Star Trek Beyond...

hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154?facebook_20160707

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/george-takei-tried-to-convince-the-team-behind-star-tre-1783306619
web.archive.org/web/20160708064128/http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154
archive.is/Y0Q5S#selection-928.0-960.1
archive.is/0G3wp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess in the future fags will be able to have a baby come out of their ass.

Oh my
That lens flair is awful.

Calling it now.

Jesus Christ you are probably right but I don't think it will flop.

Everything thet not finding Dory or captain America civil war flopped this summer

Takei says he doesn't want the scene in the movie and making Sulu gay is stupid and against canon. So are they going to still play this up as a tribute when he's telling them to suck his dick?

Sounds tumblr gonna turn on him for being a gay Uncle Tom

Image real?

Based Takei!

I don't feel that bad because George Takei is actually a massive fag and he couldn't hide it even in the original show.

Sauce

They'll accuse him of internalised something or other as they always do when faced with a minority who doesn't agree with their spoiled white liberal viewpoints

Oh look, another one of those gay 30 second scenes that'll contribute nothing to the story. I could understand it with ParaNorman but they meant nothing in How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Finding Dory. Do we really need a PSA that gay people in fact do exist in the real world. Does a remake of 12 angry men need one to be a flamboyant hairdresser to reflect our modern era? I think movies can still work without having a set alotted time that a certain denomination races, sexual preferences, political beliefs and religions getting a verbal mention. Society won't collapse if a movie focuses on just a certain group of people to tell its story.

Are they really honoring him if they are now doing something against his wishes?

Go look it up yourself faggot

hilarious how they try to write this off as a tribute to a former actor who had to hide his shit for most of his career

i was talking to my friend about this earlier, he's okay with it, i don't have a problem with it but if it isn't supposed to really have any sort of impact on the story, why bother putting it there? if it has no impact, it's only there for marketing and not a good reason at all.

io9.gizmodo.com/george-takei-tried-to-convince-the-team-behind-star-tre-1783306619

Can't be bothered

web.archive.org/web/20160708064128/http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154

it's pronounced 'tah-kay' fyi

they were never honoring him, they were trying to pander to their pet faggot by throwing a scooby snack at him.

It's not a big surprise. JewJew Abrams wants diversity quotas in every Bad Robot productions.

even he thinks this is beyond retarded and a total disrespect for the source material

wanna make a gay character? fine, more power to you, but don't re-write history

from the thumbnail it looks like he's shooting little lasers out of his eyes.

The original cast were all based.

George is right; Sulu was all about dat pussy in the originals. But to SJWs, a gay man playing a staright actor is an affront, so they've fixed it.

Ugh, do you idiots actually watch this problematic bullshit? Star Trek has ALWAYS been fully steeped in communist marxist stalinist fascist homo-communism, the show has ALWAYS been about cuckolds, race mixing and gay women's rights, even from the very beginning. An ultra-tolerant ship full of ultra-tolerant SJW liberal commie marxists..and worse, WOMEN.
It's simply disgusting that this nu-historical Orwellian feminist drivel was ever allowed on the air. Are we, the perfect white male audience, actually supposed to believe that people of all races could form a society of racial tolerance and multiculturalism, that they could just "le get along"? Racial violence is natural, it's part of God's plan, and to deny this is pure reddit memery, commie fascist bernout shillary identity politics, no doubt fostered by some despicable kike in JEWywood…. I wouldn't be surprised if the beta-male feminazi reddit jew-run conspiracy was behind Star Trek from the very beginning.
Ugh, the amount of shameful toxic femininity and tolerance in this franchise is making me feel ill. My PTSD is acting up again…discuss among yourselves.

more like the-gay

Niggers get to have all the KFC they ever wanted without Whitie having to pay for it, why would they chimp out? I'll give you the "best fighter on the ship is a womyn part" though.

