Who else is not going to watch the stargate reboot out of protest?

Who else is not going to watch the stargate reboot out of protest?

Idk what has ridden Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich to be so autistic about their creation that they fuck up more than a decade of established tv canon.

I really hope it flops hard. They should not be succesful with that.

I am not even going to watch it, maybe after Holla Forums created some nice memes about it, but I don't want to be enraged by all the stuff they ruin with that.
I mean you just know that they will lampshade stuff about the tv series they didn't like and make some hidden jokes about it.

I'm looking forward to their version of Stargate, especially after 17 seasons of Stargate TV shows. I want to see what they could've done if they had a chance to make their 3 Stargate movies.

I liked SG-1, the first season of Atlantis too but once they brought the Deadalus, the show jumped the shark, Earth became overpowered, the Wraiths became a joke, Tayla served no purpose, Ronon was a second bland Teal'c and McKay became a parody of himself (David Hewlett was over-acting like William Shatner in Star Trek TOS).
I'm one of those rare people who enjoyed SGU. It wasn't perfect, the SG writing staff can't write complex characters or drama but I like the new lore they build with SGU, the photography and also the music).

Who else is not going to watch the stargate reboot because stargate is fuckin' shit?

it was a fun tv show user, very comfy

I liked a few of the first episodes of SGU.
However a really bad problem with that show was the german voice actress for that girl who fucked that one soldier. She was just so bad.

SGU could have been great but they kept putting round after round into their feet and kept reloading the gun.
The setting could have been great, two Ancient ships flying around the universe, seeding new galaxies with stargates. That shit is awesome. But the hard focus on drama and characters was so off putting that I couldn't stomach it.
SG-1 was a great monster of the week show. SGA got lame after the second season but it still did the "we're separated from earth" far better than SGU.
SGU would have been better if there were different species dialing into the ship and the crew constantly had to deal with them. Could have opened up a lot of interesting developments but they focused so hard on the crew being drama creating faggots. Is this race peaceful? Can we get some supplies in trade? Or OH FUCK THEY ARE WORSE THAN THE GOU'LD AND WRAITHS WITH THE RELIGIOUS ZEAL OF THE ORI!
They made the same mistake that TFA made, they focused on humans.

That's not necessarily bad, even if I liked to see what you described with more alien encounters.

I can only really remember one specifically.

What I really liked was everything about survival. I really really like survival themes in those types of shows. That's why I liked the earlier seasons of Battlestar Galactica as well, before it turned into a family drama. (literally)

Its one of my pet peeves about science fiction, its way to focused on Humans and Humans alone. Aliens are resigned to the zany or terrifying or are so close to human's visually and emotionally that they may as well be human. I want human's in conflict with truly alien beings.
Remember the episode in SG-1 where Daniel gets grabbed by Chakka the Unas? That was one of my favorite episodes because Daniel is trying to get to that middle ground, he's learning about this alien's culture first hand and finds out that they are more intelligent than anyone gave them credit for.
I do agree with you on the survival aspect, I just wish there was more conflict going on.

The SGA crew was really separated from Earth in the first season but after that, they keep bringing more and more SGC people with the Deadalus/Odyssey, so the "survival" aspect didn't really last long.
At least with the Destiny crew, the only interaction they have with Earth is through the communication stones. Finding an Icarus-like planet to use a stargate was nealy impossible.

I agree. I think the writers made a mistake by making the drones overpowered. The same error they made with the Ori in seasons 9 of SG-1. I hate to say that but I think the cancellation came at the right moment. I don't think they could've come up with a good twist to get rid of the drones.

you had me at reboot tbh

I'm going to watch it because I liked the movie but hated all 3 of the tv shows.

How about I rape you, user?

Eh… it'd be more sex than I'm getting right now.

Alright then.

My place or your place?

What?
WHAT?
WHAT?

Old news user. It's been in the works for over a year now.

It's amazing to me that no one bitchslapped him for doing that shit.
it was even on kickstarter and … I guess the funding went well enough?

i didn't know they're making new stuff, someone spoonfeed me pls
series or movie?

movie

a new trilogy

will completly reboot star gate

Stargate would have been better if it had been X-COM: The TV Show, instead of the softball masturbatory exercise in space fantasy it turned out to be.

Which is a pity. Then again, the survival aspect would just have played out like SG-1 anyway, with humans as the underdogs and having to go gorilla warfare to achieve any semblance of success.

It would have been just a soft reboot to take all the Asgardian toys humans had away so they could be powerless again.

I meant searching for fuel, water, other ressources to maybe upgrade the ship or unlock hidden ship potential.

They against the universe not necessarily only against some alien race.

You know what I mean? I just love a man vs nature theme.

invader ayys are the new Goa'uld. sphere ayy and friends are the new Asgard. humans use Stargates to meet up with friendly ayys while developing wormhole tech so Gay Hippie Data can kick a lot of alien ass.

I never thought they lacked in food and water, the city seems pretty capable of providing all of that shit so long as it has power. And getting power in SG is laughably easy considering shit like Naquadah generators can be built on Earth with relative ease.

I'd have loved for SG-1 and SGA to play up the anthropology and military angles some more, and have a consistent and noticeable tech progression instead of one off gimmick tools.

Explore vastly different human cultures that evolved over time based on their seed "civilization" and the circumstances of the planet they find themselves on, have the military behave like a proper military, show how, say, the Jaffa, and Earth humans approach warfare differently.

Hell, even have the SG teams start using different weapons to counter threats. Instead of underpowered SGMs give them battle rifles with big bullets to counter the natural toughness of Jaffas.

