The Neon Demon

What the fuck? Since when was that the release date? I'm fucking excited to see one my favorite autists at work. By the look of things, it's another divisive film by Refn. Thoughts? Expectations? I'm not letting the reviews bring my hopes down especially since I greatly enjoyed and appreciate Only God Forgives and that got an abysmal reaction from the plebby plebs.

So she's not a real human bean?
I presume being a demon she's beyond forgiveness?
Does she drive an automobile?
Does she sport a shiny jacket with an edgy design?
Are her hands really dicks?

another pretentious film about losing your innocence?

As I can tell from the reviews, the movie is just fucked up and beautiful, it's a must if you're into that kind of work.

More like never having it tbh

who is this neon demon?

Dakota Fanning.

I'd see it just for fucking Jenna Melone. Also expect some more fap material for Christina Hendricks.

I might see it just for Best Fanning.

Jena Malone will show her tits. I think she also has a kiss scene with Elle Fanning.

Christina Hendricks will tease, as always

I've never wanted to see a celebrity's tits as bad as I do hers

You'll never see them. Not even her husband gets to see them

This film is gonna be great fap material

So I just saw it.

I don't think this was as good as Drive or even Only God Forgives, but it was still a great watch. And I hate to break it to you guys, but there wasn't too much fap material… Unless you're into necrophilia and gore.

Also it's Elle Fanning, not Dakota. She owned the movie too. Great performances all around, well except for one supporting actor. Beautiful shots. Strangely soothing/intense synth score. My only complaint would be that the ending left much to be desired, and I wished that Refn would have worked on tightening the script and even further with the surrealism. Then again, most of what you need to know about the story can be found in the shots themselves.

So it's exactly like OGF, then?

Disappointing.

Not really. I'm not sure what you mean. This was nothing like it. I would argue that it does many things better, but if you're one of those faggots who just want Drive 2, this isn't it.

Were Jena Malone's tits on display and did Elle Fanning kiss a girl?

That's all I need to sustain me

Afraid not, user. There are some scenes of Elle being lewd, but nothing like that. I was honestly expecting more nudity from the main cast to be honest.

Jena was still really hot in this though. Her character also tries to fuck Fanning.

I guess I am one of those faggots. Drive was way better than OGF, but so are most of Refn's other movies. I don't see what's wrong with a little delivery.

Also, wasn't "The Neon Demon" Refn's nickname prior to this? lol I'm glad he cut the games out and put "neon" in the title.

The delivery was there, but it was much more subtle and illustrated through the cinematography than anything he's done before. It was something you actually have to look out for and piece together. That said, The Neon Demon is fucking gorgeous. Can't empathise that enough. Now I like Drive as much as the next user, but it was sort of dumb compared to OGF. I know that's what got Refn out there, but I don't think that he should limit himself to telling the same story in the same way. I appreciate him taking risks and he definitely did that with his last two films. I feel they were all the better for it too. And what I meant was that the script was fine all things considered, but I felt some of the dialogue fell flat.

She's BLACKED?

This movie was terrible and I can't believe people are actually liking it. I mean, I'm one of the guys who really liked Only God Forgives, even. But everything about this movie was so utterly pointless and the dialogue was so bad and poorly delivered. There was such a lack of set-up that I have a hard time even referring to the pay-off as such. There was so much wasted potential and a lot of what was happening outside of the movie was significantly more interesting then what we got to watch. And yes, it was very pretty to look at. But pretty visuals do not save one of the slowest paced films I have ever watched. After the fifth ending I was ready to walk-out, and I very rarely feel that way about anything I paid to see.

I'm just curious, but what did you like about OGF? I do think that this was one of his more weaker films though.

Did you miss the whole thing about beauty, the allure of a city like Los Angeles, and the desire to be something you're not? This was not a pointless movie. It told a story that was mostly shown through the smallest and most obvious of visual cues.

I kind of agree with the last bit. There were some poorly delivered lines. The first that comes to mind would be Jesse's friend and maybe Keanu Reeves. Everybody else did a pretty great job. The dialogue was definitely not as bad as you're saying.

Again, a lot of that setup was peppered throughout the movie. Things like the symbol, Jesse's visions, the reactions of the other models, etc. I could go into a more in depth analysis, but I don't have the time right now. I might also need to watch it a second time.

Yeah, I sort of feel you on that. I wasn't ready to walkout, but I laughed a little when it just kept going. I think I heard a groan or two in the theater. I also agree about wasted potential. I expected alot more from this.

His "Real Lolita shit" line made me chuckle. Loved the movie but the theater was completely empty and shoved back on a smaller screen. Pretty sad.

Torrent when?