time a person turns into an animal instead. Nine Lives with Kevin Spacey and Christopher Walken. It's like it came straight from the 90's but was just made today with no sense of irony. Seems to be playing the idea straight.

Has there been any stellar performing movies this summer blockbuster? Just looking at the list of movies, this seems like its going to be the worse in summer blockbuster performance. I could be wrong because I don't check numbers but given what has been released so far, it's not looking all that good.

Also, for whatever reason, people around me are excited for Sausage Party. That saving private ryan scene was decent but everything else just screams a lot of swearing and no effort gross out humor. The usual Seth Rogen project. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like that trailer. The idea seems too limited for a length of a movie.

Saying a reboot is shit and a stain on the original isn't the same thing as saying it ruined your childhood. I'm shocked that these cunts are still using that strawman. Wasn't that ironic even back when people used it to troll Michael Bay with the first Transformers movie?

REAL MEN

forgot to add, but if you watch the interview, the old gay guy wants ghostbusters 3 to feature all transgender people

Pick one

Did they visit a literal cuck convention? Are they guys on the outside paying to watch the guys in the middle fuck their wives and their wives' daughters?

people who disagree with them
shills, if you will

How much longer until it sinks in?

pretty sure he just has his arms in his shirt. look at the sleeves.

ayyy

THOSE MEN NEED SAFETY LIGHTS

Finding Dory.

Because inoffensive kid's entertainment with bland messages is the only thing people trust kikes to do as movies now.

Well, they are real men. 'Real' in the sense that they're not VR constructs created by the Holodeck, as hard as that may be to believe

I'm surprised they are admitting the theaters are empty. I figured they'd deny it.

BBTTTFFFFOOOOOOOO

Why is Dobson crying?

Wasn't Dobson the one who threatened to kill himself last year?

Well that was convincing. Let's monitor him for the box office results, eh ?

I don't think I've seen such immense denial coming from a single man.

I would so love it if nobody was responding and his attempts of riling people up were in vain.

Sadly I imagine that is not the case.

It's astonishing how little self awareness and reflection Dobby boy has.

This guy has been crying and complaining for well over a decade because Nintendo made Link blonde and doesn't follow the continuity from the Mario cartoon. He's the last person who should be taking shots at "man children."

I hope he's doing alright, he seems to be on the verge of a breakdown. Being fat, bald and unpopular would make anyone sad but he has just seen Cuntbusters so I imagine that made him feel more shit than usual. Is this a cry for help?

I take my earlier comment back, I hope this racist piece of shit hangs himself.

Delicious, I am going to sprinkle this on some boiled eggs, this is quality stuff.

well the only one who seems to be responding is himself

That's what I like to see.

Just send him pictures of carnival masks and giraffes.

archive.is/DOs4o

archive.is/FCPuw

Liberal logic.

Of course that's his favorite character, a rude, inappropriate, awkward, obnoxious, uncharming and uncharismatic dyke who ruins whole scenes with goofy antics that any good director would have stopped.

Is that the fucking inflation guy?

Elizabeth Banks is wayy prettier
And 10 years older lmao

Who's that? Everyone seems to know him. Is he the hot new autist?

It's like almost all of them are slightly different versions of the exact same person.

Deadpool and Finding Dory are probably still the highest grossing films of the year.

Just posting some butthurt.

archive.is/jecrM

archive.is/iAYPY

Its just dobson. He draws shitty cartoons nobody likes and tries to be hip. He has been around for some time, just look at his thread on /cow/

I didn't know Finding Dory was out already.

He's a webcomic artist with a huge ego, despite being talentless and unwilling to grow.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums have been hating on this guy for years, but he seems to piss off every other board with his stupid opinions and obnoxious attitude, such as calling /sp/orts fans homophobic and secretly gay, and bitching about /a/nime despite himself ripping off that artstyle from other anime shows.

I've lost all ability to feel bad for Dobson. There are some people that are pathetic, but keep to themselves and don't do any harm to anyone. Those people I can feel sorry for. Dobson though, goes FAR beyond being just sad and pathetic. He's a spiteful, hateful, scumbag. People have gone out of their way to try and help him grow as an artist and his response is to be an arrogant dickweed about it and carry on like he's perfect. His family has served him up jobs on a silver platter, and he scoffs at them like they're below him.

