ITT: movies that deserve reboots, remakes or sequels

ITT: movies that deserve reboots, remakes or sequels

Theres already 2

Well yeah but one of those is shit and the other is meh. I want more.

no such thing
or at least not in the current year

The Dredd remake needs a sequel.

Agreed. Watched it for the first time last month when someone said it was an actually good remake.

Dubs confirm it Dredd deserves a sequel with Karl Urban and the original director and crew.

With the success of movies like Deadpool, I think a movie that follows the comics more closely could work now.

Mask? following the comics? So do you want a almost slasher movie with dark comedic relief? dude, it sounds cool but nobody is going to touch the Mask in a different way they did with Jim Carrey and that horrible sequel.

Don't forget the psychic semen demon

This is like making a thread about which women deserve to be raped to death by a pack of niggers.

Needs a big budget reboot that is closer to the book.

Obligatory

This movie deserves a progressive, modern remake. Perhaps starring all female cast.

lol i get it, that is happening IRL and it signals against ur id politics

I'd love a sequel to Fury Road that has characters/plot that aren't completely retarded

Mad Max is the worst part of every Mad Max movie, they should just be about the crazy raiders like how Nux (warboy that defected in MMFR) was the best character in that movie by a huge margin

95 Judge Dredd was a better adaptation, but that kike rob schneider ruined the whole movie.

Wait for Mad Max: Wasteland.

Has it been confirmed to have a different writer?

Different writer doesn't mean shit. Miller should bring back Terry Hayes to work together on the script and screenplay, he made Road Warrior and Payback great.

Fury Road would be incredible if 60% of the copy-paste action sequences were cut out.

Mad Max and Mad Max 2 are probably the greatest example of a series done correctly. Sequel wasn't just a remake of the first movie, and even surpassed it.

The wierd thing about the first Mad Max movie is that it's really more of a vigilante movie, than it is a post apocalyptic action movie. It feels more at home alongside Death Wish, than it's own sequels.

I actually didn't believe Road Warrior was a sequel to the first when I saw it as a kid.

Are you implying only shitty movies deserve remakes?

I don't think they were but I sort of agree with that. If a movie is really good then it absolutely should not be remade because there wouldn't be anything to improve about it. Carrie is a pretty good example of this, the original one had no noteworthy flaws in its visuals, acting, music, or writing that could be significantly improved in a remake, but they did it anyways and inadvertently fucked some things up like the really long oner at prom was turned into a bunch of generic close up shots because the director has no vision.

The old Dredd was shit that didn't undestand the source material, had slow and dumb action scenes, and a story that was both too complicated and too dumb for its own good. The Dredd reboot fixed all of these problems and turned out to be a really good movie it's pretty much The Raid with guns.

autism is helluva drug