So now that the general Holla Forums quasi-hivemind's totally not edgy hipster opinion has dramatically shifted to...

So now that the general Holla Forums quasi-hivemind's totally not edgy hipster opinion has dramatically shifted to thinking that the Prequel Trilogy is in fact not just good, but all classics in their own right, masterpieces, and occasionally even downright Kino, what am I supposed to think about this guy?

Like, I know that Plinkettplebs hate him but what do the patricians on Holla Forums think about him? How do I justify him with the fact that Episode 1 is a pure Kino Masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

chronicle.com/article/Why-George-Lucas-Is-the/134942
fd.noneinc.co/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html
fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nobody thinks that, faggot
we just say the prequels are worse

I would never say they are good, but I think they are definitely better than the new movie

also

hey bubbo i think you acctidentally added a "t" in Holla Forums

So a couple of anons like a movie but don't like TFA, which I assume you loved, so you go out of your way to make a thread about how much it annoys you that they're not agreeing with you? Even though everyone agrees the prequels aren't that good but aren't in on the hate meme, which apparently also triggers you? It's amazing what hypocrites anons like you can be. If everyone was agreeing with you on everything you wouldn't be complaining yet when the majority agrees on something you don't, you throw a shit fit and call it a circlejerk for not being a circlejerk about something you like to jerk to.

Holla Forums will be Holla Forums

They're not

I hated Ray and Bojangles but the prequels are garbage

yeah, i think you're looking for /r/tv

This.

Jurassic World was a dogshit, generic "soft reboot" of Jurassic Park but it still wasn't as bad as most of the Jurassic Park sequels. Star Wars prequelfags need to understand that things can have different degrees of "shit".

the lost world was a good flick
jurassic world wasn't
faggot

Come on now.

The Jew Awakens was still shit, niggers.

I agree with this user. The prequels were disappointing as can be and TFA was pieces of SW trash glued together with a mediocre and derivative plot.

I want Jar Jar's long tongue all up in my asshole.

Settle down, Holla Forums

Holla Forums, you do realize that nobody actually likes you……..right?

Okay…

Nice samefagging there. Idiots who start irrelevant arguments on a board because of cross board posting are worse than cross board shitposters.

Jar-Jar as a sith is more believable than Daisy Ridley as a jedi

They'll go to on the day of the rope with their weak genetics.

What did you mean by this?

I'm glad you asked, user. To fully understand the prequels and the Star Wars saga in general you need to both understand the fundamentals of myth, be familiar with the western canon and a number of other cultures and religions. Then you need to absorb the works of the masters of film to fully appreciate the kinematic language that Lucas uses throughout the prequels.

In the case of Jar Jar there is on the surface a very accessible character arc, theme and role. He is a primordial being, pure and wild from nature that is unwittingly corrupted over time. While not a trickster like Sheev he is whimsical and much like a beast he is both loyal and not very intelligent. He serves a similar role as Chewbacca did in the original trilogy, only difference is that he is benign as the prequels are set before the fall. Some parallels can also be drawn between him and the view that people had of negroes during the slavery era, when they had yet to get the reputation of being bloodthirsty rapists, robbers and murderers.

Symbolically speaking he represents the naive primitive force that later would help topple the empire in the last film.

The prequels are the highest form of the medium, utilizing the strengths of expression unique to film to create high art. The prequels are audio visual tone poems that focus entirely on the kinographic presentation before everything else. So when you watch the prequels you are seeing the pure essence of kino as an art form. Lucas like Fellini, Kurosawa and Tarkovsky were all striving to perfect this art. Unlike them he managed to create a cultural touchstone and a pillar of American culture, thanks to his lack of pretense and naïveté that allowed his works to be widely accessible yet iconic.

If they had gone with the Sith Lord Jar-Jar theory, I would have gone to see TFA.

Snoke could easily have been replaced with Jar Jar, it would have made more sense too since it wouldn't have been an asspulled new sith lord out of nowhere but an old Jar Jar that corrupted Kylo. Thinking about it that would actually have been great.

That would've been fucking amazing, to take this hated goofball comic relief character and elevate him to super bad guy status! Imagine the reaction of people in the theaters who didn't hear the inevitable spoilers. It would've been incredible.

Snoke could've just been Darth Plagueis.

