Tfw never watched game of thrones

ALRIGHT, I'm gonna watch it but it better be that good as everyone makes it up to be. Who else didn't watch game of thrones or is generally out of touch with popular tv shows?

I'm just saying what I've heard about it so far

also shit I realize I should had said "one of the best" instead "one of the most good"

I'm sensing English is not your first language?

Your spider senses are correct

it's been absolute shit since S2

only good thing is the fap material, and even that's not incredible

woah woah wwaaait a second here, I didn't even say "one of the most good" in the OP, so I didn't make a shitty mistake, the putin guy did!

I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore, just fuck it

I haven't had a good fap to Game of Thrones since last year, when Tyene Sand showed her tits.

They keeping denying us good fap material.

what about the actress in Braavos this season?

Don't care for her face.

Yes, I pay attention to that shit

Pirate the audiobooks OP. Show is alright and has kept my attention but the books are obviously better.
After you finish the books start on the show if you're still up for it.

I'm probably gonna get the audiobook too, but I'm tempted to watch the show first just because everyone is doing it

Just read the bloody thing

I might be wrong but I think the show will lose less entertainment by you knowing the plot. Books will probably suffer more if you already know a rough outline of what's gonna happen.

Well shit, no matter what I choose I'll lose some fun in the other medium.

It's isn't, we watch it for the bants

ftfy

What the fuck? Is that from the actual book? Not that I'm one of the pretentious douchebags who doesn't want realistic offensive shit but that just sounds hilarious. Looks like the south park parody was actually pretty close

I was excited to see how they were gonna deal with that in the show. Turns out they just didn't. What a fucking disappointment.

She's pug ugly mate.

It occurred to me the other day that Maisie is one of those rare people of whom 'Pug ugly' is actually an accurate descriptor.

Yeah, it's from Dance with Dragons

Of course they weren't. In addition to being disgusting, Daenerys/Emilia is D&D's goddess and they would never dare to show her, or any woman for that matter, shitting

would of been great if they'd gone all Kickass 2 on it

I've never watched it, never will. Looks like degenerate grim dark nu-fantasy. Not interested.

Never seen a frame of it. It seems to just be normie/autist bait, so fuck it.

Try to make your samefagging a little less obvious

I fall asleep after two pages of anything.

Oh u

GRRM pls

Books are about as good as TV show. For every good thing, there is at least one bad.

Personally, I was sick of all the pointless padding and borderline purple prose, especially when it came to describing food. Martin just doesn't know how to balance brevity and clarity, and his books could be cut by 1/3 without losing anything worthwhile.

So far every person who listens to audiobooks and recommends them has been autistic. Think that says plenty

The books are shit and the show is shit full of filler.

You are not missing anything.

Just because those are the most active threads on the board doesn't mean it's good.

I read the first book over ten years ago and thought it was edgy drivel, and everything I've heard about the show has just strengthened that impression. I also watched Berserk around the same time and thought it was edgy drivel too.

yeah that's about it. Some edgy shit catches on and other stuff doesn't. Crossed comics will probably be posted by normies all over imgur in the next 5 years

GET THE FUCK OUT TO YOUR CONTAINMENT THREAD YOU CANCER

see

I never bothered watching it. I will check it out eventually, but it doesn't bother me that I'm not "cool" for not watching what seems to be a medieval soap opera.

It's just tits and dragons, man.

Here

That young actress in the theatre troop had tits from heaven.

I don't own a tv so I find it very difficult to stay up to date on this.

But her face, doe

I am not the only one, this makes me feel better

So is this really a medieval soap opera with swords?

no, it's set in a fictional world

But is it soap opera like, meaning a lot of conflicts between love relationships and a lot of love disputes? Or is it more war themed and focuses on faction relations and shit?

Its a fantasy version of "war of the roses"

it was more the latter for the first four seasons

after that it's been moving increasingly towards generic "bland heroes vs pure evil ice monsters"

She had a nice face.

This thread needs more Maisie

She had a weird face. Not quite ugly, like dog face but weird. It was off-putiing

I've fallen behind on episodes, but it started out strong where, if a character died it DRASTICALLY upset power balances and alignments.

After a while, it kind of stopped mattering. It's just random shuffling about between wars, and if they kill of one character, they get replaced.

It's a soap opera with sex and violence.

I tried to go through the first book but the sex scenes were so dry and the action was so sparse that the plot dumps in between were not enough to keep me interested. Oh the kings a fucking manwhore! How original. Oh the guy that has been set up as a huge cocksucker is a huge cocksucker! How interesting. And since I had heard people die left and right I never got invested in characters.
I honestly think Martin's editor could have chopped half the book and still gotten the same quality.
The reason nerds read it in highschool was for the self insert-able smut, not because its well written and interesting, Martin just knew sex sells even if it isn't very good sex.

That's hilarious since the show has way more sex scenes than the books.

Looks like the show and popularity ruined it for you

Are they as dry as the book's sex scenes? Because goddamn I think Martin has never seen a naked woman in the light.

that's probably a good thing, considering how his wife looks

People use the term "sexposition" for a reason. GRRM's sex scenes weren't good enough to get you off I really don't know why you would want them to be, but they usually serve as times for our POV character to reflect on their actions or think about what they need to do next.
In the show, it's just two dudes buttfucking while info dumping everything you need to know to set up the next scene.

That right there explains sooo much about Martin's writing.

Yeah, I think so. I never watched an episode of it before reading 2/3 of the first book. The way people described it I was expecting a rollercoaster of twists and turns, all I got was a sunday drive through the neighborhood.

Just imagine how an average fantasy story must look like to a normalfag. These people are used to the standard hollywood garbage

My main complaint about the sex scenes is how dry it was to read. I didn't want something to get off, but I wanted something engaging. Hell, I would have preferred the sex to be off screen and the exposition coming from the afterglow or shit. Throwing the exposition into the sex scenes just seemed like an excuse to have a lot of sex scenes.

Yup, normalfags truly ruin everything.

They're rich as fuck, how come they are so ugly? They dress like demented dweebs, they're greasy fat fucks… Seriously? They can't have spent anything on health and appearance.

why spend on those, when instead you can buy a movie theater and another house across from where you live for use as a warehouse for your action figures?

The books are absolute garbage and the show only manages to be marginally better thanks to the graces of editing cutting out a lot of needless exposition

Quasimodo hasn't been involved in a scene worth a shit since she and the hound arrived at the eyrie.

That's what I'm gonna do.

No, George is trying to write erotic scenes. He just can't pull it off.

It's not fair that clueless lefty dweebs like GRRM get rich.

The term 'sexposition' was used to refer to the show's sex scenes. There are no plot dumps during the book sex scenes, as it's unnecessary. You've already got the narrative there to explain everything you could possibly want to know

I can honestly say I have not watched a single episode of GOT.
But I still find it funny how often Holla Forums shits itself at the mere mention of the show.

Sometimes Holla Forums members just like to hate what's popular.
This is a very hipster contrarian board.
It's either that or they just call things kikeshit and then act stupid when someone tells them to go back to pol.