But Takei has specifically stated Sulu was neither acted nor written to be homosexual…

Read the thread

But user it was a whole fucking 26 posts. I see other faggots have already pointed this out though. Fair enough.

Women are pretty intolerable but you're a total fucking faggot if you want to go on a five year mission exclusively with dudes and not chicks in miniskirts.

Wait, so because the actor who played the original Sulu likes to slather human feces on his dick, they make the character a faggot too? I could have sworn in Star Trek: TOS it was made clear that Sulu liked the ladies.

And this will magically make the movie better how exactly? Oh, but I forget, leftists don't give two shits about quality, all they want is to cross off another item on their diversity and enrichment checklist.

Nice pasta, faggot

Here's Pegg's defense:

archive.is/Y0Q5S#selection-928.0-960.1

While I don't disagree with Pegg's defence, it's tokenism either way. It would never occur to these people to just, for once, not virtue signal.

they should've made Albino Rule 63 Darth Maul a lesbian. then they could have a plot twist where Kirk doesn't bang the alien chick.

Probably would have been a much better idea

Virtue signal all you want. But don't do it with other people's characters.

But nobody would give a fuck about the shit leftist peddle around otherwise.

Remember when Simon Pegg was just a cool guy who made clever movies that he wanted to make and not an insufferable simpering beta cuck Louis CK wannabe?

I'll never understand how they make the switch. I mean, they already fuck women, are famous, and can easily fuck more women. Why do they become betacucks?

I think that was mostly Edgar Wright

I'm sure Sulu would keep you company at least.

Because they are niggers and that's what they always do.

Star Trek has always been shitty leftist propaganda.

Echo-chambers of fan-worship constantly telling them how amazing they are, combined with a perceived pressure from society to speak out on all controversies and current events. In both cases, you can blame social media.

So you get these guys who build up this following of fans who constantly tell them how amazing they are, so they build their ego around the way that fans perceive them.. and then the feminists and SJWs creep in and turn that against them. They enforce this idea that if they are actually good people then they need to use their fame and social reach to tell everyone to think the right things and not to do anything problematic. Worship feminism. Black Lives Matter. Republicans are bad. Gun control. Trump is Satan.

We've seen the same exact thing happen to hundreds of celebrities. Doesn't matter if they are A-list or D-list.

While true, Simon Pegg was once a pretty cool dude for his own accomplishments.

Women aboard should be limited to wives and comfort women.

Nah, Takei is an overly dramatic fag about nearly everything. Even with this story he could have just accepted it was an homage to him and carry on, yet instead he decides he'll make a fuss about it as though he doesn't know exactly what the homage meant.

They have a fucking holo deck, they can fuck whatever woman they want for sexual release.

It's a little condescending to make a character gay just because he's gay

flamboyant =/= homosexual

george may have flaired up a bit every now and then, but the character was always straight overall. in other words, he was a typical dudebro.

she already looks like a lesbian (and is black), so it would work imo

I saw Independence Day 2 with my family the other night, and had to sit through five or ten minutes of an aged Brent Spiner and some fat bearded guy fussing over each other and calling each other "baby."

how awkward would it have been if they had made Chekov gay?

archive.is/0G3wp

So Pegg's answer is that he's a talentless hack who can't write a gay character without it becoming tokenism, so he has no problem taking an established character and making him the token gay guy.

pegg has drank the kool-aid, hopped on the bandwagon and lost all credibility. it started with jew wars and is now continuing with jew trek.

SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP

his cocklust is what blinded him to Saruman's evil. just like Dumbledore.

No.

This.
It'd be one thing if he was complaining about an Asian playing his former character because he doesn't look exactly like himself, but when it comes to acting out a personality it shouldn't matter whether or not the actor in question was a world class dick sucker like Takei or the straightest man on the planet.

This is like getting mad because Anthony Hopkins isn't actually an insane, manipulative cannibal despite being really good at acting like Hannibal.