And by that I mean that the current guy is shit. If he had been Plagueis or Jar Jar he would've felt far more important and relevant. Now there's shitty theories that this cgi character is an Anakin clone or some shit.

Plagueis died though, it would be a shitty retcon to bring him back.

That would have been an amazing reveal, it's a shame that sort of stuff gets out so quickly these days. Films can't really surprise people anymore.

The thing is a lot of people reconsidered their opinion on the prequels when people who say the prequels are shit were saying that the new movie , which is definitely shit, is good. Upon this reconsideration we found that the prequels are still bad, but not nearly as bad as we all were collectively memeing them to be.

Now the only ones still going on about the prequels being "the worst" when TFA is obviously the worst, are TFAfags.

From now on, if you attack the prequels I just assume you are trying to sneakily elevate TFA out of the shit pit.

TFA is the worst Star Wars movie. That is a fact.

You just wait for Rogue One, TFA isn't going to be the worst for long.

Just because everyone here thinks that they're better than VII and arguably on par with the OT doesn't mean that they're good. The people like me that hold the latter opinion don't do so because we think that both the OT and prequels are good movies, but because they are equally shitty movies in their own ways.

I have seen some contrarian plebbitors in my time but this takes the cake. I mean seriously? Just admit that TFA was good already and stop this nonsense.

If any of you are interested in understanding the genius of Lucas this article is pretty good. Makes a good case for why he deserves both respect and admiration from kinophiles.

chronicle.com/article/Why-George-Lucas-Is-the/134942

And this could give you the other side of the picture.
At least for me it explains the constant defacing of the original trilogy and why he wrote the prequels as an allegory of himself as Anakin
Skywalker.

fd.noneinc.co/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

Link doesn´t work for some reason. Here:
fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

Try harder.

How is it bait? I'm just stating the obvious, that all this is Holla Forums getting triggered over RLM not hating TFA.

how about pointing out Mike's hypocrisy of praising many things in TFA that he labelled as faults in the prequels in the Plinkett reviews?

Darth Jar Jar objectively saved Episode 1.

jar jar is actually the plebbest reproach that can be made to the prequels, he's got actually not that much screen time in phantom menace

I think Jar Jar is generally used as a scapegoat by people who can't pinpoint exactly why they found TPM so disappointing. The average person can't really tell the difference between well written dialogue, and poorly written dialogue, between good direction, and poor direction. It's just something that they feel. So when they came out of the theatre feeling disappointed, they were confused as to why that was. The movie had cool Jedis, lightsabers, robots, and spaceships. It should have been awesome, so why wasn't it? It must all be the annoying CGI character's fault.

They just said it was fine for what it was trying to be, like with the first Bad Robot Trek. They still made fun of it here and there.

it just comes down to whether you value creativity or competency more, the prequels were much more creative but totally inept and the new movie was a bland action movie. it's the difference between eating your ten-year old kid's ice cream spaghetti and going to olive garden, you'll puke the first one up but at least you'll REMEMBER it

They only thing they made fun of was Captain Phasma for doing nothing, the rest was just praise about how the film "played it safe" and "got back to its roots" instead of pointing out how much of a rip off it was.

I still remember them being a lot more passive than that, with them riffing things like the final scene

Face it dude, you would have kept crying fowl if they had ripped on the movie only out of expectation. They probably felt they best save well thought-out commentary for a potential Plinkett review, not the quick stoner talk show.

What took you so long?

Lost World was a dumb leftist flick about protecting violent animals from evil white people. Jurassic world on the other hand is about an alpha white man making a business driven woman see the error of her ways while fighting a mix bred monster and protecting two white kids. I know which one I'd rather watch.

They were paid off by Disney and wouldn't shit on the movie despite it desperately needing it, you RLM fanboy faggot. Isn't it hard for you to see the monitor with Mike's dick in your mouth?

Nice to see the GB review still hasn't stopped the butthurt over the fucking TFA review

Cute memepost, kid. Next time save the IDpol for Holla Forums or Holla Forums, where it belongs.

People just thought that the prequels were more unique and ambitious than a reboot that reuses previous formulas to play it safe.

Go back to le Reddit.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums you prepubescent edgelord

Lost World is great you faggot, pure Кино in comparison to shitpile that was Jurassic World.

