ITT good movies with awful soundtracks

There are very few movies that I could say were ruined by music choice but I just watched the first two Mad Max movies and could not take them seriously at any point because of how horribly unfitting their scores were. Traditional 80's Hollywood brass and strings absolutely does not mesh with crazy psychos shooting eachother in tricked out cars, I had given up by the final chase scene in Road Warrior and muted the damn movie and it was the first scene to actually feel intense. I would kill for a Mad Max movie with the surface elements of Fury Road (really good cinematography, action scenes, and music) except without the dogshit characters and plot (Road Warrior did both of these much better).

Now all I've got left is Thunderdome, please tell me it tones down the overorchestrated bullshit that plagued the first to movies otherwise I'll just watch it muted as well.

Thunderdome is a shitty movie even on mute. It starts out as a Mad Max film and switches to a PG-13 lord of the flies half way through.

Also, the orchestration is just as bad even though slightly updated. Tina Turner must have sucked some dicks to get three or four songs on the soundtrack.

Fury Road was a pretty based anti-feminism movie if you ask me.
Opinions?

I like the individual songs, but as part of the movie they mostly do not work. it's like they just picked a bunch of songs that they enjoyed and then put them on top of the film

take, for example, the Real Human Bean scene. the song just feels completely out of place and draws attention away from what's going on in the scene

Dang, I was hoping it would be better than 2 on merit of going even crazier with a focus on psycho raiders or something.

I am just really desperate for good action movies in creative settings with crazy characters. A lot of people here shit on MM Feminism Road (often for good reason), but I still like it a lot despite it having an atrocious plot and protagonists (besides Nux) just because it has god tier cinematography and art direction, really good action scenes, really fun setting, and solid music.

It was a movie that tried to be a feminist movie and failed so incredibly hard that it makes all women look like petty, incompetent, retards that fuck up absolutely everything without fail (wanting to escape from very privileged life because we wuz thangs n shiet, wasting precious water on washing themselves, and the old grannies fucked up one of the only places that grew plants and are bad people that use sex as bait). I can't remember anything particularly retarded that Furiosa did though, but she was nearly a Mary Sue so I'm certainly not saying that she was a good or interesting character.

Nux and Joe's family were byfar the most interesting characters in the movie. I actually did kinda like Hardy's take on Max though, he just needs to have more lines and come off as a bit more crazy.

Also where the fuck was the ultraviolence? They have some pretty gruesome deaths (especially Joe's) but all of them are only shown on screen for like half a second so you don't see shit. Everything about these movies would be massively complimented by ridiculous violence and I absolutely expected it before each of them but nope.

Fuck you, Brian May's score is absolutely awesome and fitting. I love the heavy use of timpani in his scores, really fits the depressingly psycho atmosphere of the films. Fury Road's score has a few pleasing licks, but as a whole it's garbage compared to Road Warrior. You're a pleb fam.

FYI I heard somewhere a long time ago that George Miller actually planned to give Road Warrior a punk rock soundtrack, probably similar to what we hear in Fury Road.

Or maybe it tried to look feminist to get good ratings from faggy critics and grab some oscar awards.

It's a bayformers-tier, two-hour exploshuns-n-CGI-fest with jack diddly squat in the way of actual plot, characters, or just generally a singular fucking reason to care about anything that's happening onscreen, with the name "Mad Max" tacked on to cash in on fan nostalgia.

Feminism is the least of its problems.

Also, this

The explosions and CGI are fucking nice though. They feel over the top but not fake. Probably the best I've ever seen in any modern action flicks.

What a fucking nornalfag plebian.

Did anybody on this board even see Road Warrior? Furce Road was more true to the Original than Thunderdome.

Yeah, that's fucking Tolkien right there. My bad.

The only thing that could conceivably pass for character development in that piece of shit was the supposed fanatic raised from childhood into a cult changing his entire outlook on life because he had a 20-minute conversation with some chick he just met.

exactly. the only movie where Max was a main character was thunderdome and they abandoned that half way through

the best mad max is when max is a reluctant good guy who is forced into helping others by the shred of humanity he has left after the world moved on

True love overcomes all boundaries, user.

Road Warrior was about Max regaining some measure of empathy for his fellow man. The chase sequence doesn't come until the movie's last 30 minutes - after we've been given plenty to see of him and the people he ends up helping, and therefore, have some actual reason to take any interest in it.

Previous Mad Max films just have slightly more interesting narratives and better action buildup.

What in the fuck was going on in this scene?

maybe you just don't like Mad Max or action joints in general, user

Blade II: Cool movie, very dated soundtrack

The drums in RW's soundtrack were good and occasionally the strings were, but it felt like it belonged in an Indiana Jones movie where none of the characters are scary, you know all of the protagonists will make it out okay, and the violence is kept to a minimum. FR took the drums to a 10 which worked great to show the tribal and military style of the war boys, and the bit with the strings (you know the part I'm talking about) evokes both impending doom and insanity in those that bring it, which also fits very well. My only complaints with FR's soundtrack were some small parts with too much wobz for their own good and the part with the dudes on mountain bikes sounded like generic ~2010 hollywood movie strings which definitely didn't fit the crazy action scene.

