Why do women think we're afraid of female protagonists???

Why do women think we're afraid of female protagonists???

We have liked and even loved several of them, for a long long time.

We've loved Aliens

We've loved Terminator 1 and 2

We've loved Mad Max Fury Road

We've loved Hit Girl in Kick Ass

We've loved Kill Bill

We've loved Lara Croft

We've loved Star Wars: TFA

There are countless examples of movies, shows and cartoons featuring female protagonists that were liked or loved by men.

Because its dumb. We only tolerate strong female protagonists because we can't be bothered with reaction against us not tolerating them.

Aliens is shit by the way.

Is because we don't like bad movies with bad protagonists in it.

So, as the shameless hacks they are, rather than concede their movies suck, they prefer to blame their failures on someone else. And that's why they made selective memory.

lol no

Maybe a no taste pleb like you did.

Who is this "we" you speak of?

Get out and take your emo edgyness with you.

Men like watching sexy women. They know it isn't realistic but fiction isn't a documentary so you can have fun with it.

You're assuming their opinions are based in reality and they aren't.

You're the one who needs to fuck off and never come back.

Hitgirl was pedo bait

6/10

You have shit taste you little spacka, no wonder you have no friends.

I loved fury road but hated Furiosa, she was the most boring character imagineable

I hated TFA and I also hated Rey, she was a complete Mary Sue and was somehow more boring than Furiosa

I was sorta okay with Kick Ass and tolerated Hit Girl

The others are fine examples though. Ones that I would suggest as alternatives to take the place of the shit ones are Ofelia in Pan's Labyrinth, Jay in It Follows, Cady in Mean Girls, neo Nazi chick in Green Room, Ana in Dawn of the Dead 2004, Mathilda in Leon, or Chihiro in Spirited Away.

Did I accidentally end up on reddit or SA somehow?

We need movies that people have actually seen

I'm sure they're at least as well known as Kick Ass which was listed in the OP

Foreign
I'll give you that
It's a remake. Still, maybe I'll give you that
Animated and foreign

Fuck off, Holla Forums

8chins is Holla Forums you nu-male cuck.

Both of those movies may be foreign but they are incredibly well known in the US. I talk to a lot of people about movies since it's my go to subject with casuals, and almost all of them that I've talked to have both seen and liked Pan's Labyrinth and Spirited Away. And these aren't the types to watch lots of good foreign movies, I also usually bring up Oldboy, Battle Royale, and Amelie inb4 muh pretentious artsy shit, but almost none of them have seen any of the ones I just listed.

kids these days don't even know what bait is anymore. >>>Holla Forumstards are byfar the easiest to bait and I say that as one of them.

Nice try faggot.

What? No we didn't.

it was the exact souless cash-grab stuff that Ghostbusters is.

I'm taking that bait, baby

Not because of Furiosa.

Not because of the movies.

No we didn't. Nobody did.

It is. It's no wonder why they were never able to recover the franchise after that. They killed off the suspense by making an Alien-action-movie.

There was nowhere else to take it without rehashing and therefore wallowing in either Alien or Aliens. Cameron did the sensible thing by making the sequel a completely different genre of film

There was. Many viable types of sequels that weren't rehashes could have been made, Vincent Ward's original Alien 3 concept for example, or a film like Prometheus but that didn't suck and used the concept better. Aliens took the series into the second most boring direction possible, the only worse thing would have been a rebootquel with a new ayy llmao and a new ship and crew.

So, let me get this straight: you hate Aliens for 'killing off the suspense' but your idea of a good Alien sequel is a film like Prometheus which in its very concept was designed to kill the suspense by answering questions about the Xenomorphs that nobody cared about, didn't need answering, and would probably ruin the experience were they to get a concrete, definitive answer?

Even worse: the plot was the most predictable and contrived thing ever.

Crew members (somehow) get lost in a spaceship that they just mapped out. THey ignore the hissing space-snakes and get infected. They are both allowed back with the rest of the crew. The android tries to kill them for reasons they didn't bother explaining.

Even Star Wars TFA is just a rip-off of itself.

The film did expand the setting, it sucked as a prequel and all that but the engineers and so forth were fresh new things that were honestly needed after the first film. It's a sign of poor craftsmanship when sequels become too self referential. Aliens had the dumb ebil company, the same planet, the same threat only multiplied to make it work as an action flick and Ripley doing the same things again. Terminator 2 suffered from the same faults.

Source on op's pic?

You cheeky cunt

It's Lana Kendrick dressed up as a video game character (Lara Croft).

Speak for yourself you newfag queer. Lara Croft is a piece of shit now. The rest are fine.

Also Miyazaki's previous films were way better than SA and the shit that followed. What followed was simplistic tripe that appealed to the masses that really had no compelling story. Howl's Moving Castle tried, but that turned out to be half-shit.

ftfy

Don't know if I would give the same examples, but the conclusion's alright. I'd give Angela Lansbury in Murder She Wrote

that wasn't me, I was pointing out someone else's retarded bait. God this board needs fucking IDs

Merely pretending is how all the great memes of our time were born

Because they don't watch movies, and thin feminist colonialism is the same as films that have female characters naturally.

Plenty of people outside of Holla Forums hated TFA too, it was a shitty recap of the first film.

James Cameron even said it was trash.

Because, see user, the narrative doesn't work when you bring pesky things like facts into it. Like, remember, how decades ago people were saying what a strong, positive female role model Leia was. But that didn't jibe with their new re-branding of Star Wars and how "It's for girls now too, see, we finally have our stronk, independent womyn". So all the focus was on the fact Leia wore a slave outfit for a few minutes in one film, so she's always been sexist.

So long as you always have something to bitch and complain about, you can always play the victim so you can always act as if the world owes you something for some abstract wrong or another. So all those strong female characters you mentioned never existed. The next movie with a woman char will always be a breakthrough role that shatters the glass ceiling, shifts paradigms, strikes a blow against the patriarch, your horseshit feminist buzzslogan here.

tl;dr– see vid

Thanks.

You just need to buy the 3D blu-rau, goyim. It's (quite literally) the only edition that has all the answers.

Because they need to rationalize why people don't like badly written movies.

How?
They were boring as hell
Says the fan of one of the most self-referential sequels ever made
Not at all like Prometheus, no no
See above
Unlike Prometheus, which had a different, more boring threat
Unlike Prometheus, which had a cast of characters nobody could give a fuck about. Oh and Charlize Theron
No it didn't, which you'd understand if actually bothered to look beyond surface similarities

not everyone here is underage.

kys

what's wrong with portraying corporations/capitalist as inherently evil? you gotta learn that shit some day, might as well get a spoonful of sugar to help it go down.

W E W

E

W