That's not to say the prequels weren't ever hack pandering and the new movies don't try to raise the bar in some ways

So, treason then?

>>>/freech/

looks like /reddipoleddit/ got meme'd the fuck out, as usual.

Return to your leftist hugbox.

Plebs will be plebs. The Prequels however will outlive them all, 100 years from now people will watch them with reverence the same way people today watch Citizen Kane.

One day, the Prequels and Marvel movies will be studied in prestigious film colleges and liking them will be a sign of pretension to the common man. I'm glad I will be dead before having to see that day.

Fuck off pleb, Marvel movies wont even last the decade. The Prequels are forever.

You are both stupid tasteless fags. Neither will stand the test of time. Watch more classic kino and do a little research on what quality films are remembered and what high selling shlock is forgotten.

As a film student I have already studied the prequels as examples of avant-garde in the mainstream and as pioneers of many techniques. I am afraid that day is already here.

I want some of the stuff you're smoking.

Do some real kino watching and research film history, poser. The memes have given you delusions of taste. This must be rectified before you spout your inadequate opinions.

I've seen everything German expressionism has to offer, I've watched the best of French surrealism, I've been molded by Italian neorealism. If anyone knows kino it's me and I consider the prequels the pinnacle of the art. If you don't have the frame of reference to understand why that is then you are the real poser.

Pulling up a wikipedia article and listing off names you see there is sad. You fool no one. I suggest you take my advice and actually learn something about the art form if you insist on discussing the subject like this. Come back when you have. I won't indulge you anymore today. Otherwise, stick to memeing, son.

Go suckle on the cock of middle-aged hipster film critics. The Prequels are more valuable than your entire bloodline.

Nigger I grew up on Fellini, Fritz Lang, Ingmar Bergman, Tarkovsky, Dalí and so forth. I'm afraid I don't know much of the fancy pretentious academic lingo but I know kino.

It just got real fucking /film/ up in here. You all sound like lisping aspies with this shit.

What did he mean by this?

He meant he loves eating the shit of the eternal mouse. Also he implied that his favorite film is The Avengers.

Calling your bluff, poseur. Name 10 kinos.

Nothing about the new movie raises the bar in any way shape or form.

It raised the bar of how shitty a sequel can be. It's not only a remake and reboot at the same time but also took a piss on the old trilogy. The script was a mess, there was hardly any practical effects at all, the acting was terrible… In terms of how shitty it was it is up there.

It also showed studios that the movie itself is secondary to the marketing and social media control. Mass audiences are brainless cattle that can be corralled into the theater if you have the right brand name.

That was already well known though, everyone knew it would be a box office success as soon as they announced it.

The prequels were so good that even JJ stole from them.

Kind of like how the prequels all made pretty decent money despite all being awful. We just kept going back, thinking "OK this one doesn't have Jar-Jar or an annoying kid or whatever, it can't be that bad, surely Lucas got ti right this time". But no, they only got worse.

Pls go away, Mike.

It's REALLY not hard to consider the prequels better than TFA if only for one thing. World building.

See, Lucas may be a shit writer and director, but he did one thing right in showing just how large a galaxy really should be. We get to see a bunch of new worlds and aliens, new ships and weapons, we even get to see what the Jedi Order and Old Republic were like and what led up to their falls.

TFA though? All the planets are basically planets from the first trilogy with the bar-code scratched out, all the ships and weapons are basically from episode 4 but with LESS variety (Where are the Y-Wings or TIE-Interceptors!?) and I honestly have no clue as to what the hell is going on in the galaxy (Who are the First Order!? Why is the Republic capital on that planet and why does the destruction of that planet wipe out most of the Republic fleet!? How did Snoke corrupt Kylo Ren!?).

Say what you will about 1-3, at least I wasn't sitting around wondering "wait, what?" half the damn time.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

A COMIC RELIEF CHARACTER IN A STAR WARS MOVIE??!?

WHAT A HERESY!

LIKE, OH SHIT ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

I'll never get the haters obsession with Jar Jar. He's not funny to an adult, but neither are the droids.

He's supposed to make the children laugh, not you. That's exactly what your parents thought when they saw the original movies with you as kids.

Alphaville, Seventh Seal, Breathless, Bicycle Thief, Tin Drum, Andrei Rublev, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Das Boot, Citizen Kane

Fuck off, pleb.

sheboon pls go

Nigger, fuck you. Jar Jar served his purpose, complaints about him are bullshit.