These tweets that are being posted, that's all he does everyday. He tries to simultaneously instigate people into attacking him and loudly signal that he's a good feminist ally. No one ever defends him though, because he's unable to realize that no matter how loudly he screams that "he's not sexist like all those other guys!" he's still a fat, neckbearded, manbaby.

Suddenly they care about authentic masculinity.

The magic word that you apply to ideas you like to make them automatically right.

This is the most clear cut case of complete lack of self-awareness that I've ever seen.
Dobson is truly one of the worst people on the internet.

…Get the torches.

The pot calls the kettle black

Ah. Is that the new standard for hollywood blockbusters these days?

Cheong filpped to our side or at least leaning-pro neutral.

STREAM WHEN?

I want to watch/shitpost with you spurgs

The movie is so shit that it isnt even worthy to be streamed

Impossible.

Cheong is a genuine sociopath, he'll do and say anything to get ahead. I'd sooner trust a Jew than that fat chink.

Really he's an okay guy. He just got caught up in some stupid shit and admitted so. You can't hold the Nazi shit against him when half the people on this forum have done the same thing. The other guy, Arthur Chu, is more of an irredeemable shit head and doesn't care about games at all.

Sauce.

Hitomi Tanaka nigga. You're welcome.

That would imply anyone cares enough to leak this movie.

It's not a lack of self-awareness. It's projection. A psychological defense mechanism that he engages in because not even he can stand himself.

Thanks fam.

Yes, Tom Preston Himself

Don't forget that the $144 million they reported putting into the movie does not count the money Sony added in after the fact for advertising, merchandising, events, interviews, and the rest of their media blitz.

Even if this movie breaks even, which it won't they won't be making back their money in any way.

It's also banned in China, so there's no tapping into that market.

Are you confusing Dobson with Movie Bob? lol

I don't know, Dobson. Look in a mirror and find out.

Nope, they're both misshapenly cut from the same cloth. Even when drawing Skyward Sword Link, he refuses to draw him with blonde hair.

Everyone always seem to forget the cinemas themselves take a large cut of the ticket sales.

Paul Fag himself said it needs $500M to be a success.

archive.is/JBsNt
archive.is/mrjsd

It's even more pitiful that this is the movie he created when he knew everything was on the line. This is the funniest, most extravagant, brilliant, deep, nuanced thing that Feig could muster when his entire career was being cashed in… And it's utterly mediocre and forgettable.

Wew. Lad.

>>>/oven/

I bet Feig goes and makes Bridesmaid 2 or some shit after this if he's not laughed out of the industry entirely.

Good. Throw away the key.

I was around for the creation of this meme and it's still supremely entertaining.

Movie Bob, Tom preston What's the fucking difference?

One went to animation school and one only left his parent's house recently.

What are you, some kind of faggot?

you really really want to be pozzed, Aren't you?

They're going to have to find a dozen more fat, unattractive white women willing to star in his movie again, because rumors have it that the entire cast hated working with Feig on Cuntbusters.

Do you have a archive of the creation thread?

Is it good or bad that I knew that was Hitomi T. without seeing her face?

It was some stickied/cyclical thread on Holla Forums
Some posted a webm of Quark from DS9 laughing 5 times, and then someone made a webm of all 5 of those playing at once.. and it spiraled out of control from there.

His name was Robert Paulson

Ascended Quark.

at least 50 pounds

Sup Ian, how's your summer so far?

the amount of hype and marketing put behind this film puts it at a total loss.

Holla Forums REMINDER

This movie was intended to be the kickoff to a Ghostbusters Expanded Universe with other movies, as well as a possible male movie. Sony is *desperately* looking for a tentpole franchise after they fucked up Spiderman. They were resting a lot on the success of this, and if it's anything less than a blockbuster everything comes crashing down.

They probably weigh about the same.

I think MovieBob's taller

Is not that difficult, tbh

Holy shit, IMC is Malaysian, lmao. Also yes, not surprising the movie gets a cold shoulder here. Barely any promos, and what promos it had was universally met with negative criticism.

I'd rather Sony completely sell off the rights. Let Guillermo Del Toro and Legendary take a stab at a movie in a few years when the dust has settled.

Leaving this shit in the hands of one of the worst studios in the industry, responsible for dozens of flops, can only spell disaster. Their executives don't know what talent is. They don't know humor. They simple don't know how to make a compelling movie.

The fact that there were even plans for an "expanded universe" and future sequels before they even know if Feig the fag could pull off this trainwreck just goes to show how baffling inept they are.

