Japanese star Kaori Momoi – who is best known for her role in "Memoirs of a Geisha" – will play the mother of Major...

comicbookresources.com/article/japanese-star-kaori-momoi-to-play-mother-of-johanssons-ghost-in-the-shell-character

Wonder if this was always in the cards, of if they are doing it in response to the SJW freakouts.

I wonder if anyone told them that Shirow really heavily implied that the major's original body was male.

when was the Major's family ever mentioned in the movies or series?

Never.
They mention the names during Arise for like 1 sentence, also Arise is generally seen as the worst the franchise has to offer.

Well it is going to be the body of an ugly jew, so…

Not that I know of. We can see just how badly they are going to fuck up the original series. Probably going to create some origin story that hollywood likes to do.

They could have just altered the characters and setting like Edge of Tomorrow did. But no, they have to make things as difficult as possible and ensure the maximum number of people are dissatisfied.

Maybe they have some cunning explanation for all this and handle it well, but we all know how likely that is.

What could possibly go wrong

So instead of a cool Dystopian sci-fi thriller we'll instead get a Major who is a weak emotional girl who needs the comfort of her mother. I wonder who's going to be her love interest? 21 year old Batou played by Michael Cera?

Here, have a scene that will be better than anything in the new movie, even with the dubbing.

No.
There was an old woman in the second season of GitS: SAC who knew the Major when she was younger but I don't think she's her mother.

Batou's actor actually looks a lot like the character.

sauce? i googled it and found nothing

Mother? For what purpose?

Why is this even being made? Who is the target audience? Everyone who grew up with GITS is over 30 and doesn't fall for this hypeshit.

Don't ever talk to me or my waifu's daughter ever again

Kikes being the unoriginal fucks that they are decided that its time to "adapt"animes and mangas into filmss, regardless of whether or not it will be good because they can make that money back.

The same retards who bandwagon on things like NuDoom and pretend that "Yes, I know the source material well! How do you do feel kids?"

In a nutshell: Dividers who think 'Eww, the gook material is crap, Hollywood does it so much better'

I think that was cowboy bebop.

The original GITS movie was already an adaptation, user.

I think they are.

Batou's actually played by a Finn that looks pretty much like the character, only younger, but makeups will easily fix it.

Did Edge of Tomorrow try to sell itself because it was bases on a manga? I don't remember hearing anything about the manga except online. Thus movie is not particularly hiding it. It will be westernized, but I not to the lengths Edge of Tomorrow.

I don't think it did. And it wasn't even a manga, it was a novel. The novel wasn't famous, but the gimmick was pretty unique, that's how it got adapted.

This is a good point, however there could always have been better actresses to pick from and it just seemed like ScarJo was cast because someone high up described the Major as 'Scarlett Johansen in Avengers meets Scarlett Johansen in Her'

her first cyber body was female when she was like 8 so that'd be pretty fucked up

iirc her parents died in the crash where she got injured and got inserted into a cyberbody

Is GITS doing this?

It doesn't seem like they are. It seems like the character is still Japanese but now she's being played by a white woman for whatever reason.

She's being played by a Jew for Jew reasons.

I don't care about your Holla Forums autism so don't bother.

Whatever.

How is this going to make sense?
Kusanagi is actually Japanese but puts on a Caucasian robot body for kicks?

We got a 90's teenager over here.

Ok.

What's wrong with that?

Or they're trying to pass her off as ambiguous heritage

It's a shame Stand alone complex was so good that it ended. I always wanted to learn more about the crazy shit the CIA was doing and the past wars Batuo was a part of.

Shitposting aside, I don't think race matter for the Major. I have not watched SAC in a while but wasn't there a scene with Batou asking her (after a fight that destroyed her cyberbody) why did she choose the exact same model and she said that she liked it?

I used to watch the show in french so the translation might be a bit different

Just fuck my character up.

sorta off topic but this whole board is anyways, was Edge of Tomorrow good? Worth a pirate and 2 hours?

I like action movies with good action sequences that don't resort to close up shakeycam bullshit. I don't even mind if there's barely a plot like Hardcore Henry but I need to know if the scenes are actually well choreographed.

It's just a Groundhog Day ripoff with sci-fi shit and the chick is a Mary Sue who served her purpose as get-women-in-the-military propaganda. They're in unwieldy mech suits fighting cgi green screen bullshit, so no the choreography isn't good, I wouldn't call that choreography to begin with.

>It has the same basic idea so it's a *RIP OFF*
No.

Also I didn't even know spoilers are typed like that.

◘ R I P O F F ◘

Nothing, it's just kinda weird. Though I guess if I were a full-body cyborg, I might choose to live as ScarJo for a while, too.