I'm not complaining about jar jar you illiterate fuck, I'm making fun of you

The only banter Holla Forums is capable of handling is Holla Forums's because they fail at literally everything. Most banter is just responded to with "fuck off kike."

Wew, any politically based board shits up threads.

>>>/leftytv/

I was a kid when TPM came out, so Jarjar was fucking hilarious to me. I can just fall back on nostalgia to rationalize everything involving Jarjar. And tbh he isn't really a bad or useless character; he's pretty important to getting the ball rolling on the storyline of the prequel trilogy. From providing the vital diplomacy between the Naboo and the Gungans to win the battle in TPM to playing the useful idiot role perfectly in AOC, the naive Jarjar Binks is a critical component in handing the galaxy over to Sheev. His diminishing role throughout the series makes the decline of the fellowship formed in TPM evident, which provides a part of the necessary emotional logic necessary for the viewer to believe in the decline of Anakin too.

tl;dr Jarjar did nothing wrong

Fuck off kike.
I'm onto you Shlomo, you can't use pinkos as a scapegoat forever.

Jar Jar is better than Chewbaca. This is a fact.

Star Wars fans have had to compartmentalize the anal expulsions of the EU writers for decades.

The worst part about the prequels is how torn people are about them. Half of the content is actually good ideas. Sometimes they're even executed well. The novelization for Episode III is fantastic. The problem is that George crapped out the scripts, he had nobody to say "this is a silly idea", he had nobody to say, "this is too cluttered, simplify it". His editor was an amateur friend who couldn't defy him, when the editor on the original trilogy was his wife and she's actually got talent.

But ILM did a fantastic job with most of the effects. The character designs George picked are great. Good work all-around on the worldbuilding. All the planets are super cool. Half the characters are interesting, even if the other half are just flat. There's so much potential in the ideas. The prequels are an unstrained idea soup that needed the good bits to be extracted and compacted into something solid. And they weren't. They were thrown at the wall. "More is better".

Structurally, they're awful. The writing is terrible. The actors did their best.

But you know what? They had creativity. Something a hack fraud like JJ Abrams can't comprehend. I've never seen someone fail so completely at ripping off just the aesthetic of something without taking any of the substance. He manages to attempt that, and then fails to even nail the aesthetic or the world properly. It's actually impressive how much he got wrong.

George didn't understand filmmaking, but at least he understood Star Wars. And at least we got a ton of great novels covering the post-original trilogy period, plus so many great spin-offs of the prequels that use the setting effectively.

JJ didn't even try to mimic the directing style of the old films with TFA, it was pretty much shot exactly like his Star Trek reboot only with less lens flares. George might not have been very good at the character drama and depicting people in a natural way but he is a great visual director. The almost documentary style of the pre-mouse SW was a big part of the feel of the films.

More like 90% of prequel threads will have people fellating them and shitting all over anyone that dares to think otherwise.

Stop trying to act like Holla Forums and Holla Forums isn't one giant hivemind. They are, because like minded individuals will always flock together. You may have dissidents, but you will always have a majority opinion.

That majority opinion can be right.

TFA is objectively worse than the prequels.

The only thing Holla Forums can seem to fully agree on is that TFA was shit. So shit that it made many people reevaluate the prequels and look at them differently now that we have a turd to compare them to. Many anons still strongly dislike the prequels though, some always liked them, some changed their minds. I think that's okay.

sick burn. Very true.

Put it this way (you're right).

I have watched some of the fan edited versions of the prequels. I have watched them in different order. I still don't like them, but I tried. I do like the music till this day and it holds up.

TFA. I will watch it ONE more time to see the 30 minutes they said they cut out, to see Capt Phasma arc, but that's it.

I will never watch it again. The only good part was TR8-TOR busting out that shock stick and going ape on that ape. I can watch that on jew-tube at my leisure.

ROGUE ONE will be pirated or I will walk into it after I watch the movie I buy the ticket for. I have read the entire series, some audiobooks, still own my original soft covers.

Whenever I ask
Disney shills come out of the woodwork to tell me to shut up, eat the mouse's shit, AND smile.

Fuck Disney.

God, these both look so terrible.

>>>Holla Forums