With not survivors?

HAHAHA KIKEBUSTERS PROMOTION IN SINGAPORE LOOKS LIKE A KLAN RALLY

marinabaysands.com/entertainment/news/ghostbusters-guinness-world-records.html

I had no idea that Mr Mindkill was working from Malaysia… That explains how he's able to keep himself housed and fed despite being so totally bereft of skill, talent, and intelligence.

How many people did they pay to make that happen?

Free Tickets and some plastic memorabilia

You can't make this shit up.

So Sony was banking hard on this succeeding, so they left the casting decisions on someone who was clearly prioritising her political agenda over ensuring the film does well?

If robocop didn't ruin the original for me, i doubt cisbusters would

Of course, I don't plan on seeing this remake, I do want the two movies to stay taint-free in my head. The leaks have been more than enough, I mean shit, I saw all the leaks in sw and knew it would be shit and my opinion didn't change seeing it.

WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO SO RIGHT IN 2016?

You're mixing apples with oranges. The Robocop remake wasn't gimmicky nor trying to convey the "gurlz can do it too" message

Sony, in this case, was Amy Pascal making all these decisions by herself. She pushed the project through on petty spite for an imaginary audience of dudebro misogynerds. She was so narcisstic and vain and so far up her own lumpy ass that she was certain that the whole world was already thinking just like her and all they wanted was this edgy new movie with.. GASP.. ALL FEMALE GHOSTBUSTERS.

And the rest was history.

that's sexist
…cried that fucking moron Pascal any time someone tried to make a suggestion

Yeah I see what you mean.

LYNCHIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

If anything, this is going to help out the original movies, especially the second one. People will look at this and everything it did wrong and come to appreciate the other ones more.

This will remain a joke for a couple years, and be mostly forgotten after that. The dedicated defenders will bury it once they realize there's nothing they can do to save it and then move onto the next sacred cow. The original will still be the one that repeatedly gets DVD releases and shown on TV a thousand times around Halloween.

After next weekend, I doubt we'll ever hear about this movie unless it's some SJW cunt screeching on twitter for attention, "LOOK AT ME I'M WATCHING $GHOSTBUSTERS #TAKETHAT #GOOFYGOPHERS #BUSTTHEPATRIARCHY #FEMINISTLIVESMATTER"

Funny, because the theaters where this movie is being shown are mostly empty.

Does anyone have that tweet of that nut on twitter who said the success of this movie would determine the fate of feminism?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=similar&&view=&id=ghostbusters2016.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

All is right with the world.

JUST

So these confirm the obvious. That RT is pozzed with shills

(((Rebecca Cohen)))
archive.is/HZTql

Add Rotten Tomatoes to the list of poisoned wells.

Never really considered them anything special, but it's especially odd that they'd push for this so hard. Then again, review aggregators are easy to run and highly prone to corruption, like Metacritic.

Well Rotten Tomatoes was playing foul since they hyped shamelessly marvel capeshit and TFA

Was the movie really that expensive to make?

Yup. Seeing as all the other leaks and rumors turned out to be true, it's likely that they filmed tons of overblown scenes that burned up the budget but turned to shit because Feig is a spergy faggot, so they had to leave them on the cutting room floor.

This was in production for quite a while and they ended up with a 106 minute, fast-paced, slapdash piece of shit.

Pirates like to camrip movies they actually are interested in, or has a shitload of interest. That would imply there are pirates with such shit taste or that there is any interest except by sony employees.

$144 production plus another $150 in promotion and marketing.

Look at the other reboots on that list. With the exception Clash of Titans, all of them grossed roughly fourteen to eighteen million on opening, and ended up with a total domestic of around forty to sixty million. Which is around a tenth of what Cuntbusters needs to break even.

As we've pointed out over and over, this shit ain't going to China, which means they won't even hit that 1/10th mark.

This faggot implying Donald Trump will beat hillary Clinton because cisbusters flopped

If only it was that easy.

Hillary losing would be a huge setback for feminism.

Not because of that.

What happens if this bombs so hard that Sony destroys all copies of it and pirated rips become valuable in the future.

Like in the future, this film becomes an Internet urban legend like "A Day Out With Spongebob" with people debating whether or not the film was real or not.

We were anticipating it on release.

A day out with spongebob had only one person anticipating it's release

Based Trump knows what's up.