This will be the real tragedy.

alright thanks for the heads up, feel free to suggest movies that do fit that criteria though. I don't even mind if the story and characters are shit which meant that I actually enjoyed Mad Max Feminism Road a lot. Desperate for good action scenes with good art direction and good music.

She has a mother now?

Are we still buying the feminists' propaganda that the film was totes about them?

Then again, the fucking critics never said a word about its god-tier execution.

I personally don't think the film had much of a feminist vibe since the female characters were all far more retarded than the male ones (fucking washing themselves with precious water while being chased by madmen). just repeating Holla Forums memes fam because people here shit on it all the time for "muh feminism" while ignoring the fact that every other Mad Max movie has had a pretty thin plot and boring characters (outside of crazy raiders) and say that Furiosa Road is completely shit despite having some of the best cinematography and art direction of any action movie.

also sorry for the above post having awful sentence fluency, I really need to go to bed

Edge of Tomorrow never even mentioned what it was based off of to people. This movie is clear about it, so it at least wants people to know that this is the Ghost in a Shell movie.

He literally hired a consulting feminist, the bitch who wrote The Vagina Monologues, for the movie you retard.

Okay, and? She was only there as an on-set advisor, the script, storyboard and everything else in pre-production was already finalized. Virtually no role and input aside from lecturing and boring the cast to death, hence why the film was so good and not screwed up. The script even got approval from her when she read it.

Fuck, people sure get stirred up over stupid shit.

Well it doesn't show because anyone who isn't retarded can see that the movie makes women look like incompetent petty retards for reasons I outlined here

I also forgot to mention there that they showed that women ran one of the very few places that still had an abundance of plants but they were so incompetent that it got fucked.

It's implied that Motoko was in a plane accident in the 2nd season of Stand Alone Complex. She and another kid were the only survivors.

Episode 11 of second gig.

She's not even listed in the credits.

That was never implied.

What was implied was that the major had spent so much time outside of a real body that she lost touch with her humanity.

Proof? It still exhibits feminine feelings towards Batou.

This is going to blow. Aren't they trying to make Johannson look more like a nip as well?

Should have got the girl from Pacific Rim for this. She can speak Engrish as well.

Or the reveal is that Motoko has a Jewess body because she needs to infiltrate those evil white nationalists that are in Japan.

In the manga it was stated by the Boss that her body was a militarized version of an off-the-shelf pleasure model. Common enough to not stand out.

Even in the first movie when she goes wandering at night she looks up and makes eye contact with an exact same model.

Which makes sense in the world of espionage. Being able blend in is important. Batou doesn't fit the bill because he looks like exactly what he is, but he is meant to be the Thug Squad\Heavy Hitter to Motokos less direct methods. (some of the time)

If this mother character is just part of a flashback the movie might not be a complete clusterfuck. If she is a main, still living character in the movie, however, it means this is dead to me, it will be hollywood shit targeted at anyone other than GitS fans.

Gooks are ugly. Jews are ugly too, but gooks got almost as much neanderthal genes as the jews, plus denisovan (smelly abo) and sundadot (filipino fucking shits) genes for the japs.

I'm hoping it turns out that Motoko consciously decided to program herself to look Caucasian. It would make sense in-universe and piss off all the right people.

Except that girl is ugly and a poor actor, Major looks pretty white to me.

Lets be honest, Carrie Anne Moss would have been perfect if she were younger.

Look dude I'm not normally one to get triggered by Holla Forums posts but I think you need to take a break from 8ch for a bit and go outside. Try talking to real people and try not to talk to them about zionist conspiracies or your opinions on various ethnicities. Maybe talk about movies or sports for once?

Ghost of the Shells? I've heard of that. That's an anime, right? I'm gonna watch this in the cinema and bring all my friends and tweet about it because I'm a Nerd™. Better get on amazon and buy some graphic tees of Ghost Shells.

It's indicative that it is, since they are basically going off the trodden pant and inventing their own shit fanfiction.

The closest we ever get to exploring the Major's past are in the 2nd GiG, and there it deals with the incident that is the source of her peculiar circumstances. ARISE, on the other hand, deals with her past concerning her adopted father.

In both these instances the Major's family was dead in the accident that robbed her of her body.

You're baiting, aren't you? If not, kill yourself.

That particular turd comes from imbeciles not understanding a comment Batou makes where he asks the Major why she keeps using a female body model considering her line of work. He suggests that a male model would be more appropriate.

The Major is female, has always been female in every single version of her story.

