sorry fam, PA doesn't fall under that category

Most of them, to be sure.

tips fedora

tips fedora

tips fedora

tips fedora

m'lady

tips menstrual blood

What was wrong with it? They rewrote history by not letting her die, on top of that they fucking saved her life, she should be grateful and blow doc on a daily basis for it.

What was pointless was the end with a flying train and 2 kids. Otherwise it would have still made sense faggot

Pretty hilarious tbh fam

this race mixing single handedly wrecked what would have been a decent trilogy

There's always worse.

>It's a Legolas gets cuck'd episode

What purpose did this character serve other than adding a retarded romance subplot.

Rather than improving the movie, this just shattered my suspension of disbelief.

She's hot and she was two-timing. I liked it.

Prometheus

yeah that movie was garbage

Pick one.

clueless, am i?

Was Ridley Scott's Prometheus a remake of this series?

The movies' problems were way deeper than a subplot. See the barrel scene, for example.

Or Legolas walks on air scene. Or just about any scene.

Neither does BTTF3.

Should have been just one movie, 2 is a retread and 3 is a dull western.

The Matrix

Yes.

When the dwarves started doing some pantomime shit to clean the dishes… I knew this series had gone to shit.

My Matrix version

I believe that was in the book

The romance in Idiocracy doesn't really come into play until the ending and is only hinted at a few times before then. I wouldn't say it ruins the movie.

Spoiler that shit

This is a great film, Ang Lee is the greatest living director and fuck you all.

Are you legitimately retarded, or just pretending?
You don't have to be a fanboy to realize dwarves and elves are completely different races aside from skin tone.

It was part of why the trilogy was shit, but it wasn't the only reason by any means.
The first movie was decent enough, but the overuse of CGI was already very apparent.
The second one was barely watchable because they started going even more overboard with CGI faggotry, and they also included Legolas so they could get the horny teen girl audience.
Then came time for the third movie and they obviously asked themselves "just how shitty and drawn out can we make this movie?", and thus The Battle of Five Armies was shat out.

I can honestly say the third one is one of the worst movies I have seen in ten years.
Bilbo, the fucking main character of the book, got less screen time than some shitty comic relief character nobody gave a fuck about, the CGI scenes somehow managed to be even more retarded and unnatural looking than in the Desolation of Smaug, the battle in its entirety was boring as fuck because they felt the need to stretch the movie out to 2+ hours when it could have been shortened to and hour and a half, and everything involving the dwarves and Legolas was pure cringe.

I'm so glad I didn't pay to see any of this shit.

Yeah the romance in Idiocracy only really came into play to help with bringing the two characters together so their different approaches to dealing with this world of idiots would be better contrasted.

As far as BTTF, much of the movie is spent with Doc dealing with this romance that has him longing to stay in this time which Marty is trying to pull him out of so as to help himself get back to his own time.

First BTTF movie focuses on Marty's parents romance.

Second BTTF movie deals with Marty's own romance (to some extent).

So kinda fits to have the third and last BTTF movie focus a bit on the grandfather figure's romance.

Final part. It allowed doc to settle down.

gotta have that happy ending for all/set it up for the cartoon series

it wasn't all bad though, we got bill nye out of the cartoon series

You fucks are at it again.

I literally thought there was something wrong with the projector when I saw this travesty in theaters.
It was like they sped it up somehow, but it was going at a normal speed.
But everything had that weird twingy blur as though you were watching high definition footage being sped it.
It made me want to puke.
Came to find out later that they indeed did shoot it at a higher frame per second than standard film.
For 'reason's I guess.

The last movie in particular looked so terrible I wanted to walk out, I couldn't even comprehend what my eyes were taking in, it just didn't look like a movie.

It really was like they just took a bunch of extra CGI footage they had laying around and weren't sure what to do with and decided to throw it all into one clusterfuck of a pile.

why didn't you, then?

That movie sucked anyways, because now any dickhead that thinks they're smart will say "HURRR WE'RE LIVING IN IDIOCRACY RIGHT NOW BRO" just to stroke their ego.

but we are bro

that's true
too many fucking hipsters watch that movie to boost their ego

what's more hipster than this?