How does he manage to be a bigger faggot than takei without even taking any dicks up his ass? Pretty impressive.

takei is based as fuck

I think so

you dumb fucking twat, you are turning sulu into a token

something something Deep Space Nine

Most people familiar with Star Trek have heard about Takei being gay so while it is a slightly stupid homage, I can see why someone might think it'd be a nice homage.

Takei getting upset over this reminds me of how he held a grudge against Shatner for years even after Shatner went around apologizing for ages for how he'd behaved in the past. It was fairly noticeable when Takei was getting married and seemed to make a point of not inviting Shatner. There's just no reason to not try to make up after decades.

Which is why I'm more tempted to think Takei is just being a little bitch here when someone that is a fan of his is trying to make a slight change to the character's traits as a nod to the actor. It just strikes me as Takei wanting to feel morally superior to someone else yet again. He seems to do it every couple months as it wasn't that long ago he was complaining about Ghost In The Shell even.

B-BUT MUH OREEGEENALE SURYS GUYS

THA'S THE ONLY ONE THA MATTAS, RAIT?

BUT THAT'S THE PRIME TIMELINE

that's just pandering to the male gaze

now excuse me while I throw up from having said retard shit like that

This is the faggot that hates the Prequels. He has always had shit taste.

Is it ironic he showed up as a CGI alien with an unnecessary connection with the OT?

not to mention his character was made the exact same way as jar jar binks, they had him there on set in costume, and cgi was put over for the final result

poetry.avi at its finest

I already didn't want to see this, but hot damn.

In all seriousness, Roddenberry's vision of a lefty Federation fagtopia would definitely had ltbgtbbqiq niggers running around, so at least it doesn't break canon. :^)

Their whole spat was over the fact that he did invite Shatner and Shatner refused to go. Or so he claims, Shatner claims he never got an invite, it went back and forth like this.

Actually Roddenberry was extremely against showing gays. They actually tried a character in The Next Generation that was going to be an alien without a gender which Number One was into and have it be played by a man, by Roddenberry is largely credited with nixing it so they instead had a woman play the character.

So really if you wanted to go by Roddenberry's vision then there'd be no LGBT ever shown.

That's even more confusing why they'd carry on like this.

This is just dumb SJW bullshit. Takei's gay, so now they gotta make Sulu gay too? Isn't it rather insulting to insinuate a gay person can't play straight characters? Straight actors play gay characters all the time, look at Brokeback.

If you're talking about pic related, I honestly doubt Roddenberry nixed the idea from beyond the grave

I think I may be getting stories mixed up. I remember some guy that was higher up that did this nonsense with that progressive episode.

Was there a reason for that? Just because it was the 60s? You can imagine a tolerant, progressive society like OS Fed accepting homos. Just like America :o)

Pretty much. The show ran into a lot of difficulties that way. The story is that after/around the third season Takei sort of hinted to Roddenberry that he might want to sort of think about gays on Star Trek and Roddenberry basically said no, reason being that they'd just done the episode where Kirk kissed Uhura and taken a beating in the ratings because several local affiliates wouldn't even show it, and if they put in homosexuals censorship and all sorts of other stuff could come down on them even harder. Then the show got cancelled so it became moot.

One wonders why Roddenberry, virtue signaller that he was, didn't put any gays in Next Generation. Then again, they had Wesley so I guess it doesn't matter.

Was it sweeps week?

because they're celebrities and have nothing better to do with their lives

This is easily a contender for worst Trek episode. Aside from being tranny filth it was also boring, and just plain bad.

That's the big problem when Trek writers make preachy episodes.

"A lot has changed in the past three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of things. We've eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions. We've grown out of our infancy." - Picard (TNG episode The Neutral Zone)

When you look at their Earth, it's so boring. No movies, no music, no alcohol. People have to wear the same baby grow uniform.