Here, cuckling, look at these two pages, look at them well, these two pages are meant to demonize the respective strawmen featured in them, yet when a sane person reads them they sympathize with what they are saying. Leftists have no self awareness and no ability to convey subtlety.

Immortan Joe is a monster because he keeps a harem of girls meant to breed him a healthy heir and treats them well, because "you can't own womyn". Doesn't matter they have it better than 99% of the rest of humanity, you can't enslave womyn, not even in the savage world of the post apocalypse.

Sometimes a turd is just a turd.

Kill yourself.

It's literally two retarded anons here sperging about Fury Road being a secret brainwashing programm with incredibly clever subtext to turn you into a nu-male, and who knows how many leftypols baiting them at every opportunity. Nobody else cares about hat fucking movie anymore except these retards.

GITS is shit and has always been shit. Anyone who likes GITS has abysmal taste.

Why does this movie have such a cuck defense force? It's garbage even if you don't consider its obvious as fuck hit you in the face with a mac truck feminist messages.

Holla Forumsthink at work.

Nobody's saying it's "a secret brainwashing programm with incredibly clever subtext".
They're saying it has obvious feminist influences and you're getting upset.

No wonder you defend it. You are trying to promote its messages yourself.

WHO FUCKING CARES IF IT IS FEMINIST

Its a good mad max movie, that's all that matters. Stop shitting all over it just because it doesn't stroke your sexist ego.

now
lol

shut up, me

Nope. Go fuck yourself.

Nope.

Back to tumblr you filthy subhuman.

MGTOW please. You are going to have to get real used to the idea of women doing things, this is the female century you are living in.

The film is great, one of the best in recent memory.

A great story and it gives lots of feels. Worth the download.

It's a shit movie. Either read the book or read the manga, don't watch the Hollywood trash.

They couldn't even make a power armor that doesn't look like shit.

You could say that about anything. I loved the film.

Must be tough having such shit taste.

I don't give a shit about the manga the same way I didn't give a shit about the Oldboy manga. Make dealings.

The Oldboy movie, the Asian one, was actually good. Edge of Tomorrow was trash.

First off you sound like a fucking MRA.
Second off, YEAH! Ohh look another youtube guy for the 8chans to latch on to cuz he hate dem feminazis. Grow up and get your hand off it.

It's fucking RIDICULOUS how you people act.

You need to go back.

To where? I've been here longer than you have kid.

you do sound unusually triggered. perhaps it's that time of the month?

shit nigga i remember when we little niggas was like 13 and i was the coolest dude because I had Ghost in tha Shell, Akira, and motherfucking Ninja Scroll on VHS. had to get them on a trip to the big city, had to spend all my fucking allowance savings. this hot new "japanimation" thing was gonna be a hit, and we were the first ones on the bus.

damn, shit be changed.

I don't know what mommy issues you have, but people can disagree with you without your fee-fees getting hurt.

tomorrow you'll be all "ohhhh, ok. i get why i was so bitchy yesterday"

Its like you don't even have any argument.

>>>Holla Forums

What argument is it supposed to have? It already admitted Fury Road is a feminist movie, and the movie itself is shit in spite of that because Mad Max, the titular character, is just a prop, the plot is so lacking in self-awareness it insults the viewers intelligence, likely hoping MUH SOGGY KNEES Pavlovian responses will override any critical thinking ability or make the audience question why Joe is supposed to be the ultimate bad guy.

It's a shit movie, with a shit message, that ruins some nice choreography and visuals.

Debate me and you'll leave a newman.

Who are you Stefan Molyneux?

is it tiring living with a different bogeyman around every corner?

But he's right.

Its not even about mad max. Its about that 1 armed chick.

It's actually about Nux tbh.

Why can't millennials separate politics from entertainment?

Why are you so stupid?

Must be about 18-21.

All these Holla Forumsacks [triggered]

>>>Holla Forums
Go back to your safe space.

sounds like youre confusing your subjective, post-modern interpretation (biased by bitter recrimination) with the facts represented on screen. you should try looking at art, even shit like mad max, through a lens of personal honesty tbh fam.

you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

You're stupid.

Supply an actual argument and I might care.

Why do you cucks try so hard for this movie? It isn't even that good without the feminist message. Why do you care to defend it? Is it because you are actually defending feminism? Your claims that it isn't feminist are merely trying to prop up the illusion that the filmmakers set up. They admitted that the movie was a stealth feminist piece, and here you are denying it was feminist at all.

How do you justify the logic that a movie they admit was made to be a feminist vehicle, is the first in the series to have mad max playing second fiddle to anyone (and specifically a woman), and who's main plot revolves around the RIGHTS OF WOMEN.