Idk user. If they act like a proper military, then they would lose personality, since it's always "follow my orders" and not some sort of discussion or power balance.

No. I definetly remember a few episodes in the first season having them stop on a planet and cutting something either out of ice or idk what it was.

And if you remember correctly, user, the ship was solar powered. It often went straight into the sun to get powered up again.

I don't think it's very interesting to just handwave, yeah yeah here have food water clothing and advanced technology and now go out and fight some aliens for our action scene.

Again to the miltary. I liked the discussion the group had and would have liked to see them more thought out with each side making logical arguments and negotiation going on.

And maybe less constant reminder that eliott or whatever that nerds name was is getting friendzoned by mc badass the soldier.

I don't give two shits about that hackneyed television series and I've always blamed those assholes Wright and Glassner for preventing a proper sequel to the film.

I'm probably not going to waste my time on the reboot because it's another fucking reboot.

Oh also because Emmerich hasn't made a good film in decades. I don't trust him to do another Stargate justice anymore.

I thought we were talking about Atlantis?

Oh. I was talking about SGU.

I only casually watched Stargate Atlantis. I guess I need to watch it properly some time.

What's the point of a Stargate reboot even? What exactly are they gonna accomplish with it, especially since the hype for the TV show, and the IP in general, has died a long time ago.

Perhaps they think that the general public doesn't remember the original movie so they're making a soft reboot like Jurassic World and SW: The MarySue Awakens.

WHY? YOU? DO? THIS?

Fuck, I haven't heard shit about it.
Another childhood memory is getting raped it seems.

Atlantis was great and sg1 was okay. In fact I am rewatching atlantis right now.
And aliens is so fucking disgusting there. Everyone except asgardians are shit tier.

He is a damn good actor. You can see the realization and disgust build and build.
Even black men from space know when bitches be trippin!

MGM thinks it's their Star Trek

I knew millenials are retarded but get some taste faggots. How long until we have anons that get nostalgic over Men in Black or Independence Day?

it was a comfy tv show that doesn't deserve to just be ignored

I don't know what would be worse, Emmerich having free reign or him trying to make a movie of that convoluted clusterfuck of laughable alien races and plots that were created by the shows.

They cant scale down from WHOLE UNIVERSE AND 1000000 YEAR OLD PLOTS! So it will be at least extradimensional shit with plots that is older than universe and "smart guy" will be smarter than everyone everywhere, "strong guy" will be stronger than a fucking army of solders. And it will have asshole bureaucrat EVERYWHERE! Because people love that shit!

you forgot that they are rebooting it in the movies, user

so it will be goauld all over again, because the creator is so autistic and didn't like what the show did

which is a shame, I always preferred SG-1 over TNG. mostly because in trek, whenever they discover something new, or make some new machine you don't really see it ever again. In SG-1 discovery's are used throughout all three series, and are some are slowly developed over time. All the world building in SG-1 was used in Atlantis and SGU, and world building in Atlantis was also used in SGU.
A few things are forgotten over time.
The crystal skull thing with Daniel's father
The Nox kind of just disappear after a while
but when you have a TV franchise that lasted as long as it did, that's kinda to be expected

also SG-1 had a much better sense of humor, and was much less dry, but I think everyone agrees with that

What do you think was wrong with the first Men in Black?

Loved that shit.

I love that you instantly remember that.

Is this really a remake all the way back to the first movie? Because if not, calling it a reboot isn't really fair, it's more like the opposite of a reboot, considering there was even a series of tie-in novels released prior to SG-1, following the film continuity.

I might watch it, especially considering the energy-aliens and actual languages might give it a slightly more "hard SF" feel. That said, I agree going all the way back to fuss with this while torching two decades of widely beloved canon is indeed super autistic.

Rush was the only truly great thing from SGU and he carried the show, just like he carried the crew.

I kept watching because of him. Not saying there weren't one or two other good things among the garbage, but Rush was the only reason I watched as long as I did.

RDA can't fit through the Star Gate.

So..

The only bearable character was the milliary guy who died.
I guess they just pick random people from the streets for the show too. And it was supposed to be driven not by scify/humor/cool stuff, but by fucking characters. Who are fucking repulsive.

I never truly realised how problematic Stargate was.

instead of rebooting shit constantly why not create their own stuff?

he is a cute

I could really go for a sci-fi series that didn't feature humans at all, and was just about aliens. And I mean real alien aliens, not just humans in space. The closest thing I can think of is the Oddworld games

I hear you, but i doubt it would really work.

Technical aspects about CGI or puppetry aside, how would you tackle it as a writer. Truly Alien means different thoughprocesses and motivations. You'd probably have to throw tons of exposition at the viewer just to give a basic understanding why the actors do and behave in patterns that seem completely nonsensical.

I envision it being almost like a wildlife documentory. A window into another world, where you might not always understand the things you're seeing, but find it captivating anyway.
Of course I understand the majority of people would never watch it. The plebs need their relatable characters.

Damn son, I didn't hear about this.

Is it going to retell the SG-1 series story, or is it going to do some alternate story?

It's a complete reboot. Chances are it won't resemble the Stargate TV universe at all.

Not necessarily, think of The Dark Crystal. Transformers easily could've been like that if it took place off earth, Guardians of the Galaxy was nearly there.

Rush and Young carried the show. 2 great actors.

Only watched Stargate due to McGyver's sarcastic comments to the villains.

Yup. He probably feels extreme autism-rage over the series.

X-Com was loosely based of a tv show already