I like Star Trek but I can't stand those weird decisions from the 60s that went on through each spin off. That's why I was happy to see a new vision for Star Trek in a new timeline. Too bad it was made by JewJew Abrams.

A lot of that stuff made it's debut in TNG. I'm pretty sure they even still had money in the original series.

if we're going by the movies, then no.

Which hole will he be pozzing?

the child's, probably.

I don't think it ever came up.

Doesn't seem to be the case at the Picard family home. Picards own a vineyard, for starters.

As a genuine liberal this stuff annoys me.
There shouldn't be any scenes of romance and marriage in Star Trek. Stick to sci-fi concepts and stop trying to score points with gay critics to distract from the flaws in your movie.

The preachiness is just there to explain why there's no ATMs or slot machines on board.
Optimism is a big part of Star Trek. Having LGBT and interracial couples is a way to show a future when human differences seem small compared to a galaxy of aliens they interact with. I agree that relationships and races should be regarded with as much fanfare as the color of the walls, because it's so far in the future there are no more fucks to give about it.

they should've just had a scene where sulu fondles another man's flaccid penis for a radio show

Actually, aliens are even more concerned with racial purity than we are.

Faggots, just go back into the closet. No men wants to see that shit on tv, if they are truly honest.

Someone who has never watched Trek. There are numerous episodes based around characters getting laid, into relationships and married, stop being a faggot.

You don't know how this works. I am assuming the actress is a very white woman, not to mention her character is white. Probably also some kind of space nazi/traditionalist.

Idris Elba's the villain. She's trapped on planet Canada when the Enterprise gets wrecked and helps everybody kill Stringer Bell. haven't you seen the trailers?

She's arab or something but with all that make up you can't even tell it's her and she looks hwhite.

In a universe where you can be in relationships with parasites, ghosts, immortals, androids, yourself, and beings with no gender to speak of, being "gay" literally has no meaning at all.

You're literally retarded.

I basically decided a year or two ago that if they ever were to bring the actual show back at this point. I'm never watching even single second of it.

Yes Star Trek has always been kind of pozzed. But I don't think I can even imagine how absolutely fucked the show would be if it was being made now. I would be willing to bet money that they would have the balls to literally not put a single white person on the entire command crew.

This new star trek is not the old star trek

it's basically going to be The Expanse without pretending to be "Hard SF", I'm sure.

TRIPS FOR DONALD TRUMP

you mean President Trump.

No, DS9 played with this idea quite a bit, that the idyllic federation Picard and TNG talk about doesn't really exist, and earth is kind of fucked up, which is why people leave it.

dat root beer scene.

Basically, imagine all the problems that plague the Science Fiction community (for examples of which, look at the Hugos) and just imagine a TV series being made by those kinds of people. That's what we'll most likely get.

You guys should seriously rewatch this episode. It's remarkable how a lazy commentary about gay relationships turns into a dystopic vision of Gender theory.

How does this pegg faggot not understand that having a gay in a show for literally no plot related fucking reason is exactly tokenism?

You mean you would prefer it if the sexuality of one crewmember would be integral to the plot?

not that guy but the only reason fags get added in is if it has something to do with the plot or tokenism

basically, the token gay guy is replacing the token black guy

guess it depends how it's treated. When hejust jumps up and down and reminds everyone every few minutes how gay he is, then yeah.

But if it's just a single scene where he gives his husband a peck on the cheek before hugging their daughter, then what's the damage? We've seen similar scenes with hetero character for decades in many movies without it being integral to the plot.

Because Sulu is all about that pussy. Takei just wanted it to be a new character.

catty gay dudes just enjoy bitching tbh

There are ways to have gay characters in a story without making a big fuss about it. Look at Battlestar Galactica for exemple with the Admiral Cain and Six

no, but if a character has no sexuality related story points, there is no fucking point discussing his or her sexuality.

adding it in to jam diversity down the audiences throat is as stupid as - say - that scene in terminator where arnold steals a biker's clothes. if that guy were the village people faggot kind of biker it would be a whole different movie

Haven't seen Terminator 3 I take it

Quads confirm

If it's not integral to the plot, why is it there?