They went into this shit from the start with the intention of using terminology, symbols, and imagery from the originals because Feig and Pascal wanted to try and cash in on the nostalgia of the originals. Instead, they did the dumbest thing they possibly could: They reminded people that better movies exist and audiences could be watching them instead.

This is classic feminist tactics, however. They don't create. They don't invent. What they can do is infiltrate and take over from within, claiming the rights and authority to control something after it has already been established.

This allows them access to communities, fanbases, and popular pop culture icons without any of the work of having to establish those on their own. From there, the results are often disastrous, resulting in bad reboots, wild deviation from the original intent of the creators, and outright bastardization for the sake of SocJus brownie points.

So this was a combined Holla Forums and Holla Forums meme magic attack to fail cisbusters? Looks lile it worked.

Well, let's break it down:
>Kristen Wiig is the one whom critical consensus have singled out as the shittiest and most unlikeable performance in this turd (an almost impressive accomplishment); if she's smart she'll drop off for a bit and try to reinvent her acting approach

Sadly, Amy Pascal seems to be out of the line of fire after her leaked emails making black jokes at Obama's expense blew over without major incident. Given she is the one who actually got this dung-ball rolling in the first place, I am displeased.

Would be funny, but sony are ultimate jews and would try to recoup some losses by shilling the dvd far and wide.

Hard to say if this was proper meme magic, seeing as it was a bad idea from the start. Bad director. Bad Executive. Bad actors. Bad script.

The fact that this will parlay into a further cultural shift as more and more people become revolted by the liberal groupthink propaganda.. that might be meme magic.

I thought Pascal was removed as a Sony exec somewhere during the production because this was turning into such a shitshow?

I still have to wonder if the rumors of Paul Feig angering the actresses on set from /cow/ was true or not.

She's involved with an independent film company now, and her name is only loosely connected with the final product if at all. She was thrown under the busted, but it was done prematurely, and I'm worried that her share of the blame won't be brought to her now that it is a flop, and not just "going to be" one.

Considering his behavior for the past 2 decades.. I'd completely believe it. The guy is a noodle-spined, self-loathing, turbo-fag who thinks he's God's gift to entertainment.

That should have been bus. I'm on mobile; autocorrect glitches like a bitch every other time I type. You should still understand what I mean to say.

I think it was funnier as busted

Given the context, busted is very appropriate

Fair enough, but back on track; do you agree or disagree with my feelings that Pascal is the one with the dirtiest hands in this endeavor, and that her getting cut out while it was still in production means she's the one most likely to dodge the fallout of the negative reception and the full extent of the consequences she deserves?

I assumed it was a joke, m8. Chillax fam

Considering all the shit she had planned after this clusterfuck, it's safe to say the woman is a certifiable retard who should have never been given any kind of power.

We will see her again, I'm sure. She is listed as a producer for spider-pansy: homecoming unless sony is smart enough to kick her away, but I think she is there to stay so we will see more bullshit from her yet. Of course if spiderman fails then it would prove sony as the biggest retards of the entertainment industry to let her go on.

Oh believe me I'm not annoyed or anything. Forgive me if my posts have that tone, I have that problem a lot, whether I communicate through text or vocally.

I mean that goes without saying, and I remain reasonably certain that her new independent publishing company will tank within the next few years. I just feel that in this particular case, on this particular project, she's not getting all her just desserts.

She was the rat that fled the sinking ship. I think the fact that she needed to go independent says a lot about how the big-wigs in Hollywood think of her and her future prospects.

And for what its worth, there's a slim chance her company might hit the news in the near future, boasting all kinds of big investments and potential to shake things up, only to quietly go bankrupt within a year.

Female lead companies have been notorious unstable in recent years, and it's because so many of them are kool-aid chugging feminist lunatics.

JUSTBUSTERS

What are you referring to? The Spider Gwen movie?

I love when retards say stuff like this. All they're doing is helping undo the damage 2007 did by making being a nerd a bad thing again.

An all female superhero flick titled "The Glass Ceiling" and some other shit I can't remember at the moment.

The woman was so far up her own ass with this feminist shit that she seemed to think she was on the cutting edge, about to revolutionize the industry by making a bunch of low-concept pandering crap for millennials.

