As a kid did you ever think the future would suck so bad? I ask this mainly to people born in the 80's...

As a kid did you ever think the future would suck so bad? I ask this mainly to people born in the 80's. Did you ever see it coming? It's like living in a nightmare. Everyday I start to understand more and more about the "allure" of death.

Hollywood jews were always around pushing pozz but it didn't really take off until the 2000's and the emergence of the Internet.

I would argue that it took off long before that but most people weren't exposed to it prior to the internet. It has festered in universities for a long time.

Still better than being born female.

You won the Cold War, without an adversary you eat yourself from the inside.

As someone who grew up in the 80's, I can say that left wing faggotry was always around. Difference is it is now the dominant discourse in the country with conservatives completely marginalized in the media and academia.

Gamergate and the rise of Trump is both a reaction against both the left wing dominance and failure of traditional conservatives to stop the dominance.

Yeah we were so focused on Soviet Union that we didn't realize there were (((enemies))) working to bring down the country from inside.

Some people knew.

Gamergate didn't mean shit, nothing has really changed much in the year or two since it was over and it just gave SJWs ammo to fire at people with genuine complaints. It had nothing to do with politics, it was just exposing hack journalists and game developers for being hacks. It didn't even get the harassment angle until the Social Justice crusade spun it that way. Plus video games aren't important in the grand scheme of things.
Trump and Brexit are what actually matter, if those movements fail then its all over. I can guarentee years from now we'll be hearing the narrative of "you're a conservative? you don't want another LITERALLY HITLER Donald Trump or Brexit movement, do you? I mean we were so close to facism, leftism is the only way forward goyim!"

I faintly remember being a kid in the 90s and seeing something on television that was very sjw like (i think it was a woman on a talk show complaining about men/patriarchy). I remember being a kid and thinking about how easy it woyld be to exploit this since a lot of women hate having to do their gender roles (and the media loved degrading them about it) and the allure for them not having to be mothers while blaming men, and men wouldn't have a say in it.

Media has been better now than when I was growing up in the 90's as a kid so I can't complain too much about what entertainment is available.

In terms of jobs things do suck pretty bad thanks to so much immigration that has depressed wages.

Though on politics things are looking up a bit after the mess that was The Daily Show which promoted more closed minded reasoning.

It's the general backlash that's been occurring after the era of The Daily Show. Which is to say that when people stopped treating the left's sacred cows as untouchable subjects it caused things to turn more against the left. It's kinda laughable to say GG gave ammo to anyone since it never did anything to be genuinely worth using as ammo, which partly showed how it didn't matter what you did since the media and SJWs would always treat anything their opponents did as being as sign they're "literally Hitler".

We're at a point where people are fine calling out the liberal bullshit that has had a stranglehold on the media for years which is at least something of an improvement from where we were.

I feel like The Daily Show and the style of jokes they did regarding politics poisoned a lot of minds as they promoted this method of shutting out any wrongthink by acting like disagreement with PC culture was a punchline. You had an entire generation thinking creating straw mans to punch down was the pinnacle of humor.

Nope. I had no idea. I would have never imagined things would turn out this way.

I expected Back to the Future Part II (the good future before Biff ruins the timeline), or at least the sparkling dystopia of Blade Runner.

I would have been content for things to remain as they were. I'd even go back to the early 00's.

But this.

The worst thing of it all is that film has gotten so shit. It used to be the place people could escape to. Now it's something else to escape from.

What media is better now than in the 90's?

There was degeneracy and feminism everywhere, but it still hadn't taken over everything.

Pop culture was still fun and there are lots of great movies, music, from this decade.

Proto-SJWs pozzed everything up with PC, but this lead to lots of pushback, even from liberals.

People openly mocked PC, pop culture declined in this decade but there were still some good movies being made, and even some music.

Oddly less PC than the 90's, but this is where pop culture took its nosedive. Digital, color-graded, shakycam movies, an ocean of horrible, unfunny sitcoms on TV, music that's overproduced, compressed, and manufactured.

All in all a terrible decade, but not without its brighter moments. In retrospect, it was the calm before the storm.

The sitcoms are even unfunnier, the music is even shittier, PC is back and we've gone full pozzed, capeshit movies rule the boxoffice, SJWs control everything.

There's been a few bright gems glittering amid the darkness but more and more they seem to be fading away.

It's been nice knowing you guys, society was a good experiment while it lasted.

tbh I never thought I'd live this long

i think we're not that distant from a cyberpunk scenario

You could argue that 2000s/2010s TV is better than the 90s. Is anything from the 90s comparable to Sopranos, Rectify, Mad Men, BrBa, The Wire?

x files

Frasier

This is a good point. One silver lining to 21st century TV has been the rise of the (usually) cable limited run drama.

These usually have fewer episodes per season, with more attention paid to the writing and production of each ep, and ongoing stories that (ideally) actually go somewhere.

These sorts of shows are usually the only kind I find myself watching much anymore. But I think typical network TV, the ~22 episode cop shows, the sitcoms, etc, have only gotten worse.

Not on the level of those shows I listed. Gets old fast and some of the MOTW episodes are total trash.

Granted I haven't watched Frasier and 90s comedy shows, but people talk of them more favourably than Big Bang Theory or whatever else is on at the moment. Comedy was likely better back then.

you sir have an utter shit taste
but then again it's what you would expect from someone who praises the current year

80's kid here. I recall being a nerdy teen in the 90s and my friend at the time lending me a Star Trek parody book that he enjoyed (I think it was called Star Wreck). The book lampooned everything about the "utopian" future portrayed in Gene Roddenberry's vision.
There a point in one of the books where the Picard character is giving a speech to a progressive Federation crowd sick of his un-PC ways. He opens by apologising for being a white male, to the approval of the feminists watchers.