They teach you economy in story-telling for a reason.

The only reason you'd ever include a faggot in your story is due to your political leanings or because it is your fetish.

There is no other reason to feature such a character in a narrative that doesn't exclusively focus on homosexuality.

It's the lazy mans way to give a protagonist the sorry excuse of character by having a family scene. It's supposed to make the viewer care about the character.
If you paid any attention you would notice scenes that seem to be entirely fluff about a character spending 30 seconds with family in many movies. It's just that usually it's the wife and 2 kids and not a humo husband and one adopted kid.

How did this happen then?

Wesley had to be gay, no way he could hang around with Ashley Judd and not sleep with her unless he was a cock sucker.

Obviously adopted.

I know, it's a problem.

Star Trek became way too gay for my tastes even back in the 1990s. Every time they visited a pleasure planet I thought "oh here we go, guys wearing thongs and women wearing nothing revealing, elton john would be proud.

Dr.Xavier looks good in tights tbh

Most of that shit went out with Roddenberry, still in the 80s

The costume designer was a bit crazy.

OC

Yeah, a leftist.

Well there is a way, he's such a zeta cuckold that she wouldn't sleep with him.

these niggas get it, there's no point in bringing it up unless it's for a reason

prime universe, son, this ain't that universe no more

Teleporters kill. Remember that episode where Riker meets the other Riker? The teleporter killed the original Riker and created two in its place who both believe he is Riker. ban the teleporter.

You know you're a hack when even Takei says this is not a good idea.

Well duh. These idiots know this movie will be the worst of the bunch so they gotta put up as many politically correct shields to avoid any criticism.

Takei's said a lot of dumb shit in recent times, like accusing Abrams of being a racist for "casting Khan as a white guy" and basically setting off Abrams' SJW faggotry streak, but for once he's actually talking sense. Hell, Sulu being a desperate virgin was even a more notably recurring joke in the Star Trek cartoon.

you know, i think the whole "wah khan is white" backlash is what corrupted jew jew

like, before that he wasn't a bad director, he put a good actor in the role. but for some reason, the "muh hwhitewashing" got to him and he seemingly felt the need to add more niggers and women to his movies

suffice to say, star wars might have been a bit more decent if it didn't have so much pandering to it

Does it mostly come from being left out like Bill?

He was a shit Khan and you know it.

Exactly. Jew Jew never even made a big deal about casting or trying to be politically correct like most Hollywood jews. Sure his work wasn't great, but it felt genuine and uncompromised. Now everything he makes tries to hard to appeal to normalfags and the tumblr crowd all because of all the mindless backlash from Into Darkness where he was called sexist for showing sexy babes and a racist for his casting choice for Khan. The whole incident basically corrupted the guy. If he were unmarried and in his 20s I could easily see him as being the next Anthony Burch.

well yeah, the movie became shit once it turned into khan 2.0, had cucumber been a separate villain it would have been a better movie. the other thing is that having a non-poc actor in the role defies the logic of the alternate universe, in that everything only went askew the day jim kirk was born, anything before that was the same, so khan should have still been an indian technically, but the sjws just got uppity about it.

Sulu has never been wrong, thats why he became a Captain on his own so fast. He wanted the Excelsior, he got the Excelsior.

Nero only blew up vulcan, he didn't assrape Sulu and make him gay.

He did that before he went full Tumblr. Let's not forget that he made Star Trek, a series known for presenting ideas, into a fundamentalist piece of science fiction, and he filled the cast with pretty, young metrosexuals, all for the sake of appealing to a 'broader audience'. And why did he do this? Because he's publicly admitted many times that he didn't even like Star Trek and basically just wanted to direct Star Wars, so he turned Star Trek into Star Wars.