Do you think you can warp reality this badly where we all pretend it isn't feminist? Just keep saying it's two anons who are rabid MRAs instead of addressing reality?

You are either retarded or purposefully shilling for feminism. There is no other option.

Who are you Stefan Molyneux?

>>>Holla Forums

Where is your argument?

Oh wait you cant refute anything that user said.
Does this picture offend you?

Did we watch the same movie? The women in Mad Max are all useless or weak. They only succeeded because of Max.

If it wasn't for the 'Misogynists hate it!' marketing stunt critics would have called it just another male power fantasy.

So answer the question. Retarded or shilling? Anything else and I will assume shilling automatically.

We can do this all day

No because it doesn't surprise me nazis like hitler.

The women being failures but never being called out on it doesn't prevent the movie from being feminist. The point is to train you to pretend they are equal even when they fail spectacularly.

Who's this we? The feminist road internet defense force? Do you all have cuck meetings where you share cock shaped cookies (chocolate flavor, of course?) Are you the leader or just a lesser cuck?

This.
Furthermore it's later hinted that the Major had considered using a male body (which would allow her to be overall much more physically powerful) however decided against it because her watch, which is very precious to her, would only fit on a female arm.

She did use a male body, and more besides, in Solid State Society.
Though that movie was more deconstruction of her choice in the original GitS movie than exploring existentialism.

Well, I meant as in using one full time and truly embracing it.

They're trying way too hard to appeal to the weebs.

Wait. How would a "male" robot body be stronger or more physically capable than a "female" robot body? Surely the differences between robots are just cosmetic.

In the anime and manga, male robot bodies are always portrayed taller or more muscular than the female bodies (at least among the mcs and villains).

Yeah, I guess that's true. It's weird, though. I mean, height is one thing, but you'd think strength and stamina would have basically nothing to do with size in human-shaped machines.

If Japs hate white actors playing anime characters, why do they draw their anime characters to look like white people?

Satoshi Kon was the only gook who had the balls to draw asians as they really were.

They don't.

No, they don't think they look like anime characters.

Also what is it with this recent trend where people go out of their way to never mention Japan or the Japanese by name and will instead talk about Asia and Asians? You're clearly only talking about anime here, which is only made in Japan, so why are you talking about Asians?

Jin-Roh uses a realistic art style too. It has nothing to do with "balls," it's an aesthetic preference.

And you're doing the "Asian" thing too.

gook detected

I'm not Korean, and why would a Korean even make that kind of post?

I not chinses,, y would make post that??

Do you even watch anime you dumb cunt?

They do.

I've seen over 400 shows.

All of these images are agenda-driven cherry-picked nonsense.

The fact that they were even made already shows that anime characters don't look white, because if they did then it would be self-evident.

That still doesn't disprove the image. Also you can't say "400 shows" and expect anyone to keep taking you seriously.

The image doesn't prove itself just by existing.

First you imply I haven't seen any anime, and when it turns out otherwise you argue that I've seen too much of it. Nice.

I guess you've never seen Big O then, or the fact that most animes that don't take place in fantasy japan always show japs looking like 1940s Tojo caricatures.

I really have no idea what you're talking about here.

I think you are either in denial or haven't seen jack shit. Those images are not cherry picked, they are self-evident truth, just like you said, and images simply point out why. Anime characters, vast majority of them, don't have slant eyes, asian features, etc. Mind you there are shows where characters look Japanese. But this is extremely rare case. Like people already said, it's Satoshi Kon movies, I would also name GTO and Aku no hana. But everywhere else characters always have big eyes, small mouth, small nose, and don't look Japanese at all.

Still, Motoko should be played by Japanese actor, to keep true to the story, this is more important then looks.

If it was self-evident then these arguments would not exist, just like there doesn't exist an argument over the ethnicity of Disney princesses. If it was self-evident people wouldn't need to perform skull measurements and use blatantly cherry-picked samples for it to make sure they get the results they're looking for.

Which doesn't mean they look white. By this logic stick figures look white because they don't have Asian features.

You're a dumbass.
Name one Japanese person with green eyes.
Protip: you can't.

White people don't have blue hair or purple eyes.

If your argument is that someone looks white because they have green eyes, then it follows that any Japanese person will look indistinguishable from a white person if they change their eye color to green.

I'm sorry, what?

Yeah, people with caucasian facial features and light skin don't look white at all.

They don't have caucasian facial features, and once again if they looked white then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Someone needs to look at tumblr. On there are lots of white 'people' with purple eyes and blue hair.

Those are contacts, dyes and wigs.

Siberian Dollhouse episode.

