I watched this for the first time a few minutes ago

i watched this for the first time a few minutes ago.

this has to be one of the most uncomfortable movies i've ever seen.

Uncomfortable good or uncomfortable bad?

bad uncomfortable, but in a way that made the movie good.

I'm gonna need you to explain that a little more.

Movie was robbed at the Oscars. If it had been a stronk black womyn instead of gylenhaal probably would have won best picture.

i don't understand how this sort of uncomfortable can be good. lou is a despicable piece of shit psychopath autist, and the stuff he stuff he did for a paycheck made me uncomfortable in a way that didn't feel good. its a good movie, it's not a "feel good movie" though.

Shit movie made by leftists with a propagandistic agenda. The movie claims that the news media wants to highlight urban crime and that it's led by wanting to demonize niggers and spics because that's what gets ratings, when in reality the media always white washes everything and avoids mentioning that the criminals are mostly from browntown. So the villain instead is this white male played by Gylenhaal, representing the viewing tastes of suburban white America. It's operating on a leftist paradigm which is false as compared to reality. Like I said, in reality the mainstream media is filled with leftists and they go out of their way to ignore the slant of violent crime being heavily "vibrant".

Yet another (((Hollywood))) movie designed to demonize the white male and suburban America.

Wasted quads.

yeahno

Assblasted lefties can't refute.

honestly jakey makes the flick
it's a shame that stories with a white male lead just can't exist in today's hyper-pc, gynocentric society

Fuck off back to your hugbox Holla Forumsddit

But user, don't you know they're good boys who dindu nuffin?

always with the shiksa smh fuck

What are you talking about nigger? I never said anything about Jews being white.

What a shocker.

Hello, goon. Prepped any good bulls lately?

He means good uncomfortable.

I always assumed that Nightcrawler was set in 2006 or something. "Black people breaking into upper class house." was basically "white cop shoots a black teenager" of that time period, and news ran those stories almost daily.

Movie was accurate in showing how ridiculous and dishonest news stations are, and that they don't want to inform the public at all, but to make as much on ad revenue as possible.

Establish your foundation with a bit of truth then sprinkle whatever you want on it.

now realize that almost every wealthy person, every politician, every CEO, every banker…they've done all that and more. they run your society, they could have you killed with a word. that's the real harrow of this film, kind of like how the state is the real horror in Enemy, another fantastic movie with old Jake starring.

a competent parody of neo-liberal millennial nonsense, I award 5/10.

Jake Gyllenhaal is half jewish, so if anything it paints the jewish community in a bad light if you acyually thought about it.

Did you know you can filter out Holla Forums goons like these?

Nice summary. inb4butthurtjewpigs

How was his post liberal in any way?

Thanks for saving me 2 hours

neo-libs aren't actually liberals

why do they even bother?

Have a better webm.

spot the cucks

no i meant that the post was a great parody of neo-liberal Holla Forumscucks who just spout mimetic nonsense about jews, race, identity politics, etc. the heavy-handed (((social signalling))) made the parody over-the-top and therefore obvious, so fewer points were awarded.

they don't, anyone rambling about 'duh goons' is someone suffering from a mental illness or an Holla Forums shitposter themselves.

I'm not going to bother trying to figure out if everyone ITT is being ironic or not and juts throw my shitty opinion out there.
I liked this movie, despite the fact that realistically he would've been arrested immediately for entering a fresh crime scene and obtaining footage of it.
Also, his original employee's death was some retarded bullshit. How was the faggot murderer who got into a major car crash still able to shoot at a motherfucker, much less accurately enough to kill him, despite being literal seconds away from dying?

Maybe I'm remembering that scene wrong, but it just struck me as fucking stupid.

Otherwise it was pretty good.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/freech/
>>>/somethingawful/

Apparently footage gathering crews and all the competition in the business are real in many countries, United States included. Bits about facilitating crimes for footage were apparently taken from a news story in Brazil. There definitely were exaggerations in the film though.

It's not as unlikely as you may think, journalists are scum of the earth. Remember a few months ago when MSN broke into the terrorists house and broadcast before police got there, they re-arranged toys in a baby crib, basically exactly what you saw in Nightcrawler.

Sure they are. Probably is liberal means whatever you want it to mean these days.

Problem is*

what are some other movies with a similar character?

Lord of War

it's been a long year lad

I know I responded to this thread last night, but my posts are gone.
What the fuck?

And my posts reappeared. Holla Forums is being fucky again I guess.

I didn't realize these cunts could actually get away with that sort of shit.
What the fuck man?

Was this supposed to be a dark comedy?

?????????
What the..

Comedy? No I think more of a dark thriller?

Though I do think Jake Gyllenhaal did a great job acting, I actually think they guy who did Rick was even better. It's easy to forget about him, but Rick was an excellent example of a really believable young Californian lowlife type. The newswoman did a great job too. This is definitely one of those movies where a big part of the appeal is the quality of the acting, and I'm usually one to not give a shit about that sort of thing.

Firstly I think it definitely isn't set in the current year.

Secondly go look at local news. They don't give a shit about CURRENT YEAR bullshit because their primary demographic is elderly people. They get their money from broadcasting whatever is most likely to scare your grandma, and that would be exactly what the movie depicts.

You're remembering the scene wrong. He doesn't die from the car crash, he walks out after shooting Rick and gets shot by the police.

Found one!

I love how this retard can never actually disprove whatever he responds to and just calls it "reddi/pol/ memellinnial nonsense" and accuses others of social signaling while he social signals about how "woke" he is about le evil corporations and how the mainstream media has everyone fooled but him.