-Amy Pascal wanted to make more female-centric movies. That's what she's obsessed with.
-According to the leaks, her dream project was simply titled "Glass Ceiling" and all she had as an idea was that it would be a team of all female super heroes.
-She had been pushing for a Spider-Woman movie all along, and when AMS was met with a poor reception, she gave interviews that Spider-Man should be replaced with Spider-Woman as she really wanted that to happen.
-With the Ghostbusters movie, it was originally going to be Ghostbusters 3, but she wanted nothing to do with the original project. She wanted it to be a female-centric movie directed by Paul Feig. She forced them to fire Reitman, she got Feig, she essentially turned Ghostbusters into her "Glass Ceiling" project.
-She bought the rights to Zoe Quinn's GamerGate memoir to make a fucking movie about it.
-She's currently butchering Spider-Man: Homecoming. She's stuffing it with progressive messages and made them give it a "diverse" supporting cast.
-It's believed part of the reason she's pushing all this progressive bullshit is because of the leaks where she and another producer were joking about Obama's favorite movies being "12 years a slave" and "django unchained".
-In all of her e-mails she types in all caps.

She's living in her own fantasy world. It's like an autistic feminist with dementia is in charge of Sony. How in the fuck did ((she)) get her position?

do you even (((coincidence))) bro?

Completely forgot. Pascal was the one who paid for the rights to Zoe Quinn's life story so she could make a GamerGate movie with ScarJo.

No I'm not kidding. She's THAT Amy Pascal.

I barely even watch movies, let alone "geek" movies, they are all feminist rehashes or plain old awful remakes.

This is really a case of cronyism in action. There's no way she got to where she is without fucking some of her bosses along the way.

Knew it. She is going to be trying until (((executives))) listen to their pockets instead of their diversity projects, and stop using her.

Thanks, but you got a specific video? She's prolific, man.

they don't want to outright fire her to save face. Recently she tried to claim that fan favorite Civil War's spiderman was because of her, but in reality it was because she fucked ASM so badly.

Reminder thar Bill Murray was threatened into this shitshow by sony execs under penalty of law, forced to sponsor it and cunnilingus the sheboons against his will, and the character he played in the movie got litterally thrown off a window, killed and never mentioned again.

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

RT says differently

Curious to know where they got that lofty figure.

Alternately, the entire original cast and director are compromised.

archive.is/atTIF

???

So that's where the number rotten tomatoes is using right now comes from.

Unless it is a estimated given by sony, is probably they trying to shill that the movie succeed when is not.

Holy shit, I wish I was american just to vote for this guy

cradle the balls, stroke the shaft,

jack black was telling you how to move up in the corporate wordl

Wait, you mean to tell me they planned this before seeing the finished product?

Jesus Christ, Sony.

oh fuck yes

the curse continues

shit, we need all future sony projects to talk shit on the god emperor so they fail abysmally

And with each other.

yeah, it's like joe says in his review, they want it to be their mcu

Yes, they were that stupid

They better be thanking god that their videogame side of their company is making bank, because everything else is going to shit.

Nah she wont, her 15min of fame are up, fat bitch has been getting into too much shit as of late and nobody in the industry wants to hire a dumb bitch that drives people away from a movie, same reason why garofalo went from that "funny sarcastic chick from the 90s" to being literally nowhere but as talk show filler

She got demoted from being one of the leading execs from a major worldwide studio to losing all her industry connections and having to build a shitty indie company whose biggest upcoming movie was based on a book by zoe quinn that a judge might block because of all the libel in it

Bitch got knocked the fuck out the industry retard

And even that's not guaranteed with the way consoles have been going. Sony's main problem though is that gaming is what they have to fall back on now, as they've spun off a LOT of their traditional consumer electronics. In the last few years their A/V, monitor, computer and hardware portfolio has been shed.

They want to force a MCU-style success because they've left a lot of what they were at one time behind.

In other words, financially they have no choice but to generate their own hyper successful non-gaming franchise.

What? Seriously?

What the fuck you think she was working on? she doesnt have the budget to do shit and has to virtue-signal a fuckton to compensate for her obama jokes

Its made by the minion guys and one ad had a dig in a minion outfit. So no its unlikely to better.

That's the only reason I ever liked him but he's a flipflopper through and through. He will applaud dindus getting what's coming to them in one moment and in the next promote white genocide.

This has been one hell of a ride. From those first promo photos with the sick kids, the memes that followed, the rumours of how bad it might be, the leaked emails, feminist hate machine cranking into high gear, Sony taking a shit on the core fans that could have made this movie moderately successful……

They have got this wrong at every step.