The man's always been a hack. Even the scene where he showed Alice Eve's titties and flat, naked stomach had you thinking 'God, what a hack' even as you simultaneously though 'God, I'd fuck Alice Eve'.

It's no surprise that he went full Tumblr to appease the SJWs and prove how super progressive he is, that's what hacks do because they've got nothing original to say and can't let their work stand on its own merits.

Aw god, no.

Abrams can't handle criticism and knows to jump ship when a product he's putting out is going to stop being well-received. That's why he quit Star Wars after the first film. He used his "mystery box" bullshit so no one knew what it was going to be until he put it out. Now that everyone does know, he's not directing anymore films.

He quit Star Trek for the most petty of reasons, though I'm glad he did because his Trek universe is shit. He quit because the studio continued to sell TOS merchandise. Seriously. He wanted his version to be the definitive and only version of Star Trek, he felt upset with them continuing to sell stuff featuring the likenesses of the original actors, so he quit. Little bitch took his mystery box and went home.

Give me an example of a legitimate reason you would find acceptable.

The ship is taken over by those green-skinned space sluts that can control men's minds. Only a single homo in the crew is un-effected.

Do you think eventually they'll do away with this new universe bullshit and go back to the original timeline?

Go back to Holla Forums, kid.

..What?

That's bullshit. They announced from the beginning that each film in the sequel trilogy is going to have a different director.

Why would they do a new series in the original timeline if they're trying to do away with it entirely?

They want it both ways. On the one hand they claim that because whoever altered history, these characters are completely different and they've got different personalities and they don't behave like the original characters do and you don't know what they're gonna do next.

And on the other hand they're trying to claim these are the same old characters you know and love and grew up with, just slightly reinterpreted for a new, modern audience.

It's one of the many reasons I hate Abrams Trek. He tries to have his cake and eat it too.

am i too late for the social signalling thread?

how's that? pretty good for a first try?

It's literally wrong. Picard's family owns a vineyard (or owned I guess) that produces real alcoholic wine, and Sisko's family owned a restaurant. In TOS Scotty gets drunk on vintage whiskey he'd been saving, too.

Despite having magical machines that can create any type of food or whatever that people want and centuries worth of not only Earth media on tap but music and so forth from throughout the galaxy, they still make a point of showing people prefer to do the things they enjoy by hand, such as Riker's cooking and trombonery.

The clothing I don't have any answer for because the clothing in star trek really does suck most of the time, but it would be ridiculous to think that when people make a point of following their other interests they wouldn't similarly make their own clothing, too.

It's funny because Khan actor was white.

The only time people on Earth are shown wearing uniforms are when they're in or about Federation buildings. Picard seems to wear his own casual clothes about the family home, Pike imagines himself wearing normal clothes when he imagines himself back home in Mojave. Kirk and Picard even wear their own casual clothes aboard the Enterprise, for God's sake. Claiming that in the Star Trek world there is no fashion at all and everybody just wears uniforms is just dumb.

Yeah, I remember Picard likes to wear those loose, open shirts and that he changes into riding gear when he plays with his horses on the holodeck, but I couldn't remember anything specific off the top of my head.

So what do they do with all the wine after bottling? What do the people do after eating at Sisko restaurant? Would the restaurant even be open 90 percent of the time. It's not like people have jobs in this free energy post scarcity society.

Star Trek lore, the deeper you look into it the less it makes sense

maybe people just enjoy the experience.

I thought it was the other way around earth is a paradise and most of the rest of the galaxy isnt

Like you would have a easier life in Boston then you would in Arizona in the 1800s

Drink it. What do you do with wine?

Go home and take a shit? What do you do after eating at a restaurant?

Does this automatically mean they don't have desires? Hobbies or interests? Stuff they do for fun? I mean, what would you do if you didn't have to work for a living?

Who, Ricardo?

That's still an incredibly contrived plot that specifically relies on a character being gay, and the whole narrative hinging upon his gayness.