At least I think that was the title of the episode. Or the song name from the episode.

It went into a vague background story about the major.

He just posted a fucking pic telling you what he's talking about:

Are you in denial or something?

Fantasy animes set in alternate earths always feature asians looking like stereotypical asians or realistically slant eyed. 400 "shows" my ass.

So his entire claim hinges on a single show?

What are you talking about? And what does this have to do with what I said?

I've seen over 400 shows whether you like it or not.

And?

Nice to see the weeb autist is still out defending the purity of his anime.

With logic like this you can deny the reality about anything.

0/10, no effort, back in my day trolling etc.

every thread is now "muh race" and "muh gender" and "muh Holla Forums", over and over. the biscuit is getting pretty soggy, you whinging crybaby faggots, one of you just eat it already.
why won't they just go back to reddit? if you hate free speech & hate being anonymous you don't belong here, poleddit cumskins. take your idpol and your socjus and just fucking leave.

gee gosh you're fitting in SO WELL!

-1/10

Nice to see the reverse weeb autist is still attacking anime because it triggers him.

Again, I don't see people arguing about the ethnicity of Disney princesses. Or American comic book characters. Or real people, generally speaking. It's only anime characters whose ethnicity is constantly questioned even as the questioners insist they are obviously, undeniably and self-evidently white looking.

Why did they pick the ugliest gook possible to compare?

Some of them don't look like monsters, goddamn

Because the author started with a conclusion and then had to select "evidence" to support it.

Simple mass.

B-but I have ;_;

Anime design was based on French and American cartoon. It wouldn't make sense if they don't resemble white people more than Sundadot-Denisovan people. Anime girls in fact have underdeveloped features. If you compare an anime girl to a 9-12 year old western european or non eurasian slavic girl, it would be a match.

Tezuka was inspired by American cartoon characters, but those characters weren't realistic representations of people, Tezuka wasn't the only manga artist or anime producer in existence at the time, and character design has been developed by countless artists for five decades. Even so, this Tezuka argument keeps coming up again and again and again.

It wouldn't and it isn't. Real girls have dramatically more detailed facial features than the barren faces of anime characters, their skull shapes are different, their eyes are much smaller, their noses and mouths are much bigger, and they have lips. They're also ugly as shit compared to anime characters. And again, we wouldn't even be talking about this if they actually looked the same.

Some design philosophies can stay.

That's why underdeveloped white girls' skull look similar.

Fuck you faggot. Some females look prettier than weebshit.

The design philosophy you're talking about never existed.

They don't.

Stay mad, pedophile.

Japanese things can't be wannabe Japanese.

Big eyes, rounded face with that certain cheeks and jaw shape, small nose, small mouth, stiff looking hair, etc. These things have always existed.

The silhouette does.

Who's the weebcuck here?

smh

The design philosophy I'm referring to is making anime characters look like white people or white children. That never existed.

It doesn't, and even if it did it it doesn't matter.

Are you saying that being a (supposed) weeaboo is worse than being a pedophile?

Explain to me how something made in Japan by Japanese people can be wannabe Japanese.

It exists subconsciously if not explicitly. In it's earliest development, anime did look like your typical WB cartoons. They kept copying until a certain era, probably post Tezuka, when anime became more successful.

It does, and I don't care anyway but you're denying it.

I was saying that weebs are pedo.

Jesus, no. What I meant by weebshit is anime. Weeb's shit, weebshit, do you see it?

Great comeback, kid

You are projecting.

I have a habit of denying things that aren't true, yes.

They aren't, and you're just deflecting.

Anime is made in Japan by the Japanese. It cannot be wannabe Japanese.

B-but the first guy is an old white man, and he's making the hip young progressive people around him feel uncomfortable. Of course he's a backwards bigot!

As for the second pic, do I even need to explain? Look at the guy making the speech. He's evil! So anything he says is evil too.

I know this is bait, but…

What part in that sentence that implies projections?

How is that not true? You didn't even explain me anything.

Deflecting what? You calling me a pedo despite I'm not? There, that's why I called you a pedophile.

You know what, it's either you absolutely have no sense of humor or you're just a faggot who pretends to be as dumb as a rock. Shit, it feels like I'm playing ping pong with a wall. I'll just fuck off and go back to work because I'm not an autist.

All of it. You're just projecting your own beliefs onto other people.

How is it true?

You're very fixated on little girls and see them even in places where they don't exist.

Did you suddenly realize you can't explain how Japanese people can be wannabe Japanese?

It turned out you were the feminist all along.

ninja scroll is kino

on a related note, there is a sequel to "jiro dreams of sushi"

its calledJiro has nightmares of assrape