And how much did they spend making it?

almost 150 mil

Kek'd

does this include advertising?

Probably not, Paul Fag said that the movie needed to rack 500 milion to beconsidered a "success"

Isn't it great that pic related became a reality? Feig is now doomed to never leave the girl comedy genre since not a single studio will take the risk of putting him in charge of a big project ever again.

I swear I've seen a dozen of those cropped pics and reverse image search gives nothing in return. Can you give some sauce?

Who cares whom these retards try to blame, their whining won't make any return and in the end the most important thing is that Sony is losing money again. I really hope that Pascal will stay with them just to destroy this shit company even further. If only it was possible to kill MS now.

I can't believe that people are defending the fact that one of the first jokes of the movies is a fucking queef.

No they'll blame evil sexist men for not wanting to see a movie with women in it.

Artwork looks like shadman

Jesus, was this going to be printed on a fifty foot wall?

you know, she step down after the sony hacks right? After a bit she remove from sony and replace Tom Rothman, you know the f4nstic guy that was fired from fox.

this movie wasn't shilled nearly as hard as the new Star Wars.

thats diffrent though. only the media pushed this blitz. With star wars alot of it was done for free from hype.

So why do Paul Feig's movies get so much praise?

They remind me of Adam Sandler movies but it's all Adam Sandler with a vagina.

pretending to like something that functioning human beings dislike is trendy.

dailymotion.com/video/x39wwu2

even on fucking Google play the shitty ghostbusters app is front and center

But wait, weren't we supposed to be in the minority? After all, look at the reviews and shilling that is going on. Surely this film will do well and not show how out of touch journalists and critics are with representing the everyman.

I mean, Sony listened to what the big media outlets and twitter wanted! Isn't that the mass majority? No?… oh…

Oh course, if the Target ceo is anything to go by these people genuinely don't give a fuck about money or their employee's jobs. It's all about following their social justice god.

disney also had the power of nostalgia on their side, by prominently promising a return to the old ways of less cgi and more sets, which we all know was bullshit. they struck the right chords in the older fans, on top of the constant interviews with everyone literally just saying "it's great" and forcing it down our throats.

i am still proud to say i haven't given them a dime, despite the over-saturation.

Maybe they are slightly classier than an Adam Sandler film, but you're right. It's because it's women making these jokes instead of men that they are getting praised.

Feels so good seeing them get so fucked. I can only hope Sony of Japan completely rapes Sony of America's ass for their constant bullshit. Then both their bullshit will collide and become a singularity of fail.

That's been their narrative for a while, but it's never been true.

Before GamerGate ever kicked things off, feminism still had a very bad reputation as being a group of man-hating feminazis and bulldyke lesbians.

After GamerGate fully exposed the kind of insane shit feminists were preaching, previously behind closed doors and at little hipster conventions, the opinion of feminism went down even more, making is less popular than it's ever been.

It really goes to show how out of touch these companies are when they still promote this shit.

At that moment, she realized she wasnt in the right rally.

I hope this breaks Sony. They all but abandoned the Vita and it is being carried by 3rd party heroes.

what did Target do?

People do realize sony pictures has virtually nothing to do with Sony the company, right?

I find this very hard to believe in that in the 1920s there were 4 million klansmen. I know in that back then up here in Seattle we used to have klan konventions where they would march in uniform and perform their rituals for the press as parts of recruitment drives and there would be thousands of klan members there.

Target lets transmen in ladies' rooms, despite mass boycotts and damage to stock prices. The CEOs response was 'it's current year!'

Good point. The media is trying to spin the GB disaster as a semi-success.

Why isn’t China into Ghostbusters? Probably because the original never screened there in the first place. But regardless of why there’s little interest, this development comes as a huge blow to the movie’s box-office prospects. Director Paul Feig told New York Magazine that the movie needs to make at least $500 million to be profitable—”and that’s probably low.”

Maybe Sony will get her back when people forget about this piece of shit. It's really good that Sony is too dumb and incompetent. I didn't even expect them to die that fast.

Disney has shit ton of power, even huge part of YouTube e-celebs are their bitches. Sony is a joke compared to Disney.

Sony of Japan is disgusting just like American HQ so I wouldn't be surprised if they approve business decisions of American division. Even Japanese hate Sony and they know it. That's why they killed Vita, they did it for the West which is the reason why their shitty locked hardware is still alive. I mean Japanese would rather buy Korean electronics and Japan hate gooks, that's how bad situation with Sony is.