You could replace "he's gay" with a crew member being a woman, and in fact, why do they affect women and not faggots in your little scenario anyway?

The simple truth is that the inclusion of a faggot in your movie comes down to the political leanings of whoever pushed for it, his sexual orientation or his fetishes. There is, otherwise, no single reason to include a faggot, let alone as many as Hollywood is pushing considering they're mentally ill freaks that barely make up 2% of the population.

All you've proven is that Star Trek humanity is made up by hipsters and leftists and deserves a good old Exterminatus.

God, leftists are pathetic.

He probably thought going full tumblr was the only way to make his less than impressive works more memorable while also pandering to his far-progressive friends in Hollywood who stabbed him in the back over Into Darkness.

I also like how in the old show, Gene would always talk about globalist shit and how all men and ideas are equal but would always portray the non-human aliens as inferior in every way compared to humans and that their civilizations were always made up of the things he didn't like about Earth and because of the fact they weren't like humans they were fucked beyond reason simply for being xenoscum and that only earth and socialist humans were the perfect society who would "tame" these wild and savage aliens.

He's just being the stereotypical Jewish parasite.

Clever shoop.

…that is a shoop right?

You forgot "The Secret Life of Pets"

It wasn't breaking records when he posted, dumbus

Not in the better Star Trek.

Takei is showing disappointment yet they can't call him a homophobe or use any of their usual counters against him for obvious reasons. I can only imagine what must be going through his head.

Yet idiots consider this hack to be the savior of Star Trek and Star Wars.

I ain't even getting into this race arguing thing but recasting a bad guy to be suddenly white wasn't just stupid, it was a blatant attempt to never portray "minorities" as being capable of evil.

Jew Jew has always been an SJW cunt and the original cast fucking hates him for it.

Honestly, I don't think Abrams really thought about it that deeply. For starters Khan is barely a character in Into Lens Flare, never mind a representation of white people being the ultimate evil.

He probably got Cumberbatch because Cumberbatch is well known and well liked amongst the tumblr crowd (pretty much the reason anybody casts him) and he's British and Americans have this thing about British people playing the villains, probably rooting back to the War of Independence.

I will agree that Abrams is an SJW cunt, but one that didn't check his privilege until after that shitfest came out.

I guess you have a point, but it seemed to me that even then he was only like a normalfag blend of sjw, not a full on one and that may have been a coincidence (maybe). The backlash from Into Darkness however pretty much transformed him into an even bigger sjw who is only two steps away from being Anthony Burch.

Inb4 SJWs say they hope Takei gets thrown off a roof by muslims or something.

When it comes time for them to eat their own they'll accuse Takei of 'internalised homophobia'. 'Internalisation' is pretty much the only weapon SJWs have against minorities who don't share their viewpoints.

In terms of reviving franchises as safe pap, yes.

How generic can Star Trek get? It's just called "Beyond" now. Beyond what? I couldn't think of a more superficially "deep" title if I tried. Will this movie really succeed? Will it do worse than it's predecessors?

I never cared about Star Trek, can't say I care about this one either. But do the suits really expect this series to last long when they're wringing it like this? They have one of the Fast & Furious directors at the helm, ffs.

It reminds me of Transformers. Every movie is the same plot-a mysterious "evil" appears, then basically all events are forgiven and forgotten by the next movie. It's disgusting, and not because of any sentimental value, but just the laziness of it all. Why won't anyone make anything good anymore?

Didn't the first interracial kiss on television happened on Star Trek? This should surprise no-one.

There's a difference. Back then, that persecution was fueled by the physical which was far more important and heated than personality/behavior bullshit. Also this is something even the biggest faggot in Hollywood is dissing so its newsworthy.

I see the Holla Forumsedditor has arrived.

The better option is to not have fags at all.

Fuck off cuck.

Nigger.

Beyond shit.

Why?

Nope. The old universe is kill sadly.