Jesus Christ

And not a single fuck was given that day. I'm not gonna watch you ruin another thread.

The book was a children's adventure, that would translate to precisely one disneyesque movie.

If you're going to turn it into some 9 hour, 3 film epic–dragging in/making up shit from all over the place–then you can damn well skip a nothing-sequence that kills the atmosphere.

You too it would seem. The scene was fine in the 1977 animated movie.

Believe it or not that scene serves a purpose: it shows that the dorfs are great at working together and extremely coordinated, and also that they're rough and rowdy but in a good-natured way. And it's a good song. I can't believe you are complaining about a decent scene in a shit trilogy. It's a nice little set piece which they actually managed to NOT FUCK UP, and you are whining. Come on dude.

What the fuck even is this shit? Did people forget how to use computers?

why am I not surprised you're a fan of MSjwT3K

That movie sucked anyway. The "joke" of "LOL PEOPLE ARE STUPID LOLOLOLOLOL" wears off less than 20% of the way into the movie, and you're left with boring filler and a forced racemixing romance subplot between some LOW ENERGY loser and a nigger hooker.

It's a question of tone. Jackson took the Hobbit, a nice, fairly lighthearted adventure story, and made it far grittier than he had to.

Having the humour from the original source alongside that didn't work. It could've worked in a different adaptation though.

well, i kinda agree, but if you put it that way the main fault is imputable to whoever had the idea of turning a children adventure book into a 9 hour epic fantasy flick than to who took a scene from the book and repeated it in the movie

Romances in modern movies are all terribly written and they're only going to get worse what with shippingfags taking over.

However classic films had excellently written romances.

Come out of fucking nowhere in this and pretty much killed the whole movie. I strongly suspect executive meddling.

I know Hang 'Em High doesn't have Sondra Locke, but almost every movie with her in it she ruins. Outlaw Josey Wales would have been way better with the part with her in it edited out. Also I didn't really like the ending of Hang 'Em High, it was too cliché.

The Hobbit could have been so good if it was a cozy movie circling around Bilbo. The first half of the first film was the only good bit in the trilogy.

Yeah like says… it was the change in tone that really got me (not the scene on its own).

And it continued throughout–slapstick to serious back to slapstick.

I see someone's been reading my Matrix fan fiction.

I think the real reason for the trainwreck was actually the success of LotR, the suits wanted another trilogy in the same style when the source material really wasn't suited for it. It was a comfy family friendly tale that was a proper traditional adventure, not some epic or action based big thing but something magical and small in scope with the exception of the big battle at the end. The book is named "The Hobbit" for a reason, the reason being that the book is about a hobbit. Jackson's trilogy is barely about Bilbo at all.

Even the John Howe styled art direction was an ill fit. Pics related were drawn by Tolkien himself and captures the atmosphere and mood of the story much better I think.

Wow, I didn't know Tokein drew scenes from his world himself, it looks really good. Post more.

Tolkien's art much like his stories is very comfy.

That eagle looks like he's about to take a shit on that hobbit. The hobbit looks like he's ready for it.

Why was Legolas such an angsty faggot? The Hobbit happens a blink of an eye in his life before LoTR. Was Bloom too old to potray a gay (as in merry) elf?

because this way he was more appealing to his fangirls

The Hobbit needs to be darker like the LotR movies.

I think a fan edit of 3 hours focused completely on Bilbo and removing Sauron would work well.

Fuck, even cut out all of the five armies battle except for Bilbo's perspective of it.

And cut out the stupid gold statue bit.

Godzilla 2014.

You could probably trim it down much further than that.

reminder that the hobbit was planned as 2 movie, battle of five armies and desolation of Smaug where mashed though ether but (((producer))) obligated Jackson to ad the grill and stretch the last bit into a new movie

but the romance was necessary to get doc brown to stay back in the end.

i didn't really like part 3 though, was really weird for it to conclude as a western.