Without Western support they will be vanished, the West is their only hope right now. If Xboner won console wars they would lose a lot of money and no one know if they would be able to stay alive, MS is still fine because they have shit ton of money and they can always rely on Windows.

Fuck them both then.

There was also a recent story about a tranny taking pictures of underage girls in the changing rooms at target.

TARGET YES

How in the hell does JUSTbusters need half a billion to be considered profitable? It really doesn't look that better special effects wise compared to the original, and I hear they spent 100 million on ads on top of the 144 million dollar budget. Just how much cash went into this film?

Did they not even learn from Fantastic Four's flop last year?

Pretty shilly here

Thats about another 100 million.

You know she is the producer of the new spiderman movie, right? She still controls one more flop for sony, its not over yet.

I doubt its in any real power. The marvel guys have more control this time around. She already fucked ASM and Sony can't outright fire her or they'll have to admit fault.

I have to wonder where that figure came from, when there's so much reports of theathers being empty.

I have to ask this as well. Is RT the only source of these numbers?

Companies are demanding more profit for what they create. Its why Sontywants a franchise because they see Marvel pulling in win after win and everyone is trying to make that sort of success the new normal. So making some millions above what you had spent is not good anymore because they want more and more profits.

If thats true, sony has multiple pascals because what we seen of spiderman is total shit that may end up being on par with ghostbusters bad.

Okay, that was actually pretty funny. Bravo, Dobson. I'll even ignore that this is yet another unneeded response to a random guy's comment on your art.

hiring a cast full of prima donnas is expensive. I bet a single person on the new crew demanded as much as about the whole team of the original.

It grossed $45 mil on opening weekend. Not enough to turn a profit, of course, but enough for us to believe that someone cares.

It's projected to make $45 mil. My guess is it gets mid 30s

Original image?

isn't that the nazi chink?

No movie should need to make this kind of money but when they're made, the people involved do whatever they can to use as big a budget as possible so they can get all of their friends lots of money for their shitty movie. Hardcore Henry came out last year and was made on a $2M budget despite the fact that it didn't really look like a low budget movie, because with slav magic and some solid niche actors you don't need to spend absurd amounts of money even on a movie with a ton of choreography and stuntmen. Jack and Jill on the other hand, with Adam $andler behind it, somehow ended up costing the studio $80M (this is a regular shitty comedy set in some normal American city with no significant use of special effects, no choreography, and no art assets to create). The reason it was so costly was because it was chock full of big name hollywood stars that might only get a couple lines from a cameo, and the point was so $andler could make his friends money while the production company footed the bill.

Hollywood is one big scam and the vast majority of good movies nowadays don't come from it.

So where can we prove that 53 mil figure being reported by RT is fake? I want to tear this down.

He's the pudgy chink who went on the warpsth because of that dumb limerick about the guy who killed himself because he got blown by a tranny.

Nobody else is reporting it. So…

Look it up and report user, I'm interested.

WHEN THERE'S A DIRTY NIG

IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

It's actually surprising there weren't any BLM references (that I know of).

fucking lol

Use a condom. Fucking stupid fruity cocksucker.

Not using the superior version of pic 1 where he is absolutely BTFO by a Nintendo fan who actually knows their shit.

If somebody has the article they should post it. The stock holders were desperately trying to talk to him and all he would do is regurgitate popular liberal buzzwords when they had absolutely nothing to do with what they were talking about.

You could tell they were a little unsettled by the experience and it really shows how harmful the new liberal movement has been.

It's fake

Have no fear, Sankaku is here.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4673713
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4818104

Both done by Sketchlanza. You're welcome.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4244317

For the reaction image.

>>>/normalfag/

Fuck, at least use the right insult, user, this is embarrassing.

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO SPOOKS

Holy shit, I wish I had heard that when I was younger.

OY VEY, SONY WON! LOOK AT ALL THESE SHEKELS!
www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm

Wew it's gonna be a flop, ain't no way they're gonna get 500k needed to turn this into success.

Whoops meant million when I said k both times.

archive.is/e9owU
just fuck my shit up fam.

Watch them shit their pants when it fails to make its money back and bombs like Hiroshima
Except Amy Pascal to kill herself.

Wait untill a judge blocks the gamergate book for libel

*expect