While that's true I don't think you can deny that the visuals, action scenes, and music were really good. As far as straight up action movies go Fury Road is great and Road Warrior is pretty mediocre. RW had superb characters and a pretty nice plot but the action scenes don't have a ton of weight or depth to them in comparison to FR (and have a garbage off putting soundtrack).

The world building in FR often didn't make much sense but it was definitely interesting. Everything related to war boys was fantastic, and they did start to hint towards stuff outside the movie like Gas Town and Bullet Farm. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's far better than the vast majority of movies which do nothing but copy/paste a modern or historical setting without exploring it at all.

Nux didn't just turn because of the girl, she was the one that convinced him to go against Joe but what's far more important is the state he was when he was convinced. He had just failed his defining moment three times in a row, with the last time being right in front of who he considered to be god. Everything his life had built up to was crushed in front of him because of his own incompetence, and under that state I can definitely see him being convinced to turn against it all.

I wish they went a lot more into it but the general idea is that the water has become poisonous and only the crow people are willing to use it to grow plants that they somehow purify. The stilts keep them out of the water while they do their work.

A shame the Blade comics suck now.

It's still the song I remember most from the movie

Because it was so fucking gay.

Blade Trinity: Terrible movie and amazingly bad soundtrack, which they sometimes synchronized the movie with for no reason at all.

this tbh

smdh

M8, both those soundtracks were tailor made for both movies. You think they're horrible, then you've got a few more problems with these movies than just the soundtracks.

I really don't, Road Warrior on mute has now become one of my favorite movies of all time after watching it recently. The characters are excellent, the story is great, the art direction is great, and the setting is great. I don't care that the soundtrack was tailor made for them when the end result sounds like they just jacked some generic hollywood shit from an audio library and slapped it on. This music conjures images of indiana jones in some low budget B movie swinging on his lasso to rescue a kidnapped princess from a dinosaur, not psychopaths in gimp suits driving tricked out vehicles with innocent victims used as hood ornaments.

I don't think the music itself is horrible, just the placement of it. It would go perfectly with the cheesy scene I described above but not in these movies. Fury Road's was a lot more fitting, embed related was absolutely fantastic in every scene he was in. The only bad parts about FR's soundtrack was the generic strings bits that you can sorta hear transitioning back at the end of this video and there is a bit too much wobz in one of the songs that plays in the canyon with dudes on motorbikes.

Is it just me or did Thunderdome feel like a kid's movie? It was the equivalent of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Olmec. Road Warrior was undoubtedly the best, but the original had a charm to it.

The Thing (1982) had some serious problems with the soundtrack.

It wasn't ruined or anything and Morricone's score was anything but bad (the main theme is superb) but the timing was off a lot of times.

Road Warrior was when the Hollywood element is sinking in, the original was just a very dark, bleak thriller film.

Shit taste.

I don't understand the logic

I'm honestly convinced that the people sperging out about "feminism" in Fury Road were shills. The movie was dogshit, but anyone who saw it would agree that it wasn't any more feminist than the Dredd remake (which was actually good).

Fury Road would have been great without the horrible editing, excessive copy-pasted fight scenes, and the one-dimensional story. Feminism had nothing to do with it.

Just fap and don't ask questions.

two things

1. there's a stupid cunt who actually believes dredd is a feminist movie because anderson does some stuff
2. dredd is not a remake, it's a reboot.

The only parts of the soundtrack that I like are the ones where the doof guy rips his guitar. The rest feels like dumbed down Brian May music with too much taiko. Taiko drums are shit, I prefer timpani.

This still makes me shiver.

what did you have to read to learn that, I only remember that being a two second scene

John Carter

The old ladies talk about how the water became toxic and that only the crows tend to it. The stilt thing is implied because why else would they be on stilts?

And it certainly wouldn't be the first bit of strange culture that was implied but not explained in the movie, like how all the warboys are fascinated with chrome, their lives culminate with their heroic death ("Witness me!" followed by "Mediocre!" for a shitty death), driving wheels are worshipped, or the weird bloodbag system.

Funny that you mention Dredd in this context.
We've had a few Furiosa Road threads derailed by some faggot that claims Dredd is a feminazi propaganda movie.

Fucking millenials. You are the cancer ruining movies, television, vidya, AND music.

Fuck off normalfag.

fuck you nigger, in fact my biggest complaint with FR's soundtrack that I outlined in this thread was that they used shitty wobz in one of the songs. Did you know that there are styles of music that aren't shitty electronica and 1980's hollywood orchestra? Yep, as it turns out there are more than two genres of music, what a crazy world we live in.

coens pls go

Maybe you should namefag next time so I know what every one of your whiny posts are on an anonymous board. Millenial.

The worst is him sacrificing his own life so she can live.

so he really didn't change his entire outlook on life. he just replaced immortan with the girl. his first instinct is self sacrifice, just like he was taught.

Nux was dead meat anyway, given the entire "terminal disease" thing. You know, that thing they pointed out several times. Him not sacrificing himself would have been hollow, since he'd be dead shortly thereafter, regardless.