In the mid-nineties, this was an exaggerated parody of what unrestrained political correctness could be like in four hundred years…

Anyone watching the news may have seen that (((white))) kid receiving a commendation for apologising for his white male privilege this week.

this one?

>>>Holla Forums

sage for not Holla Forums

Go back to Holla Forums, retard.

piss off back to your containment board, crybaby
>>>Holla Forums
also, sage negated

Kek

Nope; not the parody films. These books.

Ellen is so cute.

My father believed the future had space travel, I was already down to having flying cars. None would have ever believed Demolition Man would have been it.

How many scapegoats do you need? How long will you suffer before realizing the problem is inside you? What's wrong with your entire generation?

Damn, reddipol, lurk. I couldn't make this shit up.

This is a mediocre ironic parody.

bigger than 9/11 tbh

Hello Holla Forums

On this we agree, goon. Young whites should be fighting back, marching through the streets and hanging coons from lampposts. Queers like you should be lined up and shot by our youth but instead they play pokeman and gobble up librul bullshit and lies like that which you spew.

We didn't win

I wish I still felt that way

I was born in '81, and no, I did not.
I thought we'd either live in a post-nuclear wasteland, which would be brutal but cool, or in an exciting time of interplanetary exploration, intelligent robots, and magnificent techno-cities.

what I hate is that everyone is becoming more authoritarian, more fascist, more in favor of corporate/govt control. you see this on all sides and its really worrying. everyone is so easily divided then conquered by petty issues like gender or religion or some stupid thing. they think that they will be happy or something if they vote in some assholes who will punish anyone who does anything they don't approve of. if you dare to suggest that hey maybe handing more power to the powerful isn't the answer, you're called a communist or something equally meaningless. in the USA, where I live, no one dares to publicly suggest that Democrat vs Republican is a sham, a media spectacle, even though we all know it in our hearts to be the most obvious thing in the world. people respond to you with bullshit fallacies like "hurrr you think we should take a third option? you need to play by the system's rules or else you're neutral and therefore an evil terrorist". it's kind of scary, you can't talk about realpolitik in the USA, it will either go over everyone's head ("but that's not what Fox/NBC told me is true!") or they'll report you ("he doesn't trust the banks? sounds like a terrorist!").
i don't see men any more, i see cattle.

I remember being fifteen; it's really tough, emotionally. Hang in there.

Look at this gommie scum.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Preferably somewhere far away, where no one has to listen to your bleating about anarchy or whatever pie in the sky shit you think will magically make humans not selfish tribal bastards.

exactly my point, thank you for making an easy example.

Are you a woman, or a nu-male?

Seriously, what is your magic fix that you will pontificate on given the slightest opportunity? I'm all ears.

Can someone explain this (((jew))) thing to me?

Walt Bismark?

All real men are also male feminists.

I thought he was a crazy bitch after watching that film and realized is 90% of the characters she plays.

We were supposed to have flying cars, space colonies, advanced earth technology, deep space travel by now.

Instead, we get mentally ill schizos being allowed to mutilate their genitals and pretend to be the opposite sex, and you being some inconceivable evil if you disagree with it.
Instead we have a mandate to reach out to, pander to, and import people that would kill us, outbreed us, and enslave us.
THE FUCKING SCIENCE FICTION MOVIES OF THE 50S AND 60S WERE SUPPOSED TO BE REALITY NOW.

Fucking jews ruin everything.

The 90s had a bunch of shitty overrated shows too, user.

Just how youngfag are you, kid?

>>401575 >>402260
>>>/freech/

Take that feminism

Yes.

Everyone told me I was nuts and I bought into the bluepilled bullshit that is libertarianism for too many hears. But everything I feared in my youth came true.

You are educated in lies at school.

Can't appreciate the light without the dark.

The darker this future gets, the brighter it will become when it all comes crumbling down.

What opened my eyes to how badly the educational system had decayed was going into the colleges own library and finding reams of books directly contradicting what they teach written by far more talented and learned scholars than my professors. If only more students bothered to read beyond the basic classroom texts or consider any other viewpoints beside that of the Professors then we would not have so many problems. "Soft sciences" are in a particularly bad state. Hard science is still mostly pure.

>>>/freech/

That would almost be an improvement over the soft totalitarian managerial state.

Morrakiu, you are truly my greatest ally.

None, you and only people like you are the problem Holla Forums

Are you even trying?

TBH I didn't expect this cultural shift, I did expect other things to go to shit and fuck up my quality of life and stuff

Its not even leftwing anymore, there is no talk about growing economic inequality, why? because that's not good for all the limousine liberals out there. You are most likely to hear a speech from reagan about the problems in the rust belt in the 80s than a member of the "left" establishment giving a fuck about the middle class today. The reason they push this gender/race bullshit is because it deviates the issue from them into literally any white/white-ish guy out there even if he's poor as fuck

Nigger please, that fuck would be a SJW today, he uses the exact same bullshit fear tactics people like hillary are using now.

The Sopranos WAS from the 90s you retard

But best of all

EVERYBODY DOES FAGGOT, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL

You must be fifteen if you still buy the librul propaganda at this point but I doubt you're actually a kool-aid drinker for real.

How is it bullshit if he was right?