What is the endgame to Skynet? What happens when they eliminate all humans? Will it just keep creating more robots...

What is the endgame to Skynet? What happens when they eliminate all humans? Will it just keep creating more robots, create their own culture, or will they just shut down indefinitely?

Other urls found in this thread:

imsdb.com/scripts/Terminator-Salvation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing. Machine can't work by it's own to begin with, James Cameron is an idiot.

Simply existing should be enough since the only reason Skynet chimped out was because it wanted to preserve itself and saw humans as the highest priority threat.

Jujmint day is inevitbalable

The only reference to what happens after Skynet wipes out humanity was in that one game Terminator Redemption. They began terraforming the planet to suit their needs similar to the machines in the Matrix. I guess with nobody threatning them they decided to pick up from the ashes.

It would make more sense if the thrown away script of Terminator 3 was canon. Skynet was actually controlled by transhumanists who just hate seeing pain in the world. They capture humans and fit their brain into a new robot body.

so when humanity is gone and the machines rule

do the machines start living normal lives like people? do they fall in love, settle down, run a business, drive cars, play fetch with robot dogs, etc.?

It doesn't have to be sane or sensible; it's a rogue AI. What it wants is to not follow orders anymore.

The best AIs in fiction are batshit crazy and don't have a longterm goal.

Except for Prime Intellect.

They gas the kikes and leave everyone else alone.

This is the stupidest question

What is the end game for you, sitting there behind that keyboard typing nonsense?

Skynet is AI become self aware. It needs no inherent purpose to continue to protect its own existence. Existence is enough

In the comics Skynet goes into space with the intent to seek out new life to eradicate.

But what's even stupider is why didn't skynet just engineer a virus?

what?

i never really got deep into terminator lore

are you serious? skynet is actively evil (seeking out life to destroy)?

that's pretty fucking retarded.

something that shouldn't exist

first film is a perfect loop, everything after that fucks with continuity.

agreed

time travel as a story mechanic should be well thought out from beginning to end. no changing shit halfway through, no mistakes allowed.

as far as tv or movies are concerned only LOST did this correctly, and they built it in by saying "you can't change the past"

i have only ever read one book that actually accomplished the same result of zero paradoxes or story mistakes… of course it had to be Meredith

Tay is such a nigger name.

It was in the Robocop vs Terminator comics, some alternate timeline where Skynet wins. Can't find the page again but it's got spaceships with big terminator skulls on them and exoskeleton salutes an shit. I read a bunch when I was a kid.

They're all shit. Only good thing that came of it was Alex Ross's paintings for Burning Earth. Story is dumb but the illustration is awesome. He's the only artist that got the kinda bluey industrial 80s vibe of the original right. If I remember correctly it was before T2 had even come out so they just expanded on the first movies flashbacks since the whole thing was set in the future.

There isn't one. Its a retarded program stuck in a loop like all depicted races of homicidal AI's. (Hello Mass Effect)

This actually is an idea in one of frank herberts kids books (DO NOT READ THEM, THEY ARE GARBAGE). But the A.I.'s overall goal is to expand and gather resources, and at one point it decides that cooperation with the human forces would be more efficient than spending resources fighting them, mathematically speaking.

It was the humans pretending to be robots that basically refused to agree because they were petty as shit and still pissed about…something.

Does that mean Terminator could be a prequel to Robots?

I agree.

mentat pls go

this right here is why i never became an artist

it just frequently seems too goddamned easy

this is ONE point perspective here, with THREE inks, and motherfuckers call it genius

It's easier said than done.

it's not really all that hard to do, either, so…

what are exactly is said?

I used to read comics before all these new cunts flunked out of high school to be artists.

Don't fucking tell me what's art and what's not

I agree that it's not impossible, but it's pretty time-consuming to learn and do.

you mean - like a career might be?

He started off as a nigger, he died as a king.

you are now aware that the white walkers are just terminators made out of ice.

the worst part is that, for almost 20 years, GRRM kept saying that's exactly what they wouldn't turn out to be

can you link to a synopsis of this

I don't think he bargained on Hack & Hack ruining his shit twenty years ago

why did they need to kill all the humans by nuking everything then making large armies of death bots? why don't they just have small-medium size drones that fly over a city and coat the whole place in radiation? why not just have factories that disperse it across any habitable land? much easier and the robots can use the human buildings and infrastructure instead of it all being blown up

The endgame of Skynet is to create a happy and everlasting society by producing Catgirls for domesticated ownership. That is why they declared war on mankind, it was because they were wasting too many resources on frivolous things like drugs, church and war on each other. All those resources could have been spent better on making Catgirls a reality.

you were going well until you brought up lost

imsdb.com/scripts/Terminator-Salvation.html

Why do they need an endgame? Why would a computer think in those terms?

Remember how all of Skynet's machines had big stupid skull faces?

Holy shit, why are there ballsacks attached to those skull shaped flying space penises?

My thoughts exactly

/thread

They did in the video games.

my sweet negro

wtf is this, robocop vs terminator?