Michael Cimino, Oscar-Winning Director of ‘The Deer Hunter,’ Dies at 77

thewrap.com/michael-cimino-the-deer-hunter-director-dies-at-77/

GOODNIGHT, SWEET PRINCE

ALAS, POOR YORICK

I KNEW HIM, HORATIO

He ruined United Artists and did irreparable damage to artistic freedom in hollywood.

You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off of you
You’d be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I’m alive
You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off of you

BUMP because you fa/tv/irgins need to be reminded that cinema isn't just capeshit.

R.I.P Al Pacino
enjoy eternal Hellfire
you were decent in Zack Snyder's Batman trilogy, but it wasn't enough to save you from eternal Hellfire was it, bitch?

The movie is boring as shit, tbh

Oh shit son, what the fuck do you think you are doing!? You're gonna have the super elite >>>/film/ squad sicced on you if you continue like that! As a matter of the fact I can hear them all now…

Your best bet is to leave the thread and never come back.

This

Don't you know boring = quality user? Like Italian films where they have to show people getting into their cars, then driving for a while then parking and getting out of the car. THAT'S kino. Jim Jarmoosh, Andy Warhol, people who just turn a camera on and point it at something for hours, that's entertainment. And don't you like action? Guys sitting around playing russian roulette, what could be more actiony? That scene was well worth the remaining 3+ hours of movie where absolutely nothing happens. Also it got a whole bunch of gold jew trophies from hollywood so disliking it is literally anti-semetic.

wew lad

He is the Josh Trank of the 20th Century.

FUCK that's a good scene.

But not in a good way. Yes it had amazing sets, costuming etc but it's true legacy is a cautionary tale. Even in "bare bones" edit form it's a tedious chore of a movie, if he'd had any real vision it could have been great Kiki as well as a commercial hit.

Can you not read? That's exactly what I said

Just pointing out it was for ill, not good.

This is a great documentary, but it still blows my mind that United Artists let Cimino spend that much money. They should have just cut their loses.

Depends on your perspective

literally who?

Cool story bro